• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Only the Multiman theme seems loop-able though.
Can't wait for the youtube quality rips that get uploaded to the site.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I want a loop of the actual main theme and main menu, not the one GuardianSoul did.

Yes, he did a very similar track, but I want the real thing.

soneek

Smash Ace
Some of the Hyrule Warriors songs loop badly, are too quiet, or the loops are too long. Vector Harbor most likely got the music from the GameXplain videos. I'd made an exception for using YouTube videos at this point, since we won't have the game for a month.

In regards to Smash 4 3DS, someone will probably rip the files and put them on FFShrine. Raw files may be leaked as well, so we can wait for those. Smash 4 3DS uses medley's of some of the themes that will be standalone on the Wii U version, so we'll need to start uploading separately for each game.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
In regards to Smash 4 3DS, someone will probably rip the files and put them on FFShrine. Raw files may be leaked as well, so we can wait for those. Smash 4 3DS uses medley's of some of the themes that will be standalone on the Wii U version, so we'll need to start uploading separately for each game.
We should probably clean up the Smash Wii U/3DS section, as there seems to be a lot of junk/multiple uploads/stuff in the wrong section.

Last edited:

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
We should probably clean up the Smash Wii U/3DS section, as there seems to be a lot of junk/multiple uploads/stuff in the wrong section.
Not sure why they uploaded brstm(s) that were already there.
Some of the Hyrule Warriors songs loop badly, are too quiet, or the loops are too long. Vector Harbor most likely got the music from the GameXplain videos. I'd made an exception for using YouTube videos at this point, since we won't have the game for a month.
Yeah, I'm doing a couple brstms on my own because of said reasons, they'll be louder too, and most likely shorter.(Vector Harbor has a knack for making long brstms)
I could update them when I'm finished...

I wonder if there will be an OST...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yesterday, I found out about the 3 samples on smashbros.com. Then I looked at the pending list and nothing was there (of the 3 samples). Then I listened to all 3 of them... then suddenly, 3 BRSTMs of Multi Man Smash were pending.
I then rejected the 2 later ones, simply because "first come, first serve".

And then I trolled you all by putting it on BrawlBRSTMs3.

Oh and.... soneek?

I know how much you care about the site.... so here's a question.

Can you fix it so I can.... um.... how do I put this? Update AND Edit... specific BRSTMs?

Being able to update/edit every BRSTM would be useful, if I was to say, update low quality BRSTMs or something... but there are specific BRSTMs that I would like to be able to update/edit more than others. And these ones, are specifically ones that I uploaded.

So, what I guess I mean to say is... WHY CAN'T I EVEN DO STUFF TO MY OWN BRSTMS? :(

Heck at this rate, it'd be easier to just make me a full mod.... at least we won't have the problem with MK8 again, with some n00b stupidly deleting BRSTMs, when they were clearly supposed to use mine to update those. Or at least not deleting the videos, forcing two videos for certain songs... and stuff.

Last edited:

soneek

Smash Ace
I looped the Mega Man 2 medley so that it loops for only the title screen part. I used the loop that they had in the Smash Bros. Direct, and I believe this will be a Wii U only song. The 3DS has the medley for the title screen, and Wily's castle, which was confirmed today.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So I have a question....

There are a couple of brothers who come from Northern England (they have very strong North English accents, anyway), known online as MrBean35000Vr and Chadderz, who are very happy to upload videos of texture hacks and stuff of Mario Kart 8.... yet apparently, don't want to upload any music because they're worried about getting done by Nintendo for copyright.

Yeah... so, they don't want to upload music.... but, not only are they willing to upload videos of textures... but even hacked textures.... I don't get it.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I expect we'll see some more information (read: trailers etc) at the next Nintendo Direct that's held in Europe and/or US. I'm still wondering what that track is shown in the screenshot for the second DLC pack. It's the one that looks like a woody area, where it turns to the right, with a bridge around the corner. It says "MARIO KART" on the finish line, so it's something to do with Mario Kart.

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
The first thing that came to mind was a Forest Temple or just a forest from The Legend of Zelda, but then I realized it was in the Animal Crossing pack. :p

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
Cool! Plan on uploading to the channel? I've got a couple brstms done, I could update some of them if you'd like. (If I have them, the ones that need to)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I know this is repeating myself. But seriously... I'm just proving my point over and over. If I don't do anything, literally no one does.

And I'm one of those guys who HATES it when people use the word literally, when they mean figuratively. Especially when people say "literally no one". But in this case, it is used correctly. There is literally not one single person who actually cares about the site enough to approve (or reject) any BRSTMs, unless it's their own. Sometimes I don't even approve my own. Simply because..... well I've said it enough times. I'm LITERALLY the only one.

Do you know how much this is being neglected?
46258, 46261 and 46263 are pending songs.
The latest upload is 48622. If your mathematical skills are at least decent, you'll know that there have been 2364 BRSTMs have been uploaded since the oldest BRSTM still pending. To be specific, those three BRSTMs were uploaded in June. Yes, June. There are probably many BRSTMs from June here. This is 3 months worth of BRSTMs that no one is bothering to approve or reject.

"I'm busy" you say.

Yes.... because it's possible to be literally busy for over over 7 million seconds (almost 12 weeks, or around 3 months).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
And what makes it really annoying, is because all mods are lazy *****, I can't upload any BRSTMs, or update any BRSTMs, or even edit BRSTMs.... I assume this is the case for all mods.

I am going to just say one more thing. I will refuse to do anything to the pending list, if the total pending songs exceeds 150. That is, unless I actually feel like sorting through over 200 or more songs (331 in this case), which I don't. So, although no one should have to do everything, everyone, should do something.

Last edited:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Another reason I can't approve as fast is because my internet is ****ty at home. I can check BRSTMs faster when I'm at school because the internet is much better. It loads the songs faster for me to check.

I hate to say this, but should we block uploading for regular members as well until we finish the list? It's just gonna keep piling up.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Another reason I can't approve as fast is because my internet is ****ty at home. I can check BRSTMs faster when I'm at school because the internet is much better. It loads the songs faster for me to check.

I hate to say this, but should we block uploading for regular members as well until we finish the list? It's just gonna keep piling up.
Yeah. I'm not sure of the limit for mods. I think it's something like 150 BRSTMs or more in the pending list before it's blocked. I reckon it should be something like 150 BRSTMs for mods, but even less for anyone else. Like 100. Therefore, if there are less than 100 BRSTMs anyone can upload. If there are more than 100 BRSTMs, only mods can upload. And anything above 150 BRSTMs, and no one uploads. Of course, if there are 99 BRSTMs, and you upload a batch of 70 BRSTMs and you're not a mod, you'd still be able to do that, even though it breaks both the 100 and 150 BRSTM marks (since it only counts if it was already above 100 or 150 BRSTMs).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, soneek? How do I know whether to accept Vector Harbor's BRSTMs? :p

Oh and there are two things that are making me itch with irritating slight annoyance.

Japan have a demo of Smash 4. We probably won't get one.... but that's not really that bad, because it's really only 23 or so days left.

But this is what annoys me.

I bet MrBean and Chadderz are sitting in their rooms listening to some nice quality SFX-less Mario Kart 8 BFSTMs.... and not letting us have them :(

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
One is presently transferring the data of the demonstrative edition of a game, who's nomenclature is described within these following groups of glyphs (or letters), of which the groups are known under the title of "words", of which, these words are known as "Super S---" ah stuff this...

I'm downloading the demo of Smash 3DS :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, so considering Smash 3DS is currently unrippable (according to Seggy and other people) should I just reject those 32000 Hz BRSTMs? There's no proof that the game is 32000Hz anyway. Not only that, if it was converted from YouTube, die. The only good way to get the music is by audio cables. Preferably the "non-white-noise-filled-line-in-cable" method.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Now that I think about it, I should split the game in to two games. Both stages will have different themes for their stages.

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
Please update them.
On it...!
My internet was out of whack for the past couple days... I think it's better now.
EDIT: ...Oh, wow, my net decided freak out as soon I was finished. Great timing! But yeah, I'm done, everything's ready. :p
One thing though, I also have my own custom loop of 'Hard Linked' (Credits theme). Should I update his, upload it differently, or don't even upload it at all? Doesn't matter to me though. ;)
Now that I think about it, I should split the game in to two games. Both stages will have different themes for their stages.
*Both games :p
Yeah, I think that'd be a good idea. Like Sonic Generations. They have different stages anyways. (Except a few, of course)

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of which, should I just reject all of Demonslayerx8's BRSTMs? Two reasons.

32000 Hz (I know what you're going to say).

And some of them are converted from YouTube.

So there are two options.

Wait until someone gets the sound selection CDs. OR just line-in record.... but high quality lossless audio (WAV, or FLAC, etc). I hate it when people use YouTube videos of line-in recordings for BRSTMS, when they could just use the line-in recordings themselves.

But it's not as ridiculously blood-boiling-rage-inducing as people who download a BRSTM, convert to MP3, upload it to YouTube, someone converts back to MP3 (even more loss), and then makes a BRSTM :p

Actually... soneek needs to make it so that people are FORCED to say where they came from. And a SINGLE upload from YouTube conversions results in a warning that they are generally not allowed. And if they continue, eventually they are suspended, with a message saying "If you can make BRSTMs loop properly and upload them, you can read the rules".

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
^ People still do that?

Also, I am now really pissed off. For the first time in what seems like months, the site is having a "suddenly be annoyingly slow time and for a few minutes, could not connect to proxy server or some ****ing ******** ****".

GET A BETTER SERVER AND HOST.

Last edited:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I know we can't rip the 3DS' music at this point, but Soneek said we should hold off on uploads because everyone's gonna use in-line recordings...

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
And? What's wrong with line-in recordings? It was used for Mario Kart 8. Even though that has been ripped (by a bunch of ****ing idiots who won't share them).

Oh and on an unrelated note, BrawlBRSTMs3 is will be terminated today or tomorrow.

The copyright claim will be for a video that was uploaded recently (hours ago), that is not from a video game, because some stupid idiot is purposely trying to get the channel suspended. I give you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz2Y0-XOUwA

Or to put it another way: REMOVE THAT VIDEO RIGHT NOW OR I WILL MANUALLY REJECT EVERY PENDING UPLOAD, AND DELETE ALL EXISTING UPLOADS! IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CHANNEL, YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE SITE. OTHERWISE, MAYBE ONE OF YOU ****ING LAZY ***** YOU CALL "MODS" WOULD ACTUALLY TRY DOING THE PENDING LIST, MAYBE MORE THAN ONCE EVERY SIX MONTHS! AND WHEN YOU DO, SOME **** DECIDES TO APPROVE SOMETHING THAT'S CLEARLY NOT ALLOWED, AND THEN YOU GET A **** THAT UPLOADS SOMETHING FROM A ****ING TV SHOW!

Last edited:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well ****. We gotta get to the Youtube channel PRONTO.

I'd delete it from the Youtube account manually, BUT I CAN'T VERIFY MYSELF

Last edited:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Why the **** would I want to sabotage the site?

Besides, I contacted soneek and he removed the video. Thank god.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Soneek has, basically, said that line-in rips are acceptable, only if they are digital and have no white noise. Therefore, if anyone finds any digital or noiseless rips of Smash 3DS, he more or less said this is OK. Or specifically said something along the lines of "use your own judgement", i.e. if it sounds good quality for you, use it. Just as long as it's not analogue with white noise.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Not a bad idea. Gotta listen closely if I hear a BRSTM with white noise.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I also need to ask soneek something. I edited a BRSTM's title and description, but it's not updating the YouTube video. In queue.php, it says it failed authentication. Here's the output (the password has been 'starred' for obvious reasons):

Creating a new YouTube object for song 48876 and user brawlbrstms3.
Attempting to authenticate user brawlbrstms3... Failed to authenticate.
exception 'Zend_Gdata_App_AuthException' with message 'Authentication with Google failed. Reason: BadAuthentication' in /var/www/ytapi/library/Zend/Gdata/ClientLogin.php:175
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/classes/class.youtube.php(96): Zend_Gdata_ClientLogin::getHttpClient('brawlbrstms3@gm...', '***************...', 'youtube', NULL, 'Brawl Custom Mu...', NULL, NULL, 'https://www.goo...')
#1 /var/www/classes/class.youtube.php(118): youtube->authenticateYT()
#2 /var/www/classes/class.youtube.php(317): youtube->checkauth()
#3 /var/www/internal/ytfunctions.php(105): youtube->updateVideo()
#4 /var/www/internal/ytfunctions.php(34): updateVideo('48876', 'brawlbrstms3')
#5 {main}
Failed to authenticate.
exception 'Zend_Gdata_App_AuthException' with message 'Authentication with Google failed. Reason: BadAuthentication' in /var/www/ytapi/library/Zend/Gdata/ClientLogin.php:175
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/classes/class.youtube.php(96): Zend_Gdata_ClientLogin::getHttpClient('brawlbrstms3@gm...', '***************...', 'youtube', NULL, 'Brawl Custom Mu...', NULL, NULL, 'https://www.goo...')
#5 {main}
Failed to authenticate.
Stack trace:
#5 {main}
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function setConfig() on a non-object in /var/www/classes/class.youtube.php on line 105

Fatal error: Call to a member function setConfig() on a non-object in /var/www/classes/class.youtube.php on line 105

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OH for ****'s sake!

THANK YOU YOU MOTHER****ING **** THAT ****ING UPLOADED THAT STUPID ****ING SOUTH PARK VIDEO!
I BET YOU'RE THE SAME PRICK THAT DELETED THOSE MARIO KART 8 BRSTMS FOR NO REASON! IT'S A REAL STRANGE COINCIDENCE THAT EVEN MONTHS AFTER IT HAPPENS, YOU STILL HAVE NOT SHOWN THE ****ING DECENCY TO OWN UP TO YOUR ****ING TROLLING! WHOEVER YOU ARE, I HOPE SONEEK DOESN'T JUST DEMOTE YOU TO A NORMAL MEMBER, BUT ACTUALLY COMPLETELY BANS YOU FROM THE SITE ALTOGETHER!

MOST LIKELY BECAUSE OF THAT ****ING SOUTH PARK VIDEO, SONEEK HAS CLEARLY CHANGED THE CODE SO THAT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CAN HAPPEN ON BRAWLBRSTMS3!

I TRIED ADDING A VIDEO!

GUESS WHAT?

****ING AUTHENTICATION FAILED!

WHOEVER YOU ARE THAT UPLOADED THAT SOUTH PARK VIDEO IN THE FIRST PLACE:

GET THE **** ON THIS ****ING THREAD AND EXPLAIN PRECISELY WHAT THE **** YOU THINK YOU ARE PLAYING AT!!!!

It's no wonder Segtendo couldn't be authenticated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom