• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl hack: Shield cancel (L-cancel).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Hm, ok... I hope we can somehow resolve this because Wifi is a great way to kind of 'spread the word' and let people test this out. Not the end of the world though, if more people (<3 Chibo) start hosting "Brawl+" events.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
unseen_kill and I are playing with the same 3 codes and it worked for a few rounds, we just disconnected while he was Fox and I was Sonic.

Starscream

Smash Ace
You think you guys could keep the personal chat in PMs?

And what the heck is this wavedash 2.1? Wasn't there just the original code and the revised one?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Lol @ community splitting itself willingly. By the end of this year, we're gonna have...

64 Purists
Melee Purists
Brawl Purists
Brawlee Purists
Brawl++ Purists

Man. What has science done.

---

In any case, wonderous code. Havn't tried it myself though. Too busy maining Manchu.

Won't be long till SWF creates a hacking forum, like on AiB. Probably 1 for Brawlee and 1 for Brawl++

OK'Ssuka?

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if SWF will form a hacking forum, though it may be possible. If I recall correctly, the reason why we have a hacking forum at All Is Brawl is because nealdt (and/or someone high up in the upper echelon of the staff) was gracious enough to allow for the formation of such a group in order to localize and organize the threads and to allow for the "hacking community" to have a base where they are able to share their findings and such, etc...at least, that is how I see it...(anyone who knows better could correct me...)

J_RUM

Smash Rookie
I am wondering what our chances are of having these legal in pro tourneys. It will be so exciting watching the pro's clash with these codes!

EDIT: Can someone explain what hitstun and shieldstun are to me?

Thanks ^_^

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Hitstun is the time during which you cannot move after you are hit, but your attacker can.

Shield stun is the time during which you cannot move after you shield an attack, but your attacker can.

Hitlag is the time during which neither you nor your attacker can move (most prevalent with attacks such as Zelda's kicks).

Darkurai

Smash Master
How did the L-Cancelling and Wavedashing codes manage to come out so close to each other?

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Lol, does anyone remember those guys from a really long time ago who were planning on making Brawl more like Melee with hacks? Their thread got locked because of so many scrubs spamming and flaming it but it's funny since they never actually did get anywhere, we had to wait for Phantom Wings to make codes.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Hey metaXzero,
Do you mind editing your OP to have an icon next to it that will be the same as the other Hack based threads? Its hard to find these great threads amongst such a BS forum. Thanks!

kupo15

Smash Hero
umm there isnt one atm. Maybe all hack related threads should have the thumbs up or the Green smiley face with teeth. Something that really stands out amongst the garage in this forum.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
ok, since L cancel causes the desynch, i propose we make an online-friendly hack that auto L cancels all of our aerials, or somehow simplify the input so that it doesn't cause the desynch.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
ok, since L cancel causes the desynch, i propose we make an online-friendly hack that auto L cancels all of our aerials, or somehow simplify the input so that it doesn't cause the desynch.
S/L-canceling doesn't always desync though, is the thing. We need to find out EXACTLY what it is. I played at least 2 hours with S-canceling, no-trip, and wavedash and only DS'd twice.

If anything, I'd think it would be no-trip causing a lot of the problems. With s/l-canceling putting it over the edge at times.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Sorry guys. Smashboards isn't alerting me of threads and messages (Don't know if its my Gmail acount or Smashboards acting up).

Well anyway, I made the changes to the OP. *sigh* I wish I could hack now. But I lack monies currently...

And you are welcome ELI-mination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom