• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hulk is so broken imo, i mean he has little start up or endlag on all his moves, even better air mobility and aerials, and all his moves hit like an absolute truck, not to mention he can survive until like 300 with his weight and amazing recovery, he even has a projectile, can anyone think of a good counterpick?
Hulkbuster. :cheep:

It won against the Hulk, remember that.

Swythern

Smash Rookie
Hey there, I'm Swythern, or as I'm known a little better locally "Cream". I have never played smash competitively until Sm4sh, and I recently picked up Bowser as a main. I'm very excited to read through all 25+ pages on this thread as I'm learning to get better wherever I can. I've participated in one tournament where out of 26 I placed 22nd and realized I had a lot of work to do. How to hear from all of you!

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Hey there, I'm Swythern, or as I'm known a little better locally "Cream". I have never played smash competitively until Sm4sh, and I recently picked up Bowser as a main. I'm very excited to read through all 25+ pages on this thread as I'm learning to get better wherever I can. I've participated in one tournament where out of 26 I placed 22nd and realized I had a lot of work to do. How to hear from all of you!
Ahoy, glad to have ya here. Sadly you won't learn much in this thread since we **** around and talk about waifus and stuff but definitely check out the other stickies.

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
True, this is the only thread where we can do that, speaking of waifus, what do i do if i meet a Palutena in bracket, rule 87 says you can't harm your waifu under any circumstances, meaning i automatically lose if someone picks Palutena, anyone have any suggestions( at least she isn't that common)

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
True, this is the only thread where we can do that, speaking of waifus, what do i do if i meet a Palutena in bracket, rule 87 says you can't harm your waifu under any circumstances, meaning i automatically lose if someone picks Palutena, anyone have any suggestions( at least she isn't that common)
Ask him (it's probably a him) if he will switch characters. And if not, pull your **** out and see what happens.

The only rule 87 I know is that there will always be trolls.

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
If this happens respect that your Waifu wants to fight and give it your best.

Btw: Why kills bowser's Fsmash earlier than Giga-bowser's?

Last edited:

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I'm just glad my waifu is perfectly okay with **** being blown up.

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
It seems like DDD's Fsmash kills earlier than Bowser's anyone wanna confirm it too? I testet it out on a Omega-stage on the 3ds.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
If you compare the absolute strongest hit of both Fsmashes, Dedede's can kill about 3% earlier than Bowsers. 63% on Mario at the center of FD (WiiU) to Bowser's 66%. And I believe these percents are with DI.

Even so, the sweetspot of Dedede's Fsmash takes 45 frames to come out. That's twice that of Bowser's which is 22.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
The moves have the same angle, so the results would be similar. As for what percents they kill at the edge, probably 45 ish percent? Try it for yourself if you're so curious.
Okay. Just wanted to make sure. Not that it matters. Fsmash from those two are hard to land.

nightfox

Smash Rookie
Hello there,
I've played Smash since it's start on N64, but always casually. Now that Sm4sh is out I have found myself back here looking to at least be able to play at a high level in case I ever find myself at a tournament nearby. I picked up Bowser in Project M but he's been so much fun that I've stuck with him in the new game. Outside of smash I am a grad student at Georgia Tech.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Had some Brawl/Project M matches for the first time ever today and I decided to use Bowser in a few.

He feels so goddamn awkward, moving from Sm4sh back to Brawl.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Had some Brawl/Project M matches for the first time ever today and I decided to use Bowser in a few.

He feels so goddamn awkward, moving from Sm4sh back to Brawl.
Brawl's Bowser is terribly awkward, but Project M's is poetry in motion if you know how to use him.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Because Gigabowser is a lazy joke of a final smash.

GB's grounded bomb doesn't even combo into its second hit on a number of characters...
Honestly since Sakurai is all about the Clone Corner I dunno why we don't have Dry Bowser using Brawl Bowser set.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Honestly since Sakurai is all about the Clone Corner I dunno why we don't have Dry Bowser using Brawl Bowser set.
Sadly, because Bowser isn't Sakurai's character (and he doesn't love the Mario series like he loves FE).

I've always said that if Ridley fans really want Ridley playable, they need to petition Nintendo to have Sakurai make the next Metroid game.

Then, SSB6 would have Ridley, Meta Ridley, Dark Ridley and Ridley Jr playable. :p

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Nah, I actually prefer (Brawl) Flying Slam a lot more.
I sometimes miss the guaranteed Jab 1 > Klaw combo from Brawl.

If Bowser's Jab in this game drew opponents toward you like in Brawl our jab traps would change the whole meta pretty much.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I sometimes miss the guaranteed Jab 1 > Klaw combo from Brawl.

If Bowser's Jab in this game drew opponents toward you like in Brawl our jab traps would change the whole meta pretty much.
Grounded Side B does not cover the entire length of Bowser's Jab range, but it does reach slightly further than standing grab. Jab to Side B is very much possible. Even if they're out of your range, side specials can be performed during initial dash frames. The only problem with jab to dash side B is if your dash was accidental or done out of habit. Bowser's Side B can whiff at point blank only when he's in motion, and that comes into play when trying to use the move as a substitute dash grab.

I just realized that jab to side B is not bad at all now. Because it was so terrible before the flying slam control buff. This option deals 18% over dash grab's 10-12 (plus pummels) and has good kill potential depending on the stage. As for Bowser's manliest option out of jab - it's not Bowser Bomb. It's Fire ROAR*

Frame Advantage? Here's your Frame Advantage. RAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

*Not actually a good idea, they can shield that.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I'm getting at you would not be DI escaping a Bowser Bomb.

Might have to try Jab 1 Fire Roar sometime.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Nah, I actually prefer (Brawl) Flying Slam a lot more.
BLASPHEMY!!!

But seriously, I did like Brawl's klaw better than SSB4's because it was bigger, longer (lulz) and had grab armor.

Though, I DO like the latest amount of control klaw has gotten, and how it has a hitbox on the way down to drop it on your other opponent in doubles.

Given how inconsistent it has been through patches, though, who knows what'll happen to it next patch...

The key thing I liked about Melee's klaw a bit better was that it had multiple functions to it: using it in close proximity was a grab but from range it had a hitbox to it.

It seems like moves that have multiple functionality to them are what moves characters up the tiers. The multiple uses of some of Project M Bowser's moves are part of the reason he's so awesome...

Last edited:

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
The only things about Brawl Bowser I miss are Flying Slam's disjoint, Bowsercide not working against you, Klaw Hopping, FSmash windback, Jab's extra reach, and grab release follow-ups.

Everything else is good riddance.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Being able to up-b onstage and grab the ledge so you couldn't get punished on hit/whiff

Up-b actually being invincible and un****withable

Grab armor was nice. I also feel as though upb's recovery time from a freefall state is longer than it was in brawl

All three of these things are subtle but extremely important and would probably make bowser a lot better

Implementing grab armor into this game would probably make it a lot ****tier since it would be a universal thing

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Been playing around with Slipbomb and I want to know Shield damage on this thing and what an opponent can do on trip.

Jab 1 > "Trip"bomb > Ftilt/Dtilt seems great.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Being able to up-b onstage and grab the ledge so you couldn't get punished on hit/whiff

Up-b actually being invincible and un****withable

Grab armor was nice. I also feel as though upb's recovery time from a freefall state is longer than it was in brawl

All three of these things are subtle but extremely important and would probably make bowser a lot better

Implementing grab armor into this game would probably make it a lot ****tier since it would be a universal thing
Yes!

Fortress is already a slow, laggy piece of crap when it's falling to the stage. Having it take a goddamn month to recover after Bowser LANDS on the stage is just insult to injury. The recovery wasn't that bad in Melee...

And maybe they should just give grab armor to heavyweights, or have a "tough guy" mechanic for heavyweights going for a grab...

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Been playing around with Slipbomb and I want to know Shield damage on this thing and what an opponent can do on trip.

Jab 1 > "Trip"bomb > Ftilt/Dtilt seems great.
Well, I suppose Jab to Slip Bomb could be viable because of how it forces reactionary shields. Slip Bomb can break shields on its own between the descending and landing hits, but it always felt more finnicky compared to Bowser Bomb doing the same thing. Probably because Bowser doesn't leap as far forward from the ground. Using Slip Bomb out of a jab would have you landing slightly to the side of your target rather than directly on them, which can result in a punish.

As for the trip effect. I feel like it's possible that if you successfully trip somebody, Bowser's jab could hit them before they can roll away or get invulnerability frames from any other option. Other moves may be too slow for the followup.

The real strength of Slip Bomb is in the air version. Bowser starts descending about 10 frames faster than the other Bombs, making it that much harder to react to. I feel like Slip Bomb is more of a substitute for Dair than it is for Bowser Bomb.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Well I kinda like it. I do like the air version though. Really fast.

Edit: Bowser can say no to full charge shadow balls and charge shots with slipbomb.

Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
No. After the Slip Bomb trip you can't do anything to follow it up except laugh at them...he sits on his rump too long to capitalize on it.

POST 1000 GET

Top Bottom