• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Both Melee And Smash For Wii U Break 1500 Entrants For Evo 2015!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Confirmed by the official Evo Twitter account, both Melee and Smash for Wii U have gotten over 1500 entrants each, making there over 3000 total entries for Smash at Evo 2015! With this many entrants this will be a momentous event for all of the fighting game community, especially Smash.

With so many entrants and multiple games being hosted at Evo, it will be interesting to see how much crossover there is for entrants and how the tournament will run on such a massive scale.

SmashCapps is still working on plans to get to Evo to cover all of the Smash news. Follow him on Twitter to discuss this and all things Smash.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
See? This shows that both games are popular, and have their respective fans. They can both share EVO, both end up successful in the long term, and nobody's scene needs to die for being "boring" or "old" or whatever. And these a numbers will only get higher.

#Melee&Smash4ever

Last edited:

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
This is some great news! I unfortunately had to cancel my plans for Evo in favor of Smashcon, but who knows, maybe I'll take a few weeklies and make the cash necessary?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
What's even better is that there's very little overlap between these two games, meaning that each game has over 1000 players attending EVO.

Can't wait for the final results.

Ur2Slow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sponger64
Nice to see smash doing well in the number of entries. I hope to see many great matches with the amount of people participating in both games.

L1GHT

Adventures start At Dawn
i hope everyone realizes that customs are broken and will never work as an official meta. all in all im glad evo did customs, becuase every will one will just play sonic and dr mario and never do it again :)

Foozal

Smash Apprentice
i hope everyone realizes that customs are broken and will never work as an official meta. all in all im glad evo did customs, becuase every will one will just play sonic and dr mario and never do it again :)
We'll never know until after evo however. I don't think MOST customs are broken. But there will be kids running trip seed and whatnot which can just get banned in the future

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I can't wait for SSB4 Grand Finals, when all of the Melee players start heckling and calling for the real game to start. >_>

TheCommonSmasher

Smash Rookie
Never work? so in 6 years when the meta is stale, customs wont be the thing that keeps sm4sh going for another 5 years? if not, do tell me what is. "Everybody will just play sonic and dr. mario" is RIDCOULOUS. If your pointing fingers at OP customs, your lookin at the wrong charecters. Look at Villager or DK if you want OP customs.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Never work? so in 6 years when the meta is stale, customs wont be the thing that keeps sm4sh going for another 5 years? if not, do tell me what is. "Everybody will just play sonic and dr. mario" is RIDCOULOUS. If your pointing fingers at OP customs, your lookin at the wrong charecters. Look at Villager or DK if you want OP customs.
Yup, everyone who wanted Aang in smash is now using DK

rundas1234

Smash Cadet
That's not how that works.
As a math & statistics major, i was thinking the same thing. LOL. Like, congrats you can do simple math. 3000 unique entrants or 3000 combined entrants? theres a huge difference.

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
i hope everyone realizes that sheik is broken and will never work as an official meta. all in all im glad evo did sheik, becuase every will one will just play sheik and never do it again :)

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
See? This shows that both games are popular, and have their respective fans. They can both share EVO, both end up successful in the long term, and nobody's scene needs to die for being "boring" or "old" or whatever. And these a numbers will only get higher.

#Melee&Smash4ever
Nobodies scene has to die, huh?

*looks around*

So... Where's mah Project M?

Last edited:

notjustinbailey

Smash Rookie
NNID
joeyjoey396
3DS FC
2621-2625-7230
I'm curious to see what the overlap is between the two player counts. Is there any data on that? Either way it's amazing that Smash 4 is doing so well. I'm glad this game is so popular.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
So much hype! I need to see about scheduling off time from work so I can watch all of these streams and all of these games. lol

Top Bottom