• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser : I can't beat him!!

Dripple

Smash Cadet
NNID
qugasl09
3DS FC
1693-5939-6738
My friend plays Bowser and he seems unbeatable. I cant deal with his fair or smash attacks. And plus he is so heavy. My mains are Pac-Man and Alf. Any help is welcomed.

Last edited:

Icewalker220

Smash Rookie
Bowser is a heavy and strong character, try to out zone him, and play more campy. If you're playing characters such as Olimar/Alf, and Pac-Man, you should be focusing on getting him to approach you, and punishing his options. Using Pac-Mans fruit more often, and learning what you can do to abuse the fruit is a good start. Also, since your mains are a lot less heavy than bowser (especially Mewtwo),

I'd suggest zoning as much as possible, while also going in and getting damage. Zoning isn't just going to one side of the stage and spamming fruit. Zoning is when you position your opponent to do what you want them to do. Make them think that you're going to do an option again, then surprise them if a different option, most likely one you haven't used to often in the match.

That's all I gotta say right now! Hope this helps and good luck!

Dripple

Smash Cadet
NNID
qugasl09
3DS FC
1693-5939-6738
Bowser is a heavy and strong character, try to out zone him, and play more campy. If you're playing characters such as Olimar/Alf, and Pac-Man, you should be focusing on getting him to approach you, and punishing his options. Using Pac-Mans fruit more often, and learning what you can do to abuse the fruit is a good start. Also, since your mains are a lot less heavy than bowser (especially Mewtwo),

I'd suggest zoning as much as possible, while also going in and getting damage. Zoning isn't just going to one side of the stage and spamming fruit. Zoning is when you position your opponent to do what you want them to do. Make them think that you're going to do an option again, then surprise them if a different option, most likely one you haven't used to often in the match.

That's all I gotta say right now! Hope this helps and good luck!
Wow thanks I'll try this strategy and give the results.

Captain Phobos

Smash Apprentice
My friend plays Bowser and he seems unbeatable. I cant deal with his fair or smash attacks. And plus he is so heavy. My mains are Pac-Man and Alf. Any help is welcomed.
Well I can't really speak for your mains since I don't play them, but I would say Falco is your best bet against Bowser. He has some of the best aerial game and firing a laser will stop a smash attack.

Dripple

Smash Cadet
NNID
qugasl09
3DS FC
1693-5939-6738
P
Well I can't really speak for your mains since I don't play them, but I would say Falco is your best bet against Bowser. He has some of the best aerial game and firing a laser will stop a smash attack.
Yeah I mostly try and use Falcon against him.

Top Bottom