• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge 3: The Good, The Bad, and the Koopa

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Bowser's Revenge 3:
The Good, the Bad, and the Koopa

A Project: M Tournament

Please Note:
The venue is a family store; moms with kids come in on Saturdays. Try not to curse.
This tourney starts earlier because we need to leave venue by 9PM, so we'll be running things smoothly. If you're going to be late, let me know via text/etc!

Sodas, energy drinks, snacks, and maybe hotdogs available on site. Bring a couple extra bucks so you can be caffeinated out.

When: starts 11AM Saturday, September 1st.

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Road, Suite 170
Plano, Texas 75075

What: Project: M Singles and Doubles.
For details on the Brawl event, check out Denti's Revolution thread

Sethlon’s cell: 832-482-5588
UTDZac's cell: 361-676-2223

Schedule:
11:00AM Doubles registration and friendlies
12:00PM Doubles start
2:30PM Singles registration
3:00PM Singles Start

Setups: Bring them. FREE VENUE if you bring a full setup that we use for the tourney.

Entry Fee:
Venue: $3 (free if you bring a setup)
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5 per person

Payout:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Ruleset:

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
7. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.​
8. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than Melee's start)
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.​

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.

[glow]Singles Stagelist:[/glow]
STARTERS:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

COUNTER-PICK:
Metal Cavern
Pictochat
Skyworld
WarioWare, inc.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Dracula's Castle
Hyrule Castle
Skyloft
Green Hill Zone
Rumble Falls
Kongo Jungle 64
Halberd
Port Town Aero Dive

BANNED:
Everything Else​

[glow]Doubles Stagelist:[/glow]
STARTERS:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

COUNTER-PICK:
Fountain of Dreams
Metal Cavern
Pictochat
Skyworld
WarioWare, inc.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Dracula's Castle
Hyrule Castle
Rumble Falls
Kongo Jungle 64
Halberd
Port Town Aero Dive
SSE Jungle

BANNED:
Everything Else​

Other Rules

1. The TO is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players.
6. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload to the internet. If you have a problem with your video being uploaded, notify the TO asap.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Since we usually run really smooth and end early, I've talked to Denti about also having Brawl at the event. Melee was considered, but most of the DFW melee players that don't already play P:M have no interest in it, whereas a decent amount of DFW brawl players have expressed interest but haven't gotten the chance to try it yet.

D

Deleted member

Yay! Something else to do instead of leave at 5 oclock.
I am hyped. And this time, I'm not going to immediately lose in singles to an ike... twice. I'm also hoping to try out a few new characters here, the marth matchup is so well known I need to switch it up. I will try to bring a wii this time. Is it alright if I have some stage textures and brstms? Don't worry sethlon, I decided not to take sonic off of the character selection.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Lol zach wins all the monees.

I am coming to carelessly play mario and not care about anything.

Oh, and awestin I need to know if were teaming or not. We did talk about it in BR2, after playing sethlon in teams.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I thought you and me were going to team. If not then Ill see if I can get another friend of mine to come. Also, Ill try to bring some extra money for us to go to wendys. Is Josh going to this one?

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
I never said we were teaming bro. ; -;
you totally johned over brackets last time.

but yeh, i'll be bringing Ryan this time, if he isnt busy.

D

Deleted member

>_> When did I john over brackets with you? Thats bs, I said we did good imo. You also said in a skype call that if Awestin isn't able to team (Which I already know hes going with Xeven) then you'd team with me.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Is it alright if I have some stage textures and brstms?
Thats fine, as long as the colors still work for teams and the music isn't obnoxious *coughRobcough*

I'm considering trying stage group bans instead of two stage bans. This is how it would work;

After the 1st match, each player bans a stage group for the remainder of the set (Players may counterpick a stage from the group they banned, and both players may ban the same group). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Stage groups;
Group 1: Small Stages
Yoshi's Story (Melee), Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, WarioWare

Group 2: Flat Stages
Final Destination, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Green Hill Zone

Group 3: Big Stages
Dreamland, Rumble Falls, Skyworld, Hyrule Castle

Group 4: Slanted Stages
Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Metal Cavern, Kongo Jungle 64, Skyloft

Group 5: Changing Stages
Port Town Aero Dive, Dracula's Castle, Halberd, Pictochat

Thoughts? It seems like it might be a bit more complicated than just two stage bans, but having a printout for the stage groups at each station should make it smooth.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i might make this. not sure, as i'll have just changed to the main plant (instead of our distribution warehouse...) specifically for more access to overtime.

i think the "group strike" system could work well, but you'd need to have a large number of legal stages to make use of it (which we seem to have). and definitely have some printouts, even if not one for each setup, 3 or 4 total would be good. i know i just started picking stages at random at the end because i had no clue wtf was legal for counters at that point.

i also raise a motion to strike hyrule castle ( >: C ) and institute rainbow cruise instead!

D

Deleted member

EWWWWWWWWWWWW NO. Keep hyrule castle, rainbow cruise is horrible, who even loves rainbow cruise...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
kids today, no appreciation for quality stages

in my day we only banned like 5 stages, should go back to that

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i like rainbow cruise. it's, imo, the best moving stage.

hyrule is stupid, at least in singles. it leads too easily to camping (on either side) and the **** tent just doesn't lead to good play.

also, no one else uses hyrule, so it must be bad, right? /troll

and you can't even bring tv's to the tourneys!

D

Deleted member

LOL, I actually found some good crt low priced TVs on craigslist and asked my parents if I could get them for venues. Lets just say, a big follow up of yelling and idiotic comments happend. Besides, so what I don't have a tv to bring. At least I can take one stock off of a sonic :troll:

D

Deleted member

my lucario can't take on LumpyFish because I like to get up tilted 5 times by mario
by making a fake quote you're fighting a john back with johning. Joining the dark side I see?

D

Deleted member

Yknow, at the tournament when you were calling me a tv john, it was kindve funny. Then when you made the quote of my saying "JOOOOOOOOOOOOHN" It was a little funny. Now you're just straight up boring and annoying.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
so, now changing the subject because i admit that i straight lost to lumpy because he played better than me?

edit: actually, i am just being a belligerent ***, now. : / i'll stop, sorry.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
haha, but it's so relevant! won't really know if i'll be able to show up to get bodied again until probably the week of, though. aforementioned work johns along with unknown amounts of school pressure : /

D

Deleted member

Lumpy, you only enjoy this conversation because I acknowledge the fact that you did in fact body his lucario with up tilts. Besides that, I don't think you care that much about this conversation.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Nah, its the fact that you call each other johns. Oh, can you pm me a link to the stuff to put into my sd card? I'm at ryans but my skype wont even work.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry but I'm not going to do that. If you're going to accuse me for johning over doubles that I said were awesome, then not team with me thinking you'll team with a person who's already got a partner... kind've rude and dumb. :|

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
I wasnt talking about after. You johned about me picking my characters, and singles bracket. It just took the fun out of it for me.

And I didnt say I wasnt teaming with you. and if I dont Ryan will team with you.

The tournament isnt for weeks anyways. I'm just trying to find ryan and me a partner allright?

D

Deleted member

I got annoyed because you say you play every character in the game, yet you only know how to use 3 of them effectively. I took doubles a bit too seriously, but you still can't play every character in the game. As for teams, you said you weren't going to team with me.
I never said we were teaming bro. ; -;:phone:
I misread what you said. I'm not teaming with a lucario though, Ryan himself was a bit of an *** to me at the end of BR3.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
you've never seen me play other characters though, so how can you say that?

and That doesnt mean I wont team with you. I just never said that we were teaming. Dont accuse me of things. I know what I said.

D

Deleted member

If you've never shown me your other characters besides like ness, falco, and mario, I won't beleive you.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
I did beat you in yl doubles in melee. I can play tl.
You can ask batou, I have a good ike also. Utd said my jiggs wasnt bad.

ugh, whatever. I honestly dont care.

D

Deleted member

We played double yl?! Well... my yl is just meant for jiggs so it wouldn't matter. I don't practice him much anyways. And even if you wanted your files, Ryans always against you using his computer for w/e reason.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Stop the arguing, it's not worth it, everyone knows me and Awestin are coming back to take the money, focus on the big hitters, not little things.

Anyway, I like the idea, Sethlon, I think it COULD work, but we'd have to see, there's nothing wrong with trying something out the first time hm? Also, about the Hyrule Castle ban and bringing Rainbow Cruise back, I could see why he's saying that, look at it, in Hyrule Castle, it DOES promote camping, big time, at BR1 I was CP'd to Hyrule Castle and I got camped out, at least in Rainbow Cruise, there isn't a "**** Tent" and everything can happen there, I'd like to try it out.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
kids today, no appreciation for quality stages

in my day we only banned like 5 stages, should go back to that
If there was some way to make that easy logistically I'd totally do it lol

i like rainbow cruise. it's, imo, the best moving stage.

hyrule is stupid, at least in singles. it leads too easily to camping (on either side) and the **** tent just doesn't lead to good play.

also, no one else uses hyrule, so it must be bad, right? /troll
I've actually been counterpicked to Hyrule like 3 or 4 times lol.

Motion goes forward though, at least for singles. Rainbow cruise seems legit, and it can be fit in easily with moving Drac's to the Big Stages group. New groups are;

Stage groups;
Group 1: Small Stages
Yoshi's Story (Melee), Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, WarioWare

Group 2: Flat Stages
Final Destination, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Green Hill Zone

Group 3: Big Stages
Dreamland, Rumble Falls, Skyworld, Dracula's Castle

Group 4: Slanted Stages
Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Metal Cavern, Kongo Jungle 64, Skyloft (Singles Only), Hyrule Castle (Doubles Only)

Group 5: Changing Stages
Port Town Aero Dive, Rainbow Cruise, Halberd, Pictochat

D

Deleted member

Stop the arguing, it's not worth it, everyone knows me and Awestin are coming back to take the money, focus on the big hitters, not little things
The arguing stopped, opps you're late. Also, gl with teams, I'd love to see you guys take it.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
oh god, sse jungle might be a bit too big ;x for singles, at least.

and i can only see a future of fear and resentment at the thought of a double yl team. explosions and fire everywhere!

BlinkIV

Avenger
Haha, yay for Rainbow Cruise. But why SSE: Jungle for doubles? That's just encouraging the camp, almost as bad as Hyrule Castle 64

D

Deleted member

I love sse jungle, its not going to ever be a legal stage, but I still love it. If you're going to take out Hyrule Castle 64, add Rainbow Cruise, and then say SSE jungle shouldn't be in the ruleset because it endorses camping... Wow, have you not seen people camp on rainbow cruise? Seriously? Well, I guess the stages are what they are. I need to get an ike counter >_>

BlinkIV

Avenger
I love sse jungle, its not going to ever be a legal stage, but I still love it. If you're going to take out Hyrule Castle 64, add Rainbow Cruise, and then say SSE jungle shouldn't be in the ruleset because it endorses camping... Wow, have you not seen people camp on rainbow cruise? Seriously? Well, I guess the stages are what they are. I need to get an ike counter >_>
SSE: Jungle: Big stage, plenty of space to "run" around, no need to go in once you get the lead, what I'm saying is, in a stage like that, the chance to run and camp will come up more often than other stages. At least in RC, it's not terrible in P:M like it is for Brawl. Especially since P:M doesn't have a "Meta Knight" kind of character yet, unless you count Pit as that.

D

Deleted member

I get where you're coming from. Like I said, the stages are what they are. And if you're counting pit as the metaknight character, and you're trying to play pit now, does this mean you're admitting to being a ******?

Top Bottom