• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Brawl Will not be a Part of 2011 MLG Pro Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Life

Smash Hero
so it is from my understanding that because Jason wasnt feeling good that day, therefor deciding not to try, yet still winning, mlg without any proof accused him of bracket manipulation?
IIRC, M2K wasn't playing up to speed (Diddy gets him down) and ADHD apparently promised to give him money because they're friends or something.

Two unrelated, normal things taken together apparently make bracket manipulation.

Namesearch: Rich Brown

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
for the record i already know chibosempai ratted the incident although i was promised not to say the source thanks chibo you can continue denying it if you want just like you lie about MGC

jem you are such a suck up because of halo then posting private stories i tell you to mlg forums

you can really learn who are your real friends in times like these but it's ending now so it doesn't matter
I didn't rat you guys out, I didn't even know about it until other people you told started posting here on swf about it after the event. Why would I tell anyone high up at MLG about it and risk losing Brawl over it? Because of this Brawl is off and the next evolution of the tournament scene is gone, yes I obviously would want to cause that. I don't know why you think I ratted you out or would even want to, I didn't rat out anyone about anything anytime.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yo, remember when brawl was on the MLG circuit? :awesome:

Mew2king, you should take
some
responsibility for what happened rather than blaming and lashing out at others. Ask yourself...who really made the wrong choice?

this guy :awesome:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I think this is relevant. I wrote it in M2K's blog, but here's a fleshed out version of my opinion.

You guys have got to stop being angry at MLG. Or blaming anyone for that matter, besides Nintendo (added this sentence for relevance).

Think of all the money MLG has poured into Brawl. Think about it. It boggles my mind. It's like twice the amount I make in a year, full time. A YEAR. That is a CRAPload of money. MLG forces our game into people's faces. It directly targets the market of gamers we want to appeal to -> competitive gamers. Gamers that understand the concept of going out and competing right from the get-go.

Melee had it great back in the day. Halo players, and players from other games were watching us and becoming legitimately interested in picking up the game. Heck, I've even seen threads pop up here where people have said "I saw Brawl at MLG and I want to pick it up. I'm coming straight from a Halo background".

Anybody who thinks they can come up with a reason as to why we're better off, no, you're just wrong. I'll agree completely that we're perfectly fine on our own, and we're perfectly able to pursue other means of increasing the profile of brawl as a competitive game. However I cannot agree that MLG did anything wrong by us.

I cannot fault MLG for dropping Brawl as it did. If I was in the boss chair and was told that there was to be no support from nintendo, I'd be happy enough to cut the game too. Think about the sheer amount of money it takes to support Brawl. Rediculous prize money. Absolutely fricken rediculous. More than is sustainable. They make this money back with product placement on their streams, coverage, advertising. However they can do none of this without Nintendo's support. The moment MLG realised that Nintendo wasn't going to budge on the issue, I'm sure is the moment MLG knew there was no way Brawl would return.

A business has to make money. I'd rather see Brawl dropped for the moment, than see MLG lose even more money supporting a game that doesn't generate a lot of revenue (if any).
If there's any person or organisation at fault, it's Nintendo, and even then, they are only acting in their own best interests I'm sure (which is probably to protect the image they've marketed for Brawl thusfar).

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
the fault is from masashiro sakurai for create a very casual game, is just to casual is very very hard play it in a competitive form for this brawl will start to die. and now masashiro sakurai said that he never will make a smash like melee so the glory melee days will never raturn :(

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
MLG is MLG, whatever.

Go to more nationals. I dunno if you guys remember those... it was those tournaments we were hosting before MLG picked us up and made them all have to cancel.

@Neko: Trolling is an excuse to be a jerk, lol

Life

Smash Hero
IBTL. I'm calling it now.

Which is sad, this is something that should be discussed.

Still curious if/when this board is getting locked.

Ace55

Smash Lord
<content redacted>

Yes, sensoring the responses is the solution...

She doesn't want you anymore, you're just making yourself look desperate.

Last edited by a moderator:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Stop whining Masky, you have no right for someone who's only good at timing people out lolol. I'm enjoying the forum community responses. Times change tho, that's why comparing what M2K did now as to what Ken may have done regarding throwing a set is pointless D:

Why would I tell anyone high up at MLG about it and risk losing Brawl over it?

Anything can be considered trolling these days.

LOOOOOLLLLLL its hilariously ********
Its unbelievable!

swordgard

Smash Hero
I think this is relevant. I wrote it in M2K's blog, but here's a fleshed out version of my opinion.

If there's any person or organisation at fault, it's Nintendo, and even then, they are only acting in their own best interests I'm sure (which is probably to protect the image they've marketed for Brawl thusfar).
The way the ruleset was determined was bad. Its not like MLG is without its faults. I'd rather have something like MLG not happen at all tbh, considering how much it influenced some of the decisions in the backroom. MLG owns smashboard, I am willing to say they did a lot of good for swf, but they did also did a lot of harm in other ways.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
@ Masky: Agreed. We don't all want to look like a bunch of trolls, so the mods should start getting rid of the trolls and letting a decent discussion take place.

@ Ace55: It won't fix the issue entirely; it might, however, help a more relevant and coherent discussion take place.

Anyway, being on the circuit was great, but Nintendo obviously didn't care/hates competition, so we might not get to experience this again. MLG, thanks for letting us be a part of this for however brief a time, we're terribly sorry for being immature at times, and thanks for actually showing that you care about us (although, as I've said earlier, the M2K/ADHD issue could have been handled better).

Masky

Smash Master
Reqeusting a lock ~
That's a terrible idea.

First, that's EXACTLY what the trolls/spammers are trying to achieve.

Second, it rewards the mods for not doing their jobs and allows them to place the blame on us instead of rightly on themselves.

Third, it closes off our best line of communication between the community and MLG. I think everyone can agree that the lack of communication between MLG and the community has led to a lot of misunderstanding.

Masky

Smash Master
@Maasky btw
kinda a double-edged sword though
Especially if ppl keep trolling MLG will eventually lose patience with this community.

I do agree with the second point though
If the moderators were moderating and actually doing their jobs, we wouldn't have this problem and everything would be a-ok... This forum or at least this thread needs way more moderation. (To give them credit, at least they seem to have responded to all my requests/reports)

IMO, if MLG learns ANYTHING from this thread, it should be that their current choice of management/moderation of Smashboards is lacking to say the least and something needs to be changed there

Also, to add onto trolling posts reflecting upon the community, most of the people trolling/spamming don't even attend Brawl tournaments or didn't even attend MLG so they don't reflect the community at all.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, time to begin Project Bring-Melee-Back-To-MLG.

Half-serious, because despite what all the trolls are saying, getting kicked out of MLG is a big thing, even if we can live without it.

This has gotten out of hand once again. I am forced to lock this due to spam until further notice. Infractions WILL be handed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom