• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Ground Speed Chart

6uardianAngel

Smash Rookie
Wow, awesome find ...

I never knew SONIC was that fast after seeing these comparisons.

The presentation is really nice as well/ ;)

kidicaruspwner

Smash Rookie
that is a cool looking chart, with lots of information. Kinda wierd on how bowser is so fast on ground though, and luigi slower then mario? Waz up with that?

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Im surprised how high Charizard is and how low Squirtle is

Charizards dash looks BA though

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I updated the first post to use accurate math, as opposed to the copious rounding and estimations that I had used to create the first chart, this new one is completely accurate and is now in MPH and KPH.

I hope you enjoy it!

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
I'm maining everybody 15.5 mph and up.
Ur maining everyone 15.5 and up? For some reason i find that a bit hard to believe. Another thing are u realizeing thats a ground speed chart? has nothing to do with aerial game at all. Just because a character runs slow doesnt mean they wont come out victorious in the end..it all depends on how that character is played and alot of other ways like how fast they are in the air etc etc etc.

Eriorguez

Smash Cadet
I don't get why people are surprised about Luigi. He is only faster that Mario in 2 games, SM64DS and SMG. In any 2D games they are differenciated, Luigi is slower but jumps faster and has more aerial manuverality.

Also, Charizard is the fastest of the Pokemon in this game, going by the stats. Not to mention, I don't get why people though that a TURTLE would have a fast running speed. Turtle =(more or less)= Tortoise.

In any case, PKMN speeds in the games are not a good Brawl reference: Pikachu and Lucario have the same speed, and Mewtwo is tied with Jolteon, Crobat and Aerodactyl as 4th fastest Pokemon. Counting the variations of Deoxys.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Why is Kirby faster than Dedede?

If you've ever played the Gourmet Race you'd know that Dedede runs faster than Kirby >_>

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
sorry, but as a stat person, this list is highly inaccurate (and also means I run faster than Fox, and although I didn't do mph tests, I find this extremely funny >_> ). Sonic is way more than 21:26 speed ratio faster than falcon, and falcon and fox aren't that far apart either. Just by looking at that, I can tell this is highly inaccurate. ZSS also has a slightly faster top speed in running than Sheik does, but if you don't look really closely or do it over longer distances, it's harder to notice. Nice try though.

want a truely accurate list (to extremely high accuracy at least)?

go to bridge of elden, count from the first 1st frame of your dash, and then record the frame you die on the side of the stage. This would be extremely hard to test using my old melee methods, but using good recording equipment that goes at 60fps we can get a highly accurate speed list. Also, acceleration would be a factor, and I will rank players by top speeds, but the list can give you a good idea of how fast they run. If you want acceleration to be a bigger factor, use one of the spawn points near the edge of bridge of elden. The farther you run, the less acceleration will be a factor on average.

Also I'm doing a walking speed list soon, and then ill do running, then combine them, then do other stuff in the near future.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
sorry, but as a stat person, this list is highly inaccurate (and also means I run faster than Fox, and although I didn't do mph tests, I find this extremely funny >_> ). Sonic is way more than 21:26 speed ratio faster than falcon, and falcon and fox aren't that far apart either. Just by looking at that, I can tell this is highly inaccurate. ZSS also has a slightly faster top speed in running than Sheik does, but if you don't look really closely or do it over longer distances, it's harder to notice. Nice try though.

go to bridge of elden, count from the first 1st frame of your dash, and then record the frame you die on the side of the stage. This would be extremely hard to test using my old melee methods, but using good recording equipment that goes at 60fps we can get a highly accurate speed list. Also, acceleration would be a factor, and I will rank players by top speeds, but the list can give you a good idea of how fast they run. If you want acceleration to be a bigger factor, use one of the spawn points near the edge of bridge of elden. The farther you run, the less acceleration will be a factor on average.

Also I'm doing a walking speed list soon, and then ill do running, then combine them, then do other stuff in the near future.
QFT. I wanted to say something like this, but didn't know how to put it together...

thenightsshadow

Smash Rookie
wtf, Bowser is the same speed as Mario and is FASTER than Falco and Lucario. Wow...
No one mentioned it yet, so I will.

Notice how Bowser doesn't seem to be using his legs during his dash? I mean, there's smoke coming out. I wonder where it's from...

(If you can't figure it out, he's using his Kart from Mario Kart ______ (Insert w/e you want in there)

Darkurai

Smash Master

Bridge of Eldin? What's wrong with using a custom stage specifically designed for this?

thenightsshadow

Smash Rookie
I think it's more like they want a longer stage. Bridge of Eldrin doesn't need to be made and is technically the longest straightway.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised the Pokemon Trainers pokemon are in reverse. The fastest one is the heaviest and the slowest is the lightest...

Top Bottom