• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Minus: Pichu's Introduction

Brawl Minus 4.0b was released a while back and the team behind the game has been releasing videos to help introduce new players to the cast. For those who don't know what Brawl Minus is the team has put out a video to explain just that. In the simplest terms Brawl Minus instead of balancing within reason makes every character so powerful and broken they become balanced.

This video gives players the chance to see what Pichu can do in the latest version of Brawl Minus. From charged electric attacks to crazy combos, Pichu is nothing like his Melee counterpart. Give it a watch and see all that he has to offer! For more information on the mod be sure to visit its official website.

Last edited:

Comments

D
The best Smash game of all time. I'm so glad this mod is still going.

I love that this mod is still going and is actually something that we haven't see before in term of character change. So see what they done to Pichu is really great. I recommend to people who haven't played this mod to give it a try. It's worth you're time, especially if you like silly thing.:ganondorf:

Last edited:
I highly recommend everyone try out Brawl -. It's some of the most fun you can have with a Smash game. Even just playing alone and trying out all the ridiculous things you can do with each character is amazingly fun by itself.

A few of my favorites...

- Mario's side taunt equips him with a metal cap
- Doing Captain Falcon's Up-Down-Up taunts in rapid succession will give you a one use near instant Falcon Punch
- Ike's Eruption can be charged and released whenever
- Link can do a one hit KO quick draw attack out of a taunt
- Ganon's Warlock Punch now does 666% damage. Holding the button down unleashes a dark wave of energy that travels half the distance of FD. Neither the punch or the energy wave can be blocked

Nothing in the world would make me happier than if Brawl - got a tournament scene. I'm sure it would be a blast to watch it on stream too.

I don't mind the idea of more mods taking off, but I do mind that rudimentary character artwork showing up as emoticons on Smashboards. Don't show that to me again.

Thank you oh so very much for covering Brawl Minus. I think it is without a doubt one of the most fun Smash experiences I ever had the treat of playing for the last few months of bringing my setup to our weeklies. I loved seeing everyone's first reactions to something absurd. From Sonic's hilarious taunt cancels, to Captain Falcon having an obnoxious sound clip everytime you pummel someone in a grab, or Jigglypuff's shield exploding upon it breaking. I think this game has insane competitive value given how spectator friendly it is (very fun to watch), and the several technical attributes characters carry; just because most of the cast can't wavedash in the traditional sense doesn't mean some characters don't have variations of it after all. :) R.O.B has one with his down air and Marth's special acts as it off a short hop. It truly is something I strongly recommend to everyone; if Cloud breaks limits, the entire cast of Brawl Minus shatters and burns them on the spot.

Also, everyone who couldn't wall jump in official games can here, which is as loony as it probably sounds.

D
Thank you oh so very much for covering Brawl Minus. I think it is without a doubt one of the most fun Smash experiences I ever had the treat of playing for the last few months of bringing my setup to our weeklies. I loved seeing everyone's first reactions to something absurd. From Sonic's hilarious taunt cancels, to Captain Falcon having an obnoxious sound clip everytime you pummel someone in a grab, or Jigglypuff's shield exploding upon it breaking. I think this game has insane competitive value given how spectator friendly it is (very fun to watch), and the several technical attributes characters carry; just because most of the cast can't wavedash in the traditional sense doesn't mean some characters don't have variations of it after all. :) R.O.B has one with his down air and Marth's special acts as it off a short hop. It truly is something I strongly recommend to everyone; if Cloud breaks limits, the entire cast of Brawl Minus shatters and burns them on the spot.

Also, everyone who couldn't wall jump in official games can here, which is as loony as it probably sounds.
Oh god yes. I want Brawl Minus to have a competitive scene so badly. Hell, it even supports going on Wi-Fi without having to use Homebrew or anything of the like because the code is built into the game, it'd be awesome for a matchmmaking thread for the game to be made, maybe its own subforum like Project M.

I would be 100% okay with a Brawl Minus sub forum. I need to step up Luca's godlike combo and pressure game, and the actual Brawl Minus forums aren't terribly lively or active.

Please Smashboards, help get this game on its feet.

So... Does Pichu's strategy of only air game from Melee carry over? I noticed the neutral air had electric bits, but that could've been one of the held/tap differences.

D
Roy's model is ripped from Melee from what I can tell, the PMDT made their own model.

I would be 100% okay with a Brawl Minus sub forum. I need to step up Luca's godlike combo and pressure game, and the actual Brawl Minus forums aren't terribly lively or active.

Please Smashboards, help get this game on its feet.
Lol nice try. Smashboards are extremely competitive and serious not to mention they already Have forums for minus's rival project m.

Lol nice try. Smashboards are extremely competitive and serious not to mention they already Have forums for minus's rival project m.
In fact - I'm pretty sure a Minus developer and Project M developer worked together on a project once...

And, well, Project M hath ceased development.
Too soon?
Too soon.

Yeah that's a sick rivalry that I've never heard of before.
Probably because nobody cares about those mods. Its an underground thing. Also it won't become competitive because people be like "no I cancel or wavedash? Throw it in the trash".

Last edited:
Maybe Brawl Minus can be the new Project M.
nice but no!
because the point is not anymore in mastering his character according to the knockback game engine basement, but more about attack and combo oriented play for about everybody...
not really the smash essence to my eyes, it looks like Guilty Gear...but nice to whatch

Last edited:
Top Bottom