• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
What do you mean WW and PS2 don't work? they are still fine in my B+ . o.o
As in, they aren't frozen.

Which is weird, because, if my GCT is corrupted, that should mean that Skyworld+ and the running jump momentum shouldn't work either...but they do.

Veril

Frame Savant
I wouldn't really mind if it goes back to the old code, though. The big thing I'll miss is the ability to crawldash in both directions (and maybe Sheik's new amazing sliding d-smash). Hopefully, the crawldash problem can be fixed some other way.
The new dash-cancel is god-awful. The crawldash problem doesn't even come remotely close to justifying this garbage.

eisley

Smash Cadet
was hitstun adjusted in any way? I feel like it lasts a bit longer...then again, I felt this while playing against a dk using falcon...of whom I had not played against in the last build.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
As in, they aren't frozen.

Which is weird, because, if my GCT is corrupted, that should mean that Skyworld+ and the running jump momentum shouldn't work either...but they do.
That is really weird Sage, I can't think of any other solution than to redownload, which you already did, maybe Veril, Cape or Bio can help :confused:
EDIT: Try using windows updater, that's how i always get my B+ updates

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Did you try manual download?
Also, guys when are you adding the new Mansion+ and PTAD+ as code, instead of having to use a .pac to get them.
EDIT: The mansion would probably be better without slowdown now

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Hm...interesting... I took the text file and made a GCT with codemanager for windows....

gecko seems to be loading the gct from I:/data/gecko/codes

O_o

I got it to work now....and I don't like the dash cancel change...although, I love the ledgeteching change.

EDIT: I actually like the down smash thing, except for the fact that it messes up DACUS...

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
That requires gecko 1.9 thing should be removed. When we used that required 1.9 long ago, Gecko 1.9 had JUST come out, so we needed to tell people they were required to update their gecko os to support the use of gameconfig.txt

Also, the name "Near Gold" was a terrible idea lol. Just use a version number until its done.
wait so do i need gecko 1.9? i have 1.9.3 which in the op says will not work.

Veril

Frame Savant
I got it to work now....and I don't like the dash cancel change...although, I love the ledgeteching change.
I also love ledgeteching... who doesn't ;p

Dash Cancel V2.1
C2764EBC 00000007
90810014 54846CFE
2C0417E5 41A00024
809EFFFC 80A4007C
80A50038 2C050005
40A20010 3C004F00
80840014 90040040
60000000 00000000

I miss you </3

EDIT: I missed the old dash cancel until I switched it back.

seadosp

Smash Rookie
There is one flaw with this being the final update, if a wii 5.x comes out with a major update we will need to have a higher gecko version.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There is one flaw with this being the final update, if a wii 5.x comes out with a major update we will need to have a higher gecko version.
But that's only if you actually update to it, right? If they release another update, all that will happen is that another HackMiiInstaller will be made. I don't think any apps should have to be upgraded though..

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Perhaps it could made so you could DACUS with running down smash? That would way you could keep the down smash during run and also keep the DACUS during intial dash and DACUS during run...

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Except you have ALWAYS been able to perform a running Dsmash with the old DC code.
It takes like two seconds of practice to do it with the old code.

As much as I love crawldashing to the right, there are too many unintentional side effects of the new DC code for my taste. Too much sliding for some stupid approach options, and left crawldashing is insane.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
at least this code brought on more mobility. i really enjoy being able to use attacks at such length, ahah. feels liberating.
oh well. pipedream of mine, hoping this mobility addiction be satiated in b+.

anyhow, this is the final list of mechanics then? barring a revamped footstool (i wish), what's the roster of added mechanics from brawl > brawl+? anybody got a list?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
You have never been able to perform a Down smash straight from a run without crouch cancelling or stopping your run.....

:V

Alphatron

Smash Champion
But guys, any changes to the official build are not endorsed by the brawl+ community. >___>

Anyway, I'd like to see the old dash cancel back(w/o the freezing) as well...in addition to the removal of Pictochat slowdown.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If you run, and smash down on the analog and hit A at the same time you will do a Dsmash from your run, just as you could tap down and A at the same time to Dtilt directly from your run.
It's all one fluid motion; no hitting down to DC and then releasing the analog to avoid the Dtilt and then Dsmash.

Put in the old .gct and try it yourself if you really want. You could cancel a run into a Dsmash in the same exact way you were able to cancel a run into a Dtilt without your character even entering a crouch animation.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I meant with c-stick....which is what I usually use....and how do you "mash" the analog stick down if it's going forward in order to run? would you have to released it back to neutral to mash straight down?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
At first I would release forward then go to down position, but it quickly became one fluid motion.
The closest thing I can describe it to (though MUCH easier) was learning moonwalking in Melee. At first the motion was drawn out and inefficient but it became fast, fluid, and as close to perfect as possible over time.

Veril

Frame Savant
Its really not that hard. When running, first turn the a-stick a quarter circle down, then release the a-stick and c-stick down (or any other input)... fast. It takes some practice, but not a whole lot. Its actually possible to input a whole lot with the c-stick while the a-stick is in the down position (any tilt except up, any smash except down, jab is also possible just tricky), but not necessary.

I agree with the removal of the Pictochat slowdown. The stage should be banned regardless so why not revel in its wacky bs?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Hm, I've come up with an idea for footstool, that i don't know if it possible but I'll throw it in anyways: Can you make like, a key configuration for footstool? If so, why don't make it so you only footstool when your are pressing up on the stick and press any of the jump keys. That will remove the accidental footstools

Alphatron

Smash Champion
There was a code in the past that remapped footstools to something else, but I believe it was removed due to freezing issues.

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Smash Apprentice
Let me just say that the new DC code has been unanimously loved by everyone I have played with thusfar. Yes it does loosen up control a bit, but people really enjoy the sliding, and even moreso enjoy direct C-stick down smashing out of dashes.

It might be psychosomatic but most of the people I played with, including myself feel that the new DC code actually increases approach options from the ground. Yes you could DC and then downsmash but it was never as fast, nor did it create sliding effects like this DC code does.

Now, I do see what you guys are saying about it interfering with DACUS in weird ways and making sliding get out of control, and this seriously could end up being a problem. If that is the case (and I'm not totally convinced it is but I need more testing to figure it out) I suggest we possibly put in a code that does allow direct down smashing out of dashes (whether C stick or otherwise). The quality of play at all levels from casual to pro in my playgroup seriously increased once we realized this shortcut was implimented. It's basically just another approach option, which is great. So even if we have to rework the actual canceling and sliding mechanics, I think a d-smash shortcut from dash would be great (although personally, I am still digging the instant canceled dash stuff that is happening right now).

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Could you perform dashing, sliding standing grabs in the previous codeset?

In case it's unclear what I am referring to, it's most evident with Sonic.

- Start a run, then press and hold down while pressing grab.
- Sonic should slide quite some distance while performing a standing grab.

I apologize in advance if this is old news.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So, I tried out the new set, and all I have to say is, the new DC code has got to go. It removes the ability to DACUS while running, and it makes everything feel so slippery and sloppy.

Maximoff

Smash Rookie
I've tried it for a few hours and I really like the new DC code... I can still DACUS out of initial Dash which is the way I used to do it anyways... If it was up to me, I would leave it as it is... I think it's beneficial for almost the entire cast once people get used to it... Just my 2 cents!

Cheers!

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
I like the new DC code. People will have to learn to only dacus out of initial dash, but that never stopped the backroom before. I remember when I secondaried ness and you guys added djc which made him unplayable with my control style. So if you guys gave me the finger and told me to change the way I play, then it should be nothing for you to change dacus maechanics.

