• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bosses that would have been interesting for SSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Here is my list of bosses that could of added to SSE from numerous series

1. Mewtwo (Pokemon) - Ok the guy wasn't a PC but a Boss in SSE would have eased Mewtwo fans pain. Also Mewtwo could have been a lot tougher with a boss powerbar and boss like moves. I think he would have been excellent as a villian in SSE and would have fit the role well. He could have appeared as a boss on the Halberd or maybe in the Temple to duel with PT and Lucas.

2. Dr. Robotnik (Sonic the Hedgehog) - Yeah Sonic was added late and this hurt his chances, but how epic would it have been to see Dr. Robotnik standing next to Bowser and Ganondorf during the great invasion scene. Or to stroll out in one of his confernal contraptions to duel with Kirby, Mario, or Link. Also Dr. Robotnik could have brought his legion of badniks and other Robots. In fact he could have been the mastermind behind the ROB armies.

3. Dodono (Legend of Zelda) - Not sure if I spelled this right. The giant crap/centepede thing from LOZ series that appears in the original and in Windwaker. Having him pop out in one of the cave levels would have been epic. IMO any of the Zelda bosses or villians would have been great, I mean after all Ganondorf was the mastermind behind most of the SS Army's plots, where were his minions at? Bowser had his.

4. Wart (Super Mario Bros 2) or Tatanga (Super Mario Land) - What a good chance to bring a class villian back. Either of these would have been great although Tatanga may have the advantage since SMB2 was not really realized in Japan (Lost Levels was SMB2) and because Tatanga would fit well with the SSE almost alien space theme throughout the game. Both would have been great for nastalgia reasons.

5. Dark Samus (Metroid Prime) - instead of fighting two Samuses for the suit. ZSS and Pikachu should have took on Samus' alternate personality.

6. King K. Rool - I know he has been overvoiced as a should have been PC. However, King K. Rool really fit the boss spot better. He could have appeared in one of the swamp stages. However, I don't see him as too much of an evil genius to be one of the main bosses. I still say Bowser, Ganondorf, Dr. Robotnik, and Mewtwo should have been the four standing on that bridge during the great invasion.

I am starting to thin out here. I think there was a lot of untapped potential that could have gone into the SSE.

zarkawi

Smash Cadet
hehe, even though i don't think SSE needed more beast bosses, i think king dodongo (check spelling plz) from zelda: OOT would have been awesome.

KnightoftheShadows

Smash Rookie
I think Chilidog (a.k.a. WolfWrath) from the Kirby anime series would have been cool. Heck, I would have liked him as a playable character, but he would have been a good boss.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
Heavy Lobster appearing on the Halberd to fight you instead of Duon.

Sakurai did it with the Kirby anime, and it fits too since Heavy Lobster was used to try and stop Kirby from destroying the Halberd. Why not with Brawl, too?

MarthSephirothfan

Smash Cadet
The Shagohod from Metal Gear Solid 3 would have made a great boss, considering its the only Metal Gear mech that doesn't appear on Shadow Moses Island. It has missles, old style tank treads, and it could try to run you over like it did in the game. Maybe having Volgin (main baddie from MGS3) pop out for a few seconds would have been cool.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Both Master and Crazy Hand via Isaac from Golden Sun. Isaac would be in the background of the stage (ala Trainer) using his psynergy to manipulate Master Hand and Crazy Hand. Better yet, fighting Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Isaac at once. The battle would really be a fight against Isaac, but with Master and Crazy Hand there too, acting essentially as hazards.

Isaac would be fighting the protagonists because he was tricked by the antagonists into thinking that they were actually on the side of righteousness. Isaac would be encountered three times, once attacking with just Master Hand, once with Crazy Hand, and then the final battle with both. With Isaac's final defeat, his control over the Hands would be lost, and he would come to learn the truth and would join with the protagonists.

legoman727

Smash Rookie
King K. Rool. He should have been a PC, but the fact that he wasn't a boss is a crime.

He could easily use an adaptation of his DKC battle for his moveset, or bust out KAOS from DKC3. He would have been perfect to show up on the Outside the Ancient Ruins level, after wiping the Primid armada off of the prison skiff.

Also, you figure with Sakurai's amazing Kirby bias that Heavy Lobster would have shown up on the Halberd instead of Duon.

triforce1313

Smash Rookie
Those sound as good suggestions. I just wish that instead of having so many made up enemies they used more enemies or bosses from other games.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I think that Eggman could've easily replaced Bowser during a few points in the story. Instead of the Koopa Clown Car, it could've been the Eggmobile. Also, instead of fighting Galleom a second time, it would be Eggman in his Egg Walker

Also, I agree. Eggman standing alongside Ganondorf and Bowser during the invasion would've made the entire game.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Either have Psycho Mantis or Liquid Snake as the MGS Rep. That would make for quite the neat boss fight with Snake.

Pokemon trainer should've had you fight those guys from Spear Pillar. Too bad Rayquaza took the spotlight.

The Black Knight for the Fire Emblem games would've been amazing under any circumstance.

And lastly, Giygas as a hidden SSE Boss. Would've been amazing to see "You cannot grasp the true form of this attack" ala text bubble while fighting him

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
An original boss named Prohibited who, get this looks like Commander Sark from Tron. He'd attack you with his Blue Triangles of Death and his Green Cardboard Box grab attack. If you were REALLY unlucky he'd catch you with his Yarn Grab attack, where he'd swing you around and smash you against the ground.

In all seriousness, I'd have loved to see K. Rool as a boss...and what's up with no Kirby bosses? That would've been the Kirby series' time to shine! What about Kracko? They had that awesome trophy model for him and didn't even use him...that's practically a crime...

super-7

Smash Journeyman
well K.Rool obviously.
i would have also like
-eggman
-mewtwo
-zant(and then finding out he is being controlled by ganon)
-oh and black knight would have been cool or black shadow

Patinator

Smash Champion
Black Knight, Black Shadow, Mewtwo, K. Rool, Dark Samus, Eggman, and y'know, maybe you could fight Ganondorf at least ONCE... -_-

In other words, the usual. :p

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Black Knight and King K. Rool should have been bosses. I had figured there'd be a boss from each franchise.
Kirby-Nightmare or Dark Matter
Mario-other then Petey P, any choice of numerous baddies
Link-I figured Vaati or Zant
Pokemon-There's about 400 to choose. Rayquaza was good, and there coulda been more. (Missingno for Brawl Boss!)
Metroid-Got Ridley, obvious pick (if he was't gonna be PC). Even Meta Ridley!
Pikmin-Some predator, woulda loved to battle a Burrowing Snagret! (Who wouldn't ;))
Ice Climers-Condor I guess. This one's pushing it, he's their entrance anyway
Yoshi-Kamek, no-brainer
Kid Icarus-Eggplant Wizard or Medusa
Wario-Ashley? maybe, not very familiar with this awesome series
Mother-Got Porky and Pig King Statue
F-Zero-Black Shadow
G&W-.........Help? Any ideas?
Plus you could add some random cool bosses from other games too, like....... Professor Kawashima from Brain Age!!!!! XD

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo could've been an epic final smash for pt trainer

Okay lame pokemon come back!
Go mewtwo!
</owned>

But I hear Mewtwo changed his name to Tabuu in Brawl...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Here is my list of bosses that could of added to SSE from numerous series

1. Mewtwo (Pokemon) - Ok the guy wasn't a PC but a Boss in SSE would have eased Mewtwo fans pain. Also Mewtwo could have been a lot tougher with a boss powerbar and boss like moves. I think he would have been excellent as a villian in SSE and would have fit the role well. He could have appeared as a boss on the Halberd or maybe in the Temple to duel with PT and Lucas.

2. Dr. Robotnik (Sonic the Hedgehog) - Yeah Sonic was added late and this hurt his chances, but how epic would it have been to see Dr. Robotnik standing next to Bowser and Ganondorf during the great invasion scene. Or to stroll out in one of his confernal contraptions to duel with Kirby, Mario, or Link. Also Dr. Robotnik could have brought his legion of badniks and other Robots. In fact he could have been the mastermind behind the ROB armies.

3. Dodono (Legend of Zelda) - Not sure if I spelled this right. The giant crap/centepede thing from LOZ series that appears in the original and in Windwaker. Having him pop out in one of the cave levels would have been epic. IMO any of the Zelda bosses or villians would have been great, I mean after all Ganondorf was the mastermind behind most of the SS Army's plots, where were his minions at? Bowser had his.

4. Wart (Super Mario Bros 2) or Tatanga (Super Mario Land) - What a good chance to bring a class villian back. Either of these would have been great although Tatanga may have the advantage since SMB2 was not really realized in Japan (Lost Levels was SMB2) and because Tatanga would fit well with the SSE almost alien space theme throughout the game. Both would have been great for nastalgia reasons.

5. Dark Samus (Metroid Prime) - instead of fighting two Samuses for the suit. ZSS and Pikachu should have took on Samus' alternate personality.

6. King K. Rool - I know he has been overvoiced as a should have been PC. However, King K. Rool really fit the boss spot better. He could have appeared in one of the swamp stages. However, I don't see him as too much of an evil genius to be one of the main bosses. I still say Bowser, Ganondorf, Dr. Robotnik, and Mewtwo should have been the four standing on that bridge during the great invasion.

I am starting to thin out here. I think there was a lot of untapped potential that could have gone into the SSE.

How does K. Rool fit the boss spot better? If he does... Bowser does. End of story.

Bosses in this game were designed to be characters that are naturally huge. K. Rool is nowhere near the size of ridley or Porky's machine or Petey... or Rayquaza?? Ad K. Rool had much more potential to be a character. And what do you mean overvoiced?

Anyway, as a boss, I would have liked to see

1. Eggman in one of his many fantastic machines

2. Emporer Bulblax. As a Pikmin fan, I was disappointed to find that the major boss of the 1st game and a big boss of the 2nd game, did not even recieve a trophy. Empress Bulblax did. Why? Anyway, this guy would have been great as a boss, with the ability to grab you with his tongue, and many other great things.

3. A more realistic boss from the DK series, would be either the cannonball dropping bird-boss from Dkc2, or the flamingo from DKC1. Or Turret Tusk from DK-JB.

And thats it for me.

Trace_User500

Smash Apprentice
My ideas:
Kracko(Kirby) Moves-Lightning, sparks, Waddle Dee/Doo spawning, tackle, spark sheild, and breaking the terrain.
Place-The cloudy place with Pit and Mario. This would be so perfect.
Titan Dweevil(Pikmin 2)
Moves-Comedy Bomb, Monster Pump, Shock Therapy, and whatever the other one is(fire).
Place-Forest with Link and Yoshi. This guy is so awesome!
Metroid Prime
I never got to this guy, so I don't know his moves.
Place-Research with Samus and Pika. Two metroid bosses in such a short time might be a stretch.
Maazaal(Zelda)
Moves-Fire breath, lasers, multiple moves with hands.
Place-Ruins with PT and Lucas. All Zelda bosses rock!
Octopus(G&W)
Moves-Tentacles, ink.
Place-Subspace. Not exactly a G&W fan.
Phazon-Enhanced Duon.
Moves-All of Duon's previous moves are now enhanced by Phazon and do freakishly crazy amounts of damage. His pink side now has a huge Samus' Final Smash-style laser.
Place-An extra boss in Great Maze you say? No, that can't be right...
I hope you like my ideas!

Patinator

Smash Champion
Phazon-Enhanced Duon.
Moves-All of Duon's previous moves are now enhanced by Phazon and do freakishly crazy amounts of damage. His pink side now has a huge Samus' Final Smash-style laser.
Place-An extra boss in Great Maze you say? No, that can't be right...
I hope you like my ideas!
This is pure brilliance. I doubt anyone would've thought of that. Perfect SSE Fanfic material... You just gave me a brilliant idea! :)

I think a Phazon-enchanced Galleom would be interesting too; a rebuilt Galleom...

volbound1700

Smash Master
How does K. Rool fit the boss spot better? If he does... Bowser does. End of story.

Bosses in this game were designed to be characters that are naturally huge. K. Rool is nowhere near the size of ridley or Porky's machine or Petey... or Rayquaza?? Ad K. Rool had much more potential to be a character. And what do you mean overvoiced?

Anyway, as a boss, I would have liked to see

1. Eggman in one of his many fantastic machines

2. Emporer Bulblax. As a Pikmin fan, I was disappointed to find that the major boss of the 1st game and a big boss of the 2nd game, did not even recieve a trophy. Empress Bulblax did. Why? Anyway, this guy would have been great as a boss, with the ability to grab you with his tongue, and many other great things.

3. A more realistic boss from the DK series, would be either the cannonball dropping bird-boss from Dkc2, or the flamingo from DKC1. Or Turret Tusk from DK-JB.

And thats it for me.
King K. Rool's movesets. Don't get me wrong I would have jumped for joy at his announcement. Pikmin needed more stuff. So did Sonic... very little from Sonic Universe made game and that was dissappointing.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Black Knight, Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Andross as a Boss rather than an AT, Ridley staying, Petey Piranha too, Porky also, Zant/Vaati/Skull Kid, Kamek, Eggman, Liquid Snake. Can't think of more right now, maybe Black Shadow too.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
I was about to suggest Dr. Robotnik before I the paged loaded lol. Eggman would have been perfect simply because the infinite amount of boss battle scenarios you could make with him. Also whoever mentioned Heavy Lobster is a genius

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
Emperor Bulbax is the only one I can picture. All bosses that did appear were large and monster-like, and didn't appear as anything else (Assist Trophy, stage feature, etc.). Bulbax fits the bill nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom