• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Bowser's Frame Data (+Hitbox/Hurtbox Visuals)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Link to Bowser's Complete Frame Data: http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Bowser
Mod Edit
Adding hitbox and hurtbox visuals.

Jab 1
BowserJab1.gif

Jab 2
BowserJab2.gif

Dash Attack
BowserDashAttack.gif

FTilt (+Up and Down angle)
BowserFTilt.gif

BowserFTiltUp.gif

BowserFTiltDown.gif

UTilt
BowserUpTilt.gif

DTilt
BowserDTilt.gif

FSmash
BowserFSmash.gif

USmash
BowserUpSmash.gif

DSmash
BowserDSmash.gif

NAir
BowserNAir.gif

FAir
BowserFAir.gif

BAir
BowserBAir.gif

UAir
BowserUpAir.gif

DAir (+Landing)
BowserDAir.gif

BowserDAirLanding.gif

Klaw (+Aerial)
BowserFlyingSlamGroundc.gif

BowserFlyingSlamAir.gif

BowserFlyingSlamCollateral.gif

UpB Fortress (+Ground)

DownB Bomb (+Landing)

Standing

Dash

Pivot

Pummel

Forward

Back

Down

Up

Wait

Get-up

Roll

Attack

Jump

Spot

Roll (Forward/Back)

Air

Last edited by a moderator:

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
and on that day, aero san smiled down upon the bowser boards

and it was good

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Also I can take research requests. I main this character anyway so knowledge is always helpful to me, plus this board I know will be appreciative of the research efforts unlike a few other boards.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Oooh, I always wondered whether there was such as thing hard and soft landing deviations with Smash 4 characters. I thought not because it always seemed like 1-3 frames universal, and that they may have just removed the concept. Watching Bowser hard land always made me feel like I was going insane.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah Bowser's hard landing sucks d***.

So does his jumpsquat actually, but it makes him really easy to short hop with!

There's a number of other not-universal things I could add too, like max number of footstools and even item throw strengths.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
This frame data is incomplete. We need to know how idiotic and useless Giga Bowser's frame data is. His regular jump is stupid high. Bowser Bomb? Goes nowhere.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This frame data is incomplete. We need to know how idiotic and useless Giga Bowser's frame data is. His regular jump is stupid high. Bowser Bomb? Goes nowhere.
I will put this on my to-do list.

Also I need to put FAF values for Side B and Down B. Boozer asked me yesterday but I forgot.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Looking around at some of the other completed characters, I laughed pretty hard at Lucina's "style."

Also holy **** at frame 4 spotdodge. That explains a lot

Last edited:

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
Here's a request that I know is hard. Frame advantage data. To winnow down the list I'd like to see frame advantage for ftilt, dtilt, fair, and bair, all on shield.

Corgian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Corgian
3DS FC
2079-7941-6787
I always wondered why my air dodges always felt like they never came out when I played bowser compared to Fox. I just need to act more preemptively.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Yeah Bowser's hard landing sucks d***.

So does his jumpsquat actually, but it makes him really easy to short hop with!

There's a number of other not-universal things I could add too, like max number of footstools and even item throw strengths.
There are some other good things there, for one, you can use the hard landing to time buffered shield drops if you just input spotdodge right as you hear his feet touch the ground. Also, Bowser's jump squat can be used as a quick, though brief way to avoid attacks by ducking under them since it's faster than crouching. Speaking of which, I'd like to know how fast Bowser's hurt-box shifting animations are, that might be useful since it could give a more accurate idea of when they could be viable if at all.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I notice that dair has an auto cancel according to the frame data, unless I'm mistaken. I'm guessing it decends too fast normally for that to matter? Could there possibly be a way to make use of it? Like during a slowfall dair perhaps?

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
I notice that dair has an auto cancel according to the frame data, unless I'm mistaken. I'm guessing it decends too fast normally for that to matter? Could there possibly be a way to make use of it? Like during a slowfall dair perhaps?
I usually auto-cancel slowfall dair to snap to the ledge.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I usually auto-cancel slowfall dair to snap to the ledge.
I'm wondering if it could be used to land as well.

Also, how have you been? I was beginning to wonder what happened to you, been blowing it up at any tourneys?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I use it to land occasionally, people think there's going to be a hitbox there but there isn't.

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Also, how have you been? I was beginning to wonder what happened to you, been blowing it up at any tourneys?
Eh not really. Just one in Savannah a couple of months ago. Went through a rough patch and did some couch surfing while poor. But I'm back on the throne now and plan to hit the rest of this year's events. Mostly have been in the lab and learning everything I can.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Eh not really. Just one in Savannah a couple of months ago. Went through a rough patch and did some couch surfing while poor. But I'm back on the throne now and plan to hit the rest of this year's events. Mostly have been in the lab and learning everything I can.
Alright, well good luck! Looking forward to see what you got.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Here's a request that I know is hard. Frame advantage data. To winnow down the list I'd like to see frame advantage for ftilt, dtilt, fair, and bair, all on shield.
Posting to say that I've made progress with this by the way.

Soon™ KuroganeHammer will have a DIY shield advantage calculator. :secretkpop:

a stray cat

Smash Cadet
If possible, I'd also like to know advantage/disadvantage on hit as well, but I know that that's a literal ****ton of extra work. I'd love to know, for example, for every character at which point dair or usmash becomes safe on hit.

I'd like to know if nair is ever safe on landing hit -- and if ever there's enough frame advantage for combo followup.

Meh, I'll be bringing my Wii U with me next week to my conference in LA. I should probably lab some of this out, if I have some down time.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
If possible, I'd also like to know advantage/disadvantage on hit as well, but I know that that's a literal ****ton of extra work. I'd love to know, for example, for every character at which point dair or usmash becomes safe on hit.

I'd like to know if nair is ever safe on landing hit -- and if ever there's enough frame advantage for combo followup.

Meh, I'll be bringing my Wii U with me next week to my conference in LA. I should probably lab some of this out, if I have some down time.
This is also planned.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'd love to know, for example, for every character at which point dair or usmash becomes safe on hit.
Just expanding on this regarding usmash, (this helps me test the formulas as well), but Usmash should deal this amount of hitstun (In frames):

20% hit:
Jiggs: 28 frames of hitstun
Mario: 26 frames of hitstun
Bowser: 25 frames of hitstun

I'll go test these and make sure it's correct.

(FYI Hitstun + Hit frame - FAF - 1 SHOULD equal disadvantage on hit... So vs Jiggs that should be -15 on hit at 0%)

Top Bottom