• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr. and Koopalings Moveset Discussion

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

Bowser Jr. and Koopalings Moveset Thread

*This is a very rough version of the thread. Once I get the game, it will be updated with more pictures, more accurate percentages, and better descriptions

Neutral Special: Koopa Cannon – 7% (Fully Charged: ???%)

Neutral Special 2: Light Koopa Cannon – 5% (Fully Charged: 12%)

Has longer range, but less damage and knockback.

Neutral Special 3: Air Cannon – 0% (Fully Charged: 0%)

Has the same range as Neutral Special #1, but does no damage. Wind blows opponents similar to F.L.U.D.D. Can be charged to push opponents farther away.

Side Special: Koopa Clown Kart – ???%

Side Special 2: Faster Koopa Clown Kart – 2% (Spin out: 10%)

Has longer range, less damage and knockback.

Side Special 3: Powerful Koopa Clown Kart – 8% (Spin out: 0%)

Has shorter range, and will bury opponents upon collision. Spin out no longer does damage. Instead, a gust of wind will blow opponents away.

Up Special: Eject – ???% (Clown Car Explosion: ???%)

Up Special 2: Eject Explosion – ???% (Clown Car Explosion: ???%)

Has less upwards trajectory, but the clown car falls faster and has a larger hitbox.

Up Special 3: Downward Eject – 12% (Clown Car Explosion: 27%)

Player gets fire downwards rather than upwards, and has extremely high knockback.

Down Special: Mecha Koopa – ???%
[Image Needed]

Down Special 2: Mecha Koopa Toss – ???%

Mecha Koopa is tossed ahead instead of placed on the ground. It will explode on contact or moments after it hits the ground. Same amount of damage as Option 1.

Down Special 3: Giant Mecha Koopa – ???%
[Image Needed]
Walks slower, and does not hop. Does more damage and knockback, but can also hurt the player.[/list]

*Credit to @DarkAura64 for the images.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Standard Eject explosion damage is about 18%

Standard Mecha Koopa hits once for 2% and then explodes for 7%
Here's a picture

Sorry, quality's not as good as straight screenshots but I stole it from a video I watched yesterday. Just trying to help. :)

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Please note that after using his uspecs 1 and 2 (but NOT 3) he gets a new set of aerials, which are generally more powerful.

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
Whats the point of putting custom specials in the game, and then not allowing a competitive mode where people can use them... oh nintendo.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
Whats the point of putting custom specials in the game, and then not allowing a competitive mode where people can use them... oh nintendo.
They want people to come together and socialize. Internet seems cold and impersonal, and it really is more fun being there with the person rather than online.

Good note on the recoveries though, I had felt the Up special 2 did have less launch BUT it does have a meteor effect! Just really tricky to pull off- what with the explosion to upset it.

It feels a little like game and watch's meteor strike from brawl.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Ok, so who lied to me and said you can't use the koopakart again until you land? Or knowing me I was just dumb and didn't read.
If you spinout the kart midair, you can use it again, meaning this is actually a really nice way to further his edgeguarding game. they're off to the side, you can koopakart, spinout, koopakart back towards the stage and recover. If you jump out of the kart that's when you can't use it again until you land. But man. I have been playing so wrong! I just did it on a whim since I accidentally koopakarted off stage in a match and it was incredible.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone else karted under most stages yet? I want to find a way to drag a character under and escape. my circle pad crumbled under the pressure. No, literally. So if anyone else wants to help me research this for the greater goo... well so we can troll in matches better.
p.s. I freakin' love the hammer melee animation. That alone made me pick up this character.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Dunno how useful this is going to end up being, but a fullhopped neutral b done riiiiiight at the ledge will push you back just enough to cancel all the lag into grabbing the ledge at the end. You'll see a similar amount of lag at the end, but hey at least you've got ledge invincibility instead of just being super open to be punished.

Prawn

Smash Master
Koopakarting to approach is very viable and very cool.

You have to mix approaches, a nice mix up is to jump backwards out of it(to cancel the kart), and then react to what they do, or just ff and do a dtilt on landing to punish them if they try to punish you for karting,

Karting into an aerial also works because a lot of people will try and punish your kart with an aerial or pivot grab. If you do enough mixups then you can sometimes get away with karting right into someone(whether it's punishing a backwards roll or something like that) for a kill.

In a lot of matchups I'll constantly be mind gaming and teasing people with the kart. It's very useful. If people are landing on you with aerials, dash -> pivot sideb into them and then combo or go for a kill depending on their percents.

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
Has anyone else karted under most stages yet? I want to find a way to drag a character under and escape. my circle pad crumbled under the pressure. No, literally. So if anyone else wants to help me research this for the greater goo... well so we can troll in matches better.
p.s. I freakin' love the hammer melee animation. That alone made me pick up this character.
Going under the stage is actually pretty easy with Bowser Jr. but I can't think of a way to drag someone else under without popping them back up. If anything it may be the down air that could do it.

SSS

Smash Ace
Okay so here's my opinion on Bowser Jr.'s custom special moves. :4ludwig:

-------NEUTRAL B-------

1. Shoots a slow moving, big cannonball.
2. Shoots a fast moving, tiny cannonball.
3. Shoots a gust of wind.

Okay so in my opinion 3 is just terrible. At first I thought it could be used to gimp or something, but the fact is, it takes like 90 years to startup and it's impossible to aim and use with that much startup. As for 1 and 2, 1 is obviously slower and stronger, 2 is obviously faster and weaker. While BJ could use a fast projectile, 2 has such a big startup that you wouldn't be able to use it how you would want to use a fast projectile, and since the startup basically makes it a slow projectile anyway, you might want the stronger one just because I think it makes it more effective. Either way it doesn't kill, though. To be honest neutral B just isn't gonna be his best move. I'm still experimenting, but I prefer 1 for now.

--------SIDE B--------

1. Fast startup, fast speed, good distance, long jump, driving damages a bit but spin-out doesn't
2. Fast startup, slow speed, small distance, tiny jump, driving damages, spin-out damages a lot and goes far
3. Slow startup, very fast speed, tiny tiny distance, driving buries opponents, spin-out does no damage but pushes them

This one is hard to pick. While 3 has the amazing bury, it's really telegraphed (slow startup) and easy to avoid (they literally just have to jump), so it's unlikely you'll hit with it in singles. Also the jump is tiny which is frustrating. With 2, the jump is also tiny, but the spin-out is really quite good. It goes far and can be semi-safe on shield. I still prefer 1 though, because of the jump. The spin-out does not damage, which sucks, but it's faster than 2 and jump is so good. It allows for a lot of mixups, especially when combined with DownB 1 (more on combinations later). That being said though, 2's spin-out does cover more options (like rolling) and keeps them in shield when they try to shield DownB 1, but the slow speed is what prevents it from being ideal. Ultimately I prefer 1.

--------UP B--------

1. Little startup, shoots up out of Car, Car explodes after a moment (if done in air it will fall a bit), goes high, good knockback
2. Bigger startup, shoots up out of Car, Car flies downward and explodes (meteors in air), doesn't go as high as 1, not as much knockback as 1
3. Little startup, flies upward, Car explodes and shoots Koopaling downward, goes high, great knockback

Out of all of these, you can do the hammer move in air, which is really good. Now, I don't like 3 that much. It's hard to hit with when they're in the air, and Bowser Jr. suffers without the free movement after the recovery. You can still hammer, but it's so fast that it's hard to aim. You're really unlikely to hit someone with this. As for 1 and 2, both are good. 1 goes higher, so yay. While 2 has more startup, the fact that it falls down is really good for edgeguarding. While you can stagespike with 1's explosion, it's easier to do it with 2 (plus it meteors). 1 is easier to hit with onstage due to the shorter startup (and it has good knockback). However, 2 combos into hammer REALLY WELL, making it easy to get kills. Due to this, I'd say in general 2 is better, but you might want the higher distance.

--------DOWN B--------

1. The Mechakoopa walks along the ground, turning at edges and eventually exploding. When it runs into an enemy it hits them up and explodes. Can be picked up and thrown.
2. Koopaling quickly throws the Mechakoopa, and it explodes on impact. It goes far, and if it doesn't hit anyone it stays in place and explodes quickly.
3. Big Mechakoopa that walks around. It eventually explodes, but won't hit an opponent it runs into. Can be picked up and thrown and it explodes on impact, and has lots of knockback.

Okay so this one is probably the one that's hardest to pick (other than maybe side special). They all act extremely differently. 1 is really good. You can deploy it and follow it with side-B and when it knocks them up and you can catch it with an aerial (that you hit them with) before it explodes and then throw it at them. You can also follow it and when they try to shield you can grab them. You can also pick it up and throw it; the best way to do that is by deploying it towards the edge and it'll turn around so you can pick it up immediately. Also you can drop it off the edge for an edgeguard. In general it's just a really good mix-up and is definitely the most versatile of the three. 2, meanwhile, is super fast. It starts fast and it flies fast. It's not very versatile though, but it's a really good projectile since it's so fast and has alright knockback. Definitely doesn't have the options and the mix-ups that 1 has. 3 is a really good kill option. It takes awhile to deploy but it's easy to pick up since it moves so slow. You throw it like an item and it kills pretty early. It's a good edgeguard option, but in neutral you don't always have time to deploy and pick it up. It also doesn't have the mixup options that 1 has. The biggest problem that all of them is that they aren't the other ones (lol). They're all really good, but choosing one means forgoing the other. 1 is crazy versatile and has a lot of mix-ups, 2 is super fast (and Bowser Jr. needs a fast projectile), and 3 is a solid kill option (which Bowser Jr. could use). I am still not sure what's best. I guess I just need to analyze BJ's weaknesses better and see what he needs. 2 and 3 are really good at what they do, but 1 is just so good and has so many options, so I think I'll stick with 1.

You ALSO don't want to be redundant. If you're using DownB 2, for example, you have a fast projectile and there's kind of no point to have Neutral B 2. The big jump for SideB 1 is really handy for quickly comboing from DownB 1. There's still a lot of deciding to do, especially in regards to DownB and SideB, but for now my set-up is going to be NeutralB 1, SideB 1, UpB 2, and DownB 1. I still might prefer NeutralB 2, SideB 2, UpB 1 is still solid, and any of the DownBs (I still need a lot more experimentation with them though to figure out which one handles BJ's problems better).

TL;DR Bowser Jr.'s custom specials are really good, the different DownBs are soooo different and good, we have to figure out what Bowser Jr. needs before picking custom specials.

I just noticed that you can press up to jump out of the kart attack. It's also incredibly easy to footstool jump off people after doing so. I got all giddy and wanted to share it somewhere.

And the jump itself is an attack. These move just got eons better.

Last edited:

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
Okay so here's my opinion on Bowser Jr.'s custom special moves. :4ludwig:

-------NEUTRAL B-------

1. Shoots a slow moving, big cannonball.
2. Shoots a fast moving, tiny cannonball.
3. Shoots a gust of wind.

Okay so in my opinion 3 is just terrible. At first I thought it could be used to gimp or something, but the fact is, it takes like 90 years to startup and it's impossible to aim and use with that much startup. As for 1 and 2, 1 is obviously slower and stronger, 2 is obviously faster and weaker. While BJ could use a fast projectile, 2 has such a big startup that you wouldn't be able to use it how you would want to use a fast projectile, and since the startup basically makes it a slow projectile anyway, you might want the stronger one just because I think it makes it more effective. Either way it doesn't kill, though. To be honest neutral B just isn't gonna be his best move. I'm still experimenting, but I prefer 1 for now.

--------SIDE B--------

1. Fast startup, fast speed, good distance, long jump, driving damages a bit but spin-out doesn't
2. Fast startup, slow speed, small distance, tiny jump, driving damages, spin-out damages a lot and goes far
3. Slow startup, very fast speed, tiny tiny distance, driving buries opponents, spin-out does no damage but pushes them

This one is hard to pick. While 3 has the amazing bury, it's really telegraphed (slow startup) and easy to avoid (they literally just have to jump), so it's unlikely you'll hit with it in singles. Also the jump is tiny which is frustrating. With 2, the jump is also tiny, but the spin-out is really quite good. It goes far and can be semi-safe on shield. I still prefer 1 though, because of the jump. The spin-out does not damage, which sucks, but it's faster than 2 and jump is so good. It allows for a lot of mixups, especially when combined with DownB 1 (more on combinations later). That being said though, 2's spin-out does cover more options (like rolling) and keeps them in shield when they try to shield DownB 1, but the slow speed is what prevents it from being ideal. Ultimately I prefer 1.

--------UP B--------

1. Little startup, shoots up out of Car, Car explodes after a moment (if done in air it will fall a bit), goes high, good knockback
2. Bigger startup, shoots up out of Car, Car flies downward and explodes (meteors in air), doesn't go as high as 1, not as much knockback as 1
3. Little startup, flies upward, Car explodes and shoots Koopaling downward, goes high, great knockback

Out of all of these, you can do the hammer move in air, which is really good. Now, I don't like 3 that much. It's hard to hit with when they're in the air, and Bowser Jr. suffers without the free movement after the recovery. You can still hammer, but it's so fast that it's hard to aim. You're really unlikely to hit someone with this. As for 1 and 2, both are good. 1 goes higher, so yay. While 2 has more startup, the fact that it falls down is really good for edgeguarding. While you can stagespike with 1's explosion, it's easier to do it with 2 (plus it meteors). 1 is easier to hit with onstage due to the shorter startup (and it has good knockback). However, 2 combos into hammer REALLY WELL, making it easy to get kills. Due to this, I'd say in general 2 is better, but you might want the higher distance.

--------DOWN B--------

1. The Mechakoopa walks along the ground, turning at edges and eventually exploding. When it runs into an enemy it hits them up and explodes. Can be picked up and thrown.
2. Koopaling quickly throws the Mechakoopa, and it explodes on impact. It goes far, and if it doesn't hit anyone it stays in place and explodes quickly.
3. Big Mechakoopa that walks around. It eventually explodes, but won't hit an opponent it runs into. Can be picked up and thrown and it explodes on impact, and has lots of knockback.

Okay so this one is probably the one that's hardest to pick (other than maybe side special). They all act extremely differently. 1 is really good. You can deploy it and follow it with side-B and when it knocks them up and you can catch it with an aerial (that you hit them with) before it explodes and then throw it at them. You can also follow it and when they try to shield you can grab them. You can also pick it up and throw it; the best way to do that is by deploying it towards the edge and it'll turn around so you can pick it up immediately. Also you can drop it off the edge for an edgeguard. In general it's just a really good mix-up and is definitely the most versatile of the three. 2, meanwhile, is super fast. It starts fast and it flies fast. It's not very versatile though, but it's a really good projectile since it's so fast and has alright knockback. Definitely doesn't have the options and the mix-ups that 1 has. 3 is a really good kill option. It takes awhile to deploy but it's easy to pick up since it moves so slow. You throw it like an item and it kills pretty early. It's a good edgeguard option, but in neutral you don't always have time to deploy and pick it up. It also doesn't have the mixup options that 1 has. The biggest problem that all of them is that they aren't the other ones (lol). They're all really good, but choosing one means forgoing the other. 1 is crazy versatile and has a lot of mix-ups, 2 is super fast (and Bowser Jr. needs a fast projectile), and 3 is a solid kill option (which Bowser Jr. could use). I am still not sure what's best. I guess I just need to analyze BJ's weaknesses better and see what he needs. 2 and 3 are really good at what they do, but 1 is just so good and has so many options, so I think I'll stick with 1.

You ALSO don't want to be redundant. If you're using DownB 2, for example, you have a fast projectile and there's kind of no point to have Neutral B 2. The big jump for SideB 1 is really handy for quickly comboing from DownB 1. There's still a lot of deciding to do, especially in regards to DownB and SideB, but for now my set-up is going to be NeutralB 1, SideB 1, UpB 2, and DownB 1. I still might prefer NeutralB 2, SideB 2, UpB 1 is still solid, and any of the DownBs (I still need a lot more experimentation with them though to figure out which one handles BJ's problems better).

TL;DR Bowser Jr.'s custom specials are really good, the different DownBs are soooo different and good, we have to figure out what Bowser Jr. needs before picking custom specials.
Side B number 2 is completely superior to all the other ones. If you have any doubts, try spinning out in air- never jump out of it.
Bowser jr. is all about those mix ups, and although I could be wrong about it- I think most people using the character have little trouble racking up the damage. Down B 3 is cool and it kills, but how often are enemies really hit with thrown projectiles? Neutral B is the best in my experience.

SSS

Smash Ace
I just noticed that you can press up to jump out of the kart attack. It's also incredibly easy to footstool jump off people after doing so. I got all giddy and wanted to share it somewhere.

And the jump itself is an attack. These move just got eons better.
Can you footstool people through their shields in this game? Because that would be great if they try to shield your DownB>SideB combo.

Side B number 2 is completely superior to all the other ones. If you have any doubts, try spinning out in air- never jump out of it.
Bowser jr. is all about those mix ups, and although I could be wrong about it- I think most people using the character have little trouble racking up the damage. Down B 3 is cool and it kills, but how often are enemies really hit with thrown projectiles? Neutral B is the best in my experience.
Which Neutral B and why?

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
Can you footstool people through their shields in this game? Because that would be great if they try to shield your DownB>SideB combo.

Which Neutral B and why?
3. The air shot rarely works, but can help gimp.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
we're talking about that air blast right? it takes like nine years to start. you won't be hitting people with that. Any time you use it fair would have been a better option.
I have been hitting people with it, easy to take little mac out if he's thrown off stage, if he tries to recover low use mechakoopas to blast him up again. People who don't sweet spot the ledge are wide open to the blast. if it takes long to do, then anticipate when to use it

SSS

Smash Ace
I have been hitting people with it, easy to take little mac out if he's thrown off stage, if he tries to recover low use mechakoopas to blast him up again. People who don't sweet spot the ledge are wide open to the blast. if it takes long to do, then anticipate when to use it
idk i'd just rather use fair loool

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
idk i'd just rather use fair loool
After a few more weeks I've come to realize you were correct. Default neutral B is superior in 1v1 and probably most settings. The air blast will have its time to shine, but probably only a niche' option in doubles, triples, and quadruples.

Ultima 3

Smash Cadet
<cite>Neutral B</cite>
<b>Clown Cannon</b>: Shoots straight. Can be charged. At max charge, auto shoots. Does 7-18%. Longer it's charged, stronger it gets and further it goes. Nulifies projectiles. Nulifying projectiles reduces its power and distance. KO move. Near the edge at 110%, in the centre at 130%.
<b>Piercing Cannon</b>: Shoots straight. Flies fast. Can be charged. At max charge, auto shoots. Does 4-10%. Longer it's charged, stronger it gets and further it goes. Nulifies projectiles. Nulifying projectiles reduces its power and distance. Travels past shield. KO move. Near the edge at 220%, in the centre at 260%.
<b>Air Cannon</b>: Shoots straight. Can be charged. At max charge, auto shoots. Shoots wind box. Wind box has pushback effect. Longer it's charged, greater the pushback effect and further it goes.

<cite>Side B</cite>
<b>Clown Car Dash</b>: Dashes forward. Jumping cancels move. Dashing at a ledge auto jumps, but still continues the move. Dashes past opponents. Does 5-7%. Pressing the opposite direction causes you to spin. Spin nulifies small projectiles. Does 8-12%. Using in the air does no damage when falling. When it lands it bounces. Does 4%. KO move. Spin - near the edge at 130%, in the centre at 160%. Hit - 230%.
<b>Koopa Drift</b>: Dashes forward. Jumping cancels move. Doesn't jump very high. Dashing at a ledge auto jumps and spins. Dashes past opponents. Does 2%. Pressing the opposite direction causes you to spin. Spin nulifies small projectiles. Hits a maximum of 8 times. 1st-7th hit does 1%. Final hit does 2%. Maximum 9%. Using in the air does no damage when falling. Spinning immediately when used in the air makes you rise upwards. Limitless. When it lands it bounces. Does 2%.
<b>Grounding Dash</b>: Dashes forward. Very fast. Set distance. Jumping cancels move. Dashing at a ledge auto spins. Dashes past opponents. Does 8%. Has super armour while dashing. Only damages grounded opponents. Buries opponents it hits. Grounded spin has small pushback effect. Using in the air does no damage. Boosts in the air before falling. Spinning in the air makes you fall immediately.

<cite>Up B</cite>
<b>Abandon Ship</b>: Hits a maximum of 2 times. 1st hit does 5%. Final hit does 13%. Maximum 18%. High knockback. Jumps out of Clown Car very high. Ship falls down then explodes. Can use mallet while free falling. Mallet can only attack to the sides. Does 10-15%. High knockback. KO move. Ship - Near the edge at 130%, in the centre at 150%. Mallet - near the edge at 100%, in the centre at 130%.
<b>Meteor Ejection</b>: Hits a maximum of 2 times. 1st hit does 3-8%. Final hit does 10%. Maximum 18%. High knockback. Jumps out of Clown Car. Ship drops fast, then explodes. Will meteor/spike opponents that are touching when you jump out, when used in the air. Super armour when jumping out of the ship. Can use mallet while free falling. Mallet can only attack to the sides. Does 10-15%. High knockback. KO move. Ship - spike off the stage. Mallet - near the edge at 100%, in the centre at 130%.
<b>Koopa Meteor</b>: Hits a maximum of 2 times. 1st hit does 10%. Final hit does 17%. Maximum 27%. High knockback. Boosts very high into the air. Clown Car explodes and you shoot downwards. Damage anything in your way. Can use mallet while free falling. Attacking immediately after exploding makes you fall normally. Continue attacking to fall at regular speed. When you stop attacking, you drop fast again. KO move. Drop - 140%. Ship + Drop - 80%. Ship - 160%. Mallet - near the edge at 100%, in the centre at 120%.

<cite>Down B</cite>
<b>Mechakoopa</b>: Hits a maximum of 2 times. 1st hit does 2%. Final hit does 7%. Maximum 9%. Travels along the ground for 5 seconds before exploding. Explodes on contact with an opponent. When used in the air, bounces before walking. Can be picked up/caught and thrown. KO move. Near the edge at 250%, in the centre Sudden Death KO move.
<b>Impatient Mechakoopa</b>: Hits a maximum of 2 times. 1st hit does 1%. Final hit does 4%. Maximum 5%. Shoots out in an arc. Explodes 1 second after touching the ground. When used in the air, bounces before touching the ground. Explodes on contact with an opponent. Can be picked up/caught and thrown.
<b>Big Mechakoopa</b>: Hits a maximum of 2 times. 1st hit does 1%. Final hit does 15%. Maximum 16%. Travels along the ground 3 seconds before exploding. Moves very slowly. Will walk past opponents and do no damage. Gets slowed walking through opponents and objects. When used in the air, bounces before walking. Can be picked up/caught and thrown. KO move. Near the edge at 120%, in the centre at 160%.

These are my own personal tests with customs. What would be the best set?
(Instead of making another topic about customs like I've done in other threads...)

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Anyone up to fleshing this out? I've seen some really nice threads with OP being about each move and tactics with them, combos and the like (falcon and sheik in mind)

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Anyone up to fleshing this out? I've seen some really nice threads with OP being about each move and tactics with them, combos and the like (falcon and sheik in mind)
I agree with this.
Also, let's expand this thread to discuss Bowser Jr's standard moves as well. We already have the custom discussion thread for his special moves. We already have a guide or two that talks about Jr's moveset in general. However, I wanted this thread to go into more detail about tips for using his standard moves than a general guide.
In the spirit of that idea, I will edit this post later with my thoughts on Bowser Jr's moveset after a thousand FG matches and plenty of battles against formidable opponents in my local scene (though I'm not the most accomplished Jr. player yet, I certainly know Jr's moveset well enough to comment)

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
nvm
Forward tilt

Side fork 8%
fast move, good reach (more than jab, can be tilted down or up

KOs at x%

(idk how to use the spoiler tab)

Last edited:

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Divade, we already have a guide that does that for Bowser Jr. Thanks to @Balloonicorn
http://smashboards.com/guides/koopa-kid-circus-general-bowser-jr-guide.19/
What I meant was that we should elaborate further on moves in more situational cases that a general guide cannot cover.

For example, I find that Bair is an excellent punish when your opponents get too close after shielding your kart dash.
Just dash past them, jump up, and bair, and you will likely catch them and possibly even kill if in the right position.. :D

Dair is great for shieldpokes. If you've already wekeaned an opponent's shield a little bit, using Dair from right above your opponent will poke through their shield, especially on tall characters like Marth and Ganondorf.
Will edit more examples in when I have more time...

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Oic, Had did not know of the guides section. (although it doesn't tell angle or range comparisions /nitpicking)
okay so this'll be a list for common situations, set-ups and tactics then?

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
No one's responded in here for a while, and with Solar's page blowing up I feel it's a sign we need to make this (or create a new thread about) an In depth guide to BowJr's moves.
Here's Capt Falcon's thread as a base (plagiarism or appreciation?)
Up tilt: Axe Kick
Spoiler
: Images
Toggle Spoiler

The Captain raises his right leg high in the air before dropping it down on the foe below.
This move can now meteor opponents if used above a drop. Can also bounce them off the floor which can result in a top-screen or star KO, or can act as a combo setup.
The move has quite a long startup for a tilt; cooldown is average. Can deal with rollers.
Shines as an edgeguarder - can potentially chain into itself to bounce the opponent off the floor and then meteor spike while they're in midair.
Causes Falcon to move forward slightly.
Causes moderate diagonal knockback or a meteor spike.

KO: Around 170%.
Damage: 11%
Frames: 17, 40
and we can give more descriptive tactics with eachmove and common follow ups.
The plan would be: Each move described, getups, throws, etc, then comon situation advice: edgegaurding, Combos, General AT's useful for bowJr. (mecha juggling). of course we could copy paste and build on the general BowJr. guide but it depends how much time the BowJrs. can put into this.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I wish balloonicorn would come back. Also wish someone else would be on board with fleshing this out.

ozydandias

Smash Rookie
NNID
bizarro_dan
3DS FC
4055-6638-3178
I wish balloonicorn would come back. Also wish someone else would be on board with fleshing this out.
I'm new to the boards, but I'd be willing to help in some capacity. I just started maining Jr after finding myself winning a lot more with him than Ness/Kirby.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
There's not much hope for this thread unless the moderator responds. I honestly don't see why this thread is still still stickied.

Top Bottom