• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bower's Wish List for the Next Games

B!squick

Smash Master
I think they need to change Bowser's FSmash.

Now, wipe that look off your face and let me explain. The attack in and off itself is perfect as a smash attack. It has a draw back animation to get around the whole long animation problem. It does lots of damage. And it has great range as the hit box repository topic has shown us.

What's my problem with it, then, you ask? I don't like the way it looks. Bower turns his head and hits people with the side of his face. Is it just me, or does that sound just a little bit silly to anyone else?

My suggestion: Bowser's drill claw attack thing from SMRPG. The way I imagine it working is that Bowser would lean back a bit with arm out, bent at the elbow, claws pointed forward. Then his arm darts out and his whole body slides forward a bit with the attack with awesome drill sounds. Once his arm is fully extended the hit boxes would pop out all along it in a similar fashion to the FTilt, only these linger for multiple hits that vary depending on how long it was charged. I think there's three levels of charge including not charging (don't quote me on that) so let's say the number of hits will thus range from 3 to 6 to 9 or so, during which time the opponent is immobile a la the Falcon Knee and other similar attacks. The opponent then takes some light knocked back at a 45 degree angle (slightly lower or higher depending on where you aim, similar to Luigi and Ganon's FSmashes).

Also, I wanna shot fireballs like in the original Mario Bros. games! D: Yes, I know in more recent games Bowser has a sustained fire breath, but at best it's just a marginally useful spacing tool that isn't even used 90% of the time space furries aren't involved. I want to be able to tap the B button to send out a nice, big, slow moving fireball or hold it down for a few moments to belch out a faster one.

Klaw needs something done to it badly, and here's why. Yes, it's amazing, but only for 1 verse 1 games. Now, why that may be what matters the most to... well, everyone really, the Flying Slam isn't very good for 4 man free-for-alls, something this party/fighting game was meant for. It's REALLY easy to just knock Bowser out of it in mid flip before you hit the ground when you're playing against more than one person, and it's honestly bewildering that Sakurai would give a character a move that's so ill suited for the type of gameplay they were leaning towards with theses games.

My suggestion: combine Melee Klaw with Brawl Flying Slam. It could work pretty much exactly the way it did in Melee, only you would tap up on the control stick while holding the opponent to go into a Flying Slam.

DSmash... just bring back the Melee DSmash.

DAir... maybe give it some hit boxes that don't suck. Just an idea.

Maybe bring back BAir's former glory as well. That's all I can think of.

Your thoughts?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Bowser's fsmash should NEVER change on a pure basic animation level. It's way too good.

I'd love to see Firebreath able to be charged and canceled by pressing shield. I had a dream that I was Bowser--I used Firebreath, but it only came out JUST enough of my mouth. My opponent shielded, and I grabbed him. That would be soooooo sick.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I want Bowser to be high tier in the next smash soooooo badly.

ArleX

Smash Cadet
Also, I wanna shot fireballs like in the original Mario Bros. games! D: Yes, I know in more recent games Bowser has a sustained fire breath, but at best it's just a marginally useful spacing tool that isn't even used 90% of the time space furries aren't involved. I want to be able to tap the B button to send out a nice, big, slow moving fireball or hold it down for a few moments to belch out a faster one.
I definetely agree with the fireball but that he still has the firebreath, for me it´s a really usefull move because you can use it when you´re jumping back at the stage (only if you´re at a high place of course), for edge guarding its a usefull attack ;)

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Bowser has so much potential. Cancelling Fire Breath by shielding, canceling Bowser Bomb in the middle of its animation (think P:M), etc. Some of his moves can be slightly faster.

Also change dair to something more useful or at least make it less stupid.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dair could use less landing lag and not be easy to SDI out of.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser's fsmash should NEVER change on a pure basic animation level. It's way too good.

I'd love to see Firebreath able to be charged and canceled by pressing shield. I had a dream that I was Bowser--I used Firebreath, but it only came out JUST enough of my mouth. My opponent shielded, and I grabbed him. That would be soooooo sick.

Sliq always wanted Bowser to be able to shoot slow moving fireballs.

That would be amazing.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Just make Bowser's fire breath like Dormammu's Chaotic Flame move in MvC3.

• Give Bowser his voice actor from Bowser's Inside Story, and give him taunts that aren't generic "monster" poses, or inexplicable balancing on one foot.
  • The ability to shoot fireballs (or throw hammers) would be nice. Projectiles would help his game out a lot. At least make his fire breath a little better, if they keep it as a stream of flame.
  • Make that stupid Dair actually practical.
  • If Final Smashes still exist, and Giga Bowser returns, GIVE HIM INVINCIBILITY. As it stands, he'll usually be easy pickings after the transformation at 300%+ or something. He's not even broken anyway, due to his range not being impressive at all for his increased size.
  • Remove chaingrabs from existence.
  • Bowser Bomb deserves some kind of quake hitbox when you hit the ground.
  • I like that idea for the option between Melee Klaw throws and the Flying Slam.

Tesh

Smash Hero
A projectile that goes full screen would be nice, since it wouldn't be appropriate to make him fast enough to avoid getting camped.

Also a special counter would help him not get comboed so easily.

B!squick

Smash Master
Bowser doesn't get "comboed", he's just a victim of having gargantuan hurt boxes and thus giving the illusion that attacks are linking together. I personally consider character specific combos less a combo and more an oversight on the part of the developer.

Tesh

Smash Hero
uhm.....wut?

he gets hits consecutively and cant do much about it, call it what you want

MechaWave

Smash Champion
  • Make nair/dair more useful.
  • Either give Bowser Flame Cancelling or a Fireball as a projectile.
  • Allow Bowser Bomb to be jump cancellable. So many options can come from that, like a vertical recovery.
  • Give him good taunts for ****'s sake.

That's all I can think of but it's one of the things he really needs.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Bowser needs invincibility throughout the entirety of his fsmash.

Player-1

Smash Legend
He should have 5 jumps and glide with all of his special moves being a recovery move. Also he needs a transcendent sword and a 13 frame total attack that comes out on like frame 2

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
**** firebreath

everytime you press b he just spits out tornadoes.

bowser's down b causes him to disappear from the screen and when he re-appears he just falls right on top of you and you can't react.

his upb should be the klown kar just coming out of nowhere and doing a shuttle loop, causing bowser to enter in an auto glide state, chillin like a villain.

and his side b is fine. ggs

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like Bowser's dance taunt thing, its my favorite one D:

And give Bowser's dair like, 0 end lag and Non DI'able so you can do stuff after it like Dair > Free Klaw and stuff.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
make his up b better at recovering.
also i do like the combination of brawl and melee koopa klaw.

Sliq

Smash Master
Sliq always wanted Bowser to be able to shoot slow moving fireballs.

That would be amazing.
Yeah, I wanted the fireballs from the end of SMB3 where they travel diagonal until they hit the ground, then they follow the ground. Frame traps mother****ers. I would love that ****.

Top Bottom