PS I don't use dacus becuase I don't play any characters that benefit from it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I like the new DC code. People will have to learn to only dacus out of initial dash, but that never stopped the backroom before. I remember when I secondaried ness and you guys added djc which made him unplayable with my control style. So if you guys gave me the finger and told me to change the way I play, then it should be nothing for you to change dacus maechanics.
So wait. ADDING more features to your character, and then telling you to get used to the change is a bad thing, and removing features from other characters is good? :urg:

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
So wait. ADDING more features to your character, and then telling you to get used to the change is a bad thing, and removing features from other characters is good? :urg:
First of all, DACUS is not gone. And secondly, they removed my ability to do rising aerials without holding jump.

Its a glass half empty half full thing. What you saw as an addition I saw as a loss.

I think it should stay because is adds more approach options for characters who are in need of them. I know you see this as losing the ability to DACUS while in a run, but I think that it is a fair sacrifice for the added options.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I should point out that cstick sidways still works as a dash attack while running. So DACUS is not gone. I will be experimenting with function order though to see if I can make the code not override the downward input, and look into doing something to the friction during DC's.

I rather liked the crawldashing though. :(

ValTroX

Smash Ace
DJC on Ness is super sexy :(. The new code messes up my Snake game and make me better with all other characters, I'm not such a Snake lover, but i really want the code to be reverted to the GSH2 one
EDIT: I gotta try that Yeroc(i read it before and forgot to test it). If it's not bothersome, i raise my hand to keep the new code
EDIT2: Works wonderfully with side c stick xD

Veril

Frame Savant
The new DC code is so f***ing bad. I replaced it in my .gct

Get rid of it, the longer this code stays on the worse. I would never have supported this set if I hadn't been using a custom .gct that had the old DC code (and frame advance obviously, etc).

Yeroc, have you actually performed a running DACUS with the code on using the c-stick? I bet you haven't. Its not the DACUS effect that makes this code terrible though, its the game-changing effect of the massive slide being added to a set that is supposed to be solid and reliable. People who never learned how to DC d-smash before despite it being possible and play characters with great d-smashes obviously will love it... but they could have done it before. WTF. How did this code slip through the f***ing cracks?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
The new DC code is so f***ing bad. I replaced it in my .gct

Get rid of it, the longer this code stays on the worse. I would never have supported this set if I hadn't been using a custom .gct that had the old DC code (and frame advance obviously, etc).
I don't really care if you guys remove it, I'm not gonna get used to it just in case:laugh:

Swordplay

Smash Lord
When you smash with a character, your momentum really begins to really slow down if not stop out of a run. The fact that I was accomplishing the same results in terms of executing smashes (you could tilt as well) out of run by a simple crouch cancel at a low buffer in GHS2 really proves that this didn't really add much to the game. All it did was make an input easier by bypassing crouch cancel when I want to smash. While harming one of the most unique AT's (DACUS) that came from VB rather than melee or was created in B+.

All it really did is hurt some characters help other characters who have a weakness in approaching. Some characters don't even take advantage of this very well as they have poor down smashes or don't slide a lot. It really messes with a lot of the meta games that were created and match ups that were created. If you want to keep the code W/E but then we need to go back and re-balance the cast to be consistent with the code. Best solution is to simply take it out. Just stating my opinion.

iLink

Smash Champion
Yeroc, have you actually performed a running DACUS with the code on using the c-stick?
I've been able to do this consistently by pressing forward on the c-stick instead of down to do the DACUS.

I actually like the new DC, except for Sheik's crawldash which is a little silly.

Disclaimer

HEY GUYS, YOU CAN STILL DO DACUS IF YOU MOVE THE C-STICK FORWARD INSTEAD OF DOWN KTHX

Veril

Frame Savant
It was my fault this got blown so out of proportion. :embarrass

I think pretty much everything that can be said about the DC code has been said... twice. Don't get used to this code. And learn to DC the old way please. Its awesome.

Yes, I know about the DACUS. Yeroc was right, it still feels very awkward trying to DACUS out of a run. THAT SAID, the major issue isn't the DACUS but the wacky-a** slides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom