• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brand New Link Here

Burglor

Smash Rookie
Alright, so Link was my main back in the days of 2001, before all of this happened. Got into Melee, picked up Falcon and I'm pretty good. Bascially I have enough tech to impress people that haven't seen me play before, so I don't need any help there. What I do need is some fast track training tips and what to focus on while training. Bomb game especially. Like is the approach Jump>Bomb throw>DJ>Down air, a true combo? Basically throw Link specific **** at me and I will be eternally grateful.

Thats one way of landing bomb -> dair. I dunno if its a true combo at all times but it connects a lot even against good players. May I suggest to just do a bomb throw to FJ dair, its another way of landing the combo. The combo is a finisher, not to be used all the time. Better save it for when its needed, preferably so you can catch the opponent by surprise.

Bombs are great OoS, jump -> bomb drop is your quickest option and simply throwing cancels the shield and adds no extra lag.

I also enjoy to dash away from my opponent and then jump cancel throw my bombs.

ChainArmour712

Smash Cadet
Personally speaking, UpB OOS has won me a lot of games against high tiers who aren't careful with their smashes. Besides that, use Bombs as much as you possibly can and if you can get a combo don't drop it. UAir is one of your best tools but it's tricky to use so I'd practice that, also remember that Zair has a ton of range and is good to use occasionally if your opponent is giving you a lot of trouble from the air.

Top Bottom