• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr. Chat: Now on Discord!

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
As of recently, the Bowser Jr. Skype chat has decided to move to Discord! You may ask yourself: "What is this Discord?" To put things bluntly, Discord is Skype, but better. In more detail, however...
Discord is an instant messaging and voice chat service currently in its alpha build, that has optimized for esports. It can be used in-browser or on its own desktop or mobile app. It can have multiple chat rooms per servers, which allows for ultimate organization, which the Bowser Jr. chat is taking full advantage of!
discord screenshot.png

This is what the Discord interface looks like. Just imagine it with some messages. Discord takes up much less CPU space than Skype. .1% compared to Skype's whopping 3.0%. Mods and admins (which are denoted by the colours of their names) have more control over rooms than they do on Skype. Skype gobbles up bandwidth, but Discord does not. What this means is that your wi-fi matches won't be as laggy. Another huge thing is that Discord messages don't take forever to send like Skype messages, making for a smoother chatting environment. There aren't any ads and you don't have to pay, either. You're also notified when someone @mentions you, making for a better chatting experience as a whole. With that said...
Rules.
The rules of the Discord chat are as follows:
  1. Don't spam. This goes without saying. First offense will be a kick and you will be allowed back in after a day. Second offense is a ban.
  2. Don't be rude to other members. Depending on the severity of your actions, offenses will be punishable with a warning ranging to a ban.
  3. Make sure others can understand what you're saying. Otherwise, there isn't much point in saying it, is there? This can mean speaking in English, not leaving out obscene amounts of letters, or speaking in code so that only one other person can understand. If you have something to discuss privately, do it privately. This isn't really a rule so much as it is a guideline. You won't get in trouble for this unless you make it a point to make your messages unreadable on purpose.
  4. Keep discussion for each channel in that channel. If a conversation has to be moved to another channel, then move it.
If you want to join, the link is right here, but please leave a comment here so we can tell who you are when you join up. https://discord.gg/0aDJQsxKUtYIbdgX

Last edited:

eagle_master

Smash Cadet
NNID
roustik
3DS FC
2852-7293-3760
same here ^_^ my user is eagle

Last edited:

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
same here ^_^ my user is eagle
Hey I'd be interested in joining! My user is imbatman94
Hey, I'd love to join! Reverbo
Please add me
this sounds interesting, add me as well
Yo, I'd like to added (BowJow is a secondary of mine). Username is BugCatcherWill on Discord
Kind of weird. Never got these emailed for these. Quoting you all so you're notified. Link to join is here: https://discord.gg/0aDJQsxKUtYIbdgX Don't worry about it expiring. I have it set up to not expire unless I revoke it.

Shiruettomiraju

Smash Rookie
Just played my first few sets with Bowser Jr today on FG. Needless to say offline CPU practice doesn't do this character justice. He is easily one of my favorite characters to play online right now (:

With that being said, I'd love an invite to the discord chat. Cant wait to learn more!

Hydrobyte

~ If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me ~
NNID
Hydrabyte
I'd love to join. I used to main Bowser Jr., but I'm still very proficient with him.

Mahesh Krishen

Smash Rookie
Yo bros, looking to join my fellow bowser Jr mains on the discord soon! I'm mashk7 and one of the very few to rep Tennessee!

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I made an account i think, no password was needed. Divade011 hmu

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
I know this Jr board is utterly dead but I just joined the Jr Discord. Is there some sort of approval I need to let you guys know? I'm KookiDowg by the way.

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
If you guys haven't, use Smashcords.com to get into the character group.

Top Bottom