• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl at Skynet Gaming - Grand Rapids, MI

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I still don't understand. Who is Gifts driving to this? I was under the impression that is was Gifts/Tech/Roller/Zino, are you not going Roller?

I'm going to try and get my local group of buddies to get to this.

Me and Ally are going double Falcon and winning since MK isn't legal to stop us :troll:

Syrensilly

Smash Cadet
"um does the tournament have to start this late? Im sure we won't get 30 teams for doubles and singles could start way earlier depending on the entrants."

We're going to be doing setups starting at 10am. Please also keep in mind that the venue hosts an all nighter on Friday nights that runs until 8am, so they pretty much have time to clean and have people coming back in.

I've had it posted long enough that I don't think changing singles tourney times 1 week out would be fair to those that looked up the info and made plans weeks ago. ;(

In good news, we finally got smarter than a bunch of conditional logic. Registration online is live. Even if you aren't planning on saving a couple bucks and pre-registering online, please at least fill out the main page for the survey info so I can get the final results on stage bans. -thanks
http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1198101-TNhAq2UMM3

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I pre-registered, got timed out the first time (just FYI in case my survey went through twice).

I'll bring my Wii, do you think I'd be able to snag one of the big TVs in the front again (the two that are facing the glass case)?

Also, is the card shop going to be open or are you going to put everything away like last time? I want to pick up a few things in case I don't stop by anytime before the tourney.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Also, is the card shop going to be open or are you going to put everything away like last time? I want to pick up a few things in case I don't stop by anytime before the tourney.
This. Id like to see your prices on certain things and possibly get a few cards.

:phone:

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I only have a standard deck sadly. But ill bring it for sure.

I also have a semi proxied deck that i am making for standard if youd like to play against that. Just need to get a few things to finish it but i dont have the money/i am borrowing some cards from friends.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I only have a standard deck sadly. But ill bring it for sure.

I also have a semi proxied deck that i am making for standard if youd like to play against that. Just need to get a few things to finish it but i dont have the money/i am borrowing some cards from friends.

o

I have two unfinished "Legacy" decks. I'll probably bring a casual deck with me too. Haven't been too interested in playing standard ;(

Syrensilly

Smash Cadet
I just talked to the guys that run BKG (the MTG stuff) and yes, they will be here and with full inventory. I saw the link above with their card prices and availability. Depending on individual interests, they have also started into Warhammer.

Lord helmat, got your reg in ;)

Please even if you choose not to fully pre-register, at least take a minute to fill out the 1st form so we can get a general consensus on the stage bans.
http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1198101-TNhAq2UMM3

I'm still needing some setups, and there has been some re-arranging, but yes there will be room on the 2 older TV's. If you are planning on bringing one, please fill out the main registration page so I can get a better count.

rsr2

Smash Lord
I will bring my Standard, my modern, and my Legacy deck with me <3

I will also Bring Ascension too. If you don't know what that is, look it up. It's a pretty fun game for 2-4 players.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I'll probably go to this, but I don't like the pre-registration system. If I pay early and for some reason can't make it, I've just wasted $15. But if I think I can't go and figure out that I can I have to pay $18 =/.

Roller

Smash Legend
Julian, it's not like they are raising prices for those who just show up. They are LOWERING them for those who can confirm early. Either way, whether you get the venue fee reduced or not. It's still cheaper than virtually every other tourney.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I will bring my Standard, my modern, and my Legacy deck with me <3

I will also Bring Ascension too. If you don't know what that is, look it up. It's a pretty fun game for 2-4 players.
Dominion tho... :(

I guess Ascension is good too.

And yess finally someone else who plays standard.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Julian, it's not like they are raising prices for those who just show up. They are LOWERING them for those who can confirm early. Either way, whether you get the venue fee reduced or not. It's still cheaper than virtually every other tourney.
True, didn't think of it that way and it is still cheaper than everything else lol.

rsr2

Smash Lord
I've been playing Standard for 7 years. However right now, I play mono red because it is cheap and also I haven't really been able to play Standard. However SCG Detroit is going to be hype in June! <3

and yes I know. The shop here doesn't have Domnion or I would've bought that instead. >_>

Roller

Smash Legend
I played Standard for about 6 years back in the day. But buying/trading for one $300+ deck after another with each rotation, in addition to going to all the tourneys and whatnot got to be expensive.

Especially with FNM and most pre-releases and stuff paying out in packs...

Top Bottom