• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BRAWL IS ALL TOURNAMENT! - November 30th, 2013 - Manteca CA

tournament ready

Smash Rookie
BRAWL IS ALL!!
-TOURNAMENT-
Get ready to smash your way to the top:
work your way up the ladder with an ally or solo, in a singles
plus doubles event... 1st - 2nd and 3rd place winners will not
leave empty handed... both doubles and singles will consists
of a winners and losers brackets.

Bring your skills and meet with your opponents face to face:
this event will be held in person (no lag fest)... money matches are approved, as well as the hype that comes alone with it!!... test your skills with incentives that will bring out your best.​
play hard and win big!!
Were hoping to give out 100$ cash to the first place winner.​
2nd and 3rd place winners will receive there share all well​
(be sure to tell your friends)​
+And now for the rules and regulations+
friendlies will start at 12:00 Venue fee - $5.00 1st place - 50% of avail pot​
sign-ups - 1:00pm - 1:30pm Singles (1v1 battle) - $10 2nd place - 40%​
singles & doubles start at - 1:30 Doubles (team battle) -$10 each 3rd place - entry fee​
discounts: $1 dollar off for rsvp - $2 off if your bring a T.V and a wii - $4 off if you bring both​
Rules
Bring your own controller.
Settings:
3 stocks​
8 minute timer​
Items set to off and none​
Team Attack On​
Pause Off*​
No aesthetic hacks*​
Stages:
Battlefield​
Castle Siege​
Final Destination​
Lylat Cruise​
Pokemon Stadium​
Smashville​
Yoshi’s Island​
Gameplay:
•Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of five.

YEEE

Smash Rookie
I will be there to collect my money on November 30th YEEEEEEE

tournament ready

Smash Rookie
How many players do you think you can round up for this? i can bring possibly 4 players.
so far its looking like we got some pretty strong smashers already waiting to get this started... As of right now i can say without a doubt 10+ people are coming regardless... were expected to have at least 25 players in total... flyers have been passed out, and phone number have been called so just expect there to be alittle more the 25 attending... if you bring your group of 4 then ill make sure that you dont have to pay a venue fee for the tournament... just send me your name

alexpaciocco

Smash Rookie
Cool bro. My name is Alex Paciocco hahaha. I know thats my username too. I didnt know smashboards was so popular. I made an account last year sometime to get help with hacking my brawl. But i was thinking about hosting a huge NorCal tournament. I'm in the military and I'm stationed in Alameda. We have a big base ad i can get everyone on an access list and people wont have to worry about a venue fee at all. I just dont know how to set something like this up. If you can help me man, that would be much appreciated. I was thinking we could put the final match on the projector hahaha

tournament ready

Smash Rookie
hey you might be on to something... this could be the next big thing haha... A huge NorCaL tournament would be crazy!! the bigger the better... and the no venue fee is the icing on the cake... we might need to do something about this very soon... we need to get together then and work something out

tournament ready

Smash Rookie
sounds good... i dont want to see you get rapped thoe choke... so dont forget to invite sum of your skillls to this tourney!!!

alexpaciocco

Smash Rookie
Sounds good. I was planning to do it sometime after April. We can talk about this a little more at the tourny.

YEEE

Smash Rookie
Yo Choke it's NWA hype to play you again don't chain grab my Ness to hard though YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

tournament ready

Smash Rookie
Sounds good. I was planning to do it sometime after April. We can talk about this a little more at the tourny.
A NorCal tournament sounds like its in the near future then... but yeah, we can definitely plan this thing out... ill see you on the 30th alexpaciocco

alexpaciocco

Smash Rookie
If I bring a wii, is it cool that its modded with different music and level backgrounds? (FD, Battlefield and Smashville)

tournament ready

Smash Rookie
yeah, that wud be so sick... there's going to be a few ppl at this tourny that dont even know about that stuff... you shud definitely show some of these noobs how a real wii looks haha

tournament ready

Smash Rookie
that metaknight is looking sick!! i havent seen a meteknight used like that in a while... come out and show these ppl how a real meteknight plays

tournament ready

Smash Rookie
-warning-
MELEE is here!!
The battle has just begun:
So here it is, get ready to smash your foes in a melee battle
of the fittest... This portion of the tourney will be focused on
the pros... therefore, 1st and 2nd place winners will receive
a pot advantage over 3rd place winner.

bring the hype!!
lets make the pot worth it!!​
melee tournament will have a 10$ entry fee for single battles,​
1st place winner will receive 60% of the avai​
pot... 2nd place well take home 30%...​
And 3rd place will get his hands on only 10% of the left overs​
(double and crew battles ect, cant be voted on after)​

+the rules and regulations+
Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled
Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
Counter-pick Stages: Pokémon Stadium.
Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.
You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

Top Bottom