• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Singles : Show Me The Poutine 1 (SMTP1) (MK BANNED)

MorKs

Smash Apprentice

WE HAVE A LIMIT FOR ATTENDEES!!
ONLY 32 CAN ENTER THE TOURNAMENT, BOTH SINGLES AND DOUBLES
(DOUBLES MEANS 16 TEAMS MAX)​

PRICE?! : 5$ Venue Fee, 5$ Brawl Singles
The prices will be 60/30/10 + special gifts from the venue to 1st and 2nd! (anime stuffs)

WHEN?! : September 22nd from 6pm to 11pm (short time, but for a first tourney, it's ok)

WHERE?! : O-Taku Manga Lounge (http://www.otakulounge.com/)
3623 St Denis, Montréal, QC H2X 3L6

HOW TO GET THERE?!?! :
- By car : Get a gps or somethin' ! There is no specific parking near, but you can park on the street. It costs something like 2$ for an hour, but it becomes free at 6pm.
- By subway : From any subway station, you have to get to "Sherbrooke" station and you can walk directly to O-Taku Manga lounge (2 minutes walk)

THE RULES!!! :

- Unity Ruleset 2.1 (MK BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032&
- APEX STAGELIST :
Neutrals = Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville
Counterpicks = Pokemon Stadium 1, Frigate Orpheon, Delphino Plaza, Halberd, Castle Siege
- Double Elimination Bracket (seeded)
(no pools for now since it's for a short duration, maybe on the next one if it begins earlier.)

NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS, THIS IS A PUBLIC SHOP!

MUNCHIES?!?!?! :
- O-Taku Manga Lounge sells a lot of different food and drink you can buy and eat while you keep focus on the tourney ( a good way to thank them to share their venue! =D )
They also sell mangas and other anime goodies if you want to bring something fun home.
- There is a "Lafleur" just in front of the venue (Quebec fast food classic) and some other restaurants around 5 minutes of walk,
but we recommend you eat before attending the tournament so we don't keep the bracket longer than we should.

WE STILL NEED 2 WIIs+BRAWL, SO I'M ASKING QUEBEC'S PLAYERS TO HELP ME WITH THIS :

TVs : 4 (MorKs=2, Pappy=1, Venue=1)
WIIs + Brawl : 2 (MorKs+Pappy)

See you at the tourney!

ATTENDANCE :

MorKs (confirmed)
Tarextherex (confirmed)
Ally (confirmed)
HolyNightmare (confirmed)
Techiyo (confirmed)
Horo (confirmed)
Pappy (confirmed)
wAK47 (confirmed)
Desu~ (sgt noob) (confirmed)
Crash (confirmed)
SuperGirlKels (confirmed)
CrazyLittleJay (confirmed)
Hakai (confirmed)
DragonMatt (confirmed)
Carlil (confirmed)
Kaz (confirmed)
Zaffran (confirmed)
Multy (confirmed)
RazBerzerk (confirmed)
Sheehan (confirmed)
BBQ (Ortiz34) (confirmed)
Lupo (confirmed)
Kaos (confirmed)
BBQ (Ortiz34) (confirmed)
Shinzou Matt (mattow007) (unconfirmed)
Timmy (yoshi8984) (unconfirmed)
Guard (unconfirmed)
DarkShadow (unconfirmed)

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
Je vais y aller si ya bcp de monde qui y vont. Et ouais si t'es pour le convaincre que ça soit un legit tourney series en en fesant a chaque mois et en laissant le monde d'ontario venir et tout, faudrait qu'on puisse commencer a jouer a partir de midi. Mon cul qu'ils perdent de la clientele, deja qu'ils nous forcent assez a buy leur ****s. Ouais prize money aussi, et mk banned c ********, ya aucun ****ing mk ici sauf holy qui bats tlm avec rob de toute façon, et en plus ça fait qu'on a 2 stages de merde légaux.

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Could be fun. I'll try to attend, though for only 5 hours? I don't know.
It's very possible to do it with 4 setups.

Also, we limit the people to 24 attendees for the first tourney

and also, THE OTHER TOURNEYS WILL START MUCH SOONER :)

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Je vais y aller si ya bcp de monde qui y vont. Et ouais si t'es pour le convaincre que ça soit un legit tourney series en en fesant a chaque mois et en laissant le monde d'ontario venir et tout, faudrait qu'on puisse commencer a jouer a partir de midi. Mon cul qu'ils perdent de la clientele, deja qu'ils nous forcent assez a buy leur ****s. Ouais prize money aussi, et mk banned c ********, ya aucun ****ing mk ici sauf holy qui bats tlm avec rob de toute façon, et en plus ça fait qu'on a 2 stages de merde légaux.

Pour le MK Banned, c pas moi ki a choisi ça, c'est le propriétaire. Pour cet event, MK sera banned, mais il pourrait être unbanned pour les autres fois.

La prochaine fois aussi, le proprio m'a dit qu'on pourrait commencer beaucoup plus tôt, alors je vais lui demander si on peut commencer vers midi ou 13h (on aurait le temps pour singles et doubles rendu la)

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
What would stages (both Neutrals and CPs) be again? I forgot XP

And this isn't a confirmation, my brother said no so that means my sister would have to go with me if I want to go >__>
(Unless my dad allows me to be out alone before my birthday which is January 29 :p)

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
What would stages (both Neutrals and CPs) be again? I forgot XP
The neutrals are :

BattleField
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
SmashVille

The counterpicks are :

Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Halberd
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I'll try coming to this. BTW, MK is an overpowered mother f***er. There is a reason why this character got banned in the first place. For anyone who knows the original Street Fighter 4, it's like having Seth as a playable character. MK is just like a boss character and perhaps even worst.... because MK is the ONLY character who can make a Brawl match literally unplayable thanks to planking (and we all know that ledge grab limits for any good MK main never stopped them from planking).

The ONLY reason for having MK legal in any tournies here is if the host so happens to love MK and thinks he has a much better chance of winning with MK. So please morks, of all people, do NOT ever legalize a broken character like MK.

I'm glad he's banned for this tourny and I hope Montreal will never unban him. MK IS banned but it is the hosts final decision.

I didn`t mean to rant like this, sorry about that. lol I also appreciate you hosting something Morks. SO THANK YOU!!!

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
So yeah guys i'll be here.

Now, about dat poutine. I was proposing that place called "La Banquise". It's on 994 Rue Rachel Est. It's just a couple of minutes from manga lounge. If i were to guess, i'd say approximately 10-15 minutes from there.

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
I didn`t mean to rant like this, sorry about that. lol I also appreciate you hosting something Morks. SO THANK YOU!!!
I'm glad you appreciate :), but if you want my opinion, Meta Knight should stay banned....so should Ice Climbers.

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
So yeah guys i'll be here.

Now, about dat poutine. I was proposing that place called "La Banquise". It's on 994 Rue Rachel Est. It's just a couple of minutes from manga lounge. If i were to guess, i'd say approximately 10-15 minutes from there.
Thanks for the information Desu~, I count your in :)

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Well, when a game is based on "trying to avoid one move to avoid getting 0-death" is pretty broken in my opinion

swordgard

Smash Hero
Well, when a game is based on "trying to avoid one move to avoid getting 0-death" is pretty broken in my opinion
Agreed, we should definitely ban sheiks ftilt, its pretty overcentralizing vs ganondorf IMO.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Si Mk ye legal je le rejoue.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
****, the 1 weekend i cant make it

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
next month ontario should carpool and i can get some ****ing poutine

god

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
@Pidgezero_one and 1pokemastr : It would be really nice if you could come guys :) but if you can't make it, let's see you in October. Maybe for the next event, we'll do Doubles + "Poutine discovery event" just before :)

@Multyman : Yep, MK Banned and I think it will stay like this for a while at least. Where you from? Never saw you before.

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
@MorKs from Châteauguay, im a wifi player who's been trying to start offline for some time
Oh cool, yeah I think I saw you on AIB once. Well it would be nice to see you there. Main Lucario? There is not a lot of lucarios here so it's cool :)

Top Bottom