• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge 2: Revenge Harder

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Bowser's Revenge 2: Revenge Harder

A Project: M Tournament

Please Note:
The venue is a family store; moms with kids come in on Saturdays. Try not to curse.
This tourney starts earlier because we need to leave venue by 9PM, so we'll be running things smoothly. If you're going to be late, let me know via text/etc!

Sodas, energy drinks, snacks, and maybe hotdogs available on site. Bring a couple extra bucks so you can be caffeinated out.

When: starts 11AM Saturday, June 30th.

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Road, Suite 170
Plano, Texas 75075

What: Project: M Singles and Doubles.

Sethlon’s cell: 832-482-5588
UTDZac's cell: 361-676-2223

Schedule:
11:00AM Doubles registration and friendlies
12:00PM Doubles start
2:30PM Singles registration
3:00PM Singles Start

Setups: Bring them. FREE VENUE if you bring a full setup that we use for the tourney.

Entry Fee:
Venue: $3 (free if you bring a setup)
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5 per person

Payout:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Ruleset:

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
7. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.​
8. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than start)
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.​

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.

[glow]Singles Stagelist:[/glow]
STARTERS:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

COUNTER-PICK:
Metal Cavern
Pictochat
Skyworld
WarioWare, inc.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Dracula's Castle
Hyrule Castle
Skyloft
Green Hill Zone
Rumble Falls
Kongo Jungle 64
Halberd
Port Town Aero Dive

BANNED:
Everything Else​

[glow]Doubles Stagelist:[/glow]
STARTERS:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

COUNTER-PICK:
Fountain of Dreams
Metal Cavern
Pictochat
Skyworld
WarioWare, inc.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Dracula's Castle
Hyrule Castle
Rumble Falls
Kongo Jungle 64
Halberd
Port Town Aero Dive
SSE Jungle

BANNED:
Everything Else​

Other Rules

1. The TO is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players.
6. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload to the internet. If you have a problem with your video being uploaded, notify the TO asap.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Ruleset changes from BR1;
Halberd moved to COUNTER-PICK. With the claw gone, the only stage hazards are obvious and avoidable. Stage transformation does not impede play.
Port Town Aero Dive moved to COUNTER-PICK. Hazards are toned way down from brawl, and the main moving platform now has ledges. Seems good to me.

Skyloft moved to BANNED in Doubles due to lag issues.
SSE Jungle moved to COUNTER-PICK in Doubles only.
Fountain of Dreams swapped from STARTER to COUNTER-PICK in Doubles in exchange for Green Hill Zone.

To compensate for the large stagelist, players and teams will now have two stage bans during counterpicking instead of just one.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Eh, not really. We've had PM setups at the last two smashfests, but people haven't paid too much attention to them when Melee is in the same room.

D

Deleted member

Oh yay, cheers for more Project M. Well I know if this monthly is going on that Ill try to find a different venue for something I can host. Hopefully this time I can do something like stream or record.
Here's hoping I can bring a working laptop this time (doubt it).
Sethlon, I have my computer completely viable for use but please bring yours ^^

I WILL TRY BRINGING A MARIO PARTY 1 OR 2 SETUP FOR AN N64 IM GETTING. COMMENCE THE RAGE

Once again when I post on this thread, everyone shuts the **** up :/

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I'll be definitely saving up for this. Problemo and I have been practicing Project M for quite a bit so we'll definitely be looking forward to this.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Oh so hype.
Who's ready for my jiggly rests!? I practiced em' up at A-kon.
You dont want any of this...

Batou you got a teammate? I'll find a way to spike them for ya.

If so I got some peeps I can team with.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I need a Teammate as well! Anybody open? I play Marth mostly. Falco, Fox, and TL are sidemains.

Oh so hype.
I bet I can beat your Jiggs with my TL whos main goal is to beat ONLY Jiggs. We either play in bracket, or friendlies/MM.

Is Darkrain wanting to come to this one as well or is he still busy?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I need a Teammate as well! Anybody open? I play Marth mostly. Falco, Fox, and TL are sidemains.

I bet I can beat your Jiggs with my TL whos main goal is to beat ONLY Jiggs. We either play in bracket, or friendlies/MM.

Is Darkrain wanting to come to this one as well or is he still busy?
I'll team with you if I come, as of now I play TL, Link, Marth, Ike and Charizard.
I started getting good with Kirby too back when I played a closed alpha with all the characters, too bad lol.

D

Deleted member

We can play friendlies for doubles and see how we can work with our characters. I can't wait to see what they do with kirby to be honest, he needs a bit boost from melee for sure.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I think Ike can be beast in teams if he has a faster character with him to help control the tempo.
He's got so much range and power, so many quick kills.
From what I've played Kirby's gotten some nice buffs. He still has issues with approaching on big stages, but they gave him back his 64 nair, kept his Brawl dash attack and boosted his priority. He also no longer kills himself with f-throw, lol. It's hard to believe Sakurai had anything to do with Melee (if only it would stay that way...).

btw, just curious, are you actually 12? lol

D

Deleted member

Marth and Ike? Marth can just go all over the platforms and get some nice kills. Along with Ike I think it would work good. YEAH TEAM FIRE EMBLEM...
that sounds dumb

Yes, I am 12. I started playing competitively at 10 actually. If your going to exclude me as a partner option because of this, then go ahead. People have underestimated me.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I only judge on skill, not age, so I'm not excluding you. For all I know you might be better than me.
:bee:

Yeah, I think Marth/Ike might be a good team, although in Melee Marth isn't really that good a teams character, at least compared to the spacies and Sheik.

D

Deleted member

Well I have a fox or falco that could be used.
Hey, I just thought of something, Teams match: Double TL vs. double Jiggs LMAO

D

Deleted member

Dreamland, 2 toonlinks camping hard, no lumpy. its not just Jiggs walks up and uses rest. You'd have to work really hard to get that rest. Toonlink is spacing, you have to know that before you even try saying rest is too good.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Nope that get gets striked first.
I'm bringin ya to metal cavern. It's to hard to camp jiggly's on a small stage like that.

D

Deleted member

Yoshis is only good for marths, fox's, and maybe falcos. Every other character just hates them there and usually bans the stage.

Metal Cavern is gonna be number one on my ban list, retartedly small stage FTL.
^ exactly lumpy. Oh and theres double stage ban for doubles. So those small stages are dead.

D

Deleted member

Were you that lucas I played friendlies with in the beginning of BR1? We need to play again. TL lived to ****ing 200% on the last stock and killed, matches like that are exciting as hell

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Oh so hype.

Batou you got a teammate? I'll find a way to spike them for ya.

If so I got some peeps I can team with.

I haven't seen you play Project Melee yet so I dunno about teams.
I'm asking awestin if we can team.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
So I got a 2gb sd card for my bday, and I deleted the parental controls on my wii (stupid parents.)

Now I can homebrew/project m my wii O:

D

Deleted member

Wow... I still remember BR1's friendlies where I tried hacking your wii. You're really smart at this yknow, parental controls are so cool to have. But in all seriousness if we both arrive early maybe we can hack your wii quickly enough.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
How was I supposed to know? I only use my wii for melee and brawl.
besides, the sd card you had got chewed up last tourney, so we were both at fault that time.

I should get there early. I want to practice the characters I use.
I'm actually not sure who I want to use yet.

D

Deleted member

lmao, you don't play brawl. You should learn to play some random character no ones used like Pikachu.

Top Bottom