• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
OR, less pros are playing it because they don't want to suck and stayed with Melee.
Are you just dumb? Seriously, why do people think that all the pros will just suck when Brawl comes out? Most of the pros will stay with the game, and most of the pros have a much higher understanding of the mechanics than you do (it IS being based off of melees game engine you know -_-) and they are the ones that take their characters beyond the norm and persue things that many do not and maximize their success. I'm not even going to mention how much more strategic and smart their gameplay is over the average players.

Do you really think that you will be on equal standing to them?

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I think Link deserves to do well this time round.

Him being in the Mid Tier list for Melee wasn't too fair on him, mean comon - Ocarina of Time, the god of Adventures games, an he's only mediocre in Melee? Whilst a **** bird that can't even fly is at the top? (Falco)

Not fair man. Not fair.
I hope to god he remains Mid Tier. Link is humble, and as such, he should NOT be as egotistical and faggy as Marth.

If he was amazing people would look down on him as 'some rigged char', trust me.

Plus even Mid Tier Link can do decent vs Higher Tiers.

I like getting good with chars that are slightly broken. They usually take more skill or technique. I've seen idiots who pick up Marth and own hard with that beloved C-stick, and it's sad!

All the fun lies within how you play the char, and if yo uask me, Link is the most fun as there are so many different strats to choose for him, and so many little techniques that you can use to really piss off a Marth... Just my opinion though.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I hope to god he remains Mid Tier. Link is humble, and as such, he should NOT be as egotistical and faggy as Marth.

If he was amazing people would look down on him as 'some rigged char', trust me.

Plus even Mid Tier Link can do decent vs Higher Tiers.

I like getting good with chars that are slightly broken. They usually take more skill or technique. I've seen idiots who pick up Marth and own hard with that beloved C-stick, and it's sad!

All the fun lies within how you play the char, and if yo uask me, Link is the most fun as there are so many different strats to choose for him, and so many little techniques that you can use to really piss off a Marth... Just my opinion though.

That's so true. Whenever I play as Marth and my friend chooses Link, I get pissed so much by the boomerang. -.-

I think MK, Pit, ZSS, Snake (maybe) and Fox will all be either top tier or high.

But you gotta unlock the characters first! xD

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
I don't think metaknight is going to be as good as people think he is.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I also hope Snake is mid or low tier for my above reasons.... Also I should point out though that Link seriously has no chance VS a good Fox. But yeah.

All I know is, Snake needs more cigarettes.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
^^^The best fox player in the world still isn't perfect so theres always a chance.

GLCH

Smash Apprentice
I havn't had the chance to play online but my friends unlocked everything besides all the trophies and stickers... I was at the Gamestop tourney and my friend made it to the finals with Mario.. This kid used Lucas and owned.. Anyways... HERE IS MY LIST!!!

Top Tier:
Lucas (Why are you so godly???)
Pit
Toon Link
Meta Knight
Marth

Mid Tier:
ZSS
Wario
Mario
Shiek
Zelda
Peach
Kirby
Samus
Ness
Pikachu
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Bowser
Sonic
Jigglypuff
R.O.B.
Ice Climbers
Link
Fox
Wolf
Falco
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

Low Tier:
Yoshi
Olimar
Mr. Game and Watch
Snake
King Dedede

I didn't take much time to think about the middle but it's a list.. Deal with it....

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Wow looks like you put effort in it. Lucas, although he is my main, isn't a great character. At all. Just fun to play as and has some nice combos, but none of his moves are exceptional aside from his uair. I'm laying my money on the space animals and Pit to climb the ranks in the tier list. Sheik has suffered a fatal blow. Marth shouldn't change, maybe he'll go down a bit as his recovery is worse.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
You should not need a tier list to decide who to main. Just try them all and pick your favorite. You don't NEED a guide to help you unless you're a moron.

Toon link for top tier...

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I havn't had the chance to play online but my friends unlocked everything besides all the trophies and stickers... I was at the Gamestop tourney and my friend made it to the finals with Mario.. This kid used Lucas and owned.. Anyways... HERE IS MY LIST!!!

Top Tier:
Lucas (Why are you so godly???)
Pit
Toon Link
Meta Knight
Marth

Mid Tier:
ZSS
Wario
Mario
Shiek
Zelda
Peach
Kirby
Samus
Ness
Pikachu
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Bowser
Sonic
Jigglypuff
R.O.B.
Ice Climbers
Link
Fox
Wolf
Falco
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

Low Tier:
Yoshi
Olimar
Mr. Game and Watch
Snake
King Dedede

I didn't take much time to think about the middle but it's a list.. Deal with it....
hmm, snake, olimar, game and watch, and king dedede at the very bottom...
Samus, Zamus, sheik, wario, and pit near the top?
Its obvious you havent played many people, so Im not gonna argue this list.

dan smith

Smash Champion

HEY DOODS, RATE MY TIER LIST.

Top Tier:
Toon Link
Diddy Kong
R.O.B
Olimar

High Tier:
Metaknight
Zamus
Wolf
Marth
Ike
Fox
Falco
Dedede
Pit
Samus
Captain Falcon
Sheik
Lucario
Pikachu
Game and Watch
Lucas

Low:
Pokemon Trainer
Kirby
Sonic
Mario
Wario
Snake
Zelda
Jigglypuff
Peach
Ice Climbers
Ness
Luigi
Donkey Kong

Bottom Tier:
Gannondorf
Link
Koopa
Yoshi

Most important facts, Toon Link and Diddy Kong rule.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
The first official tier list will appear the 31st March. But it will be an April Fool's joke. (Imagine Toon Link and DDD on the bottom, but G&W and Landmaster at the top)

The real one will appear a few days later.

Ps: It has happened previously, it happened with Melee.

Pps: Sugata has obviously not seen the last Smash Kingdom video.

Ppps: TIRES DON EXITS and TIERS R4 QUEERS

Sugata Designs

Smash Cadet
The first official tier list will appear the 31st March. But it will be an April Fool's joke. (Imagine Toon Link and DDD on the bottom, but G&W and Landmaster at the top)

The real one will appear a few days later.

Ps: It has happened previously, it happened with Melee.

Pps: Sugata has obviously not seen the last Smash Kingdom video.

Ppps: TIRES DON EXITS and TIERS R4 QUEERS
Ah. Mah bad. Couldn't tell he was joking. :p

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
in all fairness, link isn't bottom tier. sure, he's not high, but he's not so useless that he's bottom. I mained link in the past two games, and despite various losses and/or gains, i'll probably main him in Brawl.

I'm not a big fan or follower of the tier lists, I like to see who people think are bottom or top, but it also makes it all the sweeter when I kick a fox player's behind using Link, without any ATs.

personally, I believe the tiers are down to how fast the characters are. if you take the melee tier list, the majority of the top tier characters were fast, while alot of the bottom tier characters, especially Bowser, are incredebly slow.

besides, Link isn't a focused character. he seems like an allrounder, with slow or heavy tendancies. then again, I haven't played his brawl version so I'm not sure

and besides, this'll only be the first list. we'll have months, if not years of play before the final one comes up, and Super Doodle man does another machinima about it :)

Griffard

Smash Ace
i'm excited for the tier list to arrive, BUT i will still play whoever i want to play as. first char i played as was lucas, and now he's my main. what i think will happen is:
top will include lucas, olimar, snake, fox, and maybe meta or marth?
middle will be relatively expected, but ike and ddd will be high up.
bottom will be gdorf, bowser, yoshi, some others

Peaches

Smash Lord
Why do people think a tier list can actually be made half accurate in a weeks time? Give it at least a month before any really solid evidence shows up.

Z-Magic

Smash Rookie
i'm excited for the tier list to arrive, BUT i will still play whoever i want to play as. first char i played as was lucas, and now he's my main. what i think will happen is:
top will include lucas, olimar, snake, fox, and maybe meta or marth?
middle will be relatively expected, but ike and ddd will be high up.
bottom will be gdorf, bowser, yoshi, some others

i dont think gdorf will be bottom tier or bowser because 1 since they are power characters they are harder to kill and some moves have super armour frames. 2 bowser seems faster and easyer to use than melee and once again hes harder to KO than he once was.3.Gdorf was middle tier in melee and hes been buffed a little. I think bowser and Gdorf will be either middle or low but not bottom but Yoshi might still be bottom because he hasn't improved much

P.S. Tiers R4 Queers

Happy smashing! :)

terrrrrible

Smash Rookie
NNID
terrrrrible
Possibly an "official rough draft" tier list might show up after this WifiWars tournament next weekend? I'm just interested in seeing it, tier lists never affect my character selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom