• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cape

Smash Master
Please read the following before posting:
This thread is not for spamming random ideas or whining endlessly. Please post only constructive criticism. These changes are not absolute, and constructive feedback is welcome in an effort to best balance this game.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

3. Download texture.zip and install all the Zelda/Sheik and PT files. Obviously don't overwrite any custom textures you want to keep. Transform times are being normalized by SD files instead of really dodgy IASA workarounds.
The set will be officially gold once we put more polish and pretty it up (add a few stage changes, textures, etc). As for gameplay, this is it. That will not be changing anymore unless we find a huge glitch or issue that must be fixed.

Latest update: 4-24-2010 Brawl Plussery 7.0.3 "Gold"

______________________________________________________________________________________________

How to install:

DISCLAIMER: This nightly build REQUIRES Gecko 1.9.1 or 1.9.3, so you must use Gecko 1.9.1 or 1.9.3 for this to work. 1.9.2 and 1.9.2b may not work with Brawl+ due to random Code Dump errors.
Please follow the download instructions on the site using the Brawl+ Autoupdater which correctly allocate files for you whether you wish to use the homebrew channel to load Brawl+, the snapshot method, or load Brawl+ on non-homebrew'd wii's.

REMINDER:
All other non-standard sets are not endorsed or supported by the Workshop Back Room (aka Plussery) and are not tournament standard. Please do not use this thread to discuss the differences between non-standard sets and the plussery.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

Any reply that falls into one of the four following categories is spam and will be punished appropriately:

* "Hooray, a new version has been released! Did you..."
* "I can't get it to load.../How do I set it up?"
* "I don't like Brawl+ because..."
* "First/second post!"
* "I love/hate this" without any explanation added
* "I'm going to try this right now!"
* "Why is X code in Brawl+?"
* "Where is my PAL version?" There's a PAL thread stickied for a reason...
* Character Talk of any kind: Use the Workshop Character Threads for individual discussion
* Requests for WiFi or livestream advertising: Use the social thread
* Off-topic posts that have nothing to do with Brawl+ itself: Use the social thread
* "Where is the changelist?" It's being made, stop asking for it.

You can talk about all of the above in the Brawl+ chat or in their respective topics.

Known Bugs:

* Online, Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon cannot played independently. Choosing a single Pokémon will merely change the one you start the game as.
* During online play, the Handicap Bar will occaisionally reset randomly.
* Some items have undesired or different effects compared to how they behave in an unmodified copy of Brawl.
* PC autoupdater will not download anything if you have a firewall.
* Homebrew autoupdater does not work with WFC USB connector or a Wired connection.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Hey, The_Cape, might wanna add to the OP that the Plussery BETA codeset has the no custom stages code that prevents it from freezing at the SSS. The regular 5.0 codeset does not have that code, so just tell people to either add that code or just get the beta codeset, otherwise, they'll never get past the SSS...hope that helped a bit

EDIT: Also, none of the links on the Plussery site work right now...

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so this will be considered the final version unless something major is found? what if some character is not balanced compared to the other in that this character is far worst will he be rebalanced or is that not a major enough thing? i just want to get it straight if this is most likely the final build and what would be needed for changes to be made?

Almas

Smash Lord
This build can be considered to be very similar to a gold build in terms of how each character will perform and play. This is not to say that nothing will change between this and a gold build. Most notably I am sure we will see many changes to stages and aesthetics long after most of the character-balance changes have been made.

It is expected that this build will last a reasonably long period of time whilst testing is undergone. Things that seem overpowered at first may be shown to be otherwise. Remember that Brawl+, like Brawl, can be a game of counterpicks. While a good player should be able to dominate with one character, it should not be expected that he should be able to beat every character with ease. Each character most certainly has weaker matchups, and it is to be expected that top-level players should have a couple of fallback characters to support them in this case.

In the short term, I imagine any minor flaws in characters will be let to slide. It is often the case that many characters are seen as weak mainly because there do not exist players to further their metagame, without the "actual" strength of the character being low. Be assured that when the WBR release their next set, any weaknesses in characters will have been looked into.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
so this will be considered the final version unless something major is found? what if some character is not balanced compared to the other in that this character is far worst will he be rebalanced or is that not a major enough thing? i just want to get it straight if this is most likely the final build and what would be needed for changes to be made?
The set will be officially gold once we put more polish and pretty it up (add a few stage changes, textures, etc). As for gameplay, this is it. That will not be changing anymore unless we find a huge glitch or issue that must be fixed.
Read the OP next time. It's only final gameplay-wise

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^ yea i just was not sure what it ment by final game play wise (if it ment no characters will be changed at all after this). although i will admit i did not really pay attention why reading the op.

^^thanks for the info

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
^ yea i just was not sure what it ment by final game play wise (if it ment no characters will be changed at all after this). although i will admit i did not really pay attention why reading the op.

^^thanks for the info
No problem, make sure you get the beta version of the codeset, otherwise, you'll freeze at the SSS

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
For future reference:

1) There is no more beta, it's gone,

2) It will not freeze at the stage select screen, that's either a common5.pac issue, or something else. A "Disable Custom Stages" code was added in as of GSH1 and has been in through GSH2 and finally Near Gold.

Now guys, please read post #3 and stay on topic. Thank you.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
For future reference:

1) There is no more beta, it's gone,

2) It will not freeze at the stage select screen, that's either a common5.pac issue, or something else. A "Disable Custom Stages" code was added in as of GSH1 and has been in through GSH2 and finally Near Gold.

Now guys, please read post #3 and stay on topic. Thank you.
Sorry Bionic, I did not know that, haven't gone to the site in ages, however, NONE of the links are working for me right now, could you please confirm that?

Veril

Frame Savant
I will be working on, and thus frequently updating my new data thread (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260740). I strongly encourage anyone with the inclination to post frame data gathered from this sets .pacs (using PSA). It will save me a lot of time and research if people will contribute just a bit of their time and geek out.

:D this is all so exciting!

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Sorry Bionic, I did not know that, haven't gone to the site in ages, however, NONE of the links are working for me right now, could you please confirm that?
All of the links are working for me, and for everyone else, it's a problem on your end...I can't help you. Try http://brawlplus.net/downloads/updater.exe Let's continue this conversation in PM, please.

Also, nothing against you, this goes for everyone: do not go asking for help in this thread. This is the wrong thread to do so. There is the social thread or the Brawl Hacking Support Thread, but do not use this one. The next reply I see breaking the rules in #3 will be infracted/warned, no exceptions.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts on this after playing exactly 30 mins:

(Everything here is subject to change as playtime amounts and uses are discovered. I'm making this post with no knowledge of the change list what-so-ever. I also didn't play the Beta Version(s))

Luigi's Dair meteor smash seems... underwhelming. Toon Link was at 102% when I hit him with it. It sent him down about 3/4 of his total recovery length. It's still lethal because you will get to the ledge before your opponent, but it lacks that "umph."

Other then that, I like Luigi in this.

Ganon's Down-Throw is brilliant. The computer didn't tech at all, but I assume it is tech-able. It is an excellent game of prediction and I love it. He lost it as a throw -> kill move, but Up-Throw can still do that if you are fast enough. The extra lag on the F-Air will take some getting used to, but I can see why it was changed.

Love Ganon in this.

Peach seems to be the same as she was in 5.0, but I'm sure that I'm wrong. If there were changes, they were small.

I need more play time with her to have more to say. I also need to test more things with her. I'll keep playing her regardless of any changes she's gotten.

Captain Falcon seems incredibly fluid now. I like the change to his Down-Throw, too.

Not much to say. He's Captain Falcon and he is awesome.

I'll play more tomorrow. Can't wait to see what Jiggly, Lucas, Shiek, Fox, Falco, Game and Watch, and Bowser are like.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
If sonic was changed any I didn't notice it. However this is based solely on online play using a buffer I'm not really used to. Play wise he felt smooth and viable. I can't comment on the combo yet because as I said, the buffer had thrown half my game off.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
So uh guys.

Did you know that you can now dsmash directly out of a dash? No need to DC or anything.

Not sure if this was intended, so I thought that I should post this.

ChronicleX

Smash Cadet
Yeah I noticed that too. It sure is a massive improvement over just adding Dash + Dtilt.

What I love about this more than anything is now sonic has a Dashing Down-Smash with the C-Stick! That is ******. You can even charge it if you do it without the C-Stick and keep momentum as you charge though the timing is dead strict (If you do it wrong you end up with a D-tilt).

As Sonic I have so far been able to dash and do ALL Tilts, D-smash Charged + Uncharged, U-Smash Charged + Uncharged and been able to kill momentum into neutral A 1-2-3 combo / F-smash and all specials with ease.

So far - HOLY ****!

Edit - I am still trying to work out how to get a reliable dashing U-tilt though, most of the time I preform a dashing U-Smash instead =(

Edit 2 - AHA! Nailed it =P Sonic's Dashing U-tilt is really really awesome.

Edit 3 - I just managed to Pivot too! Dashing backwards tilts!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Wait, we can do dashing utilts?

*plays brawl+ again*

EDIT: Oh cool, my egg change got in. >:3
And Yoshi's dsmash angle seems higher...

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
How do you do running down smashes or running up tilts, etc??

Sorry if this post is off-topic, or not allowed, I just want to know XD

matt4300

Smash Ace

Dsmashses: wait for your initial dash to end then flick the cstick down...

Utilts: well the way i do it is run push the analog stick forward and down then slide it into the utilt position... dont know how the other dude does it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What is this DC change? You can C-stick a dsmash during dash? Wouldn't that **** up mortar-sliding/DACUS? I know I'm not the only one who DACUSes with Dash>Down-C>Up-Z.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Guys, It's not in dash.

It's in run.

The initial dashing animation is pushing off of the ground, during which you can only cancel by stopping, attacking, shielding, jumping, dodging or grabbing. Running animation comes after, you can crouch cancel that. It's also when you can Dsmash without crouch cancel.

....Right?

Has there been a change in universal friction? Pit's fsmash, dsmash, usmash when crouch canceled or dsmash canceled...they all slide amazingly far for some reason. Even without the smashing or attacking, Luigi, Shiek, Diddy...their crouch canceled crashdashes are pretty sexy now. Shiek's....takes you across half of SmashVille.

I crouch cancel smashes on the slopes of Yoshi's Island and slide pretty far. <3

JCaesar: No, it's fine. Just flick the C Stick forward or back instead of down, or forward/back + A on the analog stick instead of down.

ChronicleX

Smash Cadet

Right this is how I do everything (As Sonic mind you, might not work on other characters).

*Note* B in the following Refers to the direction Backwards and not the B button.

D-smash = C-Stick Down
Charged D-smash = DF - N - D+A (I cannot do it at full speed yet, most I can do it at is 2/3)
F-Smash = DF-F+A
D-tilt = DF-D + A
F-Tilt = DF-F+A
U-tilt = DB - B -UB+A
1/2/3 Combo - DB-B~AAA

Pivot U-tilt = DB-B-DB-UB+A
Pivot F-Tilt = DB-B+A
Pivot D-Tilt = DB-B-DB-D+A
Pivot Crouch Dash Grab = DB ~ G+A
Pivot 1/2/3 Combo = DB-B-DB-B+AAA

Hope this helps.

shanus

Smash Hero
Jcz, its a replacement code for the dash cancel code. According to Yeroc, it supposedly a fix to sheik's crouch shenanigans as well, and hopefully addresses one cause of the end of game crash

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Two questions:

DISCLAIMER: This nightly build now REQUIRES Gecko 1.9, so you must use Gecko 1.9 for this to work.
Please follow the download instructions on the site using the Brawl+ Autoupdater which correctly allocate files for you whether you wish to use the homebrew channel to load Brawl+, or load Brawl+ on non-homebrew'd wii's.
1. Isn't this like a final build sort of thing? Is there something I missed that this is a nightly or a test set or whatever nightly means nowadays.

DISCLAIMER: This nightly build now REQUIRES Gecko 1.9, so you must use Gecko 1.9 for this to work.
Please follow the download instructions on the site using the Brawl+ Autoupdater which correctly allocate files for you whether you wish to use the homebrew channel to load Brawl+, or load Brawl+ on non-homebrew'd wii's.
2. Does is truly require Gecko 1.9 for some reason? Aka, has it changed at all since RC1 and all the other builds since I convert it to a snapshot method to use with my USB Loader.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I didn't realize you could dsmash out of run this way, but that's interesting to know. You can also continue to perform dash attacks during run with the Cstick by hitting it sideways, so you can still Dacus out of run too. It might take a little adjusting, but it's still there. Unintended consequence of the new DC code, as well as the reduced friction. But I was pleased to see the left crawldashing improvement, so I think I like the change overall. Yes, it does fix the holding down at match end freeze bug too.

There's a snapshot file on the download page.

Guess we should have changed some of the outdated wording on that post >_>.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
.... I still don't get it. running or dashing + pressing down on the c stick is just a dash attack...O_o

I use classic controller is that matters any

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You need to be in RUN, not dash. DACUS would be screwed over if it was during dash.

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
What is this DC change? You can C-stick a dsmash during dash? Wouldn't that **** up mortar-sliding/DACUS? I know I'm not the only one who DACUSes with Dash>Down-C>Up-Z.

Also what version of autoupdater for linux is used to download the Near-Gold version ??

Edited, Thanks SymphonicSage12 :)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I am in run....and running + c stick down is a dash attack...and run + crouch + c stick down is either a down tilt, or if you wait longer, a down smash....

I just don't see the difference here -_-

At El Raspa: No, it doesn't mess with DACUS....actually try things before you doubt them

EDIT: Um....PS2 and WW aren't frozen....? Does anyone know why....? Maybe my gct is corrupted?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
OK, I'm really sorry for spamming the thread...but it's still not working...the updater says my GCT is already updated....

Sterowent

Smash Ace
"Near-Gold"?

but there's so much that we haven't talked about, or at the least i haven't seen out in the open. what about discussions on those character-specific techrolls? what about getup/ledge attacks? what about footstools?! there's a slew of problems involving those!

what about hurtbox sizes, especially during dtilts and hitstun animations? are you happy with how tall ganon is, how huge DK and Bowser are? and what about that 'hub' that was being talked about recently? with b+ coming to a 'gold' release, exactly what purpose would it serve, if even completed at all now? would it be a register for the community's gripes which would be addressed every half year or so?

so many questions have been unanswered. would this, then, be the best time to ask them?

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Smash Apprentice
For the record, this may be a stupid question, but does this mean this will no longer work with the snapshot method? If so, crap, I just converted to using the snapshot method a few days ago. That was useless ^_^.

EDIT: Question answered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom