• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl news from Gamestop manager conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's like me telling you that Mario, C.Falc or King Dedede will be in Brawl..
Pfft, ya, they all got no chance.

[sarcasm]

My third uncle twice removed on my mothers side works for nintendo of Japan and says that Master chief will be in Brawl
Dude, my 7th uncle 9 time removed works at Nintendo of Japan, too. He told me Naruto is gonna be in Brawl. BTW, someone outta siggy this comment above! :laugh:

Because King Dedede was also in the past two games, amirite?

*cough* Sakurai created K.Dedede, and he came top of Sakurai's poll on the most wanted characters in Brawl. *cough*
I bet you a can of Pepsi that Dedede will be a PC in Brawl.

Anyway, I hope they don't change him to dramatically, I like Luigi, he's completely random and fun!
I'll bet my left arm, right arm, left leg, right leg, sister, mother, brother, TV, computer, house, chicken [and I don't even own one], my pepsi sprite, and Wii that King Dedede is in Brawl. Ya, I'm that f***ing confident with Dedede and LUIGI. :laugh:

MR. L!

It's gotta be :laugh:
Dude, best idea yet! :laugh: Seriously, f*** Luigi, he can just be a Mr. L alternate outfit! [but it will probably be just the opposite]

everyone knew he was going to be in it
Anyone who doubts him should be smacked. Actually, no. We'll use the "you got own3d" vids to ridicule them! XD

Well, Luigi better make it back.

It'd be absolutely ridiculous to have all of these Mario characters playable but not Luigi.
Pffft, seriously, if Luigi isn't in Brawl, I won't buy it. Seriously, only Mario is more important than Luigi. Because smash without Luigi is just s***, period. Plus I'm that confident he's in.

And I think we can trust this, since well...no one who knows him calls him a troll. Plus Luigi has been decloned from smash to smash, look at Mario, at c'mon, it's Luigi we're talking about here. Bowser's got changed, Link's got changes, Mario's got changes, so Luigi will have changes. PERIOD! :)

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I believe you. It's not like thats hard to believe or illogical. I could see Luigi a lot different this time around. And he's obviously in the game.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
I hope this one's actually true, it seems realistic, with the fact that it's from a slightly lower source then Nintendo and the fact that the TC seems to be a normal poster. I'm beleiving this, (like who wouldn't, come on, everyone, it Fu*king Luigi.)

Posts about Dedede: I don't see why he shouldn't be in. I wouldn't bet anything further then the Pepsi, though ;)

Revven

FrankerZ
I don't think the manager of a Gamestop would have knowledge of the game, other than shipping information.
It was a manager conference, this conference also confirmed the new "Zelda Crossbow" game that comes with the Zapper. I wouldn't doubt Brawl news appearing, especially, of something so small.

Retailers do actually get information like this, especially, at conferences. He just said his friend went to the conference (don't remember if he said he was a manager or not, either way, he went and therefore is believeable until proven otherwise).

Kel

Smash Master
I just thought I'd add that I have a friend who has been telling me that there would be a manager's conference and that they will be playing two upcoming nintendo titles.

Just as that other guy said though, "friends with friends in high places ****". But since this thread is saying the same thing completely across the country it's promising.

Haha, I told my friend to tell his manager to hold down sheild and try to jump. I also told him about wavedashing but I doubt that would really give us any proof. Jumping out of sheild would be huge though.

Anyway, yeah most likely there is some non-dojo knowledge floating around.

Rash

Smash Ace
Luigi being in the game and being "much different than before" is pretty much common sense, at this point. Now since Mario has FLUDD, Luigi is guaranteed to have the Poltergeist 3000, which will probably significantly affect his moveset, possibly more than FLUDD will do for Mario.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
If you believe the OP, you're gullible.

Why would a voice actor know anything? Do you know how they work? They sit in a booth and are told lines to read and they read them over and over. Why would a Japanese voice actor be at a Gamestop manager meeting anyway? They'd have to pay for him to be there which just seems like a waste of money for a bunch of business managers.

Sir James

The Doctor
OK everyone I'm back from a long days worth of school and work; sorry for not posting since I started the thread. My friend (who is actually a manager at Gamestop) called me back to confirm the news. I heard it loud in clear and I will say this again: Luigi is still in Brawl, and he's going to play much differently. My friend even got an autographed picture of the Mario voice actor himself. I will take a picture of this autographed photo and have it sit next to a piece of paper saying "Sir James" on it for proof that I'm not lying.

I want to thank the great amount of people that didn't quickly label me as a troll. I did not make this thread for attention. I made this thread because I am excited. Hearing news like this gets me very excited for one of the best games to be released this past decade. I just wanted to share the excitment with my fellow smashers, the people who will truly appreciate such information.

Unfortunately, he was unable to get anymore information out of him. In fact, the voice actor apparently didn't go over the line by saying Luigi was in the game (but he wasn't able to say anything more). But now I wonder...just how much can Luigi change? Will his jump mirror that of his jump in Super Mario Bros 2?

If you believe the OP, you're gullible.

Why would a voice actor know anything? Do you know how they work? They sit in a booth and are told lines to read and they read them over and over. Why would a Japanese voice actor be at a Gamestop manager meeting anyway? They'd have to pay for him to be there which just seems like a waste of money for a bunch of business managers.
Bluetree, the Gamestop conference also includes a "fun day" filled with playable game demos, free stuff (including free games), and other activities. They do this to get the managers to actually travel all the way out to the national conference. The same voice actor was at the event last year as well.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Luigi change -> vacoon ftw

Or it is vacuum?

Meh, whatever, he has to be floaty, like in all mario games... but i dont know how he can change.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
gameinformer is a very trustworthy source. they have been around for years, and they are highly rated. it excites me that sheik is gunna get a makeover. i wonder if sheik will have her own final smash, or if they share a final smash?

Kamaka

Smash Cadet
'tweaks and alterations' could be as extreme as changing shiek to Zamus.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
I used to be a manager at GameCrazy (till that ship went down.. ugh.) and anyways, when we were at the manager's conference (2005, I believe), Nintendo treated us like royalty.

Their whole pitch was given by a projected image of Mario being animated by dressing up that voice actor in one of those motion suits.

Anyways, they send that guy to every one of those conferences.

Nintendo knows how to retain retail support.

Back on topic, hopefully the Luigi revamp will mean better tearing for mr. lean and mean in green.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
@Sir James:

can you ask him if he can tell you anything else? And if he say he cant because he signed a confidentiality agreement (which he most likely did), can he give us a hint?

Sir James

The Doctor
@Sir James:

can you ask him if he can tell you anything else? And if he say he cant because he signed a confidentiality agreement (which he most likely did), can he give us a hint?
I think my friend tried to squeeze as much as he could out of him. The voice actor said that he couldn't say anything more (probably because of a confidentiality statement like you mentioned). The only thing he was able to say was that Luigi is in it and he's a lot different. Sorry for lack of additional info. But hey...this small news is still better than the assist trophy updates we got this week lol.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Awesome news if its true (and it probably is)...

And I sure hope that Luigi has been given his new standard voice that originated from Superstar Saga... His old Smash voices didnt do him justice at all...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Even though it's actually very believable info, I find it hard to believe.

Why? Because who the hell thinks that Luigi ISN'T going to return and ISN'T going to be different than before?

It's the same as those people who predict full roster lists and say "if we get a character update this week then that means I'm right".

Predicting something incredibly obvious really doesn't add to credibility at all.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
That GoNintendo article is very old. And it doesn't mean anything, those designs were from before Sakurai joined the dev team for Brawl. And we all know what would happen if Sakurai didn't join Brawl's development, so this is referring to that. Nothing more.

Spinach Ops™

Smashtown, Nowhere
NNID
Spinach.Ops
3DS FC
2809-9932-5572
Uhh yeah to all out there that won't believe me....... its kool, but yeahs I work at GameStop in Houston Tx on Westheimer and the Nintendo rep. finally came in today so I just thought I'd let everyone know that SSBB will be online via Wi-fi connection or Lan-adapter.

This message brought to you by Jesse's Wii

nayon

Smash Rookie
For anyone who says the voice actor of Mario is Japanese and won't attend such a thing, his name is Charles Martinet, he's obviously not japanese....

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
That GoNintendo article is very old. And it doesn't mean anything, those designs were from before Sakurai joined the dev team for Brawl. And we all know what would happen if Sakurai didn't join Brawl's development, so this is referring to that. Nothing more.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sakurai the first person to actually "join" the Brawl Dev. Team?

Adi

Smash Lord
Nope, they were originally going to make Brawl Melee 2.0 until they invited Sakurai and he decided to revamp it.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Uhh yeah to all out there that won't believe me....... its kool, but yeahs I work at GameStop in Houston Tx on Westheimer and the Nintendo rep. finally came in today so I just thought I'd let everyone know that SSBB will be online via Wi-fi connection or Lan-adapter.

This message brought to you by Jesse's Wii
Hmm...I need more evidence from you before I can believe you right. No hard feelings, but there have been trolls with low post counts saying things about what's going to be in Brawl.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
SSBB will be online via Wi-fi connection or Lan-adapter.
That was redundant. Why would any game be online via one but not the other? And you went to the effort to type all that on your Wii? :laugh:

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
hey psy:

I worked for two years at the gamecrazy on westheimer and hwy 6, and then up the road at another on westheimer. What's the name of your Nintendo rep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom