• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge 10 - Feb 15th, Plano Texas

D

Deleted member

Strongbad can just fly to DFW, trust me. He's got Princess Swag. Don't worry, he'll be there.

D

Deleted member

I hope we're running Pools, that would be pretty sweet for me.

I also hope that benefits everyone too.

D

Deleted member

Is anyone bringing a recording setup?

Also do we need anymore setups? I can bring my crt + wii IF NEEDED (If its not @ Sethlon Sethlon I really don't feel like carrying it :()

D

Deleted member

Also do we need anymore setups? I can bring my crt + wii IF NEEDED (If its not @ Sethlon Sethlon I really don't feel like carrying it :()
I can try to bring a CRT. But there's one problem, I can't set it to Input to play Melee, and I have no idea if a Universal Remote will work. Should I even bother?

D

Deleted member

Your small setup isn't that hard to carry into the store with a couple of trips if need be and if you bring it you'll play more matches than you would have not bringing it.
Advice: Bring everything you can.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Tourney is tomorrow guys!!! A couple announcements/recaps;

The Venue is opening at 10am, an hour earlier than previous events held at FX!
This means be ready to show up earlier than usual. That extra hour should give us plenty of time to set up everything and get things running on schedule. Speaking of;

Show up on time!
I simply cannot stress this enough. Doubles will be starting at noon, and singles registration will cut off at 2pm. Some of you have already reached out saying that you'll run a little late, and I'm working with you guys that I can, but if you do not show up on time and you do not get in touch with me beforehand, WE WILL START WITHOUT YOU! That goes for EVERYONE. If you don't already have my cell #, its in the first post.

Singles will most likely be simply a bracket!
I know that most of our events nowadays run pools for singles, but my foremost concern is having us run this on time and not ending up finishing at someone's house or sometime in the AMs. Depending on how smoothly things run this time around I will re-evaluate whether or not we have the resources to run pools for future BRs, but for now, I will only consider having pools if we have 65+ entrants for singles and are looking good on time.

As far as setups go;
FX Game exchange has 8 crts that will be available for us to use; if you can only bring a wii+sd+brawl disc, please do so! We will have enough tables for around 20 set ups, so if you can bring a full set up, that would also be very nice. If you bring even just a Wii that we end up having the space to use, you will be eligible for the venue fee discount! (3$ instead of 5$)

Payouts will be 55/30/10/5!
Unless somehow we have less than 20 entrants, in which case it will be the standard 60/30/10.

Last but not least;
If you are bringing a Wii/SD card, please add the Bowser's Revenge common5.pac to your SD!
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdnbzjghjxd3o3i/common5.pac
FILE LOCATION: SD Card/projectm/pf/system/common5.pac
IF THE FILE IS NAMED ANYTHING BUT common5.pac YOU WILL NOT GET PAST THE STRAP MENU!

I'm super excited to be holding these again; see you guys there!

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the update, Sethlon. Can't wait to see all of guys tomorrow. Hyped.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Also, if you still have the .gct file (located in the codes folder) from Play A Real Game 2, be sure to replace it with the default one (.gct file from the 3.02 Project M download). Doing so will allow the Bowser's Revenge common5.pac to correspond correctly to how the stages are organized on the stage selection screen.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
I'm super excited to be holding these again; see you guys there!
Man, I'm glad you're hosting them again. It's gonna be so nice to have a PM tournament so close to home. These gonna be monthly things?

Also, if I have no interest in doubles, should I just show up around 1pm?

D

Deleted member

So I was having some small patches to fill, but I'm now 100% confirmed to this!

First ProjectM 3.0 tourney ****ING FINALLY, hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I will also have my recording set up, an my laptop with me for Tio, so ill be able to dump the files ocassionally so the audio doesnt screw up.

I dont know exactly how frequently these will be (because holy **** dfw has a lot of tournaments), but it will be fairly regularly.

Yeah, if youre just coming for singles, showing up at 1pm is okay.

seaofdarkness

Smash Rookie
Will there be a stream? I know that many have commented on the (lack of) internet upload quality of this venue in the past.

Pfhor

Smash Rookie
Hi, I am going to this event and will be there by 10am with a setup (installed the pac file with Bowsers Revenge). This is my first smash tourney in a while but since Project M has Kirby in it I want to start taking this game more seriously. See ya there.

D

Deleted member

Probably no stream, the uploading speed isn't even a full megabyte and we don't have equipment. Recording > Streaming generally.

D

Deleted member

Damn it I wish I could go to this.
@ Sethlon Sethlon Hype for Bowser's Revenge 11: Revenge of Oracle?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

NO.
Nice edit ali >_>

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
I seriously need a ride, I am so desperate for one. I need one so bad I can pay for gas money and maybe some extra. I live on Renner road, several miles away from 75.

D

Deleted member

I think you could plug a composite cable in that exact video port and it would work actually

D

Deleted member

I think you could plug a composite cable in that exact video port and it would work actually
Isn't there a Radioshack like down the street from FX?

Also: If all goes well I MIGHT make it for singles. If I come along I'll bring my small P:M setup.

D

Deleted member

Whoever had the smash documentary menu music, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPLOAD THAT BRSTM!
Shoutouts whenever Sethlon posts a result thread

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
My friend that used the tag 'Greed' has that menu music. But idek if he brought a setup, and it's more likely that G-Rabbit was used to stream (I heard that theme on the stream). But yeah, fantastic choice to all etc. etc.

Top Bottom