• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl State Power Rankings

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
An awful experiment.

The four following states each have a publicly listed Power Rankings. Scroll down or click the links below for the State you so desire. I'll date their last releases and also likely change topic titles when/if a new PR is released from a state.

I thought this one through a bit better and if I don't get a good reply I'll fix up the melee PR one to be like this.

State (Last Update)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sydney Smash Presents!
Power Rankings version 5.00000001337; May - August 2010

Previous PR Players
FTS (Donkey Kong) [v1]
Bjay [v2]
D0N [v2.1]
ILAG [v3.0]
S.D [4.0 ; ranked 9th]
Silfa [5.0 ; ranked 10th]

Panelists
Shaya
tedeth
Zero
Luke Atyeo

Mission Statement
Via the power rankings, we envision to instill a furthered sense of competition and to inspire the members of our community to reach and maintain the highest skill level possible, for the betterment of our scene.
Placements are decided by the New South Wales region's resident players over all ability in the 'highest level' available in the tournament scene. Through placement and their abilities to best over other skilled players over a period of time.
Our goal is to take away engimatic tendancies in players to disolve a list of the best currently active players in the scene. We consider all tournaments in the region and those tournaments our regions players have participated elsewhere.

Word of warning
No Trolling.
However, any one player (or representative...) is more than welcome in arguing why they should be above another, or if someone else should be in the top 10. Please argue properly, not just "WHY ARENT I IN ITZ".
Whilst we have listed reasons/evidence for individual placements, those will not be made public. However we may provide instances of our evidence of 'why' if a person argues their point properly.

OLD:
2 ; 2.1
3.0 ; 3.1
4.0 5

Splice

Smash Hero
VICTORIAN BRAWL POWER RANKINGS

Welcome to the ranking of Australia's largest Smash Community!

NEW! - Updated - On the 3rd of September (Brawl)

PANELISTS : Dean - Jei - Splice

The panelists have assembled an up-to-date ranking system, where players can refer to and get a general idea of the regions top Smashers. This aims to stimulate the community to improve the overall skill level, as well as encourage tournament attendance for those who feel overlooked. If you have any queries concerning the rankings, feel free to PM any one of us. It's solely up to the community to determine whether or not the list is accurate enough to be considered 'official.' Updates will likely be conducted immediately after major or regional tournaments.

POSITION CRITERIA
Tournament performance - It's not only about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles performances with more weight behind the more recent results.
Consistency of Results - If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.
Calibre of competition - Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either local or out of state regions) will be given greater weight. If key players are missing from an event, this is taken into consideration.
Players must be a current resident of Victoria.

VICTORIAN BRAWL POWER RANKINGS
Version 13 as of September 3rd 2014

Alternative-Historical-Text-Version
(changes from v12 are noted)

1. Attila 0 (Snake)
Holding the longest period of dominance in Australian Brawl, Attila's finish at #1 on this PR shows that he maintained his ability all the way to the end. Perhaps the most played matchup in Victoria's history is Attila against his brother Tibs, usually in Grand Finals. Attila has taken losses to interstate opponents but across his career has been able to overcome all of them until Tinman's arrival on the Australian scene in 2013. Still, for his long reign prior to that during the peak of Brawl's popularity in Aus, he will likely be remembered as the frontman for Australian SSBB.
Notable placings: 49th at Apex 2013, 1st at BAM 2011, 1st at Miles Warehouse 2014

2. Tibs 0 (Diddy Kong)
Before Attila rose to prominence, Tibs was the first player to climb ahead of the rest, edging past Jei and Cobalt to present himself as the best in VIC, winning several consecutive tournaments in 2009 and 2010. Tibs usually teamed with his brother Attila creating The Golden Pair, a Brawl Doubles team even more dominant in Australia than the individual players themselves.
Notable placing: 1st at BAM 2013, several 1st places at monthlies across 2009-2011

3. Dean +4 (King DeDeDe)
Arriving on the scene towards the end of 2009, Dean has always been a solid player since then. Switching between Marth and Ganondorf before finding a main in King DeDeDe, he finally managed to secure himself some solid results in 2014, defeating Splice and Tibs at monthlies and taking a set of Tibs at Shadowloo Showdown 2014. His sets with Jei are certainly a feature of Victorian Brawl and make for some of the closest and slowest games ever to be seen.
Notable placings: 4th at Shadowloo Showdown 2014, 2nd at Check Yourself before you Dreadtech yourself 2014

4. Splice +1 (Game and Watch, Olimar, Metaknight)
Maintaining the position of 4th in VIC on 90% of the PR's ever made, it seems destiny to finish on it.
Arriving in 2009 as a dedicated Game and Watch main, Splice rose in skill very quickly and in only 6 months was able to take a tournament victory over Jei in the Grand Finals, also defeating one of NSW's best in Swordsaint on his way there.
2011 saw Splice take several monthly wins as he competed against Earl while Tibs and Attila took a brief hiatus, but did not see success at a major tournament until BAM 2011 where he defeated Tedeth, one of the best NSW players, for the first time. Splice played on and off since then but a switch to Olimar saw him keep up with the big names in 2013.
Notable placings: 5th at BAM 2011, 3rd at BAM 2013 , 1st at Stigma-B August 09

5. Jei
+3 (Pit)
One of the first Grandmaster's of Victorian SSBB, Jei is often referred to as the "Smash Daddy".
Nurturing the scene with the never to be forgotten Stigma-B series, Jei has often shouldered the weight of the whole scene for the benefit of the Brawl community. In 2009 he was easily one of the strongest players in Australia but as time became less of a commodity he fell behind other players. Never one to throw in the towel, Jei has maintained a steady stream of placings all the way from 2009-2014, and won the M2K award at 2014's Shadowloo Showdown for his excessive planking.
Notable placings: 4th at Miles Warehouse 2014, several 1st places in 2009

6. Nixernator
OLD (Zero Suit Samus)
Nix was a familiar face in 2009 who slowly dropped out of the scene, disappearing entirely by 2011. Originally a Sonic main who switched to ZSS, his placings were just good enough to earn him a few showings on early Victorian Power Rankings. Despite this, he is likely one of the most underrated players in the scene. After not playing the game for around 4 years, he arrived to a few tournaments in 2014 with his ZSS and defeated Jei at Shadowloo Showdown 2014, placing 5th overall. Although he attended two tournaments this year, he has managed to demonstrate his ability by winning several head to heads with Jei, and reminding us that there have been a multitude of strong players in this scene, that never managed to truly stake a claim as one of the states power players.
Notable placings: 5th at Shadowloo Showdown 2014

Notes:
OLD = Has previously been on the PR, but was not on the last one.

Honorable Mentions to players who showed dominance at some point of Brawl's history in VIC
Steve - Samus player who came out of nowhere and placed 2nd at two majors at the end of Brawl's lifespan in Aus. Had he entered recent tournaments he surely would have achieved a high spot on the PR, but it seems the diminishing scene has not held his interest for the latter half of 2014.
Tomiie - One of Steve's brothers who also achieved some high placings and notable victories in 2013.
Danza - Steve's other smash playing brother. Together these 3 brought some interest and talent to the scene towards the end of it's lifespan in 2013/2014.
Sebby - A Metaknight who showed promise at 2011 BAM, his first tourney. Rose to prominence over 2012 to 2013.
Ledge - Another Metaknight player who has been in the scene since 2009, but began to pick up his game hugely after 2010's visit from M2K and achieve some more prestigious victories and placings.
Afropony - One of the better players as Brawl expanded in size from 2009-2010. Notable skill with Pit especially in his unnecessarily advanced arrow tricks. Eventually switched to Metaknight and demonstrated a strong OoS game, taking several wins at VIC regionals in 2011 before he left the scene.
Earl - Arguably the greatest player in Australia let alone Victoria towards the end of his career. For most of his time playing he was vying with Attila and Tibs for 1st place, but shared 1st place at tournaments with Splice across 2011 while they were absent. He won BAM 2012 as his final tournament, retiring as the best Metaknight Australia has ever seen, and feared.
Cobalt - The first player to win consecutive tournaments in Brawl's history. He dominated the scene until Tibs, Attila and Jei began to take wins off him. He ended up departing from the scene in late 2009 due to circumstances.

