• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl playtest (massive spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Director

Smash Lord
Ness is back?? So is G&W??

Ugh...the Cellda rumor strikes again...and no Mega Man? I simply just don't believe this. It's bull in my book.

Take this with a grain of salt, people...

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I guess I will post before the flames rain down on this topic.

There is about a 1% chance this is true. Brawl very well could be in the beta test/QA stages right now, for "last minute" bug fixes and everything. A tester could easily release info at the risk of being fired.

At the same time, testers who do leak info lose credibility and it makes it very difficult for them to get other testing jobs with that on their record, I doubt someone testing Brawl (which is probably some of the "better" testers, who are best known for not leaking info or anything) would do such a thing.

I dunno. I don't see Ness getting in, I think Mega Man has a better shot. I also don't see WW Link in... but meh.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Now, I can't prove this with pics or something, and I can't refer to my contact as anything else than "contact". You simply have to choose to believe me, that's up to you.
Those words pretty much set you up for failure. Most people are going to believe someone with a shady source who cannot provide proof.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
What's tragic about referring to your "contact" in such an obscure is that we do not even know who you are. If someone with more reputation were to post something like this, I might believe them. You, on the other hand, are in not in a position to be passing rumors from some unnamed "contact" to the smash community.

Verdict: I choose not to believe you.

And no, predicting Sonic is not proof. Everyone predicted Sonic. Does that mean everything everyone says from now on is 100% true?

Soft3x

Smash Apprentice
YEEEES!!! MEGAMAN IS OUT!!! :D
But I hope there will be another 3rd part character...
Only 35 characters, buhuuu.... I hoped for 45. :/

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
You just don't get it. In this late phase of development, no characters are getting in or out. Mega Man was never in. Game & Watch and Ness are in.
I did at least say there was a chance your "contact" was a tester who leaked info, but then went to say how there was a slim chance of that and how I don't believe some of it right now.

And of course no characters can be added (although they could be removed). No characters or stages could be added after about June of this year.

Edit: and who didn't predict Sonic..?

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
NyaseNya, I believe you, because last time your source said Sonic would be revealed on that Wednesday in October and you was right. Some people are just in denial.

Nabassu

Smash Rookie
Many people were predicting Sonic, it is hardly proof that you also were right in that regard.

If this person absolutely knows there are only 35 characters, why not reveal the rest? If he is so sure Mega Man is not in, then surely he must know who is in if he knows the exact number of characters.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I predicted exactly which day Sonic would be announced. But if you have that attitude, fine. It's your loss.
So you predicted this? You're 'source' didn't tell you.

If you only predicted this then you got a lucky guess and lucked out.

Azariel

Smash Rookie
The second 3rd party characters were confirmed to be in brawl almost everyone knew sonic was in. Just because you can point out the obvious doesn't make you a credible source =/

TheBuzzSaw

Premium
BRoomer
I predicted exactly which day Sonic would be announced. But if you have that attitude, fine. It's your loss.
The point is this. Even if you are correct about everything you are claiming, I am not going to come crawling back saying, "Gee, I wish I would have believed NyaseNya." We have nothing to work with! How come no one can produce pictures? How come we are not allowed to know names? Why are we expected to believe you when you have no evidence to speak of? Why do these rumors from "contacts" always end up being huge acts of faith? Give us something to work with! Meanwhile, I'll just wait for the DOJO.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
Your attitude stinks, people. You don't WANT to believe me. =( My contact didn't remember all the characters, that's why I can't tell you the rest. But I also said my contact will have more hands on time with it, so more characters will be revealed. If you believe me that is.

Sir James

The Doctor
Did your contact mention Captain Falcon? I'll admit, your contact info is hard to believe but I'm still keeping an open mind. There are some contradictions to what other "contacts" reported, such as multiple third party characters.

And what of Luigi?

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
NyaseNya was a member before ANY of us knew about Smashboards so...........
I predict that i'm gonna be playable in Brawl. Look at the date i joined in, i must be right!

Gilgamesh for Brawl. (although that would actually be awesome.)

TheBuzzSaw

Premium
BRoomer
Your attitude stinks, people. You don't WANT to believe me. =( My contact didn't remember all the characters, that's why I can't tell you the rest. But I also said my contact will have more hands on time with it, so more characters will be revealed. If you believe me that is.
Our attitudes stink because several dozen stupid people laid the path in front of you (IcyDrifter being one of them). You are one of many "people with Nintendo contacts". Mysteriously, these contacts always "have a hard time remembering" or "didn't get a good look" or "only had a few minutes to play".

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Couldnt remember?!! he couldnt remember more than 4 characters?!!!

What type of moron cant remember more than 4 characters?

BS

TheBuzzSaw

Premium
BRoomer
I mean, my contact had a playtest. Do you think my contact can start sending screenshots just like that? No. I don't have any visible proof, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

However, because this is 100% confirmed, you'll see for yourselves in time. If you refuse to believe me.
But that's the whole point! Why don't you just keep your little secret to yourself? Why force the community into a series of guessing games? When IcyDrifter posted rumors, he started demanding apologies after Sonic was confirmed. These threads are not about informing the public. They are about drawing attention to yourself.

I'm not saying you are 100% wrong. I have no evidence to the contrary, but you have presented no evidence of any kind. The burden of proof is upon you. It is not our "responsibility" to prove you wrong or believe in you.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Is this the same contact you had for the Sonic stuff? If so, why wouldn't he remember key newcomers, if he meant to leak them?

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Everybody, believers and non believers I advise ya'll to save this topic in your favorites because when January/February arrives and this turns out true, you'll own NyaseNya an apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom