• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Boss Select! Megaman Matchup Discussion 2.0

This weeks discussion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
The greninja boards are discussing the megaman MU. u guys should bring some input

:150:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
His D-air can land on rush and save tink's life, that makes it way better than any other matchup
I'm not sure i understand this, you mean that he can use his dair to land on rush when he can't recover, thus saving himself, and that is a good point for him?

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
I'm not sure i understand this, you mean that he can use his dair to land on rush when he can't recover, thus saving himself, and that is a good point for him?
Yes, Mega has a hard time punishing that and it is generally safe for toon link to do that. Rush will immediately cancel the animation and boost TL up meaning that he can then buffer another aerial to catch Megaman that way. Win/Win for TL if he can space the move properly

Moobussir

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I'm so sorry about not being there for your post. As you can tell, the Toon Link Smashboards are rather dead. Even myself, who tries to drive traffic towards Smashboards, doesn't use it a lot since it legit crashes my computer.

I was actually just watching CEO matches and I saw the Hyuga vs ScAtt match, but haven't watched it just yet. I'll watch it soon and give my impressions on the matchup, but it does seem 50/50 on paper, yeah.

I'd be down with playing a Mega Man here for the purposes of giving personal accurate accounts for the matchup. We can both learn a bit more of how it'll go, though I can't promise a match tbh since my health is extremely poor right now and idk if I'll have time to play due to that. Anyway, please let me know if you're down to fight and I'll try my best to be available to train for this discussion.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Ah, I'm so sorry about not being there for your post. As you can tell, the Toon Link Smashboards are rather dead. Even myself, who tries to drive traffic towards Smashboards, doesn't use it a lot since it legit crashes my computer.

I was actually just watching CEO matches and I saw the Hyuga vs ScAtt match, but haven't watched it just yet. I'll watch it soon and give my impressions on the matchup, but it does seem 50/50 on paper, yeah.

I'd be down with playing a Mega Man here for the purposes of giving personal accurate accounts for the matchup. We can both learn a bit more of how it'll go, though I can't promise a match tbh since my health is extremely poor right now and idk if I'll have time to play due to that. Anyway, please let me know if you're down to fight and I'll try my best to be available to train for this discussion.
Well, I hope you feel better soon. I know what it's like to not have health on your side, both physically and mentally. Have any of the other Toon Link mains had time to give their assessments?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Okay, so after some inactivity, I think we got some solid notes on Toon Link. I have some suggestions about who to discuss:
1. Villager
2. Cloud
3. Luigi
4. Bowser

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
I like the idea of revisiting cloud, but we should probably wait a little longer for that. Villager sounds good in the meantime

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I like the idea of revisiting cloud, but we should probably wait a little longer for that. Villager sounds good in the meantime
Why so? Cloud's a pretty big threat, and I feel that it would be a good time to talk about him sooner or later.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Mainly because we already talked about him earlier XD. Not saying we can't talk about him again, I'm just saying it might be a little bit too soon for that.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Mainly because we already talked about him earlier XD. Not saying we can't talk about him again, I'm just saying it might be a little bit too soon for that.
Oh yeah, we did. Forgot to check the beginning of the thread. Sorry about that.

I'm up for Villager. He's gonna be an interesting one to talk about.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I can get behind talking about Villager. My training partner is a Villager main so i know the MU like the back of my hand
Well congrats! You've become our expert on Villager! I remember that you wanted to talk about him last time, and I'm feeling the need to talk about him too.

Any other suggestions?

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Something I abuse vs all chars that cant grab you out of a Sh pellet on their shield is to cross em up with a MB in hand and do mix ups with zdrops on their shield/or on hit.

Villager cant do anything without stage behind him and you being in max pellet range.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I vote for Villager as well since we're already on the zoner vs zoner roller coaster ride and it would be fun to keep it going. As a matter of fact, I was going to suggest Villager for next week anyway. But, I guess I was too slow and Mega-Spider Mega-Spider beat me to the punch.

If not, I think Marth would be a pretty interesting choice since he is also a zoner (just not a projectile zoner like us) and has come out of nowhere and has gotten a lot of people thinking that he is a legit high tier, if not, a borderline top tier. Jeez, I wounder which character I know all too well is going through a similar phase right now? It certainly can't be Mega Man right? ;)

KrakatoaPower

Smash Rookie
I like the prospect of talking about villager.I've played about 3-4 in local tournaments and I used to main the character. That being said I was a noob when I did play him but I can help some on imput. Firstly, villagers pocket is almost useless in this matchup (unless he gets your f-smash, but don't use that move). Metal blade can still be used when pocketed and so can pellets. He can zone you out well but waking and power shielding I found worked best. Also, if the villager isn't familiar with the matchup you can bait a pocket and then cross him up in the air and get a grab or some other move. I can imput more later this is off the top of my head. I'd say that the mu is 55:45 Megaman's favor

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I vote for Villager as well since we're already on the zoner vs zoner roller coaster ride and it would be fun to keep it going. As a matter of fact, I was going to suggest Villager for next week anyway. But, I guess I was too slow and Mega-Spider Mega-Spider beat me to the punch.

If not, I think Marth would be a pretty interesting choice since he is also a zoner (just not a projectile zoner like us) and has come out of nowhere and has gotten a lot of people thinking that he is a legit high tier, if not, a borderline top tier. Jeez, I wounder which character I know all too well is going through a similar phase right now? It certainly can't be Mega Man right? ;)
I want to talk about Villager first since I feel that he's been a more consistent threat in the meta game. In terms of match ups, I do think Marth is more challenging than Villager, but Villager has some neat tricks that can catch us off guard if we aren't prepared.

Any objections to Villager?

KrakatoaPower

Smash Rookie
I want to talk about Villager first since I feel that he's been a more consistent threat in the meta game. In terms of match ups, I do think Marth is more challenging than Villager, but Villager has some neat tricks that can catch us off guard if we aren't prepared.

Any objections to Villager?
Yea lets do villager

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Okay, Villager it is! Someone tell the Villager boards to submit their thoughts on the MU.

:4villager: on paper, sounds like a terrible MU, or at least one aspect about him does. At first, many of us thought that Pocket was going to be the end of us. I mean, I remember seeing Villager pocket Samus' Charge Shot during the E3 2013 trailer and being terrified once I saw that Megs was announced. When the game came out, my fears were confirmed as many said that Villager destroys Mega Man, and I grew a huge hatred for the character (as if the Tree didn't do that enough). However, as I got more experience and when I took a look at Mega Man's move set in conjunction to Villager's Pocket, I realized that Villager wasn't as scary as I thought he was.

Now, Villager does benefit off pocketing our F-Smash, a move that is already tricky to use because of its end lag, but charging it during this match is a death sentence. You deserve to be killed for making a mistake like that. Everything else, however... he doesn't. If he pockets Metal Blade, he gains some decent options for damaging us and potential combos, but we can just get another one. Crash Bomber isn't effective, Leaf Shield is worthless from pocketing, pellets are meaningless. I've been hearing that Villager pocketing Air Shooter does cause some problems, but I haven't had this happen to really confirm that. Anyone that has been in that situation, please let us know. I can see Hard Knuckle being good for damage, but like F-Smash, it's almost like you're asking for it. This isn't a Samus situation where she gets completely shut down from Villager.

Villager, like Megs, has a great neutral game, and it's thanks to his tools (quite literally). He has his slingshot that's really annoying especially off stage, his aerials do solid damage, and of course, he has his Tree. Now, the tree isn't that bad when it comes to us. Metal Blade goes right through it, Crash Bomber explodes from impacting it, and since we're masters of spacing, the impact of the tree can't really do anything to us unless we got our shield broken. Keep in mind that the Axe from the tree is strong and can kill you earlier than you might anticipate.

When it comes to being offstage, this is the only aspect that I feel Villager beats us (beyond having a stronger damage output). Villager has insane recovery, easily the best out of the entire game, so edge guarding him is going to be a tough challenge. Spiking is possible, but not recommended. I often prefer to go Z-Drop MB to Slash Claw. It can still catch Villager, and is a great edge guarding tactic on the majority of the cast. Our recovery isn't bad in the aspect that we can make it back from off the stage, but it is a predictable one, and Villager is a character that thrives killing from off stage. His slingshot is fast and has decent knockback to it, and if you recover low, you could potentially get killed from the bowling ball, which is one of Villager's best options from off stage. It's tough to say which recovery option to go for, but I find that recovering too high can get us sling shotted and recovering too low can get us a ball to the head. Try to bait the ball if you can.

In terms of stages, Villager is similar to us: Isn't hampered from basic stages like FD, benefits from earlier blast zoned stages like Duck Hunt, and can really benefit from the platforms of Battlefield. I'm not sure if Villager struggles on Lylat Cruise like we do, but it's worth a shot if you feel brave (or reckless). Personally, I prefer to go to Smashville or Town and City when fighting Villager. I don't know, I just like killing him/her on his home turf. Mayor Mega Man is gonna bring some new changes to Animal Crossing. Isabelle, get me my 10 AM coffee! :p

Overall, despite Villager boasting great spacing options and excelling of stage, Megs doesn't suffer from most of the Villager traps like the Pocket or the Tree. However, off stage is where Megs has a problem with Villager, and edge guarding him is a challenge in of itself. In the end, I'm gonna give this MU a 55 :4megaman: to 45 :4villager: in Megs' favor.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Okay, Villager it is! Someone tell the Villager boards to submit their thoughts on the MU.

:4villager: on paper, sounds like a terrible MU, or at least one aspect about him does. At first, many of us thought that Pocket was going to be the end of us. I mean, I remember seeing Villager pocket Samus' Charge Shot during the E3 2013 trailer and being terrified once I saw that Megs was announced. When the game came out, my fears were confirmed as many said that Villager destroys Mega Man, and I grew a huge hatred for the character (as if the Tree didn't do that enough). However, as I got more experience and when I took a look at Mega Man's move set in conjunction to Villager's Pocket, I realized that Villager wasn't as scary as I thought he was.

Now, Villager does benefit off pocketing our F-Smash, a move that is already tricky to use because of its end lag, but charging it during this match is a death sentence. You deserve to be killed for making a mistake like that. Everything else, however... he doesn't. If he pockets Metal Blade, he gains some decent options for damaging us and potential combos, but we can just get another one. Crash Bomber isn't effective, Leaf Shield is worthless from pocketing, pellets are meaningless. I've been hearing that Villager pocketing Air Shooter does cause some problems, but I haven't had this happen to really confirm that. Anyone that has been in that situation, please let us know. I can see Hard Knuckle being good for damage, but like F-Smash, it's almost like you're asking for it. This isn't a Samus situation where she gets completely shut down from Villager.

Villager, like Megs, has a great neutral game, and it's thanks to his tools (quite literally). He has his slingshot that's really annoying especially off stage, his aerials do solid damage, and of course, he has his Tree. Now, the tree isn't that bad when it comes to us. Metal Blade goes right through it, Crash Bomber explodes from impacting it, and since we're masters of spacing, the impact of the tree can't really do anything to us unless we got our shield broken. Keep in mind that the Axe from the tree is strong and can kill you earlier than you might anticipate.

When it comes to being offstage, this is the only aspect that I feel Villager beats us (beyond having a stronger damage output). Villager has insane recovery, easily the best out of the entire game, so edge guarding him is going to be a tough challenge. Spiking is possible, but not recommended. I often prefer to go Z-Drop MB to Slash Claw. It can still catch Villager, and is a great edge guarding tactic on the majority of the cast. Our recovery isn't bad in the aspect that we can make it back from off the stage, but it is a predictable one, and Villager is a character that thrives killing from off stage. His slingshot is fast and has decent knockback to it, and if you recover low, you could potentially get killed from the bowling ball, which is one of Villager's best options from off stage. It's tough to say which recovery option to go for, but I find that recovering too high can get us sling shotted and recovering too low can get us a ball to the head. Try to bait the ball if you can.

In terms of stages, Villager is similar to us: Isn't hampered from basic stages like FD, benefits from earlier blast zoned stages like Duck Hunt, and can really benefit from the platforms of Battlefield. I'm not sure if Villager struggles on Lylat Cruise like we do, but it's worth a shot if you feel brave (or reckless). Personally, I prefer to go to Smashville or Town and City when fighting Villager. I don't know, I just like killing him/her on his home turf. Mayor Mega Man is gonna bring some new changes to Animal Crossing. Isabelle, get me my 10 AM coffee! :p

Overall, despite Villager boasting great spacing options and excelling of stage, Megs doesn't suffer from most of the Villager traps like the Pocket or the Tree. However, off stage is where Megs has a problem with Villager, and edge guarding him is a challenge in of itself. In the end, I'm gonna give this MU a 55 :4megaman: to 45 :4villager: in Megs' favor.
Why isn't there a like X10 button or something like that?! I'm just speechless lol. If I were Mega Man, wouldn't I want my E-Tank instead since I'm, you know, a super fighting robot?! Hey, at least Rush gets to be around with another dog that isn't a **** like Duck Hunt is since Isabelle is so sweet and innocent looking.

I just left a post on the Villager match up thread so that's covered.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Once again, to be fair, in the early days I never felt Villager hard countered Mega Man. He can only pocket one move at a time. And Mega Man has 2 moves worth pocketing (fsmash and uair) and one more that's annoying when pocketed (Leaf Shield). Fsmash is obvious why it is bad. Uair gets INCREASED knockback if Villager hits with it. I've been KO'd super early by it. Leaf Shield just comes out really fast and breaks through all of our stuff but isn't a problem really. Now when that pocket is filled, we can attack without much hesitation.

With that said, just toss Metal Blades at him frequently. It goes through his trees and rockets already. Now-a-days, Villagers love using their fairs and bairs in neutral. They're required to be airborne to use it but they can also use it very close to the ground. Either shield it or try and get in underneath it.

If Villager gets us off stage, we're in a bit of trouble. If we have to recover low, we're going to get a tree/bowling ball to the dome. We need to throw something at him to temporarily distract him. If we get Villager off stage, don't let him recover for free ever. He's so easy to hit if he's out there.

Overall, Villager is forced to play versus Mega Man different than the rest of the cast (just like everyone has to play differently versus us). We really do stop some of the things that make him strong.

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
Well Mega-Spider Mega-Spider just about summed up the MU. I guess i'm a lot more comfortable in the MU. Him having Air Shooter is pretty scary since it'll give him a pretty good option for catching our landing. Mixing up your recovery is a must since bowling ball is an ever present threat to us. Stages i like to take Villager are usually BF and FD. Not a fan of SV with it's small side blast lines and being harassed on the platform with Villager just using slingshot to hit us. DL64 is pretty good too but be wary of the tree sprout as the stage can make it hard to see at times. There isn't much else to say really. Pocket being almost useless is super good and we just play our usual game of playing neutral and racking up damage. I've always felt it was 60:40 Mega Man's favor but that might be me being comfortable playing this MU a whole ton. Mega-Spider Mega-Spider You summed it up really well. Good stuff!

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Well Mega-Spider Mega-Spider just about summed up the MU. I guess i'm a lot more comfortable in the MU. Him having Air Shooter is pretty scary since it'll give him a pretty good option for catching our landing. Mixing up your recovery is a must since bowling ball is an ever present threat to us. Stages i like to take Villager are usually BF and FD. Not a fan of SV with it's small side blast lines and being harassed on the platform with Villager just using slingshot to hit us. DL64 is pretty good too but be wary of the tree sprout as the stage can make it hard to see at times. There isn't much else to say really. Pocket being almost useless is super good and we just play our usual game of playing neutral and racking up damage. I've always felt it was 60:40 Mega Man's favor but that might be me being comfortable playing this MU a whole ton. Mega-Spider Mega-Spider You summed it up really well. Good stuff!
Thanks! I try to put in a lot of effort into these MU discussions. I had a lot to say about Villager because he's one of those MU's I kept a close eye on since the game came out. I'd say you have more experience with the MU from what you tell us. Also, thanks for adding information when it came to pocketing Air Shooter. Now I know to be careful whenever I come across a Villager. :)

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Since everything has already been said...

Just remember that you can crouch under Slingshots if he fires them too high, and that Top Spin can clank with them. Believe it or not, it helped me a few times already :p
Oh, and as obvious as it might be, if a tree comes out, make sure to destroy it. Crash Bomb & Metal Blade are perfect fits for this. Nothing is worth risking your life on an axe.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Since everything has already been said...

Just remember that you can crouch under Slingshots if he fires them too high, and that Top Spin can clank with them. Believe it or not, it helped me a few times already :p
Oh, and as obvious as it might be, if a tree comes out, make sure to destroy it. Crash Bomb & Metal Blade are perfect fits for this. Nothing is worth risking your life on an axe.
Not everything has been said. The Villager mains still need to add their input, and someone should find a video that has a Mega Man and a Villager fighting (most recent update is required). I kinda feel bad for stealing JesusMorpheus JesusMorpheus 's spotlight, since he probably has the most experience with the Villager MU out of all of us here. Despite how extensive my write up was, I still didn't know some things, mainly how Air Shooter can benefit Villager when he pockets it, and what's the best stage to take Villager to.

A lot's been said already, but we need more. MOAR I SAY!!!

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
Not everything has been said. The Villager mains still need to add their input, and someone should find a video that has a Mega Man and a Villager fighting (most recent update is required). I kinda feel bad for stealing JesusMorpheus JesusMorpheus 's spotlight, since he probably has the most experience with the Villager MU out of all of us here. Despite how extensive my write up was, I still didn't know some things, mainly how Air Shooter can benefit Villager when he pockets it, and what's the best stage to take Villager to.

A lot's been said already, but we need more. MOAR I SAY!!!
Don't feel too bad. I just didn't have time before you got it. You did pretty well in summing it up. It's just about what i'd say about the MU. But i would like to see what the different Villager mains say about it as well

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Me personally, I find fighting :4villager: to be a lot of fun (especially a good and respectable one) mainly because both characters have something that takes options away from the other character. Lemons and metal blades can nullify Villager's pocket, lloid rocket, and tree. Villager's pocket can nullify Mega Man's charge shot, air shooter, and hard knuckle. As others have said, charge shot is practically forbidden unless you enjoy having your shield broken or your stock taken away from. What sucks about air shooter is that normally when your opponent holds down when being launched by air shooter, they'll almost never get sent flying. Villager's pocketed air shooter on the other hands says "Screw that! You're going all the way up to your doom!", at around 105% standing on the bottom ground of Battlefield with di. It is possible to get out of it if your not caught directly in the middle of it, but it's hard to describe and I'm not fully sure if it's random or not so I would not have my hopes too high. Hard knuckle is similar to charge shot in that you really do not want Villager to pocket it, but at least it's not completely useless. Still though, a pocketed hard knuckle gives Villager plenty of options; being able to kill Mega Man at point blank range from the center of Battlefield at around 85% and increases Villager's offstage game even more; which is scary because Villager is already one the best edge guarders in the entire game.

Speaking of offstage, Villager is a flat out monster when it comes to preventing you from coming back. Not only does he/she have bowling balls and trees for those that recover low, but he/she also has his/her sling shot for those that try to recover a little high and that's not all he/she can do. He/she can also carry you across the stage with his/her sling shot both on and offstage, has lingering hitboxes with his turnips, and can also mess up your recovery diagonally by throwing flower pots at you. He/she pretty much has almost every angle covered and thank Mashpotato Samurai and crew for allowing Mega Man to use his 2nd jump after using his up-b as a mix-up option or else it would be really bad.

With all of that being said, we shut down Villager's main game plan and leave him/her with a lot less options. As crippling as pocket is to some of Mega Man's projectiles, it's a lot less devastating compared to what our lemons and metal blades can do to Villager's main tools. For starters, