• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Ok but seriously, Nipple Meteor (lol)
Pros
Always a meteor smash
Great for combos (stomp>fair, uair>stomp, pretty much every textbook combo since 64)
Cons
Sometimes the Nipple Force(whatever it is now) can ko accidentally
Nipple Force is a surprise hit at times

I mean, I can't really think of much to hold a good argument against it nor can I find anyone who would probably support me...but some nerfs(yes nerfs for falcon)

Is it possible to not make his dash attack so combo-viable? (dash>knee)
Less momentum for falcon? (not by much but this guy can jump mountains and he's slower than sonic)
No reverse knee, just forward instead w/ same knockback it has now (opponent will know where to DI)

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Woah, hands off my Falcon there. He needs nerfs about as much as Squirtle needs buffs.
its to compensate. kinda like falco's laser nerfs for his shine buff which imo was a really unbalanced trade but it doesn't make him broken or anything so i don't mind the falco stuff. besides, those nerfs and that one buff will make him slightly better imo. just not as easy to use (dash>knee)

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Well, his dash attack isn't exactly a good move. Combos, yes, but it's definitely not what I'd put as nerf-level

Momentum is a physics thing; his momentum feels just right imo, and changing it would make him play odd.

Reverse knee is awesome, but I wouldn't mind it being removed for the nipple comet.

I actually agree with Skippy here. >_>

Meteor wouldn't break him in the slightest. It'll make his dair more useful for combos and the like. Actually meteoring offstage with it likely won't be much more effective than it is now. He's got more reliable killers anyway. Just make the secondary hitbox a weaker meteor so there's a real reason to hit the sweetspot for anything else but comboing.

TL;DR
+1 support for Skip2MaLoo's idea.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I actually agree with Skippy here. >_>

Meteor wouldn't break him in the slightest. It'll make his dair more useful for combos and the like. Actually meteoring offstage with it likely won't be much more effective than it is now. He's got more reliable killers anyway. Just make the secondary hitbox a weaker meteor so there's a real reason to hit the sweetspot for anything else but comboing.

TL;DR
actually, i like your idea of making the tippy toe stronger. its a buff/nerf in the sense that dair>knee combos will work at different percents, but at perpetually lower percents if is stronger. which is a good and bad thing but i think it should be left alone

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Falcon is meant to be comboed, and combo. Nothing will change that. Making the nipple a slightly weaker version of the foot spike adds to his great combo game, which compensates for like 5 characters having a chaingrab on him. Even if they get him up to 50%, he can combo into dair for quick and easy deaths! Just don't screw with dash attack, momentum, and all that stuff.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Falcon is meant to be comboed, and combo. Nothing will change that. Making the nipple a slightly weaker version of the foot spike adds to his great combo game, which compensates for like 5 characters having a chaingrab on him. Even if they get him up to 50%, he can combo into dair for quick and easy deaths! Just don't screw with dash attack, momentum, and all that stuff.

its actually more but the others are really DI and jump stuff/get hit

Revven

FrankerZ
Skip, there's no point in removing the reverse knee if we can make the hitbox smaller (which we just did in the WBR set we've been messing with since BtL ended).

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Skip, there's no point in removing the reverse knee if we can make the hitbox smaller (which we just did in the WBR set we've been messing with since BtL ended).
oh, well considering im not in the WBR i wouldn't know.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
God, every time I hear that the WBR can alter hitboxes I get this tingle of excitement. I want a Jigglypuff dtilt hitbox half the size of Final Destination.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I dont think we should be messing with hitboxes too much.
This could turn out wrong in the future. There are some that need editing but not alot.
That is if its true that WBR can edit hitboxes.

So how bout the fsmash edit for Sheik eh?
0kb on first hit of fsmash? Interested?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I dont think we should be messing with hitboxes too much.
This could turn out wrong in the future. There are some that need editing but not alot.
That is if its true that WBR can edit hitboxes.

So how bout the fsmash edit for Sheik eh?
0kb on first hit of fsmash? Interested?
0 BKB will cause the Toon Link problem. Hopefully that should be fixed in the next release. That being said, don't worry Yingyay, I'm keeping them in check. Our current philosophy is:

We will only use the hitbox tweak if it is taking multiple tweaks to be fixed (and can be fixed with a hitbox tweak) or can't be fixed any other means.

Hitboxes are a very powerful thing to mess with, one we hope to dabble with infrequently.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Nah leave captain alone. It'll be too easy to spike with him.
It's like giving Marth a permanent spike/meteor.
Captain can rack up damage pretty well and his dthrow sets up too easily for it.

@ganon: cool. And I dont meant sheik not tlink lol. I just dont want incredibly small hitboxes on large moves er something lol. I know it will happen one day. If anything, if hitboxes can be removed so that moves dont have leftovers (Lucas and lucario) then its cool

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Falcon gets seriously owned with DI.

That said, is it possible for Jigg's utilt hitbox to be extended just a tad bit towards the front? It is seriously one of the hardest moves I know of to hit. It hits nearly nothing behind her and absolutely nothing in front.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Falcon gets seriously owned with DI.

That said, is it possible for Jigg's utilt hitbox to be extended just a tad bit towards the front? It is seriously one of the hardest moves I know of to hit. It hits nearly nothing behind her and absolutely nothing in front.
Everyone except the non humanoid characters get pwned with DI. oh and the spaciez.
You want Jiggz to be hittin people wit her head? O_o. might as well leave it, no one else complained bout it........*waits for people to start complaining now*

Revven

FrankerZ
Talk to Veril or associate yourself with the Jigglypuff character thread... you'd be surprised about Utilt's power.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
No, I know utilt's power. Especially considering it combos into Rest at ungodly ranges on an ungodly amount of characters. It's like THE combo tool.

It's still hard as hell to hit with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom