• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Bowser's Frame Data (+Hitbox/Hurtbox Visuals)

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
(FYI Hitstun + Hit frame - FAF - 1 SHOULD equal disadvantage on hit... So vs Jiggs that should be -15 on hit at 0%)
So upsmash to nair or uptilt can combo jiggs at zero?

EDIT: Whoops, misinterpreted that, nevermind.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Thanks man, so that means Bowser can maybe use that moon landing thing. According to kirby kid, it takes about 90 frames to snap to the ledge, stand up, and attack. If that's true in Bowser's case as well then we can end up shaving off about 40 frames? He said you need to recover between 50-80 for it to be worth it. If we're looking at backward snapping in these applicable situations then it's even better.

Link to the tech I'm talking about.
https://youtu.be/2z8GBlPi_n8

It would be great if Bowser could use this where it's applicable, anything that saves frames is good to have under the belt.

Of course when you're on the ledge already if you're trying to be as quick as possible, a fast fall ledge hop appears to be the quickest route from ledge to standing. No I-frames unfortunately, but Bowser's ledge drop is apparently one of the best in the game.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
luckily for you bowser is ******** 80% of the time trying to snap the ledge anyway, so it shouldn't be hard for you to do

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
And it's possible to both lenghten or shorten the distance, so it doesn't need a specific range each time. Time to go practice.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer
Does the speed stat refer to air/ground speed?

Also, is there anywhere I can find data on attacks' landing lag? Are you ever planning to add that stuff? I understand it would be a lot of extra work.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

Also, is there anywhere I can find data on attacks' landing lag? Are you ever planning to add that stuff? I understand it would be a lot of extra work.
Here is a list of aerial landing lag for each character. However, it's extremely out of date in accordance with the game's patch history. As far as we know, Bowser's numbers haven't changed.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Hey, for dash attack the base damage reads as "10 (+1)" what does that mean exactly and will it factor in for clashing? Is it shield damage or something?

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Volunteered to help @LordWilliam1234 write up Frame advantage on block with 1.11's new shieldstun and shieldlag numbers. So I of course started with Bowser. Note that with aerial moves, the assumption made is that you connect an attack just one frame before landing, and suffer that move's landing lag as they suffer shieldstun. It's a very "Sheik" way of looking at block advantage, but the numbers aren't that terrible for Bowser's heavy moveset. I did look into some other things though:

KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Assuming his jumpsquat is 8, Bowser's shorthop height is 34 frames before landing

Utilt - block advantage improves by up to 5 when connecting the back hit of the move instead of the front.
Nair - if you land just after frame 18 when the leg hitboxes become active, and they both connect on the target's shield for a 12% hit, the advantage should be -6/-13
Fair - shorthop auto cancel height, frame 13 hit, 6 frames hard landing lag = -11/-18 advantage
-Autocancel window is frame 31, thus the player can delay Fair up to three frames during a shorthop to still autocancel, and have advantage improved by just as much.
Bair - shorthop auto cancel height, frame 9 hit, 6 frames hard landing lag = -12/-19 advantage
-Autocancel window is also frame 31.

Cronoc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cronoc
Wait a moment, Bowser's jab is frame 7 now according to Kuroganehammer's site. When did this happen? I always thought it was frame 6.

Last edited:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Ultimate is nearing, so this is absolutely late.

This thread has been updated with the most accurate hitbox/hurtbox visualizations from the Bowser Discord we have. We're only missing Neutral B Firebreath. Please spend some time to admire pivot grab's range. Thank you, all, and hope to see you in Ultimate.

Top Bottom