• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

brawl online nightly

nessokman

Smash Lord
WEEELLLLCCCOOOMMMEEEE ALL!!!!!!!

This is SON or Smash online nightly. We meet up every night at 8:00 est and brawl. We braawl mostly for fun, but we do learn alot from playing each other.

How do I join?:Simply post your FC here!I will then add it to the first post in a list.check back frequently to see if anyone else has been added.Simple as can be.

check back frequently after your fc is on the list and add others.

Time:8:00 est.

dates:EVERY NIGHT!

rules-(i will update them some)

Meta knight banned.even though this isn't a tourney, meta knight annoys alot of people.

This isn't a tournament, therefore most items and stages will be allowed except for a select few

-smash balls have been banned.
they turn the tide far to easily for them to be fair.

soccer balls banned.They ere to powerful

homerun bat banned-smash tto strong

fan banned-locks enemy in damaging combo

pitfall banned-traps them to long and can be used to spike

bomb-ombs banned- 25% is a bit much....a 1 hit KO at 50+ damage

ray gun banned-It can jugle enemies, leaving them defenseless as they fly off

super scope banned.-charge shots to powerful

smart bombs banned-Cause chain reactions and cause a big explosion

chain grabbing banned- No grabbing more than 3 times consecutively

warioware stage banned-random powerups.

Temple (melee) way to big.

Firel- 0174-4918-4908
me-0691-3449-9614
beep- 5114-6810-9298
fz64-2664-9590-9298
dark 3nergy- 2322-1423-8785
scumbio- 2019-9673-9548
(alberto1866-) 4168-7225-6507
syntheticalypse- 1464-2966-0538
diddy204- 3783-3169-7962
kawaii- 1291-4068-0982
richard 89: 0304-5149-4182
ROBOT: 3139-2677-9931
XxAshleyxX: 1160-9462-5187
satan666- 2536-8323-3891
Moderate Skill- 1720-4416-1641

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
if you're gonna allow something as ridiculous as items and wtf stages you might as well allow MK.

and this is coming from someone who actually supports the metaknight ban in tournaments.

Items on high and many ******** stages **** metaknight over, and make the matches just as heavily luck based for him, just as much as they do every other character.

even though i support metaknight being banned in competitive tournaments, friendly matches, especially those where items and broken stages get the Ok to be allowed, I see no problem with the masked bat being allowed.

nessokman

Smash Lord
if you're gonna allow something as ridiculous as items and wtf stages you might as well allow MK.

and this is coming from someone who actually supports the metaknight ban in tournaments.

Items on high and many ******** stages **** metaknight over, and make the matches just as heavily luck based for him, just as much as they do every other character.

even though i support metaknight being banned in competitive tournaments, friendly matches, especially those where items and broken stages get the Ok to be allowed, I see no problem with the masked bat being allowed.
please take into consideration that the reason i've not yet set a date and time is due to the fact that i'm still finalizing the rules.certain items and stages will be banned, but i believe that having items and stages are good for the game.it makes it less boring than standing on the FD beating each other.your opinion has been noted.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

This.

Also, if MK gets banned there's always other characters that could frustrate others like Ice Climbers and their chain grabs. Though someone could easily come over and mess them up so chain grabs may not be that much of a problem for players, especially with items on high.

:phone:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Itemless only, but lots of stages

^

I'm in complete agreement with the above regarding MK being legal under such conditions.

I am all for a more liberal selection of stages, but I don't do items at all. I see enough of those in With Anyone matches, so the initial proposal would just be more of what I see too often. Sorry, but I guess I'm better off taking my chances there for now.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
0603-4060-7879
Beware of my blue Falcon, my PT, and my green Wolf. I might go Ganon, Wario, Fox, or Luigi for lols

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
also take into account that its never been just final destination all the time.

I seriously wish this lame *** stereotype on competitive playes would die.

the closest its ever gotten was with japan's very conservative stagelist whcih only consists of neutral stages.

and even then thats like 3 or 4 stages, not just FD. It never has, and never will be Final destination only. the only place that really happens is with wifi noobs in basic brawl who think "lol playing only FD means we r competitivz"

regardless.....if you're gonna allow items and many of the stages that *are* broken to the point where skill is less a factor, you might as well allow metaknight.

also norfair is a perfectly fine stage to use, because its stage hazards are all timed and easy to see coming, people who don't know the stage that well is their problem, for anyone else the hazards are not totally random and don't come out of no where unexpectedly, there is enough time to see when they're coming for players to form a strategy around em.

stages like warioware where the stage benefits are too random (such as invincibility or giant size) or temple where the size of teh stage itself lets fast characters like sonic and c.falcon basically become op'd as all they have to do is get a kill and stall the rest of the match. are some examples of lousy ones that screw players over.

and if stages like that can be allowed, stages like norfair should be allowed.

its not as black and white as you think....if you're gonna allow some wtf broken stages you might as well allow all stages, and if you're gonna allow that + items then you might as well allow metaknight.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I played on Norfair in tournament and won vs a Wario on that stage, fyi its one of Warios best stages next to Brinstar. And I was playing DDD. Its a stage i select in TB/BB often for good players who CG and use items. Its also a excellent stage for low tier in general and whose have bad Up+bs like Olimar and Ivysaur.

Its not as ban worthy as MK is.

<--- fc right here

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
so wait, is everyone just adding everyone else's FC's that post in this thread so that we can perchance see each other online and join each other's FFA's? This may work actually... you can add me. I will add everyone else here.

edit: done.

nessokman

Smash Lord
so wait, is everyone just adding everyone else's FC's that post in this thread so that we can perchance see each other online and join each other's FFA's? This may work actually... you can add me. I will add everyone else here.

edit: done.
that's the point.meeting on to play.maybe do special events....

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
It'd help if the OP updated with all the participating FC's so that we could all enter each other in...

okboy

"The Okayest"
NNID
syntheticweenie
3DS FC
1418-8005-4521
^Indeed.

Also I'd like to do this as well if possible. It seems kind of interesting.

My FC is, well you know, off to the left, yeah.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
cool, so while we wait to decide on a time / when to meet, I'll be online most nights between 10a-2pm sometimes earlier/later depending on work schedule.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
this rulesets officially went to scrub city.:urg:

i still stand by what i said before...

if you aren't gonna use the tournament rulesets people have come up with here at SWF, you might as well leave everything legal

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
But this isn't even a tournament... And it's still much fun than the same three stages with no items.

FYI

fun is subjective, not everyone has the same idea of "fun" as you do.

also aside from japans really restrictive rulesets its never been just 3 stages

regardless, my original point was that with the kind of ruleset he originally had, he might as well juts leave everything on, including mk and chaingrabs, because both of those items and WTF stages can screw the players trying to use them up just as much as everyone else.

hell take the ice climbers who have their death grab on the whole cast, to a stage like norfair or any other one that moves around/has stage hazards and you'll make any decent IC player cringe over the fact that their death grab is no longer even close to as useful.

throw in items to the mix and the IC player might as well not ever even attempt a chaingrab.

one of the whole reasons stage counterpicking is allowed in smash bros is to make sure no tactics like chaingrabbing can become overdominant, there is a reason you will never see any decent player take the ice climbers to a stage like FD, and depending on which stages are allowed, will try to counterpick the ICs to a stage that either moves around a lot or has many stage hazards that keep their chaingrabs from being as useful, I.E. stages like norfair which has been legal in many tournaments here.

Why not just propose this scenerio then....

let the players themselves all agree to choose what the ruleset is they want to do in their individual matches, or make it like a game of roulette, where both players just have their setup in their game and let the game do what it normally does like in basic brawl, and choose the stage, and one players item preference randomly.

adn whatever the game itself chooses randomly, whether its a particular stage, or an items/no items setup, both players deal with it and play the match through.

make the only required rule be that there is an 8 minute timer either in timed matches, or timed stock matches, like actual tournament matches, only for the reason to keep players from stallign the matches out the whole time till someone D/C's

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Yes I completely understand your point and see where you are coming from, and really if it's going to be four players playing at once then that hinders MK's chances of winning by a lot since there's a good chance he'll be getting hit by lolsmashes or a random item or even a stage hazard and being the light character he is, is going to be getting killed easily. Though what I was trying to say was that this isn't a competitive thing (unless I'm completely wrong then my fault) it's meant to be different and so allowing others stages is unique and can allow for some unique outcomes, or silly situations to happen.

You could at least give it a chance before you try, and if you didn't like it then feel free to say what you didnt like about it. I understand maybe MK might be your main and the character you use most, so most likely we can convince OP to allow MK to be playable for when we actually start doing this.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
actually meta isn't close to my main, i hate the character and fully support the ban in real tournaments, in fact HAVING him gone would be better for me anyway as my main is one of the characters who mk has a HUUUUGE advantage on.

but my point is, is that if you're gonna allow items, and wtf stages, but then turn aroudn and try to limit other things like cgs and mk despite the fact that the wtf stages and itmes would screw MK and chain grabbers over just as much as anyone else, you should let these be legal as well as *everything* else.

or at the very least like i said in my other post, make it so the players themselves just set the games rules to what they want it in their game, and let the game itself randomly choose who's setup its gonna use, like it does normally in wifi matches when people choose differnt items and/or stages to be allowed.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I've been considering unbanning MK.I'm manning all items that give huge unfair advantages.(homerun bat anyone).i want this to be a fun expeerience.I'm banning mmost powerful items, and keeping funny ones like mr.saturn.I am almost ready to set a date.

okboy

"The Okayest"
NNID
syntheticweenie
3DS FC
1418-8005-4521
Alrighty I've added all the codes on the original post.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
actually meta isn't close to my main, i hate the character and fully support the ban in real tournaments, in fact HAVING him gone would be better for me anyway as my main is one of the characters who mk has a HUUUUGE advantage on.

but my point is, is that if you're gonna allow items, and wtf stages, but then turn aroudn and try to limit other things like cgs and mk despite the fact that the wtf stages and itmes would screw MK and chain grabbers over just as much as anyone else, you should let these be legal as well as *everything* else.

or at the very least like i said in my other post, make it so the players themselves just set the games rules to what they want it in their game, and let the game itself randomly choose who's setup its gonna use, like it does normally in wifi matches when people choose differnt items and/or stages to be allowed.
Right and I completely agree with you, every character has an even chance of winning with items on. Especially on lolstages.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

Firel- 0174-4918-4908
me-4684-1341-1519
beep- 5114-6810-9298
fz64-2664-9590-9298
dark 3nergy- 2322-1423-8785
scumbio- 2019-9673-9548
(alberto1866-) 4168-7225-6507
syntheticalypse- 1464-2966-0538
^^^ Added all these folks to my Friends List

I usually have all items off by default. Im fine with every item. But i prefer food items on over the over powered stuff.

nessokman

Smash Lord
ok guys! sorry for announcing late.at 9:00 est. i want to play around and experiment.Anyone who wishes to help test log on can join us.

nessokman

Smash Lord
sweet!If we disconnect, come back on.See you on in an hour and 15 minutes

okboy

"The Okayest"
NNID
syntheticweenie
3DS FC
1418-8005-4521
Gah! My connection picked a really crappy time to be annoying. It's not always like this. My apologies!

Top Bottom