• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl player trying to switch to Melee, Falcon makes me giggle.

thedude91

Smash Rookie
mm...
play around with diff. chars, see who you like best. then learn advanced techs. falcon's a weird character to play with (even though he's my fav).

Nakamaru

Smash Master
After you learn the basic L-cancel and movement stuff with falcon. (advanced how to play videos are amazing. Def watch them if you haven't already) Then after that try and learn different times for your shuffles.
-Delayed arial timings
-Instant arial timings
-non fastfalled arial timings
-and of course dashing asap after a shuffle.

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Learn how to play against all the different characters

E.g. downthrow techchase => stomp on spacies, or like upthrow nair nair uair or whatever on heavy characters

gotta learn those matchups

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
mm...
play around with diff. chars, see who you like best. then learn advanced techs. falcon's a weird character to play with (even though he's my fav).
Definitely get down l-cancelling first. Being able to move around well is 80% of captain's game so get down dash dancing and shffling too. When you get down movements, then all you do is work in techchasing and punishing. Finally, get down combos. Throw > stuff, nair > stuff, and the great Stomp > Knee.

also important is to really get down sweetspotting the ledge. Captain's recovery is complete garbage, so you have to work hard to not get punished.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

ComboFest

Smash Lord
Short hop -> Ariel -> Fastfall -> L Cancel -> Repeat

Moonwalk is also important and the most useful thing you can do with falcon........

DaAnimeKidTooch

Smash Cadet
start by getting the l-canceling down,once u get that start learning some of his basic combos then build off of that,once u get at an intermediate level with him,advance moves such as moonwalking will come to u,watch vids too,but iam sure u already know that

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Moonwalking is so useless compared to just comboing well and having good movement :lick:
I think learning to moonwalk made my Falcon worse for a while because I'd try to moonwalk in the middle of a combo when I could've just continued to chase with like ... knees. I've mostly gotten over that phase but still ~_~

Top Bottom