• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's aerial koopa klaw stall/jump cancel

Matthew

Smash Apprentice
Many of you probably already know this, but for those who do not, Bowser can stall or cancel his jump with an aerial koopa klaw. Using side b in the air and then pushing the control stick in the opposite direction immediately after the window for a b reverse, Bowser will perform a short hop while he does the slash effect. This technique can be used multiple times before touching the ground. This technique can also increase the horizontal distance you cover in the air.

If you hold the control stick forward while doing an aerial side b, Bowser will immediately fall, even if he is rising from a jump.

If you initiate an aerial side b and immediately allow the control stick to return to neutral position, Bowser will perform a regular koopa klaw without rising or falling.

Hope this helps :)

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I'll be testing this for usabilty and viability lol...

EDIT

After testing this out, i love the klaw fall although sometimes i slip and it messs up my cheesey klaw chain grabs due to leaving the input for falling in still.

The klaw Stall however I cant seem to get consistently, like at all, The input is just after the reverse klaw? I cant consistently get it well enough for a recovery option.

Last edited:

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Just figured out how to Klaw Stall aka Flash Step consistently. Super useful for mixing up recoveries.
Its really not, you dont gain height or distance. Its better to just recover after its first few uses, other wise good players will call you out and kill you on your ending lag.

Dusk-EX

Smash Cadet
Its really not, you dont gain height or distance. Its better to just recover after its first few uses, other wise good players will call you out and kill you on your ending lag.
Proper claw stall not only significantly decreases knockback, when executed early enough, but also partially boosts Bowser in the desired direction. Check out timestamp 1:25 of this match from Kick

Last edited:
Top Bottom