• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online Tournament?

What day between Dec 24-Dec31 should the tournament be held?

• Dec 24

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dec 26

• Dec 27

• Dec 28

• Dec 29

• Dec 30

• Dec 31

• Total voters

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
CANCELLED!!!

NOt enough people answered me so its off sorry guys!!

Hi fellow brawlers! I am HSS|1Flow and I LOVE brawl! (The HSS stands for Honor Strength Smash) With the release of PM 3.5 and Smash 4 (which i am not saying is a bad thing), Brawl is good as dead. It is as close to death as SSB (N64). When the Nintendo Wifi was disconnected, a many of you brawlers know, the wiimmfipatcher by Mr.Bean was released. You would have had to have entered your friend code onto the wiimmfipatcher website in april. If you didn't it is too late. For those of you who did, you all know that a small percent of people play online to this day. I was thinking, remember a while back when people believed that BRAWL was the downfall of Melee? Well the Melee community wouldn't have that. So in an attempt to save Melee, they held a tournament called The Revival of Melee. So, why not hold an ONLINE tournament called The Revival of Brawl. Besides Apex, KTAR, and SKTAR, there is a 99% chance there will never be a Brawl major tournament ever again. If i get at least 30 people confirming they would be interested, i would definitely hold it. I would give smashboards points. I would also need someone willing to stream( i have a crap computer) I am off of school for two weeks and i could have it during the two weeks. I will leave it up to the poll to decide on the day. I would love if you told your friends about this i am trying to contact some pro players too. Note: This is a serious tournament. It will be streamed. If you are not capable of playing for real, please don't waste your/my time. The tournament will be double elimination. Thank you for your time and please spread the word!!

Note: If not enough responses assume their to be no tournament. IF you wanna play with me online Private Message me and we will talk:) Also, the time would be in (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) Singles only, private message me the results of each of you matches.
General Rules
  • Game Settings: 3 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
  • Items are disabled.
  • Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
  • All other chain grabs and infinites are legal
  • There is a 35 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player is over the Ledge Grab Limit, they automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • The act of stalling is banned and constitutes intentionally making the game unplayable. Examples include becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • If time runs outs and ledge grabs do not determine a winner, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage.
  • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For this tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
  • If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.
  • Coaching is not allowed during a match
Stage List
  • Neutral Stages
    • Battlefield
    • Final Destination
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Smashville
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter-Pick Stages
    • Battleship Halberd
    • Pokemon Stadium 1
    • Castle Siege

Last edited:

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
I'd really like to enter stuff like this however i'm worried my internet connection would be too slow
it is too slow to play against anyone outside of my region, unfortunately i wont be entering sorry

Last edited:
Top Bottom