• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
I mean, think about it, Bowser is the third worst character in the game, almost no one picks him, and he is the slowest and heaviest character too, and whenever I see someone pick Bowser, they always get destroyed by almost everyone, mostly Fox's and Falco's.

But really, does Bowser suck or what?

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
If he catches an item like a turnip, it takes bowser about 185 frames to throw it.
Because he is slow and fat. The only people who choice Bowser are Gimpyfish and DJ-Nintendo, and they both frequently use his Up B a lot since it has invincibility.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Because he is slow and fat. The only people who choice Bowser are Gimpyfish and DJ-Nintendo, and they both frequently use his Up B a lot since it has invincibility.
It takes bowser 15 frames, not counting air time, to attempt to tomahawk an opponent. It is suffice to say that he does not have that option.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
You know, maybe Bowser isn't as bad as others like Pichu, who hurts itself.
Pichu's tomahawk, excluding air time, has 6 frames of commitment, particularly with 2 frames less normal landing lag than every other character besides DK/Ganon (3 frames less) and Bowser (4 frames less.) Pichu, effectively, has the best tomahawk in the game.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Pichu's tomahawk, excluding air time, has 6 frames of commitment, particularly with 2 frames less normal landing lag than every other character besides DK/Ganon (3 frames less) and Bowser (4 frames less.) Pichu, effectively, has the best tomahawk in the game.
I mean sure, you can argue about it like that by just pointing out one thing better about a character. I guess Pichu is better than Pikachu too since Pichu has a walljump and Pikachu doesn't.

But yeah Bowser is just bad. I still think he's super fun, but I play tons of low tiers so I may biased about the whole "fun" part.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Bowser has never won a melee tournament right?

Do correct me if I'm wrong.
DJ Nintendo or Gimpyfish may have at some point. If they didn't, it would have been REALLY early in Melee's history or at a small weekly. It's probably happened at some point because multiple tournaments happen every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom