• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Psuedo Chain Grab

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i would die if a bowser wall infinited a fox on PS

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
This....

Bowser can now get even more damage off of his koopa claw? That is sick. Opponets have to air release leaving bowser at advantage or they get grabbed again? that's kinda nice.

These discoveries are going to make Bowser more potent on wall stages. I wonder if it is possible for bowser to U-tilt after they release.

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
This takes quite a bit of concentration, but it's worth it if you get it right (more for your opponent's reaction than the damage you inflict with it :awesome:).

Seriously, though. We need more frame data on this. Is anyone here able to compile a .GIF of Bowser's grab release animation?

phish-it

Smash Champion
You can only combo off of it if they don't DI away, a la Great Cambo. Klaw forward throw regrab is pretty badass too.

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Biting is pretty much pointless. I almost never ever do it. The pseudo chain grab to me is pointless too.

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Would just biting and then regrabbing to back throw with your back to the edge of the stage ever be preferable over just 'Klaw back throwing (especially against fast fallers)?

superderob

Smash Rookie
mmm... good, but it is a risky move ESPECIALLY for Bowser, this is one of those "dont miss it" things or else you'll get counter grabbed, but it could also be used to retreat, you could have a free up-B to the ledge lol :reverse:

Uncivilized Elk

Smash Rookie
Is a 'perfect dash grab' mentioned in the video just dash-grabbing as soon as possible, or is it referring to something else?

Damage-wise, Klaw pummel to regular throw doesn't do much more than throwing with the Klaw (unless you pummel the throw at high %s), but I guess the options are nice. Keeping in mind that one can infinite on PS is also a sweet thought.
Can anyone give a list of chars he can infinite? I assume the 5 - 6 fastest fallers?

Also, is it easier to regrab from a Koopa Klaw break? Or does it still need perfect timing. Just tried regrabbing just on a lvl9 CPU and the CPU manages to jab me first almost every time.

Last edited:

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
A 'perfect dash grab' is a running grab performed on the earliest possible frame, yes.

Dunno if the infinite works on anyone besides Fox, Falco, and Captain Falcon.

I don't think the 'Klaw causes your opponent to stay in grab release lag longer than a normal grab does. It just forces them to break out of the grab on the ground.

Uncivilized Elk

Smash Rookie
Well then... I'm probably not gonna use this outside Pokemon Stadium then...
Though perhaps if a human is mashing random buttons to break out, maybe you wouldn't need to perfect dash grab to grab them. And I know my initial response to seeing myself escape a throw is to jump backwards, which against another Bowser would leave me getting grabbed even without a perfectly timed regrab. Hmmm...

Has anyone actually tried this on decent players? Landing a Koopa Klaw at relatively low % and then regrabbing after biting them a few times (I can see it being decent on lighter characters that can't be combo'd from the fKlaw throw).

Top Bottom