• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr True Combo Thread

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
First one i find really useful is:

Jump in ffUair (on a grounded opponent), Utilt, Utilt, shUair -- then you can read di but if you react properly (youll know by the time the second utilt lands where theyre going) you can true combo into Bair, Fair, or Uair + another aerial.

Its a fairly tight combo, i usually buffer my inputs to make sure its always true. It works from 0 to 5%. From 5% to 20%, this combo also works and is even less di dependent, but you just dont do the second Utilt.

Second useful combo Ive noticed is cart into dair (hold back after dair connects, fast fall near the end) to Fair. This one is really tricky and i find it hard to get consistently so if anyone has any tips on that, itd be greatly appreciated.

Last one isnt a "combo", but Im only mentionning it because it is now possible wiwitwiwith the buff we just got. Whenever you have too much space (8 to 10 units on practice map), double jump canon ball into immediate cart. The canon ball will start to arc down and land 9 units horizontally away from where it was shot, and you can tomahawk out of your cart or jump and do an aerial. This can actually break shields if you opponent blocks through it, or forces them to run towards you while youre in cart, which is usually good for you. If done right, the opponent either runs towards you, gets shield broken, or take a true combo of wtv move you throw out into cannonball.

Share any others. Preferably true combos, because I know Jr has a lot of "and then I follow him and usually hit"... but i play against a lot of yoshis with frame 3 nairs and armored double jumps where "kindof a combo" isn't good enough.

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
Another true combo, this one only really works at 0% (on Robin) but is still pretty useful and works at a slightly wider range on heavier/bigger characters.

Cart -- immediately jump out on contact, but hold forward to move with your opponent -- let go of forward at the apex of the jump + nair + fast fall all at the same time -- dash grab them as they fall -- pummel (usually twice) -- up throw -- turn around Uair -- Uair.

Looking for ways to make this consistent at different percents.

Top Bottom