• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Ledge game

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone,

I was wondering, what is your favorite ledge option?

My most recent ledge option that i have been using alot lately is the Instant ledge grab -> ledge jump -> dair -> ledge cancel

This nasty option obliterates shield and can tack on a nasty 26% damage and put bowser in a good postion to capitalize or reset into another ledge grab. Also the speed and invincibility along with the ledge cancel makes this move crazy safe.

Also what is the most appropriate/efficient way to ledge dash? (input wise, im having trouble with the slowness of the wave land i think)

Do you ever use the jump down from ledge -> double jump -> wave land option at all?

Which do you think is better?

Lets have a discussion about bowsers ledge game guys.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
typically with a ledge dash, i tilt down > jump > WL. with bowser however, his raw ledge jump is so quick that you can WL onto the stage and be active on frame 15 of execution. in other words, if theres 30 actionable frames of invincibility from a ledge grab, a perfectly timed ledge jump > WL grants you 15 frames of invincibility to do whatever, and that is a serious amount even compared to characters with the quickest ledge dashes (like fox and falco).

the timing for this is the same exact timing as a WD for a frame 3 jumpsquat character, since bowser can act on frame 4 of his ledge jump.

this is obviously assuming youre under 100%, since his ledge jump over 100% is slower, as with everyone elses.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I don't have any preferred ledge option, but I've found Bowser can ledge hop autocancel bair, so that might give you some ideas.

Joak.

Smash Rookie
So with Bowser ledge is a very safe place to be if you can play it right. Ledge has benefits because you get invincibility temporarily, you avoid projectiles for the most part, you can have your shield recover from pressure (allowing for more up-b out of shields), and luckily your fortress lets you have a safe and fun way of returning to ledge. It is a good idea to take ledge occasionally, usually to bait the opponent from center stage so you can gain stage control.

Assuming your opponent is on stage with you at ledge, you have several options. If you can ledge cancel that every time OP then good for you, that gives you some pretty nice options, but obviously don't do anything every time. Bowser should mix drop down->mid-air jump->ledge re-grabs with: his get up attack, his koopa klaw from ledge (only rarely should this be used as it is pretty punishable), and his wave dash/land from ledge. You should always use his 'jump from ledge immediately into waveland' as it is quicker (to do this start the jump from ledge but wave land immediately before you even leave the ground) except when you are 100% or more, in which case sometimes use his normal ledge dash (which isn't great but is okay). Using his ledge jump into n-air is a pretty safe option, along with d-air, but I would use this sparingly because it takes a while to actually happen and by the time the hitbox is out a smart opponent should realize what is happening and move.

If your opponent is off stage and you are trying to edge guard, taking ledge safely is sometimes the best option depending on the opponent. If you are at ledge you can drop->mid air jump->b-air to hit them away then use his fortress to recover back to ledge (this also works with u-air and koopa klaw but is not worth it to do almost ever for those moves). Usually the safest thing is to getup attack or drop->mid air jump to stage->b-air to hit the opponent away.

Bowser has a very nice ledge game and it should always be integrated into Bowser play. If you are not comfortable with the ledge than you won't be comfortable with Bowser.

Top Bottom