• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl anecdotes or: Stupid things we say while playing SSBB.

Prince of Pain

Smash Rookie
Most of my friends are familiar with the term "pulling a Barrett" which is something done by my friend, who's name is, of course, Barrett. It means to turn off/unplug whatever electronic system is being used when you don't get your way, often used by him to get me off of Halo/Starcraft and go somewhere with him.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
When I'm getting my but wooped in a combo, then Iget hit by a powerful move,then I trip and get killed, I say "The ****ing trifecta!"

Superperson

Smash Rookie
"Wish you were here!": Whenever I use Snake's Up-B and go offscreen.
"Yay! Next-gen!": Whenever online lag gets unbearable.
"**** YOU WARIO!": Whenever he yells through my Wiimote on the WarioWare stage.

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
Wolf: "What's the matter? Scared?" said after fair'ing my friend to death. He goes, "Dang skippy I'm scared." Then proceeds to smack the controller out of my hands and ko me...Not really funny but I still want to hurt him for that.

Also, "Your mom ______"(as in say one of us says 'I just got owned by my own bomb' you'd reply 'Your mom got owned by your own bomb." They come out to be quite funny sometimes) or "Your face!" are often used down here.

Smash Journeyman
Whenever my friend is fighting his brother when he's playing Shiek he tells him to "grow some she breasts". And whenever I get the Landmaster I yell "Landmolester", in the Japanese version Fox kinda sounds like he's saying that when he activates his FS.

Dabble

Smash Cadet
Ness' "okay" taunt: "I'M A VIRGIN!"

Everytime I do a spike: "I BE DUH PAPPEH!"

Ice Climbers hand touch animation: "WONDER TWIN POWERS, ACTIVATE! FORM OF, INCESTIAL ****** MOUNTAIN FAMILY."

Mario's FS: "MICROSOOOOOOOFT!"

Olimar's FS: "Too infinity, AND BEYOND!"

I have more, but I will post them later.
OMG the Ice climber's thing...XD

I love you Lavis.

Val0r

Smash Rookie
"Captain Buttsex" for Falcon's pink and white outfit....
"Why do you play all your characters green?" "For the republic." :)

Or when i wear my "Tires Don Exits" t-shirt, and play primarily with Ness and Ganon.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Ok, this is a weird one. I have a friend who is in no way, shape, or form, a Smash expert. He doesn't know any of the memes we on Smashboards use, but hes ended up using them by accident.

1) Nintendog on the screen. After trying to hit him despite being unable to see him, I yell out "Where the **** are you?!" He comes back with, "I'm, uh, down here by that chimera thingy. I'm, uh, chargin' my laser."
2) After tripping an unusual amount of times in a match, he finally says "Oh my god. Whoever made this game is a freaking idiot." I say, "You mean Masahiro Sakurai?" He just nods and keeps playing. The first time he trips in the next game he yells, "SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIII!"

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Haha... oh man, so, we're playing a FFA on Halberd with Link, Pit, Cpt. Falcon and Ike. I have the replay because it was one of the best matches ever. So, the guy playing Falcon decides he wants to **** with our heads, so he starts laying out the Falcon Punches as fast as he can. He misses with almost every one of them, but gets enough kills to go into Sudden Death with Ike. Ike is like, 'Oh, here we go, *****!' He goes for the F-Smash, but because the stage drops a bit when it loads, the F-Smash whiffs. Unbeknownst to the rest of us, Ike's F-Smash moves his body just forward enough to be in Falcon's range... and a lone Falcon Punch connects for the kill.

Everyone in the rooms is laughing and screaming bloody murder, but below the furor a lone voice is heard... "You've gotta be ****ing kidding me."

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
Some things my friends and I say when we do 1v1s.
"ROB runs over b!tches." in a robot voice
"I don't even know why I play this stupid game."
"REJECTED!"

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I've got a buddy that watches us play from time to time, and everytime Luigi does his dash attack, you can count on hearing "Windmill! Windmill!" off in the background.

Not the funniest thing I've heard, but it still makes me chuckle.

JusticeWillPrevail

Smash Cadet
Whenever I play with Ness and do his "Okay!" taunt my one friend swears he is saying "Badobaday"
Also when I was playing my one friend as Ike and I beat him in a close match I threw my controller at the ground and said "You'll get no sympathy from me....b***h" In an emotionless tone.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Ike taunt "GETTING PISSED OFF"
Peach's side B "How do you defeat an aass so great?"
Peach's taunt "....Peach is a b*tch"
Diddy's side B "WOW! Diddy literally ***** FACE!"

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can't say that this was said in game, but it was definitely done in AIM after some online play I had vs. my friend. A little background, I was Ganondorf and he was Peach and for his last stock, I Ganocided him in a blaze of glory...the following conversation followed :

JumpTables : AHAHAAHAHAHA! What was that ****?!
Krynnkid2 : You got FACED!
JumpTables : KORREKCT
JumpTables : for nothing is as joyous and causes the clapping of hands and joyous cries like the FACE
Krynnkid2 : So true
JumpTables : there is truly nothing greater
JumpTables : than grabbing someone by the face
JumpTables : what transpires afterwards is somewhat irrelevant
JumpTables : you just grabbed them by the fACE
JumpTables : that's all anyone needs to know
Krynnkid2 : True...but plummeting them and yourself into oblivion after FACEing them is highly artistic and visually pleasing
JumpTables : hahaha yes
JumpTables : quite visually pleasing
Krynnkid2 : and as we all know...ganondorf is a great admirer of the Arts
JumpTables : it's like "come hither, there is a beautiful void I would like you to meet"
Krynnkid2 : Lol
Krynnkid2 : Awesome
JumpTables : "verily kind sir, I am most appreciative, but must I be dragged into said void by the face? Might not you transport me through some other means?"
JumpTables : "NAY good sir, for the face is indeed the most optimal vehicle for moving the body"
JumpTables : "likewise, it clears the face of toxins, and volatile humors"
JumpTables : "ah, well under such circumstances, I am not sure if I could refuse such an offer!"
JumpTables : "this is most just and stellar, for you were not given a choice!"
JumpTables : "FACE!"

(we now scream FACE everytime someone gets Ganocided)

RetroRhythm

Smash Apprentice
Haha... oh man, so, we're playing a FFA on Halberd with Link, Pit, Cpt. Falcon and Ike. I have the replay because it was one of the best matches ever. So, the guy playing Falcon decides he wants to **** with our heads, so he starts laying out the Falcon Punches as fast as he can. He misses with almost every one of them, but gets enough kills to go into Sudden Death with Ike. Ike is like, 'Oh, here we go, *****!' He goes for the F-Smash, but because the stage drops a bit when it loads, the F-Smash whiffs. Unbeknownst to the rest of us, Ike's F-Smash moves his body just forward enough to be in Falcon's range... and a lone Falcon Punch connects for the kill.

Everyone in the rooms is laughing and screaming bloody murder, but below the furor a lone voice is heard... "You've gotta be ****ing kidding me."
Upload it. Upload it now! XD

purple-tangerine

Smash Cadet
Friend: "Wait...so how did Sonic and Snake get in Brawl ? Nintendo doesn't own them or anything."

Me: "They were on a Nintendo system though. Nintendo just borrowed the rights and stuff."

Friend: "Then Spiderman and Ironman could have totally been in Brawl! They were on that Marvel game for the DS!"

Me: "....no."

Skoox

Smash Cadet
When anyone uses Dedede's upB : LUMPOO.
When anyone gets a K.O. with Peach : Did I win?
When my friend uses Kirby, he always spams his DownB, and he does it off the side of the stage, and we yell : Down B will be your Downfall.
In 2v2, my partner uses Fox and spams lasers across the field, when the other team tells him to stop, he says : I'M JUST GROUND SUPPORT.

f1r3 3mbl3m

Smash Cadet
I didn't make these up, but i was at my friend's house, playing Brawl, and he was completely convinced that when Ness uses his PK Thunder attack, instead of saying "PK Thunder!" he supposedly says "He kissed Heather!" My next question was "Who's Heather?"

Also, that same friend has a sister who calls Marth with a white outfit "Superhero Marth".

Fugue

Smash Apprentice
While using R.0.B., I like to randomnly quote GladOS and the turrets.

After suffering a horrible loss while using Meta-Knight's flamboyant pink outfit: "HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE!!!"

Whenever a character in a white costume KOs a character in a black costume: "Man. That's racist! Why you always gotta be puttin' a brotha down?"

I don't use Olimar often, but when I do I always begin the match with "My Pikmans: Let me show them to you!"

During Lucario's Crane stance taunt: "Wataaa, mother ****ers!" or "I know Kung Fu!"

Ganondorf's sword taunt: "Wow, this looks pretty good for something I keep in my ***."

After any hammer-related KO, one player must shout "STOP!" and another player must reply, "Hammertime!"

Pit's FS: "Oh God, the ******* are back!"

If I'm using Luigi on Luigi's Mansion, I randomly shout "MAMA MIA, STOP-A BREAKING MY HOUSE-A!"

And finally, my personal favorite:
Me and my friend were doing All-star co-op, with me as Ganondorf and him as Snake. We got up to the LoZ series matches, and we're down to the last two opponents, TL and Zelda. He heads after Toon Link, while I use Up-B on Zelda and connect.
"Don't worry, Snake, I got her teen pregnant!"

EDIT: Oh God, the next Assist Trophy I get using Lucario will be accompanied by a cry of "Here! I brought you a present!"

ssbkid~

Smash Apprentice
everytime i use kirby or meta knights down grab attack i say
"Fucx yo couch niga"

a cookie for who ever gets this

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
whenever GaW hits the f-air, someone has to yell, "HAVE SUM CAYIK!"

every once in a while when my friend gets star KO'd, usually after his last life he likes to say " HOW COULD THIS HAPPENNNN!!! IMMMM PERRRRRRRRRRFECCCCCTTTTT!"

me and my friends are definitely gonna have to try the hammertime thing, its hilarious

Jones4Life

Smash Apprentice
In the space between you're oven and fridge
Fox's UpTaunt: "It's over 9000!"
Mario's Nair: i say sex kick every time i hit with it.
KO With samus' final smash: "Shoop Da Whoop!"
Charging Lucario's aura sphere: "ka me ha me..."
Hit With captain falcons up b: "FALCON HUMP!"

And this one that i wish i had on film, back from melee days. I was suing dk against a friend's fox. I had just ko'd him and charged my dk pawnch, when i combo'd him off the endge. When he was coming back, he started saying that link rom the falcon punch anime thingy that black shadow says."Ota ****a shiden SHIENZU!!!" or something, idk. Anyways, at the second he finished, he fired his up be and i yelled, accent and all "Falcon Punch!" and hit him with the dk pawnch. I woulda been perfect if it had actually been a falcon punch.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
I have some.

"You just got Lucas Missiled!"- everytime I use PK Thunder on myself and hit my opponents with Lucas.

"Here comes the Squirtlenator."- everytime I use Squirtle.

"Bulb Explosion"- Ivysaur's Up Smash, Up Aerial, and Down Aerial

"Anti-Spam Patrol!"- everytime someone is spamming one move.

"Fools, you will all be owned by the Knat!"- everytime I am Pikachu. (oh, and before anyone says anything, I know it is gnat. When you combine "Knight" and "Gnat" together it becomes "Knat")

Or if I lose with Pikachu I usually say, "You only won b/c the Knat wanted you to win."

"The power of the Hexagonals!"- for any of Lucas' moves that use his magic hexagons. (I purposely pronounce hexagonals all weird too: Hex-AGH-uh-nals)

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
smashville: when i hit the balloon i say happy birthday or baby shower at my house.
G&W:f-air i call it pandora box; b air is franklin; jab is pollution jab; up smash is bioshock or big daddy; up tilt nascar flag; f tilt wwf chair
zeldas neutral b- diamonds are forever; the kick- camel toe
captain falcons kick- bronze knee cap
Warios bike after he takes it out he looks around- i call it WHERES ISAI? I DON'T KNOW. Warios fart- SQUIRTS
charizards forward b- rock howard, charizards down throw- fire harzard
DEDEDE grab- ***** wheres my money, b air- happy feet; down air- jamba juice or the swirly
fox up b- mozilla firefox; fox forward smash- throw up smash

Top Bottom