• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Brave' New Character (datamined)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Minecraft has RPG-esque stuff though it's not meant to be an RPG...

tbh however, I guess levels & magic aren't necessarily RPG anyway, really only story stuff.

-I actually like its graphics, though.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
So here's my thinking. It's gonna be Agnes.

• Main reasoning for Erdrick is leakers, which aren't 100% reliable even when they are 100% confident, which they aren't here
  • She's the only one where the codename isn't a giant ****ing stretch
  • As a mage-coded character, it makes sense they'd make her very floaty in gameplay
  • Very relevant with a new game coming out nintendo will likely want to push due to the success of her series on the 3ds.
She's the only one where it feels like everything fits, imo. Then again, I'm also biased. Huge bravely fan here.
my biggest problem with someone from the Bravely series is that its basically not a code name at this point. People suggest that Brave being Erdrick is too obvious but Brave being someone from Bravely is even worse than that. Surely no one looking to create a code name with the intention of obscuring the identity of the character would just use the name of their game. Since we already know from Joker's code being Jack we can see that they have made at least an effort to disguise who the DLC are to avoid the Roy/Ryu situation again.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
my biggest problem with someone from the Bravely series is that its basically not a code name at this point. People suggest that Brave being Erdrick is too obvious but Brave being someone from Bravely is even worse than that. Surely no one looking to create a code name with the intention of obscuring the identity of the character would just use the name of their game. Since we already know from Joker's code being Jack we can see that they have made at least an effort to disguise who the DLC are to avoid the Roy/Ryu situation again.
well that is assuming that theyve been given codenames deliberately

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I may not like it, But I feel like Dragon Quest would go over much better then a Braverly Default character for a lot of people.

Man but it sure does depresses me how we limit our choices in speculation to a few characters that have games coming out that Nintendo could use to shill. I know it's more then likely. But still rather depressing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I may not like it, But I feel like Dragon Quest would go over much better then a Braverly Default character for a lot of people.

Man but it sure does depresses me how we limit our choices in speculation to a few characters that have games coming out that Nintendo could use to shill. I know it's more then likely. But still rather depressing.
I think a Bravely character or a Dragon Quest character would go well with a lot of people considering both are strongly associated with Nintendo.

Regarding the speculation, the main issue with the smash fanbase is that discussion ends up being limited to certain characters at the time. And for a few characters have it a bit more restricted due to lack of availability on Nintendo consoles, or foe the franchise being relatively small.

We can always talk about a lot of the characters as there are threads about them but only a few of them gain traction due to the leaks, popularity within the smash fanbase, or from previous games speculation.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think a Bravely character or a Dragon Quest character would go well with a lot of people considering both are strongly associated with Nintendo.

Regarding the speculation, the main issue with the smash fanbase is that discussion ends up being limited to certain characters at the time. And for a few characters have it a bit more restricted due to lack of availability on Nintendo consoles, or foe the franchise being relatively small.

We can always talk about a lot of the characters as there are threads about them but only a few of them gain traction due to the leaks, popularity within the smash fanbase, or from previous games speculation.
It wouldn't surprise me if it were a character that hasn't been talked about much (well, at least in speculation). For all we know 'brave' is an inside joke that we wouldn't get :p

D

Deleted member

Not that I want this to be the case or anything, but Yokai Watch is fairly popular in Japan, yeah? Could it be something from that?

D

Deleted member

Not that I want this to be the case or anything, but Yokai Watch is fairly popular in Japan, yeah? Could it be something from that?
Jibanyan would be the first to come to mind, he would certainly be similar to the stats height-wise and I guess as a ghost he would be floaty but other ones its pretty hard to tell especially considering that one of his signature attacks is a multi-hit claw attack which "brave" doesn't seem to have at least for a standard move. YW also has a brave tribe and there are yokai that can be considered other versions of Jibanyan in this tribe.

Only concern I would have is that YW while still decently popular, it has declined a bit lately and still struggles in the west. But going by my previous argument, I still think it is possible to have a rep from the series.
It wouldn't surprise me if it were a character that hasn't been talked about much (well, at least in speculation). For all we know 'brave' is an inside joke that we wouldn't get :p
This wouldn't surprise me, we also have to take into account that these codenames are made by people from a different cultural and language background. So the way they think and make a codename may be way different from what we are accustomed.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
On Gamefaqs an idea that it's Spyro is forming, people are saying that it makes sense for him to be the same height as Ness but that would be weirdly large for the character.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I feel like Crash would come before Spyro. We don't have a lot of characters that run on four legs outside of Duck Hunt Dog and Ivysaur. Crash seems like it would be easier to develop with higher fan fanfare.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well there is a brave tribe but im not sure if any of them would be the first choice, maybe if the code name was pretty or at a push slippery

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I wonder when we'll get a reveal...surely can't be that far out, right?

D

Deleted member

I wonder when we'll get a reveal...surely can't be that far out, right?
I suspect the latest is March. If we're going off of DLC being finished in early 2020 (around February), then a three month period between each reveal is consistent and fractionally sound.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I suspect the latest is March. If we're going off of DLC being finished in early 2020 (around February), then a three month period between each reveal is consistent and fractionally sound.
On that note, it's possible we'll get another name in the files come 2.0.0, which means "Brave" may end up losing the spotlight to whatever comes next. Probably Thanos or something.

D

Deleted member

On that note, it's possible we'll get another name in the files come 2.0.0, which means "Brave" may end up losing the spotlight to whatever comes next. Probably Thanos or something.
Very possible. It's not like conversation is going to be stale next month.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Very possible. It's not like conversation is going to be stale next month.
Sure will be mind numbing to think of all the possibilities though...so many fighters could be part of this DLC pack and we still only know one for sure. But as we all know, none will be as surprising as the leafy god, :ultpiranha:

Xigger

Smash Lord
Kingdom Hearts 3 just released without the ending, just further showing how paranoid Square is when it comes to endings.

Still a good move though.

D

Deleted member

Kingdom Hearts 3 just released without the ending, just further showing how paranoid Square is when it comes to endings.

Still a good move though.
I thought that the only thing missing was the secret movie.
I watched the ending and epilogue already, couldn't resist :b

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here's hoping for some cool data tonight :)
We could keep a lookout on dataminers and post info when we get some.

D

Deleted member

Here's hoping for some cool data tonight :)
We could keep a lookout on dataminers and post info when we get some.
I respect your willingness to do the job I don't want to do. Thumbs up.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Downloaded the original game Dragon Quest 1 on my mobile. It’s simple but fun. How is Dragon Quest 11 for Switch?

D

Deleted member

Downloaded the original game Dragon Quest 1 on my mobile. It’s simple but fun. How is Dragon Quest 11 for Switch?
Not out yet... But, still easily one of the best games in the series. It's like a classic JRPG but with modern production values.

andree123

Smash Ace
So, 2.0.0 is out.
As soon the dataminers gain access to the fighter_param files in this current version, will brave's internal name will be changed into fighter_kind_loto (or maybe something else) or no?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, 2.0.0 is out.
As soon the dataminers gain access to the fighter_param files in this current version, will brave's internal name will be changed into fighter_kind_loto (or maybe something else) or no?
Why would they uncode it? But yeah there should be changes to the stats if they've been working on it. Or who knows. let's see what gets datamined :)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am still waiting for Dragon Quest 11 to come out on the Switch. But it's been out on the PS4 since last year.

If you have a 3DS, I recommend Dragon Quest 7 and/or Dragon Quest 8. I have both. :awesome:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Well that at least gives hope Nintendo is extremely careful with its dataminable info to do with upcoming characters from here on out.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Jibanyan would be the first to come to mind, he would certainly be similar to the stats height-wise and I guess as a ghost he would be floaty but other ones its pretty hard to tell especially considering that one of his signature attacks is a multi-hit claw attack which "brave" doesn't seem to have at least for a standard move. YW also has a brave tribe and there are yokai that can be considered other versions of Jibanyan in this tribe.

Only concern I would have is that YW while still decently popular, it has declined a bit lately and still struggles in the west. But going by my previous argument, I still think it is possible to have a rep from the series.

This wouldn't surprise me, we also have to take into account that these codenames are made by people from a different cultural and language background. So the way they think and make a codename may be way different from what we are accustomed.
Not a Yokai Watch fan, but they could definitely use it to try giving the series a second chance at blowing up. I doubt we'd see two different fire cats in the same game though. However, they would play very, very differently, and we did get two reptilian pirates. Who knows? I'd say Jibanyan has around a 5% chance, but I'd definitely welcome him.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok well we don't have any brave data at all now. :facepalm:

I mean, good thing nintendo is more careful I guess? But what we supposed to speculate over now? :p
Hope there's a direct in not too long. Or .. just wait, I guess :O

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It was revealed over on the Agumon support thread that "Brave" has a biological hit sound, implying that "Brave" does not wear armor.

D

Deleted member

.....sounds like more of you-know-who's desperation for it to be Agumon.

There's character-specific "hit sounds" now?

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
.....sounds like more of you-know-who's desperation for it to be Agumon.

There's character-specific "hit sounds" now?
Well yes there are character specific hit sounds, the current users of the "metal" sound I believe are Samus, Dark Samus, ROB, and one other one I think. So the idea is that this dismisses the "Erdrick in armor" theory that explains some of the weight questions. That said Erdrick could very well not be in metal armor and still fit there so it's hardly a firm deconfirm for Erdrick. And considering 9/10 of the rest of the cast use the same sound it's hardly anything anyone should be using as a reason its any one character over another one.

Top Bottom