• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl revival

Gearkeeper-8a

Smash Apprentice
nah i dont think so, the brawl comunity is the smash 4 comunity, and like brawl when the next smash comes, smash 4 will die unless the comunity madures.

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
Their kind of already is there is a ranked thing on Anthers ladder, and there was a Brawl major not too long ago. So it is already happening, but not on a large scale, like Melee did at Evo 2014 or something like that. And about that question, no there will not be a huge come back to the Brawl scene. Some games are meant for competitive events and some are just left off as a casual experience.

Last edited:

Luigisama

Smash Champion
We've been back my friend. GOML 2017, Xanadu, Smashdelphia, SSC 2017. Now just recently this month Return to subspace with 48 entrants I believe and now GOML 2018 is coming up along with SSC 2018. Then lastly there is going to be a big tournament in Georgia. There are also locals in Atlanta, GA.

Last edited:

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Wait where are locals in Atlanta? Also what is this big Georgia Tournament?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Wait where are locals in Atlanta? Also what is this big Georgia Tournament?
The locals are I believe at Raven's nest. Check on smashgg there is a page for local. It's called Smashhut. I haven't gone to one, but I plan to someday and the big Georgia tournament is going to be hosted by Ironwolf and Justinian.

https://discord.gg/Aez6yCD

There is also a brawl discord with active wimmfi players and a few netplayers. There are also pros in there to like Seagull Joe, Salem, V115, Reflex, Player 1, Otori, Mikeray, and some top EU players.

I also know that Socal has been doing some locals for brawl through Dream catcher, but I haven't seen anything else happen. There is also a tournament in Tennessee and Norway has some brawl tournaments. Ask Gardex for more info on that.

Last edited:

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the Brawl scene will be revived. I do think, however, that there is still a tiny bit of room for Brawl at some larger tournaments. Most tournaments these days are either Melee or Sm4sh or both but Project M still has a little life in it and Smash 64 is still around so there's definitely hope for a small return. But If you are wishing for a revival I wouldn't count on it. Not when the Brawl player base has moved on to sm4sh with a small portion also moving back to Melee.

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
We've been back my friend. GOML 2017, Xanadu, Smashdelphia, SSC 2017. Now just recently this month Return to subspace with 48 entrants I believe and now GOML 2018 is coming up along with SSC 2018. Then lastly there is going to be a big tournament in Georgia. There are also locals in Atlanta, GA.
Thank you for helping my point with this post.

JaxPinch

Smash Rookie
nah i dont think so, the brawl comunity is the smash 4 comunity, and like brawl when the next smash comes, smash 4 will die unless the comunity madures.
I think it might in the next two years because the Smash Bros Brawl documentary will be coming out in the next two years by False. This will probably bring back nostalgic memories and make people excited to play again. Also, Brawl was such an interesting game with very different mechanics compared to the difference between Smash Ultimate and Smash 4. This means that Smash 4 will die out and others might look at brawl again for something interesting and different.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I think it might in the next two years because the Smash Bros Brawl documentary will be coming out in the next two years by False. This will probably bring back nostalgic memories and make people excited to play again. Also, Brawl was such an interesting game with very different mechanics compared to the difference between Smash Ultimate and Smash 4. This means that Smash 4 will die out and others might look at brawl again for something interesting and different.
Uh no. The doc that false is making is clearly a doc on where the current top s4/ult players came from. It's evidently obvious from the footage.

Top Bottom