• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
I want to see the stupid wolf animations. Can you release the bugged set in the old nightly section?

Revven

FrankerZ
I want to see the stupid wolf animations. Can you release the bugged set in the old nightly section?
There's chances you wouldn't get Wolf, it randomly picks a character and randomly starts doing it. For me, it affected a lot of characters (but then I was testing some of Cape's stuff) while shanus has had it only affect one character at a time. (As he said above). That being the main Nightly set.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i knew i wasnt going crazy when i saw Wolf acting up that one day. i was thinking it had something to do with the Roy codeset.
i'm glad you guys are fixing it up. keep up the good work ;)

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
If I pick 4 wolfs in a ffa will I have a better chance of seeing it or does it only affect one character out of the entire roster at random?

matt4300

Smash Ace
I noticed you guys don't have the text up for sets anymore... Is there a reason?

Most people like to add somethings ... or take out some things.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
I main bowser, but I haven't said anything because i thought he was great from 4.0. So, everytime they buff him I'm like, "Uh...thankyou". and then I continue the ****.
LOL and WIN

Overall, while you can still move around and proceed to play the game like you normally would, it makes the game look weird and unpolished so we would rather like to fix this bug than release it and have a bunch of you running rampant talking about this "BIG" bug.
Yeah, you're right to do this. As soon as you released the new version, even if most of the people here wanted you too; you would soon be bombarded by posts complaining about this monstrous bug that just affects everybody so negatively!

Probably even by the people that already know that it was going to happen :rolleyes:

Better to save yourself the trouble.

Wing

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Yeah, to reiterate, we aren't quite sure why the bug is happening. It doesn't necessarily effect the whole cast. It just singles out one character and makes the gameplay annoying lol
It's Sakurai striking back!
He's on to the whole operation O_O
Once you touched metaknight he set a automated anti-balancing system-bug. Which is why all the character animations are acting up.

ON-Topic

So whats going to happen to bowser and ness? I say Ness is as good as he's gonna get with his moveset, but I guess you guys have something better?
Bowser, I guess you guys are doing gravity and/or physics changes mostly?

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
Oh by the way, I forgot to tell you guys something pretty important I found out the other day.

Apparently Nintendo has changed their official statement/contract concerning the Wii.

See it USED to be that you had to manually update your Wii in order to get the latest version.

Well, that was BEFORE Nintendo realized that we (the gamers crew inc.) had started figuring out ways to hack the Wii with SD cards and create things like Homebrew and Brawl+.

Since then, they have released several patches to prevent this sort of thing, of course after which the gamers crew inc. has to create counter-hacks to get past the new "defenses".

It's all very intriguing but instead of giving you a history lesson I wanted to give you some advice.

Nintendo has changed their policy statement from "you must manually update your Wii" too "your Wii can now automatically update itself at our leisure".

If anybody can't figure out what that means, it means that the Wii may start automatically updating itself in the near future. Obviously, this is a huge problem for all B+ users. The new patches may continue to prevent us from playing our beloved Brawl or even intentionally damage our Wiis.

I strongly advise everybody who plays Brawl+ to manually turn off "WiiConnect24" in the Wii system options menu to prevent this from happening.

If "WiiConnect24" is on, that means that your Wii keeps an active connection the the internet even while its off. This means that your Wii could potentially be updated at any time without your consent.

If you turn the WC24 off, it will probably be a lot harder for Nintendo to "conveniently" update your Wii, especially if you are in the middle of a smash game or something.

Wing

Revven

FrankerZ
Wing, that's actually not true at all. People have WC24 on while being on 3.4 and never got force updated to 4.0. It was just a misunderstanding, Nintendo can't actually update individual Wiis.

D

Deleted member

theyt only included that line so they allow themselves to do so, they are not actually able to do so.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I actually saw a wii with the new menu screen and stuff for the first time last week LOL. how long ago did they change it?

on topic though, wtf at that bug. thats kinda odd... I hope the game doesn't look weird with all the standing animations adjusted

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
Wing, that's actually not true at all. People have WC24 on while being on 3.4 and never got force updated to 4.0. It was just a misunderstanding, Nintendo can't actually update individual Wiis.
theyt only included that line so they allow themselves to do so, they are not actually able to do so.
I never said that it has happened yet, I said turning off WC24 is a precautionary measure from it happening in the future.

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it won't. Maybe they have just been working on a new and better anti-hack system that we won't be able to penetrate before they do it.

Besides, it seems unlikely to me that they would not be able to update your Wii in stationary mode. In patch 4.0 they may have even given themselves the ability to do it.

When you go to the Wii menu and update it manually, all it does is connect to the internet, download the patch, and install the update. What would be so hard about rewriting the code so that it does that automatically from now on?

They could even go so far in future patches as to check your Wii for hacked programs like Homebrew and then flag it to prevent it from preventing future updates.

It DOES break their new licensing agreement you know...

Anyways, if you guys are convinced it could never happen, then feel free to leave WC24 on. As for me, I would advise people to stay on the safe side.

Wing

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I keep mine off as well.

And I have a question, is it actually illegal to install homebrew and gecko as long as your just using codes? or is it just something Nintendo doesn't want? If you were to bring Brawl+ to a big Tourney could you get arrested?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I keep mine off as well.

And I have a question, is it actually illegal to install homebrew and gecko as long as your just using codes? or is it just something Nintendo doesn't want? If you were to bring Brawl+ to a big Tourney could you get arrested?
the only illegal thing is installing WAD files onto your wii. lol nobody is going to arrest you for having a modded wii. thats just silly.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
the only illegal thing is installing WAD files onto your wii. lol nobody is going to arrest you for having a modded wii. thats just silly.
Is installing any WAD file illegal?
I thought it was just Virtual Console or WiiWare WADs, but installing apps as a WAD was fine (like I have the GeckoOS WAD for instance).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I thought it was just Virtual Console or WiiWare WADs, but installing apps as a WAD was fine (like I have the GeckoOS WAD for instance).
well i only install VC/WW wads so thats all i worry about. and the only wad that i've kept is SSB64....

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I was just making sure there wasn't a law against it, because I mean they could have one just because with a modded wii you COULD get WADS......then again, then they would have to ban wii's as well :laugh:

Sorry for the stupid question.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
Yea they can't make it illegal now, but they can possibly prevent you from doing it by forcing you to update and fixing the "holes".

Another tactic they use is making you update to the latest version in order to play the newest games released for the Wii. (I feel bad for people without wireless internet LOL)

Fortunately for me the only game I bought the Wii for was Brawl, so that won't be an obstacle I will have to overcome.

Those sly sly foxes.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Nothing is illegal as far as modding Wii's goes. There are no laws regarding the Wii or any video game console. Nobody will ever get arrested for doing this. The absolute worst thing that could happen to anybody is their Wii gets bricked, and Nintendo will be allowed to refuse to fix/replace it because you voided the warranty.

Downloading games that you would normally have to pay for is shady at worst. It all goes back to intellectual property and copyright laws, which are different in every country. The music industry has been trying to fight piracy for years, and look how successful they have been lol.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
actually modifying any home console or arcade cabinet is technically infringing copyright laws. but no one is going to dare persecute you for it, nor will they even fine you. no one actually goes out actively searching for people who happen to mod their systems lol

bajisci

Smash Ace
why was marths short hop raised by .25? my friend mains marth and he thinks its ATROCIOUS , god awful, if taht was a way to nerf him taht was a lame nerf. "approaching with short up nair is not effective at all against shorter characters anymore. " if there are positive reasons hed love to know :D

also is there a way to makeit so marths counter actually works against spacies side bs and up bsXD

Revven

FrankerZ
The Side Bs have shifted the hitboxes to the front of Falco and Fox so you can almost never hit them out of it like you could in Melee. Here's a REALLY good example of what works and what doesn't work:

Falcon's sweetspotted knee clanks with both Falco's and Fox's phantasms while the flub hitbox does not, it goes through both and ***** them kinda hard.

The idea to fix it would be to shift the hitboxes behind Fox and Falco like they were in Melee... it's just another dumb move by Sakurai. But, I'm not sure if we're going to do this (however, it would be a pretty decent nerf to both, which I think a lot of people could get behind).

shanus

Smash Hero
why was marths short hop raised by .25? my friend mains marth and he thinks its ATROCIOUS , god awful, if taht was a way to nerf him taht was a lame nerf. "approaching with short up nair is not effective at all against shorter characters anymore. " if there are positive reasons hed love to know :D

also is there a way to makeit so marths counter actually works against spacies side bs and up bsXD
SH double fair, and SH fair uair need that SH height with the gravity setting we have going on. Yeah, I have no idea what your friend is talking about. Vids of ChaosKnight prove a good example how the height is good,

bajisci

Smash Ace
The Side Bs have shifted the hitboxes to the front of Falco and Fox so you can almost never hit them out of it like you could in Melee. Here's a REALLY good example of what works and what doesn't work:

Falcon's sweetspotted knee clanks with both Falco's and Fox's phantasms while the flub hitbox does not, it goes through both and ***** them kinda hard.

The idea to fix it would be to shift the hitboxes behind Fox and Falco like they were in Melee... it's just another dumb move by Sakurai. But, I'm not sure if we're going to do this (however, it would be a pretty decent nerf to both, which I think a lot of people could get behind).
wow thatd actually be a mad legit nerf
and thanks for the info shanus, ill inform him

edit: im pretty sure u could sh double fair with 1.75 O-o

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
you could sh double fair and sh fair uair, but the timing was really strict, even with a 100 handicap. I haven't actually played with the adjustment yet, but if it makes it more like the melee double fair I'm very welcome to the change lol

bajisci

Smash Ace
changing sumthing just to make it easier seems kinda meh =/ why make an already easy game easier but w/e

Orion*

Smash Researcher
the timing was ridiculously easy with the buffer on =/. now he just sits in the air and its so much easier to punish nair as an approach, if it even hits them depending on how short they are. if those are the only reasons, essentially all that was done is make the timing for something extremely simple easier, and nerfing the character in the process.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
marth's recovery was really his only major weakness, so now that he has a hard time hitting the shorter characters (again) I think the "nerf" was needed...at least I agree with it.

edit: its defaultly set to 0, which is what I play on, and it was hard to get down at first, but I could do it consistently. a lot of melee vets such as myself had trouble with it at first, but we got used to it over time. the 100% buffer makes it easier, but it was still hard compared to what it should be

shanus

Smash Hero
not double fair, fair uair. double fair was trivial, but i think with frame advance it was something like a 2 frame window

Orion*

Smash Researcher
****, i could do it consistently and i dont play marth
and you have no tech skill X]

edit: part of the uair still came out, wich was essentially all that you needed. having a faster and safer approach, and having an effective nair is far better than a situational fair uair.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I don't really understand.

Marth's nair even with his default vB height can't hit short peeps on the ground unless you FF it. Either way, you're still going to have to FF nair.

Also I've never heard of anyone actually trying to hit shorties with nair, I really think that's kinda silly considering that fastfalling is a prerequisite to doing so...thus making it less effective than fair which you can use at any point of the shorthop.

Also the other B+ Marth users didn't complain about it. The new jump physics have been out for 2 weeks or so and this is really the first complaint about it. *shrug*

shanus

Smash Hero
and you have no tech skill X]

edit: part of the uair still came out, wich was essentially all that you needed. having a faster and safer approach, and having an effective nair is far better than a situational fair uair.
Yes, the first part came out, but I'm talking about the hitbox window. The window for it coming out is surprisngly small.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Also the other B+ Marth users didn't complain about it. The new jump physics have been out for 2 weeks or so and this is really the first complaint about it. *shrug*
it only feels really weird if you played melee marth right before you played b+ marth, and even then you can get used to it after the first stock or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom