• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Composer Kenichi Ōkuma has Passed Away

Brawl_Opening_Background.jpg

Composer and musician Kenichi Ōkuma sadly passed away from esophageal cancer on July 22nd. He was 56 years old and worked on three songs for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He arranged the Pokémon Gym / Evolution and Gyromite remixes, as well as composed the track Flat Zone 2. These songs would later be reused in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Smash Bros. series creator Masahiro Sakurai expressed his condolences in a tweet that he will pray for Mr. Ōkuma and thanked him for his work.

Author's Note: When we play games it can be easy to forget that everything in it is made by someone, but whenever I hear his songs playing I will not be forgetting that. I wish his family the best and may he rest in peace.

Credits:
Writing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Top Bottom