• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Beta Elements List-First Post Majorly Updated 7/26/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
Mugshot size for Brawl depends on the number of characters on the screen.
In the final release, they normally were big, but the more characters that were unlocked, the smaller they became.
Oh yeah- I unlocked all the characters the first week I got it, so I don't remember. :chuckle:

EDIT: Lucario has a beta charge animation?

Apparently, he charged the Aura Sphere in front of him before?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
It explains why the AI so sparingly uses Banana Toss, too.

PerfectedIdiot2 and I theorycrafted a few things based on the ID numbers of victory themes.
The gaps do confirm that there was supposed to be a victory theme for every character (09 and 12 are missing, Luigi and Jiggs respectively)

Also to note...Z01 to Z45 seemed to be "reserved" for Nintendo characters, as ROB (Z35) is the last before Snake (Z46). Also to note, apparently there were supposed to be 4 third party characters. Z50 is the Game Over theme, and Z48 and Z49 are empty.

Now let's take a look at our current CSS. 9x4. With the new 49-char one, we have 10x5 (random would still go in the Third-Party Column).

Just fun little facts. They were probably going to be Square, Konami, Sega, Capcom (Geno, Snake, Sonic, and Megaman). Square wanted lots of money that Sakurai didn't want to afford, so Geno was scrapped, and they never go in touch with Capcom.

Again, all just theories, but it's interesting to see.

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
Some acutal beta stuff.

-Earthbound and Fire Emblem were supposed to be in Masterpieces. (Duh)
-Pichu also has textures for opening and closing its mouth.
-Bowser Jr's Trophy also has blinking textures.
-Dread Kong is one of the 38 beta trophies

If people can keep looking, we can find out the other 37. I'll be looking.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I think Earthbound is in the Japanese version of the game.

UberMario

Smash Master
Despite the fact that people want to believe that A12 [Mori No Kinoko, which translates to Mushroom Forest] is Beware the Forest Mushrooms from Super Mario RPG, I honestly don't thnk that is it because they would try to get licensing from Square before even considering it, which is why I believe it is the song In the Mushroom Forest from the first Mario Party.

Also, here's a copy-and-paste of the "full" list of unused tracks in Brawl, note that Wild Trax is Stunt Race FX in the US (and was the first 3D home race game made by Nintendo) and the W22 is most likely Saria's Song because in a beta screenshot from Nintendo it was listed as a song to play on Hyrule Temple:

snd_bgm_X12_SIMPLEINTRO (Classic Mode Intro)
snd_bgm_X14_ENDING (Classic Mode Ending)
snd_bgm_X24_HOW2PLAY (How to Play)
snd_bgm_A11_MLRPG02 (Another piece from one of the Mario & Luigi RPGs)
snd_bgm_A12_MORINOKINOKO ("Mori no kinoko" = Mushroom Forest...which game? Could it be...SMRPG?!)
snd_bgm_C06_KAZENOSAKANA (Ballad of the Windfish)
snd_bgm_E04_COOKIE (Yoshi's Cookie)
snd_bgm_G06_COMMAND (Star Fox: Command)
snd_bgm_J01_STAGECHANGE (No idea...maybe BGM for when Castle Siege changes forms?)
snd_bgm_J05_ERABARESHI (Erabareshimono = "The Chosen One(s)")
snd_bgm_K02_SENTOUONIISAN (Battle with Masked Man from MOTHER 3)
snd_bgm_K03_EIGHTMELODIES (Eight Melodies from EarthBound)
snd_bgm_K04_SMILEANDTEARS (Smiles and Tears from EarthBound)
snd_bgm_K06_BECAUSE (Because I Love You from EarthBound)
snd_bgm_M14_WARIOSTAGE (Another Microgame$ tune)
snd_bgm_N04_RADIOTAISO ("Radio Taisou" = Radio Exercises)
snd_bgm_Q03_SPORTSMEDLEY (Soccer / Baseball / etc. on the NES, probably)
snd_bgm_R01_WILDTRACKS (No clue...)
snd_bgm_S01_MAINTHEME (MGS Main Theme...no doubt taken out of the main game because of the composition controversy)
snd_bgm_S09_BEATMANIA (MGS music from Beatmania?)
snd_bgm_T04_HOWTOPLAY (Original "How to Play" music?)
snd_bgm_U05_UCANDO ("You Can Do It"...? Probably another vocal track.)
snd_bgm_W22_DX55 (The missing Melee track...Fourside?)
snd_bgm_Y06_ADV06 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y12_ADV12 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y18_ADV18 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y19_ADV19 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y20_ADV20 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y21_ADV21 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y22_ADV22 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y23_ADV23 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y24_ADV24 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y25_ADV25 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y26_ADV26 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y27_ADV27 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y28_ADV28 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y29_ADV29 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y30_ADV30 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Z09_FLUIGI (Luigi's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z12_FKUOPA (Bowser's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z13_FPEACH (Peach's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z14_FZELDA (Zelda's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z15_FSHEIK (Sheik's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z19_FFALCO (Falco's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z20_FGANON (Ganondorf's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z24_FZEROSAMUS (ZSS's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z26_FLUCAS (Lucas' Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z27_FDIDDY (Diddy's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z28_FPOKETRAINER (Pokemon Trainer's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z32_FDEDEDE (King Dedede's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z33_FLICARIO (Lucario's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z34_FIKE (Ike's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z37_FPURIN (Jigglypuff's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z38_FMYU2 (Mewtwo's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z39_FROY (Roy's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z41_FTOONLINK (Toon Link's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z52_JCLEAR1 (Some accomplishment music...probably for clearing a stage / event)
snd_bgm_Z53_JCLEAR2 (More accomplishment music)

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Couldn't the "Mushroom Forest" music track be the music from the first stage of the game Sonic & Knuckles called "Mushroom Forest"? The tracks from the first stages of three of the four Sonic main series games on the SEGA Genesis are present in the game (Green Hill Zone, Emerald Hill Zone, Angel Island Zone) but Sonic & Knuckles first stage music is the one that is missing.

UberMario

Smash Master
Couldn't the "Mushroom Forest" music track be the music from the first stage of the game Sonic & Knuckles called "Mushroom Forest"? The tracks from the first stages of three of the four Sonic main series games on the SEGA Genesis are present in the game (Green Hill Zone, Emerald Hill Zone, Angel Island Zone) but Sonic & Knuckles first stage music is the one that is missing.
No, because all the series have codenames. All of the Mario songs start with the letter "A". whereas Sonic's starts with the letter "U".

The codenames are as follows:

A = Mario
B = Donkey Kong
C = Legend of Zelda
D = Metroid
E = Yoshi
F = Kirby
G = Star Fox
H = Pokemon
I = F-Zero
J = Fire Emblem
K = Mother/Earthbound
L = Pikmin
M = WarioWare
N = Animal Crossing
P = Kid Icarus
Q = Misc. Minor CLASSIC Series (ones that only got one or two songs in the game at most, i.e. Tetris or Ice Climbers)
R = Misc. Minor MODERN Series (Similar to Q, but has songs like from Wii Sports and Golden Sun)
S = Metal Gear
T = Final Destination/Battlefield songs (Don't ask why this is seperated from the other brawl/melee smash songs, it only consists of FD (Brawl), the Melee Intro remix, the SSB Credits, and BF (Brawl), Giga Bowser and the rest are oddly listed elsewhere so I don't get the point of this)
U = Sonic the Hedgehog
W = Melee Songs
X = Brawl Songs
Y = Subspace Emissary Songs
Z = Victory Themes and other Miscelaneous (the misc. consists of five fanfares, the game over theme, and continue theme used in Classic Mode)

Note how O and V are absent. This can either be interpreted as two series being scrapped entirely or simply to make it easier to read. (V being to close in appearance to U and O to Q)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
lol that's the death explosion not the triforce final slash.

also lucario's sideb was meant to grab in the air. but it was disabled because, unlike melee, you can't drag people through walls with grabs, they stay up top and you grab release.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
In FitWarioMotionEtc.pac you will find the model for a bulb of garlic. I don't believe this is used in the game. What was that intended to do, give him bad breath? That's just silly, garlic is delicious!

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but if you open the CD trophy with BrawlBox, you will see unused CD textures. They are:

- ItmCd_starfox - Starfox Assault
- ItmCd_yossy - A Yoshi game for the N64 (No name on DISC)
- ItmCd_zelda - Legend of Zelda N64

You can use these textures in game, simply by porting them over the default boring blank CD textures.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
From what I heard, Sonic was added in at the end of June 2007. That could have been just a rumor, and it was at that time, but iirc I remember around the release of Brawl that it was confirmed, but I can't remember quiet where.
Sakurai said that everyone except Sonic was added in 2006. It's likely he was added in 2007.

If anyone has an image of the hurt Plusle & Minun eyes I'd love to see it, also you should probably post the pics for Marth, Ike, and Meta Knight's damaged swords, I've seen them before, but I don't remember where . . . .

Also, Fox and Falco have unused animations where they look behind them in both directions while taking out their gun (as in they take it out of their holders, the animation doesn't start with them out so this is later than the "gun-out-at-all-times" beta. (They act like they hear something flying from above, here is the link to the video for proof . )

EDIT: On second thought, these might actually be the beta misfire, it doesn't explode, but they shoot and act all surprised when nothing happens. Honestly glad they scrapped misfires to be honest.
Seeing as they had their blasters out at all times, I think ti may have been that you could knock it out of their hands and you had to pick it up (like Balrog from the Street Fighter series). It makes more sense as their animation has them looking around for it.

tekkie

Smash Master
i had a question

there is no known video of wolf's kick jab that i can find. i understand this might not be the place to search but how is the model/animation hacking done to see this in action?

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
i had a question

there is no known video of wolf's kick jab that i can find. i understand this might not be the place to search but how is the model/animation hacking done to see this in action?
Open up a Wolf costume and his animation pac in Brawlbox. Click on Attack 100.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I'll be doing another huge list update soon. I set a half hour to an hour aside for the last major update and plan to do it again for this update.
Anything people want to see in this one? Citation, ect?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
This list has bothered me for quite a while. Seeing as quite a bit of it is wrong or not backed up with sources, I'm going to go through them and say which ones are right. :|

DIXIE KONG: She has been confirmed to have been intended for the game by Sakurai himself. Originally, Diddy swapped placed with Dixie for his down B.
I want a source for this one. >.>
Global: Almost every character looked much, much better. This is evidenced by early trailers and images.
wat
Diddy: Originally, Diddy swapped placed with Dixie for his down B.
As stated before, I want sources on this.
Kirby: Kirby has an unused file that's title hints that he was originally going to be able to swallow Giga Bowser.
He was also meant to swallow warioman. He has a file that backs it up in the kirby folder. FitKirbyWarioMan.
Mario: Trailer 2-Different looking Down Air Smash.
What the heck is a "Down Air Smash"? >_>
-Reading main.dol you can find some extra stages:
st_croll
st_tbreak
st_croll is the credits screen after classic. st_tbreak is target break. lol.
-There are several unused music tracks in the game. Merely thier names excist, and the tracks easily could have never excisted.
Source please.
-There is data for a Ridley assist trophy. It was likely unused because Ridley is a boss in the SSE
Source please.
-A video called "game intro" is found in the ISO. It included different clips of the Subspace Emissary, and it also had the Super Smash Bros. Brawl theme song menu version, rather then the version with the opera singers in the background.
No there is not. Go check the iso or the mediafire link with the files.
-Brawl used to have a lot more hitstun.
Source please.

After reading your entire post on this, you really need sources for pretty much everything. Seeing most of these are wrong:

>mfw

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
This list has bothered me for quite a while. Seeing as quite a bit of it is wrong or not backed up with sources, I'm going to go through them and say which ones are right. :|

I want a source for this one. >.>

wat

As stated before, I want sources on this.

He was also meant to swallow warioman. He has a file that backs it up in the kirby folder. FitKirbyWarioMan.

What the heck is a "Down Air Smash"? >_>

st_croll is the credits screen after classic. st_tbreak is target break. lol.

Source please.

Source please.

No there is not. Go check the iso or the mediafire link with the files.

Source please.

After reading your entire post on this, you really need sources for pretty much everything. Seeing most of these are wrong:

>mfw
In order:
Famitsu and the ISO
The original Smash Bros. website, before the big change in May 2007.
Famitsu (Sakurai did an interview)
I'll add that about the Warioman thing.
I'll have to re look that up.
Lol I knew that one but i guess I forgot to take it out in the last major edit.
I forget the source, but I know someone has to have it, its more well known as far as the beta elements go.
The folder for assist trophies, I believe. I could go back and check if needed, but the file is on there.
I am wrong on that one, yes.
I might be wrong, gameplay.

Sir, I assure you many of these have sources.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
zomfg bump.

While perhaps not directly related to Brawl itself, the first trailer has Melee Link running at the beginning:

This animation is not the one used in Melee. Which means they changed it for some reason.

However, it's also not the one used in Brawl.

It looks like he has his Brawl run by trailer 2, though.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
st if you look at the one trailer linked in the op you can tell that there was easily much much more hitstun in brawl originally

with that said, neontogepi, i'd really appreciate it if you could track down the other trailers so we could pore over them for other beta elements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom