• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

homsar

Smash Ace
Really? I never had this happen unless i didn't notice
I just realized Im using a different version of the longer replays code. For me if the match is over three minutes it doesn't show the press Z to save replay icon but I can still press Z to save. Also, mines only 1 line:

040EB804 60000000

homsar

Smash Ace
Whats bad about it? Ive never encountered any problems.

EDIT: Cause ya know, if there is no evidence that its worse or its something I can deal with Id rather have that 2 extra lines open.

Revven

FrankerZ
Whats bad about it? Ive never encountered any problems.

EDIT: Cause ya know, if there is no evidence that its worse or its something I can deal with Id rather have that 2 extra lines open.
It's not worse, it just lacks the ability to see that you can save the replay and the ability to save longer replays in other modes (like HRC and Target Smash) those are what the extra two lines are for. Otherwise, there aren't any other differences that make either or bad.

kupo15

Smash Hero
It's not worse, it just lacks the ability to see that you can save the replay and the ability to save longer replays in other modes (like HRC and Target Smash) those are what the extra two lines are for. Otherwise, there aren't any other differences that make either or bad.
Is that so? nevermind then

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Any space difference for 2 lines? I thought I'd be able to hack the Wii today but the guy who had the Wii was being an ******* about it. He said he wanted to play ToS (we had a GCN in the room he could have played on instead).

And why would you ever need more than 3 minutes for HRC or Target Test? You must have hit that bag really far if you need 3 minutes to record it.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Any space difference for 2 lines? I thought I'd be able to hack the Wii today but the guy who had the Wii was being an ******* about it. He said he wanted to play ToS (we had a GCN in the room he could have played on instead).

And why would you ever need more than 3 minutes for HRC or Target Test? You must have hit that bag really far if you need 3 minutes to record it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XSYHZE7d1o8

That answer your question?

Osi

Smash Ace
I would really like a SBR group/committee to decide the standard rule set for us. Right now it seems pretty divided, and having some TO/senior smash community people just sit down and hammer out a list would help. I know that no one wants to hand it over to others to decide, but the arguments are just going in circles. I'd like the large codes to be locked in so we can discuss balance and begin to show a concrete new brawl rather than some random shifting group of codes no one has settled on. We can't show solidarity in the new brawl to the current melee/brawl groups when we don't have any sort of standard.

I'm mostly concerned with them settling:
MAD or BAD
what hitstun we should use
gravity on normal or higher
what lag cancel code will be the standard(s)

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I would really like a SBR group/committee to decide the standard rule set for us. Right now it seems pretty divided, and having some TO/senior smash community people just sit down and hammer out a list would help. I know that no one wants to hand it over to others to decide, but the arguments are just going in circles. I'd like the large codes to be locked in so we can discuss balance and begin to show a concrete new brawl rather than some random shifting group of codes no one has settled on. We can't show solidarity in the new brawl to the current melee/brawl groups when we don't have any sort of standard.

MAD or BAD
those are all the codes :laugh:

kangaroo

Smash Cadet

MAD or BAD
I agree even though I think it's too early to have a standard for brawl+. If a standard is to be created now, it would have to be done by a relatively small group of people instead of the community (since we have no community). If a group of people should be making these decisions, it should be the SBR. I'm almost certain I wouldn't agree with everything they decide but if I had to accept a standard, it would be theirs.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
I don't think a standard should be even thought about until every major code we want is released. It'd be like the SBR declaring Brawl's tier list without having unlocked any of the hidden characters.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Well after playing with this for a while, I came to the conclusion that I once again hate auto L cancelling, I'd rather use the current manual one than this crap. xD

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
The window on the current code is too large to avoid telegraphing the hell out of any air moves, effectively nullifying any advantage really gained by using it. Either the window needs to be changed or stick to auto IMO. I'd like to actually test them all against real people for once before completely disregarding any of them as unusable however.

Revven

FrankerZ
You guys should find the code to enter the debug mode.
The debug menu is completely nonexistent in Brawl. When people haxed the ISO or disk rather, the folder called "debug" was completely empty. Even when you try to hack with WiiRD and try to get it to work that way, it doesn't. Sakurai removed the debug menu clean from the Brawl disk AND from memory. They knew about what we were doing with Melee to have done this.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Soo bored waiting on these codes plus I never have anyone to play on Brawl+, you guys really should come to the Brawl+ Xat chat more for games. I'll be on later today.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
I've got a question about Brawl+. We all know Brawl has unnaturally ridiculous input buffering for turning around. You could hold to the left about 3 seconds before hitting the ground and for some reason the game thinks you clearly weren't just trying to DI to the left, it thinks you want to turn to face left as soon as you land. Anyway, my question is: Does this fact make the wavedashing in Brawl+ stupid? it seems like every time you wavedash you'd have to turn to face the direction you WD'd. Is this not the case or is there a code to fix the input buffering? I would prefer the latter because I hate the buffering in Brawl, but I'm just curious.

Revven

FrankerZ
I've got a question about Brawl+. We all know Brawl has unnaturally ridiculous input buffering for turning around. You could hold to the left about 3 seconds before hitting the ground and for some reason the game thinks you clearly weren't just trying to DI to the left, it thinks you want to turn to face left as soon as you land. Anyway, my question is: Does this fact make the wavedashing in Brawl+ stupid? it seems like every time you wavedash you'd have to turn to face the direction you WD'd. Is this not the case or is there a code to fix the input buffering? I would prefer the latter because I hate the buffering in Brawl, but I'm just curious.
If you mean whether or not whenever you WD backwards/forwards depending on where you're facing you turn around in the direction you didn't want to? If so... then no, that won't happen. When you WD backwards, you still face forward, the only time you'll actually turn around during it is if you tilt the joystick back/forward (depending on where you're facing) will you turn around (after you've done the diagonally down part). You can keep WDing back and forth and still face forward...

I'm hoping that's what you meant anyway... >_>

SGX

Smash Journeyman
I think this game plays atrociously without Auto-L cancel. I really don't see why you would hate it.

I played codeless Brawl last night at a friend's house and I almost threw up a little bit. =p

I think it's hard to agree on any standards right now. I definitely think we should use somewhere around 11-11.5% hitstun, although other codes introduced later on may change the value slightly.

I don't think we should use gravity mods until we can increase jump height. Some characters get nerfed by gravity way more.

I like MAD, as do a lot of people, but I will agree that it takes up too many lines of code. Slower characters need this to get inside. Maybe they won't need it once we get momentum jumping and other codes.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I completely agree, Brawl's buffer system is pretty **** annoying, especially when you try to SHFFL and the fast fall makes you crouch upon landing.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I think this game plays atrociously without Auto-L cancel. I really don't see why you would hate it.

I played codeless Brawl last night at a friend's house and I almost threw up a little bit. =p

I think it's hard to agree on any standards right now. I definitely think we should use somewhere around 11-11.5% hitstun, although other codes introduced later on may change the value slightly.

I don't think we should use gravity mods until we can increase jump height. Some characters get nerfed by gravity way more.

I like MAD, as do a lot of people, but I will agree that it takes up too many lines of code. Slower characters need this to get inside. Maybe they won't need it once we get momentum jumping and other codes.
With Auto L cancel on I can't do my combo's with Mario because it automatically L cancels my U airs when I don't want it too because I need that little bit of lag to stay in flow with my combo instead of guessing when to stop then go again. Really, it sucks. If I don't want my arieal canceled then I shouldn't have to have it canceled.

Finns7

Smash Ace

SGX

Smash Journeyman
With Auto L cancel on I can't do my combo's with Mario because it automatically L cancels my U airs when I don't want it too because I need that little bit of lag to stay in flow with my combo instead of guessing when to stop then go again. Really, it sucks. If I don't want my arieal canceled then I shouldn't have to have it canceled.
I don't really think that specific scenario negates all the other usefulness of Auto-L. It really just feels like a chore to have to cancel every single aerial.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Ganon needs brawls buffer system kinda though with his follow ups to sideB

When I wavedash I got annoyed by it turning me around but then I realized it was my analog input, sometimes I use the turnaround to my advantage though it can be very useful.

Sloppy vids and sloppy recording but it has some good moments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r5bQ2sqTwU To much talking at the start so I put majoras mask music over it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuGplMzjf0o&feature=channel
YES!!! SUCK IT TOON LINK @w@ really cool matches man. Loved the backwards WDed fsmash near the middle. Nice to see a match were the better char doesnt always win LINK FTW!!!

EDIT: oh hell yeah spartan kick finisher. kick that little poser out of hyrule.

Osi

Smash Ace
The first song is "Super Ko Rider" from the beck OST, and the second is "Snapped" from Air Gear.

Good call on the Beat Crusaders! ^^

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I don't really think that specific scenario negates all the other usefulness of Auto-L. It really just feels like a chore to have to cancel every single aerial.
It throws all my combo's off and screws me over. I really don't see how that's useful.

Revven

FrankerZ
Is there any other place with Brawl codes? Like the moveset switching ones. I want to have some fun trying those out.
Here

It throws all my combo's off and screws me over. I really don't see how that's useful.
Get used to it, people who complain about not being able to do something that they could do before should practice to do it with the new Auto-L cancel. It CAN'T change the double Uair THAT drastically...

Top Bottom