• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Keep - Bowser Video Archive

xReptar

Smash Rookie
NNID
xReptar
Alright, I need your hardest of opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBtbnCOR4I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjAI8XpVLcA

I know I did bad both sets, but what should I have done?
I know its been a while since then but im new to this forum.
I think you did a lot of poorly timed air dodges. some of them were perfect though. like you dodged fox's utilt in the first match.
Also you use your air jump way too early. you should save it and use it to bait or dodge attacks. like fast falling on top of someone and then jumping just outside of their hit range and then dair them could work if theyre in enough lag.

just a few suggestions

Sp0nge

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tking17
3DS FC
4382-2535-3109
http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/v/8352992

2:10:00^

Hey guys, broke my record this tournament and made it to losers quarters. This was a low tier tournament so Bowser had a chance to shine. I've known the guy I played against from other locals and he plays a sick Zelda. I think I could have brought this set back if I played a little smarter though. I also made some accidental forward smashes which really hurt me. Any advice?

arcticfox_14

Smash Cadet
NNID
arcticfox14
http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/v/8352992

2:10:00^

Hey guys, broke my record this tournament and made it to losers quarters. This was a low tier tournament so Bowser had a chance to shine. I've known the guy I played against from other locals and he plays a sick Zelda. I think I could have brought this set back if I played a little smarter though. I also made some accidental forward smashes which really hurt me. Any advice?
Two suggestions:
First, when landing you tended to gravitate toward your opponent, presumably hoping for a retaliatory strike. Watch again to see what I mean. This is a common habit because every once in awhile you land an attack and feel "oh, that worked! I should do that in the future!" selectively ignoring the other 4 times previously that you get punished for it. In those situations, stop playing Super Smash Brothers for a moment and play Get Back to Neutral with the Safest, Most Unpressured Landing you Can Brothers instead. Then resume play.

Second, I'd have to rewatch to see for sure, but I don't think you jabbed at all in either match, and I remember seeing only one f-tilt. These are your shield pokes, not f-air and u-smash. You've got the habit of forward-b to cover the landing, but if you'd have followed up with a jab or an f-tilt in more than one situation I saw you would have come out ahead in that particular exchange.

I will say I liked to see you utilizing the pivot grabs, and I didn't see too much airdodging into the ground or aerial attacking into the ground (with the exception of about 3-4 too many d-airs), so that's good. Both matches were close, and if you had afforded your opponent one or two fewer punish opportunities in each match it probably would have tipped the scales. Congrats on the new tourney record though!

Sp0nge

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tking17
3DS FC
4382-2535-3109
Two suggestions:
First, when landing you tended to gravitate toward your opponent, presumably hoping for a retaliatory strike. Watch again to see what I mean. This is a common habit because every once in awhile you land an attack and feel "oh, that worked! I should do that in the future!" selectively ignoring the other 4 times previously that you get punished for it. In those situations, stop playing Super Smash Brothers for a moment and play Get Back to Neutral with the Safest, Most Unpressured Landing you Can Brothers instead. Then resume play.

Second, I'd have to rewatch to see for sure, but I don't think you jabbed at all in either match, and I remember seeing only one f-tilt. These are your shield pokes, not f-air and u-smash. You've got the habit of forward-b to cover the landing, but if you'd have followed up with a jab or an f-tilt in more than one situation I saw you would have come out ahead in that particular exchange.

I will say I liked to see you utilizing the pivot grabs, and I didn't see too much airdodging into the ground or aerial attacking into the ground (with the exception of about 3-4 too many d-airs), so that's good. Both matches were close, and if you had afforded your opponent one or two fewer punish opportunities in each match it probably would have tipped the scales. Congrats on the new tourney record though!
Yeah when I watch replays of myself, I actually notice the same thing in general. I'll try and get a hard read and maybe fair or dair when really, I should just be getting away and shoot some fire until I land or something like that. Upon watching again, it usually just revolves around me using my second jump too early and in their direction. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Your second advice actually surprised me, because I usually spam jab and f tilt (especially pivot f-tilt). I did use them during that match, just not as much. I use fair a lot because it's amazing for covering getup options, it will hit the attack and the jump so I'll use that and then land with up/side special if they go towards me. I was also probably trying to wall out his super powerful aerials because that's the way Zelda can go in on me. I should've just stuck with more jabs and f tilts, and stay away from smashes too.

I'll definitely practice this before I go to a sponsorship tournament today, thanks for the insight. :]

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
@ Sp0nge Sp0nge I wasn't able to view the video on my phone, but i will check it out when I get access to a computer. I the meantime, are you using fast fall auto cancel short hop fair? (We should probably find a name for those. )

Sp0nge

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tking17
3DS FC
4382-2535-3109
@ Sp0nge Sp0nge I wasn't able to view the video on my phone, but i will check it out when I get access to a computer. I the meantime, are you using fast fall auto cancel short hop fair? (We should probably find a name for those. )
Fair doesn't auto cancel if you fast fall as far as I know. It seems to auto cancel if you input fair as soon as you jump

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Fair doesn't auto cancel if you fast fall as far as I know. It seems to auto cancel if you input fair as soon as you jump
Sh fair/bair can both auto cancel from a fast fall if you time it right. It's the same timing on both aerials making it pretty easy to learn, the timing isn't hard either. It's useful for shaving of a few extra frames. Use fair to learn the timing, it's about when his other arm raises up behind him. The timing changes on hit and whiff, so learn both timings. Good luck!

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
@ Sp0nge Sp0nge to follow up with what @ J Jerodak said, to really get the most out of the autocancelled frames you always want to be doing buffered rising fairs/bairs. When you press jump bowser goes into an 8 frame jumpsquat animation. It's during these frames, and not after that you want to input the attack button. So instead of pressing jump THEN attack, try sliding your thumb from the jump to attack button as one smooth motion. This should give you a good amount of extra frames to fast fall.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Two matches pulled from a set that I had with a friend. I know I screwed up very badly in the first one, but I otherwise had a smooth time in these Pikachu matches. Grounded Bomb is more useful than I thought.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Because no one actually understands anything about Bowser, except for maybe 5 players, he's underused at tournament/mid-high level. It's hard for people's perspectives to be set straight when we don't exist (on YouTube and streams; half of the time Bowser appears on stream he ends up losing whatever set he's involved in, further skewing the perspectives...I've seen multiple people rate Bowser at anywhere ranging between bottom 10 to bottom 2.)

Bowser players in specific regions may not really be performing well. In Florida specifically, I would have to imagine that maybe there are some Bowser players who just go 0-2 or 1-2 and just drown in the bracket. We obviously know Bowser really doesn't belong there, but for the TO who's just looking at data or just asks the opinions of players (who don't actually use Bowser [well], at all...), we end up getting this.

So everyone thinks he's low tier. Props to him for winning, but I am not a fan of NR's Bowser at all. I haven't been for years, but I guess it looks better in Smash 4 lol.

The only issue with that now is since that's a ~24k view video of Bowser in a low tier event, more people will probably think he's suitable for low tier placement. People tend to not question certain regional choices and just follow suit. A select handful will probably ask the same thing Zigsta just did, and then we go back into the endless loop of "how good is Bowser, really?"

Last edited:

Sp0nge

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tking17
3DS FC
4382-2535-3109
Because no one actually understands anything about Bowser, except for maybe 5 players, he's underused at tournament/mid-high level. It's hard for people's perspectives to be set straight when we don't exist (on YouTube and streams; half of the time Bowser appears on stream he ends up losing whatever set he's involved in, further skewing the perspectives...I've seen multiple people rate Bowser at anywhere ranging between bottom 10 to bottom 2.)

Bowser players in specific regions may not really be performing well. In Florida specifically, I would have to imagine that maybe there are some Bowser players who just go 0-2 or 1-2 and just drown in the bracket. We obviously know Bowser really doesn't belong there, but for the TO who's just looking at data or just asks the opinions of players (who don't actually use Bowser [well], at all...), we end up getting this.

So everyone thinks he's low tier. Props to him for winning, but I am not a fan of NR's Bowser at all. I haven't been for years, but I guess it looks better in Smash 4 lol.

The only issue with that now is since that's a ~24k view video of Bowser in a low tier event, more people will probably think he's suitable for low tier placement. People tend to not question certain regional choices and just follow suit. A select handful will probably ask the same thing Zigsta just did, and then we go back into the endless loop of "how good is Bowser, really?"
I think you hit the nail on the head here. He's definitely not a low tier character, he's just extremely underused. Our results are definitely not as bad as you said, but nothing that stands out. I think that video could also go the other way, perhaps people might see that and consider him too overpowered compared to the other lower tier characters.

As long as I get to use Bowser in more tournaments, I could care less about what people think about him as far as tiers go. The ban list for that tournament was limited as is compared to what I would consider the low tier (no Peach, no DK initially), so overall I have to agree with allowing Bowser in the tournament.

D

Deleted member 189823

I don't understand how Bowser is allowed in low tier tournaments....
I don't understand how he's anything lower than Upper Mid!

I swear, these people. You give them a great Bowser, and they don't even take advantage of it. :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

Scidadle

Smash Champion
@ Cassius. Cassius. I saw your bowser on the stream at Bums fest and it's really awesome to watch. Any other place I can find some more vids of you as well as other good bowser mains? Just getting into smash 4 and I'm really loving bowser atm

Also I've heard people tell me that mashing up-b helps his recovery? Not sure if this is true and it doesn't seem to do anything, pretty noob question but can someone please confirm/deny this for me haha

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Yeah, mashing Up-B does boost his recovery. Just try to get a hang of the timing, for it can be punishable if you don't aim for the Ledge Snap properly.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Okay word. I suck then LOL.

I always mess it up when my back is facing the ledge I swear lol

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Okay word. I suck then LOL.

I always mess it up when my back is facing the ledge I swear lol
That's just because you don't snap the ledge as quickly when facing away. Completely normal, you'll get used to it eventually.

Last edited:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
@ Cassius. Cassius. I saw your bowser on the stream at Bums fest and it's really awesome to watch. Any other place I can find some more vids of you as well as other good bowser mains? Just getting into smash 4 and I'm really loving bowser atm
Thank you. Finding videos of me is kind of difficult since I don't really play Smash often. I pretty much only play Smash once, MAYBE twice a week lol. Your best bet for now is really just to tune into Bum's streams until I start streaming again, or whenever I start uploading replays of things...which may not be any time soon.

If you want to watch other tournament Bowsers in a variety of styles and skill levels, look at this playlist that Big Sean created: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLafWKd-RfF3dpCv8v1LSAZDb-k1a-_W2T

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
i guess i should probably post some videos of my boozer maybe perhaps

vs spoiled brat child needs to be taught a lesson by outstanding father: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBqhK46woTY

vs stupid dinosaur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw8_fjiAxco

i won the set against the bj, but lost the set against the yoshi. i should have saved the replays of the games i lost but who remembers to save replays when they lose pfffffff

Pikachutobal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-8141-2794
Here is a fight that I did in a tournament, my position was number 17 of 47 participants, I tried to do my best
Unfortunately only a fight it was saved
I do not have much experience, but a friend told me I had a good result for my first serious tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joC_9idECP0 <1:33:00
I wanted to continue using bowser, but it's time to try the disrespect xD

D

Deleted member 189823

FINALLY have some of my stuff online...at least of my actual main. (: This is a Best of 5 MM against a friend. He mains Sheik :4sheik:

This is for @ J Jerodak , my #1 Brawl aprentice. :emptysheep:

Last edited by a moderator:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

General Bowser/gameplay pointers or tips would be good if anyone has a moment to spare watching it. I have another that I want to upload and post tomorrow.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I'm not sure how in the world you ended up on Battlefield against Pikachu, but that is a pain. I can't type too much so I will give you few things you NEED to start doing and a few things you need to stop doing.

When you have opponents on platforms, either from an air-to-air exchange via FAir or FThrow, that is a guaranteed command grab or shield break, unless you are shown otherwise through the player's decisions (spot dodge, roll). What I mean by this is that players of all levels tend to use some sort of defensive option when they're in a disadvantage state and on a platform. Bowser has a command grab and a shield breaking move. Use one (for the bomb option, specifically full hop bomb, gives them less time to react.) They will work. This is coming from years of seeing the same situations repeat themselves, with the same outcomes.

Down Tilt, and now Down Smash apparently hit below the edge. You started to pick up on it during the latter half of the match, but your spacing for it was REALLY off lol. Just stand like a foot from the edge and swipe. If you have the Bowser bomb spacing, you can try that as well and catch characters with that move. You would have hit Pikachu out of his side b with DTilt guaranteed with the proper spacing. Maybe even Up-B.

Mind your pace, and your control of the stage. With your jab checks, you started to give all of the stage control you had fought for back to Pikachu by doing jab -> dash back or jab -> pivot grab (learn how to instant pivot grab so that you don't move so far back.)

We talked about this in the Skype group last night, but this is one of the MUs where walking and shielding pays off a lot. Pikachu was snagging you with random SH FAirs that, if shielded properly via walking would've been up-b'd, side b'd or down b'd for free. Power shielding TJolts is also really important. This also would have paid off in general against this Pikachu player since he was being really aggressive in situations where it wasn't warranted. It was kind of clear he underestimated or just was not aware of specific bowser options (but then again, who is...besides us lol)

Even though you can't escape off of the platform, it's still worth it to up-b OoS if you have the opportunity. Pikachu being completely inside you due to FAir pressure should be punished if you block it.

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease use side b more. I was getting annoyed watching Pikachu just stay on the offensive, shield and hold shield and you not do anything about it, aside from rolling.

You can shoot firebreath to bully people offstage more. It worked the one time you did it--I was kind of surprised you didn't try it again.

That opener you started with on BF was garbage. I won't say to never do it again, but please reconsider and shy away from using a fast falled FAir from that position. There are a variety of openers that you can use on BF that won't put you at a risk like that. I have about 10 figured out for Bowser based on how my opponent plays/character traits, and there are more out there. Consider this basic one if your opponent drops down under the platform: running off of the platform into center stage and using fire breath. With that, you cover every spot except for the corner of the stage. This forces your opponent to either go airborne to avoid the fire and fight for control, or stay in the corner and wait--but then that gives you control of the stage, and only 3-5 seconds have passed.

Against Pikachu's opener specifically, you could have just dropped down and walked forward. He did a fullhop tjolt and moved back with it. You could have threatened the space below him by simply walking forward.

If your Up-B OoS or attack whiffs, do not fade into your opponent. That almost got you killed. Always fade out, although it makes no difference because of how this game works. If your Up-B whiffs, you are probably dead or losing an advantage.

How good are your reactions? You missed a ledge trump-> BAir punish (this is self explanatory; do more of that. Do more ledge trumps in general. You don't have to BAir every time. Bowser has solid punishes on ledge trump bait situations.) You also did spotdodge -> DTilt at the corner about 4 times when Pikachu was already behind/away from you by the time your spotdodge finished. Since I don't know the answer to that question, I will withhold the specifics of my next suggestion, but if you do see your opponent end up behind you, do something about it (roll, up-b, side-b, reverse down-b etc.) Attacking in the wrong direction won't do.

Also, this is something that you'll have to start working on if you're going to play Bowser more, and this will pay dividends when you start to play other characters with better/different options: pay attention to your opponent's defensive options. Notice that they do x in a certain situation and under a certain condition. If possible, replicate the situation again, and make a mental note. Make reads. Bowser is a bait and punish character, but the beauty and fun comes from being able to make astounding reads on your opponent's choices. He punishes hard, so making good reads will help you close out stocks earlier and sit on a life lead--this is something we need more than other characters.

Even if you aren't the best at making reads, put your best effort into covering as many options as humanly possible.

edit: I can't believe I missed this, but don't short hop NAir, man. And, be more careful over-extending against characters like Pikachu. You have no business going that low to try and keep him offstage. His recovery options are a bit too good for that.

Last edited:

Asuptavay

Smash Rookie
This is the only replay I have right now because of the 3 minute replay to youtube video limit and my lack of recording stuff. Any tips would be appreciated, especially with things like punish options I'm not utilizing or better ways to defend myself.
I realized this video doesn't give much to go off of since my opponent wasn't challenging me but I'd really like some tips to sharpen up my game since I'll be having a smashfest with some friends soon.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm not sure how in the world you ended up on Battlefield against Pikachu, but that is a pain. I can't type too much so I will give you few things you NEED to start doing and a few things you need to stop doing.

When you have opponents on platforms, either from an air-to-air exchange via FAir or FThrow, that is a guaranteed command grab or shield break, unless you are shown otherwise through the player's decisions (spot dodge, roll). What I mean by this is that players of all levels tend to use some sort of defensive option when they're in a disadvantage state and on a platform. Bowser has a command grab and a shield breaking move. Use one (for the bomb option, specifically full hop bomb, gives them less time to react.) They will work. This is coming from years of seeing the same situations repeat themselves, with the same outcomes.

Down Tilt, and now Down Smash apparently hit below the edge. You started to pick up on it during the latter half of the match, but your spacing for it was REALLY off lol. Just stand like a foot from the edge and swipe. If you have the Bowser bomb spacing, you can try that as well and catch characters with that move. You would have hit Pikachu out of his side b with DTilt guaranteed with the proper spacing. Maybe even Up-B.

Mind your pace, and your control of the stage. With your jab checks, you started to give all of the stage control you had fought for back to Pikachu by doing jab -> dash back or jab -> pivot grab (learn how to instant pivot grab so that you don't move so far back.)

We talked about this in the Skype group last night, but this is one of the MUs where walking and shielding pays off a lot. Pikachu was snagging you with random SH FAirs that, if shielded properly via walking would've been up-b'd, side b'd or down b'd for free. Power shielding TJolts is also really important. This also would have paid off in general against this Pikachu player since he was being really aggressive in situations where it wasn't warranted. It was kind of clear he underestimated or just was not aware of specific bowser options (but then again, who is...besides us lol)

Even though you can't escape off of the platform, it's still worth it to up-b OoS if you have the opportunity. Pikachu being completely inside you due to FAir pressure should be punished if you block it.

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease use side b more. I was getting annoyed watching Pikachu just stay on the offensive, shield and hold shield and you not do anything about it, aside from rolling.

You can shoot firebreath to bully people offstage more. It worked the one time you did it--I was kind of surprised you didn't try it again.

That opener you started with on BF was garbage. I won't say to never do it again, but please reconsider and shy away from using a fast falled FAir from that position. There are a variety of openers that you can use on BF that won't put you at a risk like that. I have about 10 figured out for Bowser based on how my opponent plays/character traits, and there are more out there. Consider this basic one if your opponent drops down under the platform: running off of the platform into center stage and using fire breath. With that, you cover every spot except for the corner of the stage. This forces your opponent to either go airborne to avoid the fire and fight for control, or stay in the corner and wait--but then that gives you control of the stage, and only 3-5 seconds have passed.

Against Pikachu's opener specifically, you could have just dropped down and walked forward. He did a fullhop tjolt and moved back with it. You could have threatened the space below him by simply walking forward.

If your Up-B OoS or attack whiffs, do not fade into your opponent. That almost got you killed. Always fade out, although it makes no difference because of how this game works. If your Up-B whiffs, you are probably dead or losing an advantage.

How good are your reactions? You missed a ledge trump-> BAir punish (this is self explanatory; do more of that. Do more ledge trumps in general. You don't have to BAir every time. Bowser has solid punishes on ledge trump bait situations.) You also did spotdodge -> DTilt at the corner about 4 times when Pikachu was already behind/away from you by the time your spotdodge finished. Since I don't know the answer to that question, I will withhold the specifics of my next suggestion, but if you do see your opponent end up behind you, do something about it (roll, up-b, side-b, reverse down-b etc.) Attacking in the wrong direction won't do.

Also, this is something that you'll have to start working on if you're going to play Bowser more, and this will pay dividends when you start to play other characters with better/different options: pay attention to your opponent's defensive options. Notice that they do x in a certain situation and under a certain condition. If possible, replicate the situation again, and make a mental note. Make reads. Bowser is a bait and punish character, but the beauty and fun comes from being able to make astounding reads on your opponent's choices. He punishes hard, so making good reads will help you close out stocks earlier and sit on a life lead--this is something we need more than other characters.

Even if you aren't the best at making reads, put your best effort into covering as many options as humanly possible.

edit: I can't believe I missed this, but don't short hop NAir, man. And, be more careful over-extending against characters like Pikachu. You have no business going that low to try and keep him offstage. His recovery options are a bit too good for that.
I really couldn't have asked for a better post pulling apart my gameplay.

This is so much to take in but I'm going to work on as much of this as I can before the tournament I have on the 22nd of this month.

Thank you so much for this post, @ Cassius. Cassius. , hopefully I can incorporate all this glorious information into my gameplay. :4bowser:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Aerodome, you were letting that Pikachu do the nasty to you for most of the match. Shield more.........or just don't allow them to do whatever they want just because you're Bowser (whatever that means anymore, this isn't Maylay/Brawl). That Pikachu seemed like an insolent brat, and he got his just desserts. Also, ewwww 3-stocks.

@bowser dude that uses the same color as me:

First: Ewww, 3 stocks.
Second: Nice job. (:
Third and very important: Don't use my color. bruh, that emphasis on U-Tilt. Reminded me of how good is became after certain patch. It hits in front of you, it juggles and it sort of kills (at least, by Bowser standards...)

Asuptavay

Smash Rookie
Aerodome, you were letting that Pikachu do the nasty to you for most of the match. Shield more.........or just don't allow them to do whatever they want just because you're Bowser (whatever that means anymore, this isn't Maylay/Brawl). That Pikachu seemed like an insolent brat, and he got his just desserts. Also, ewwww 3-stocks.

@bowser dude that uses the same color as me:

First: Ewww, 3 stocks.
Second: Nice job. (:
Third and very important: Don't use my color. bruh, that emphasis on U-Tilt. Reminded me of how good is became after certain patch. It hits in front of you, it juggles and it sort of kills (at least, by Bowser standards...)
Don't worry, I was just trying out different colors and am still undecided. prolly won't use that color tho 8)
Anywho, it was 3 stocks because anther's ladder.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
I'll be archiving FG replays that I enjoyed and that weren't one sided (so I can analyze myself on tilt). It's the standard under 3 minute restriction. I will only record FG matches that had no significant lag. They will be uploaded to this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6hVLbOnX7HyZfzxd7Vy_4oqMxwlHyt5g

I plan to slowly go in, replay by replay as time permits, and add my own annotations describing what I should have done and what I should be looking for in my opponent. I plan to only do this for Bowser replays at the moment, though that might change in the future if I seriously pick up other characters. I'll be using this exercise to better my power of observation. I hope that others come up with similar plans/goals for their own FG replays.

Last edited:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
session from today: http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/v/9725945

you can hear my voice in certain spots (if you've ever heard me speak before on my stream). after I play that mega man player, i switch to falcon for one set I think. So you can skip over that, unless you enjoy Falcon reads

first hour and a half is of me just playing against a few HOC (NYC/Bronx local) players of varying skill. I played Bum off stream and did really well at first, and then got ****ed. His adaptation is so good...you can tell he's a seasoned player (I mean yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars of exp from Melee and beyond).

don't take this too seriously either, since it's not tourney/mms. I was experimenting with a lot of things. Really am a hugehugehugehugehuge fan of UTilt now. Like, I was before, but after forcing myself to use it in specific situations both on and off stream, I love it. Bowser's tilts are dope.

I still have a lot to learn. And I need to play this game more. I seriously only play it like one-two, maybe three times a week. The one being on Tuesdays, IF I go to these sessions. The sad part is that I have a Wii U, but just never feel like playing on other days. My mind is always on something else.

You can see spots where I really had no idea what I was doing due to MU inexp. I think my set against that Mewtwo player is in there but Lord knows I have no idea how that character works in this game LOL

OH! I JUST REMEMBERED because the archive got to the specific part. For a portion of those sets I was playing with some gimped ass controller (joystick rubber gone, spring in L button damn near removed) because I left mine at home. I usually just get off work and go straight to the sessions...but that was a nightmare haha

Last edited:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
You can see spots where I really had no idea what I was doing due to MU inexp. I think my set against that Mewtwo player is in there but Lord knows I have no idea how that character works in this game LOL
Same. I'm getting crushed by Mew2 in friendlies and on FG. His jab is a bigger wall then our jab, and his dash grab is like Falcon's dash grab. His standing grab range is utter trash, though, and I'm still trying to figure out if it's better to tech or jump out of confusion.

Edit: Oh, Gish never even used jab. If he did, I didn't see it.

Last edited:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Watched the end of Troof's match. Luigi did Double Jump Cyclone. You blocked and he was right on top of you.

WHY DID YOU NOT USMASH OOS?!?????!!?!?!?!? You would've won the game, bro ;-;

You gotta optimize that punish game. I mean, it was game 3, high pressure (I could see on his face when he lost). We all choke, it happens. But any blocked down b from Luigi is big damage. I'm sure I don't need to tell you..you know what you're doing lol

MAJOR EDIT: I just noticed that that was from the Arcadian at Xanadu, and not the one from last night. Which means that was from a long while ago. Completely disregard everything I said.

Dude, all of those videos are from a tournament in May.

Last edited:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Yeah I ****ing hated myself after that match for doing OOS up B instead of up-smash. Best believe I've been doing everything I can to optimize my punish game since then.

If you wanna see an even bigger choke then watch the set with me vs. Ash where I have complete control then die at 0% because of a missed ledge trump

Last edited:
Top Bottom