• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl/P:M] Fish Flop's OUTRAGE II Results

JTsm

Smash Master
Alright, so first off, I want to apologize to everyone who has waited patiently for singles like Future, Tutu, fZk, and many more. The only TO to blame for this is me. Do not give **** to any other TO, but me. I didn't save the TIO files (for whatever reason) and when TIO crashed, we had to restart P:M singles bracket a couple times, fill in ALL the pool sheets into TIO file and then had shorten the bracket to save time (and even then, we didn't start GF's). It was a very good start, but once we lost all that data, we were SO behind. So again, I apologize and I will take full responsibility for any problems that had come up from this. I feel really bad having people that traveled very far to just get ****ed over by me. I will definitely learn from this and for now, I think I'm going to not TO for a while. I hope some people enjoyed themselves here because it was a let down for many.

I want to thank everyone who has brought their set ups. I also want to thank Zinoto, WuvS, Root, WTP, Juushichi, Jiffyboob, the TO staff and the rest who have helped me try to run this event as smoothly and quickly as possible. Without you guys, I would have felt like an Ohio TO. :denzel: (JK, I love you guys. You guys are pretty ****ing awesome IMO.). I also want to thank IL, MJG, and Nicole for coming to this as well.

Brawl Singles: $10 Entry
42 Entrants - 60/30/10(split in top 2)

Brawl Videos: http://www.twitch.tv/fishflopstreams
P:M Videos: http://www.twitch.tv/xatic/videos
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAcidApple
1: Shugo $190 Split (Waited in GF's) :falco:/:metaknight:
2: Zinoto $190 Split (Coming out of LF's) :diddy:
3: MJG :toonlink: :metaknight:
4: LOE1 :wario:
5: Fizzle :metaknight:/:dedede:
5: Kain :wolf:
7: sneaky :rob:/:metaknight:
7: Sago :samus:
9: lain :metaknight: :popo:
9: Clowsui :marth:
9: Ksev :snake:
9: RizK :fox:
13: Stewy :popo:/:wario:/:metaknight:
13: Carls493 :fox:
13: Blue Rouge :wario:
13: Oblivion :snake:/:marth:/:falco:
17: Lordy :metaknight:
17: SoulPech :jigglypuff:
17: fZk :diddy:
17: Lumi :metaknight: :wolf:
17: Sorasin :falco:
17: Ori_Bro :olimar:/:metaknight:
17: Nicole :peach:
17: EddieG :peach:
[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]
[collapse=pools]

[/collapse]

Brawl Doubles: $20($10 Each)
14 Entrants - 60/30/10
If someone can help me fill out results from the image, I would greatly appreciate it.
[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

Videos: http://www.twitch.tv/xatic/videos

$5 entry fee - 60/30/10
1: Fizzle ($55) - Split (Waiting in GF's) :sheik:
2: Sago ($55) - Split (Won in LF's) :snake:
3: Carls493 ($10.00) :wario:
4: Lain :fox:
5: Benji :sheik:
5: Juushichi :sheilda: /:gw:/:rob:
7: ThuGz :falco:
7: FF WuvS :mario:
9: root :sheilda:
9: FF Xatic :falcon:
9: McK :ness:
9: Zyth :sheik:
13: Soul Pech :jigglypuff:
13: Robjoe :charizard:
13: FF JTSM :snake:
13: Tbird :falcon:
17: Roxas :random:
17: Coldcut :link:
17: Me9595 :bowser:
17: FF Ori_Brah :marth:
25: Lordy :falcon:
[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]
Project: M Doubles - 8 Entrants
$10 ($5 per person) - 60/30/10
1st. Juushichi + Fizzle
2nd. Zinoto + Xatic
3rd. Carls493 + SoulPech
4th. fZk + WuvS
5th. Coldcut + root
5th.
7th.
7th. Stewy + JTSM

No Bracket Image for P:M Doubles. If people know the rest of the results, I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks :)

JTsm

Smash Master
Everything is mostly updated. Just need to figure out brawl dubs results and tune up other areas as well. A full explanation is up as well.

SoulPech

Smash Master
This is the last tournament where I'm using Puff seriously to try to win. I will still pull her out for like pools/friendlies/mms (and maybe doubles) but I've pushed this character to its max potential (Smash 4 make puff better plz). Enjoyed the tournament and I'll post a shoutout reply after resting up a bit.

Edit: Still using her for P:M :denzel:

Teh Future

Smash Master
Hey its all good im just gonna use all ICs in pools matches now for the most fun games for everyone :)

JTsm I know your down about what happened, but at the end you brought everyone together for smash and I think everyone still had a great time. So thanks for hosting!

Shoutouts to sneaky's bombass ROB, fizzle's best ROB in the world that kept me out of bracket (100% legit), thugz and clowsui for improving big time from the last time we played, and those cats from Chi town that rode with us and helped with gas.

Don't forget MJG came all the way from Kansas City to play a children's party game.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Shoutouts cuz!!
1: Shugo $190 Split (Waited in GF's) :falco: Got destroyed by you in bracket. But it was good practice.
2: Zinoto $190 Split (Coming out of LF's) - Yo you realize this is the first tournament where we didn't play in tourney/MM/friendly? Why didn't we? Anyway nice placing but I'm pretty sure a split means you are also 1st place.

3: MJG- Damn son you get bigger every time I see you lol. Nice job owning Lain he deserved it.

4: LOE1- Yo so LOE1 placed 2nd best from MI AND beat Kain? Danggggggggg.

5: Fizzle- You're one of the funniest people I've met at smash tournaments. Still can't believe I beat you in bracket lol although you still out placed me XD.

5: Kain- Didn't play but nice placing.

7: sneaky - So sneaky with that ROB LOL.

7: Sago- Hype set man. I know it looked I was mad, ours because I was lol. Really thought I had that set after the 2 stock against your Samus game 1.

9: lain- Yo super free nowadays. Why?

9: Clowsui :marth: I see you're getting better too. Nice job thanks for coming out.

9: Ksev- Yo nice placing man.

9: RizK

13: Stewy- Mad hype yo. Should've placed higher.

13: Carls493- Nice Fox ditto set in tourney man. I guess I adapted pretty well game 2 but your Fox is really good. Your grabs and back airs were unpredictable to me. Keep it up!

13: Blue Rouge- Err didn't play but I seen a couple of your matches. Thanks for coming.

13: Oblivion- Man you got so much better. Can't believe we haven't seen each other since Game Yard two years ago. Enjoyed our friendlies. Really wish Sago could have stayed all Samus against me like he did you lol.

17: Lordy- Dat CF

17: SoulPech- Keep yo pimp hand strong!.Pick up Wario.

17: fZk :diddykong: - Nice seeing you again.

17: Lumi- Kinda weird that you beat me in pools but placed here. Step it up cuz!

17: Ori_Bro- Commented your hype set on stream I thought you had it but don't sweat it, I got screwed over by :metaknight: too.

17: Nicole- So I finally met the famous Nicole everyone talks about. Sucks we only got to play one friendly. I expected top 5 from you lol. But everyone has a shiz day. Thanks for coming though! #2CHAINZ

17: EddieG- Probably the most chill guy ever. So down to earth and talks about anything and makes it interesting. Sucks we didn't get to play. Next time for sure! Keep hitting the gym bro, summer time cuz!

Overall tournament experience was pretty good. Nothing too big to nit pick although there were a few small things.

Overall grade for this tournament: B+

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Thanks to everyone that came out and everyone who viewed the streams at home. This tourney was a rollercoaster but its over now. We have a lot to learn in order to make Outrage 3 even better so please stay tuned for more. I will do shoutouts later, I just got home from work and a nap is calling me.

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
Loved watching the stream and actually realizing that there's a cool Michigan brawl scene! Rizk blew me away and it makes me all the more excited to get my local shop owner to host our brawl singles/doubles tourney :D. Keep an eye out!

Arcalyth

GLS | root
1: Fizzle ($55) - Split (Waiting in GF's) :sheik: - I have a really nasty habit of not playing vs the top players when I go to tourneys. Grats on first.
2: Sago ($55) - Split (Won in LF's) :snake:- ^^^
3: Carls493 ($10.00) :wario:- ^^^^
4: Lain :fox: - Anti-shoutouts for trying to steal my controller :088:
5: Benji :sheik:- If only we had met in Winner's instead of Loser's. Best Sheik ditto we've had, though.
5: Juushichi :sheilda: /:gw:/:rob:- I'm really glad I had the opportunity to play and talk to you! Looking forward to seeing you at future tournaments. Sick GnW O_O
7: ThuGz :falco:
7: FF WuvS :mario:- Shoutouts for helping restore things when everything went awry. Next time I see you we're definitely playing each other
9: root :sheilda: - Not bad, not bad... and I had fun commentating :)
9: FF Xatic :falcon: - Thanks for TOing. Sucks that things went wrong but you did the best you could. Props.
9: McK :ness: - Dude, congrats on 9th! You were playing a lot better than you think you did. Sucks that brackets are *****.
13: Robjoe :charizard:- Coming back for my money, yo ;) GGs as usual.
13: FF JTSM :snake:- Thanks for TOing! Despite everything that happened it was still a good tournament and I'm glad I came. Let's get some games in next time!
13: Tbird :falcon:- Yooo I'll see you and Lordy later this week I gotta get my money back lmao
17: Coldcut :link:- COLD CUT COMBOS TOO COLD (I know you'll place better next time since you learned so much!)
17: Me9595 :random: - Keep working on your Bowser. Armor is way too good. Bowser is a really good character in the right hands so don't give up!
17: FF Ori_Brah :marth: - GGs, Hope you get into PM more!
25: Lordy :falcon: - lol 25th of course everyone knows this is wrong. and you'll always be #1 in hype

Oh, and shoutouts to DRDN for being cool as ****. :denzel:

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
I never used MK, but I did use Marth. I also used Falco in one set in pools.

Pretty sure Lordy only used MK.

Shoutouts!!

1: Shugo $190 Split (Waited in GF's) :falco:/:metaknight: - Thanks for the MK practice. We need to play more next time.
2: Zinoto $190 Split (Coming out of LF's) :diddy: - Hey ggs in pools. See you around!
3: MJG :toonlink: :metaknight:
4: LOE1 :wario: - Nice job on 4th. Your pro double spot dodge -> fsmash skills have served you well once again XD
5: Fizzle :metaknight:/:dedede:- Fun chatting with you, too bad we never got to play :(
5: Kain :wolf:
7: sneaky :rob:/:metaknight:
7: Sago :metaknight: :samus: - Little salty about losing, but it was my own fault. Nice Samus.
9: lain :metaknight: :popo: - Iain, get it in gear, you should be at least top 5
9: Clowsui :marth: - It was nice to finally meet you! Fun friendlies.
9: Ksev :snake: - Snake represent. Good stuff vs Blue Rouge. We need to play soon!
9: RizK :fox: - I thought for sure you had Sago. Constructive critisism if I may. When he got to high percents all you did was smash and get punished for it. Try to watch for the shield and grab more.
13: Stewy :popo:/:wario:/:metaknight: - Thanks for the IC help. Hopefully I can make it out to a fest soon.
13: Carls493 :fox:
13: Blue Rouge :wario: - Good games in pools. That tech haha.
13: Oblivion :snake: :Marth: - Not too bad. Next time will be better.
17: Lordy :falcon: - Wifi me sometime :v
17: SoulPech :jigglypuff:
17: fZk :diddy:- Good to see you again! Fun friendlies.
17: Lumi :metaknight: :wolf:
17: Sorasin :falco:
17: Ori_Bro :olimar:/:metaknight:- Why didn't we play at this?
17: Nicole :peach: - Very exciting set, had lots of fun playing you.
17: EddieG :peach: - We forgot to do our MM. Ggs in pools anyways.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I was very surprised when I found out RizK uses the wii remote. Before I saw him play, I thought he would be a bad player who just go the game, but I was very wrong. It was very exciting to watch him, I didn't know you can do all that with the wii remote. My favorite match was the second match of Lain vs Nicole. During the match I thought to myself, "Can Lain bring this back", and then I remembered the time when Mew2king 0 - death'd ADHD so I knew he could definitely bring it back.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I'm not going to be TOing anything else for a while. Kind of a frustrating weekend.

Thanks to everyone who came out. Hopefully everyone can just learn from this and come back stronger.

Hope to see you guys in December.

-Full Shoutouts Later

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Hey, at least we'll have Outrage III and Lake Effect II near each other. :)

Lordy's will be starting up again soon but there will only be PM bi-monthly.

Be on the lookout for MITTEN whenever I figure out how that's gonna happen.

Edit: and we're still trying to get stuff going at Coldcut's (I really hope this works)

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
Extra shoutouts!!

- To the choir for singing their rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody
- To all the new people I met, I had a great time.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
So, I wasn't too impressed with this event.

1. General lack of TO presence. I had no idea who at this event was a TO, and who wasn't.

2. Extremely imbalanced Brawl pools. Who thought [Nicole, Ori, Clowsui, Ron, Jiffy] was equal to [Tutu, lain, Roxas, sneaky, Sorasin] or [Fizzle, Blue Rouge, Ksev, Legit, Future] ?

3. Byes Outpacing people in Project M. Are Kevin and I the only people in this state that understand anything about bracket theory?

The Only things I was impressed with is the fact that Xatic was kind enough to give me my venue fee back after running the stream for most of brawl singles and the fact that Fish Flop is taking responsibility for their mistakes.

I'm probably not going to travel to the east side of the state for a local for a while.

But Shout-outs
to Fizzle for the most fun pools set of my life.
to all the people in my pool ggs, I had a ton of fun.
to Tutu and Future, and all the other fourth seeds that got cheated out of bracket.
to Rizk for being the best wiimote user in the world.
to fZk for always being the best host.
to Lordy and Tbird for traveling with me.

LOE1

Smash Lord
shoutouts to someone taking my controller and making me take a random one for myself. i'll miss mine tho :(

shoutouts laterrr

whitmorethetoadpirate

Smash Apprentice
1: Fizzle ($55) - Split (Waiting in GF's) :sheik: - This guy is really ****ing cool. Also needed to play against him more, think I got in maybe 2 friendlies D: Sheik too good.
2: Sago ($55) - Split (Won in LF's) :snake:- No idea who you are, but apparently I should have played against you too, especially to get that match up experience.
3: Carls493 ($10.00) :wario:- Figured I'd be better prepared for wario :( Oh well, close games (at least the second one was)
4: Lain :fox: - This guy's ****ing cool too, don't give a **** who says what about him. ****in baller ass friendlies, definitely need to play more with you.
5: Benji :sheik:- Top 5. Wanted to be in the money but I figured that wouldn't happen as soon as I started playing friendlies with Juu. Need to stop overestimating my skill level (dat ego) and definitely need to keep going to tourneys outside of my area to get more experience.
5: Juushichi :sheilda: /:gw:/:rob:- This guy is also really ****ing cool. Only played against your GnW and Link but both were really damn good. Wish I could have given you a better fight, thanks for the tips man :D
7: ThuGz :falco: - Definitely just needed to warm up a bit because I sorely underestimated how good you were the second time we played. P:M is certainly not Melee 2.0 (for good reason) but once you get the hang of it you can most definitely play it to the same level as melee. Good games in both sets.
7: FF WuvS :mario:- Didn't see you play or play against you, but talked to you a bit.
9: root :sheilda: - Good ****, all really close games. Agreed that this was a fun Sheik ditto, but I always like playing them and just playing against you in general :p
9: FF Xatic :falcon: - Good ****, didn't get to play you this time so I didn't get to see how much you improved. Sorry about the **** that went wrong.
9: McK :ness: - Super solid play from what I saw. **** gets stressful in tourneys, I feel you. Just gotta try and not let it get to you. Good job taking 9th
13: Robjoe :charizard:- Next time we'll money match for big boy amounts. Good games both sets, friendlies, and even in doubles we played pretty well together. Also, huge thanks for driving over there. 3 hour drive too goooood.
13: FF JTSM :snake:- **** happens, you live and learn. As long as it doesn't happen again it's not a big deal.
13: Tbird :falcon:- Clearly I'm reading this wrong. This shouldn't say Tbird, it should say Lordy. Seriously though, good games and your falcon is also getting much better.
17: Coldcut :link:- Didn't get to play much against you since I was really burnt out after bracket. Good **** nonetheless, hope to keep seeing you at more events.
17: Me9595 :random: - Not bad, not bad. Work on your ledge game since that's Bowser's strongest asset.
17: FF Ori_Brah :marth:
25: Lordy :falcon: - Yo, your falcon is getting really ****ing good. Combos are super solid, just need to work a bit on tech chasing and approaching and you'll be taking everyone's money in no time.

Even though everyone ******* a LOT about the tourney (myself included) it was still a lot of fun. Looking forward to Outrage III, even if it is like half a year away.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I have a black controller with the rubber on the control stick missing and the springs removed if anyone misplaced it.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
hahahaha I found it funny no worries :p

lol Xatic's is what I was talking about. What did you see?

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
Shoutouts:
-Zinoto and MJG: Awesome set on the big screen. Great end to the night.

-My fellow pool players: ggs. RizK starting a solo wii-mote movement.

-The on-going quest for LOE1's missing controller

-Ksev: Sneakin up the ranks

-Maestro: Winning your first tourney game. Go me. :yeahboi:

-Mitch: Gives P:M a try. Takes a game with Bowser. Nice.

-My gf's foot: Fine after being hit with the alcohol canister

Had a blast guys.

Top Bottom