• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Throw Combos?

JellyMoon

Smash Rookie
Smash 4 Bowser had amazing throw combos (at least in my opinion). Do any of them work in Smash Ultimate? If none of them do is Bowser designated to low tier? Or does he have new combos? (Also we need midbus as a Bowser Echo)

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
He no longer has kill confirms of guaranteed combos off u throw, no. Especially not at low percents. Although you can sometimes get a uair or fair at mid percents I feel, may be DI dependant.

Don't throw around the low tier card despite that though, literally every other move got a buff. Not to mention everyone having universal frame 3 jumpsquat, landing lag on all Aerials cut in half, and having his initial dash go from worst to...amongst the best (and a huge increase in fall speed, dash speed and minor air speed increase) Bowser is a force to be reckoned with. Much better than 4, but he's gonna be underrated for a while until the "no good u throw" stigma dies.

For reference, I went from pocketing Bowser to full out maining him in this game due to the buffs. I got 7th at the first local in my area going almost all Bowser, never could i do thay before. But...i get it. I didn't think he was reedemable without u throw shenanigans lol. Ironically, I ended up not being able to adjust to my old mains well at all (Luigi, Mewtwo) they are now the pockets...

Sorry, got off topic. Hope this helps.

JellyMoon

Smash Rookie
Bowser's whole gameplan in smash 4 pretty much revolved around his grab game. Is there a new gameplan for Bowser? Especially in neutral.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Bowser's whole gameplan in smash 4 pretty much revolved around his grab game. Is there a new gameplan for Bowser? Especially in neutral.
Personally, I like throwing out Aerials and tilts to create a wall cause Bowser has such big hitboxes. Also opening with flame breath abd catching an opponent at the base of his mouth can get characters anywhere from 35-50% damage, Characters/SDI dependant (although you can't really SDI out of it tbh in this game). Fair is a great go to also, Bowser can actually safely use it now without overcommitting thanks to the frame 3 jumpsquat.

In short, he's no longer a predictable, one trick grab pony.

Top Bottom