Shoutouts to Viva, perhaps the best player not mentioned above. Best Mario in Australia.
Nicks, the other half of Team Awesome with Earl. Always looked like a sharp player but never broke through consistantly.
Leisha, a skilled ROB player who didn't often place super high but frequently took crazy victories over some of Victoria and NSW's best players.
Toshiba, seeming to always prefer Melee and not devote too much time Brawl, but a player that no-one could ever sleep on with a diverse character pool. Biggest wildcard player of VIC's history, going from 9th to winning tournaments then back to 9th at the drop of a hat.

PR Version 12 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVOFMOGqE24 (highlight video)
PR Version 11 = http://i.imgur.com/IyUuYyf.jpg
PR Version 10 = http://i.imgur.com/PULA3.jpg
PR Version 9 = http://i.imgur.com/ZmCTD.jpg
PR version 8 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi3u...DvjVQa1PpcFPBMuYCtvIxM3oyKS9054PGtt5OqLn94IA=
PR version 7 = http://i.imgur.com/W53N7.jpg
PR version 6 = http://i.imgur.com/4nZzz.png
PR version 5 = http://i.imgur.com/W7Rzi.jpg

Last edited:

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Queensland @ Jesmo

Queensland Power Rankings

Panelists:
Archaze​
Kaion/Raven​
Jesmo​
BC​

Mission Statement:

Using a set of defined criteria, the goal of the Queensland Power Rankings is to regularly maintain an ordered list of the state’s top 10 players of the game Super Smash Bros. Brawl. To be utilized by the opinions of several, informed panelists, the criteria, will be designed to ensure an objective and fair measurement of each player’s perceived skill to properly order them within each power ranking list.

Purpose:

The purpose of the Queensland PR project for the Smash series is to encourage the competitive development of the game and to nurture the desire of lesser players to compete for placement on and within the power rankings. The power rankings will drive all players to consistently attend tournaments and will also serve as a tool for tournament organizers to accurately seed state level smash events.

Criteria:

Recent Tournament Placements:
- Must have competed in a tournament within 3 months of the updated list.​
- The more recent the tournament, the more weight it holds in determining placement on the ranking.​
- More recent wins or losses hold more weight.​
- More tournament results equates to more consistency in placement.​
- Tournament Placement only accounts for standard singles events. Doubles/Low Tier events do not count towards the rankings​
- Self imposed handicaps should not to be taken into consideration in this or any other criteria. (This includes using low tier characters in a standard singles event)​

Win/Loss History:
- Placement on the PR is influenced by who you have beaten in tournaments​
- Conversely; it is also affected by whom you have lost to.​
- The significance of these wins and losses is determined by the perceived skill level of the opponent (be they power ranked or not).​
- Money Matches/Out of State tournament performance is counted.​
- Friendlies are not an acceptable means of perceiving the skill level of a player and do not count towards PR considerations. Taking friendlies into account is in direct opposition of the goals and purpose of the PR.​

Exceptions/Panelist Discretion:
- In the event of forfeiting from a tournament, it will be up to the panel to use their discretion in using the limited results supplied. Panelists will take into consideration the circumstances surrounding the forfeit.​
- All considerations by the panel should not be heavily dictated by the criteria, the criteria instead serving to guide the panel to the most accurate outcome.​

The PR list:

S Tier:
1'st - Apples - :warioc: No change
2'nd - Jesmo - :metaknight: +1
3'rd - Archaze (Matt) - :metaknight: :luigi2: :dedede: -1

A Tier:
4'th - BC - :lucario: +4
5'th - Kaion - :metaknight::popo: New!
6'th - Gords - :toonlink: New!
7'th - Blade - :kirby2: -1

B Tier:
8'th - Aerodrome - :sheilda::wolf: -1
9'th - Smoking Puppy - :metaknight: :marth: +1
10'th - Zydro - :metaknight: :ike: New!

Honorable mention/Removed due to inactivity
Tiahn, Arrow, Jaice, Tokitopia

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
SA Brawl Power Rankings v7.1 (10/13)
1. Ghostbone :metaknight:+0
2. Alexander :metaknight:+0
3. Btmans :toonlink: +0
4. Grim Tuesday :jigglypuff:+0
5. Jamage :rob::metaknight:+0
6. Nikes :yoshi2:+2
7. Mozza :wolf::falco: +0
8. SethT :olimar: -1
Panelists:
Batmans, Allens, Ghostbone, Jamage and Grim Tuesday​

Position Criteria:

• Tournament performance: - It's not only about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated, who they lost to and the character selections they rely on. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles performances over history and of recent times.
  • Consistency of Results: - If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.
  • Calibre of competition: - Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either local or out of state regions) will be given greater weight.
  • Residency: Players must be a current resident of South Australia.

Due to the constantly changing skill level of the scene, members can contest their placing in between tournaments using the ranked sets system.

-Ranked sets are designed to clear ambiguity in skill levels where tournament placings do not suffice. Thus matches in ranked sets hold weight for your placing on the PR.
-Sets with best of 5 is recommended, but is not mandatory. The higher the number, the more impact your set will have on the PR. The length and number of sets must be explicit between the parties before the first match for it to be valid.
-The implied ruleset is the current one used at StreetGeek. This can be altered if both parties and the panel agree.
-Players may decline challenges of ranked sets for any reason. However, if panelists request a ranked set and there is continued avoidance of said ranked set then it may adversely affect the placing of the avoiding player.
-Beating someone in a ranked set does not necessarily mean you will switch places with them.
-If a recording setup or ability to save replays are available it is recommend that they are used.
-There is no limit to the amount of ranked sets you may request. As with the number of games, a higher number of sets played will increase the amount of impact your wins have.

Previous Lists:

SA Brawl Power Rankings v1.01 (10/10)
1. Apollo
2. Gaganova
3. Jamage
4. Desert Eagle
5. Aces
6. Grim Tuesday
7. Hybrid
8. Blue Bomber
9. Shadowman
10. Rasberry

SA Brawl Power Rankings v2.0 (2/11)
1. Apollo
2. Nova
3. Wh1te5had0w
4. Ant
5. Aces
6. Ghostbone
7. Jamage
8. Eagle
9. Grim Tuesday
10. Hybrid

SA Brawl Power Rankings v3.0 (4/11)
1. Apollo
2. Wh1te5had0w
3. Ghostbone
4. DoMo
5. Grim Tuesday
6. Aces
7. Eagle
8. Ant
9. Jamage
10. Lespar

SA Brawl Power Rankings v4.0 (8/11)
1. Apollo
2. Ghostbone
3. DoMo
4. Grim Tuesday
5. Ant
6. Aces
7. Oli
8. Jamage
9. Allens
10. Gears

SA Brawl Power Rankings v5.0 (12/11)
1. Allens
2. Ghostbone
3. Aces
4. Grim Tuesday
5. Oli
6. Btmans
7. Mozza
8. Jamage
9. Ant
10. Hamoushe

SA Brawl Power Rankings v6.0 (7/12)
1. Apollo
2. Allens
3. Btmans
4. Ghostbone
5. Jamage
6. Grim Tuesday
7. Ant
8. Nikes
9. Hamoushe
10. Shakyy

SA Brawl Power Rankings v7.0 (7/12)
1. Ghostbone
2. Allens
3. Btmans
4. Grim Tuesday
5. Jamage
6. SethT
7. Mozza
8. Nikes

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Alright, well, I figured the go around for the melee topic, but I ended up doing this one in a separate way.
Splice, Grim Tuesday and Jesmo need to make a single/simple post in this thread and then I'll convert the ownership of the respect state's posts to their proper ones.
If someone else is going to take over for them, just give me a shout.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
QLD was updated in late 2012 (Thought I should say that due to you putting the "(? 2011)" )

I know Victoria was updated after BAM in 2012.

I'm pretty sure SA was updated at the end of 2012.

Splice

Smash Hero
The Victorian Thread was last updated in 2012, not 2011.
I will resume ownership, thankyou and good work with this Shaya!

Splice

Smash Hero
*BUMP*

Victoria's PR Image and the PR itself were updated.
The theme was chosen by me (Music Producers), props if you can figure why I chose certain producers for certain players.
If you can figure it out, it actually makes the image pretty good, just because you'll be all like "man I'm so smart" afterwards.

I'll give you the answer for one of them; Gary looks like Skrillex.

Splice

Smash Hero
I didn't drop Shaya, rather, I truly realised that in my heart I have always been 10th.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Tournament performance - It's not only about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated, who they lost to and the character selections they rely on. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles performances over history and of recent times.
So the criteria for Victoria's rankings have been up since forever but I think this point should be altered.
I, and to the best of my knowledge the other panelists as well, don't take character selections into account when deciding a ranking.
By this I mean that a Meta Knight player is not ranked lower than a Lucas player of similar skill, for example, just based on the character choices.

Splice

Smash Hero
The criteria is ancient. I was thinking about giving it a once over when I posted the new PR.

idk though. I respect that Toshi can use multiple high tiers, but at the same time it's because of that that he is able to overcome other players, so we don't really discuss what characters or how many characters people used. I guess it is redundant criteria. I'll edit the criteria now... Ok, Done.

BTW GUYS I PUT DAMON ALBARN AS TIBS COZ HE IS THE PRODUCER FOR THE GORILLAZ; GORILLAZ > GORILLA > MONKEY > DIDDY KONG
I am genius, no?

Splice

Smash Hero
@ Attila:
Since you asked (not really but close enough) I'll take this opportunity to share some well known but good music with all of you
And get it out of the way and off my chest

Dr. Dre - Coz you're the best (a lot of people regard Dr. Dre as generally the best producer)
Skrillex = looks like Gary
Damon Albarn = Tibs coz Gorillaz = Diddy Kong
Koji Kondo = Seb because racism
a Mixing Desk = Toshiba because Toshiba is the hardware
Celldweller = D34N because they both look sad but they both know they are fabulous
Renard = Jamwa because he is a furry
9-Volt = Viva because I searched MARIO DJ and that's what came up
Trent Reznor = Jei because Trent is the father of electronic synth-based music
Deadmau5 = Splice because I have a deadmau5 head that I made myself and I wub him

I'm 10th because I have not placed higher than any of the other 9 players once this whole year. Did not place higher than any of them ever. And I didn't even attend the last 3 tournaments last year. I've also never beaten anyone above me on this PR this whole year. There is no information to suggest I should be higher than 10th apart from the fact that I feel I do pretty good vs Attila in friendlies, however that is not even counted as criteria for the PR.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Ledge now at 2? This interests me greatly.

I didn't have a say in the last QLD PR (which was updated very roughly in December last year). It's very messy and in my opinion, very incorrect.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh you belong on it BC. The top 3-4 I wouldn't change. But that back end of the PR is so messy. I think Jesmo and I agreed to take on the next PR update together, so we'll fix the issues then.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@ Attila:
Since you asked (not really but close enough) I'll take this opportunity to share some well known but good music with all of you
And get it out of the way and off my chest

Dr. Dre - Coz you're the best (a lot of people regard Dr. Dre as generally the best producer)
Skrillex = looks like Gary
Damon Albarn = Tibs coz Gorillaz = Diddy Kong
Koji Kondo = Seb because racism
a Mixing Desk = Toshiba because Toshiba is the hardware
Celldweller = D34N because they both look sad but they both know they are fabulous
Renard = Jamwa because he is a furry
9-Volt = Viva because I searched MARIO DJ and that's what came up
Trent Reznor = Jei because Trent is the father of electronic synth-based music
Deadmau5 = Splice because I have a deadmau5 head that I made myself and I wub him

I'm 10th because I have not placed higher than any of the other 9 players once this whole year. Did not place higher than any of them ever. And I didn't even attend the last 3 tournaments last year. I've also never beaten anyone above me on this PR this whole year. There is no information to suggest I should be higher than 10th apart from the fact that I feel I do pretty good vs Attila in friendlies, however that is not even counted as criteria for the PR.
I get the feeling you'll go up now. :o

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Well said Jamwa, Jamwa should be a panelist. It is a national disgrace that he is not already. A vote for Jamwa is a vote for all of us.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Just updated the QLD PR.

Well done to everyone that moved up, most notably BC. Keep up the good work!

Congratulations also to Apollo/Apples who continues to hold the No.1 spot. :)

zydron 342

Smash Apprentice
The far away land of None of Your Business
HYESSS!!! I finally made it on, I don't care that it's B tier 10th I couldn't be much happier right now. I remember going to my very first tourny and placing dead last, I then heard someone speak of this PR list, I was interested in what it was, when I found out I knew immediately I wanted to get better at brawl; Because it does feel good to be recognised as a good player, no matter what state you're Power Ranked.

Top Bottom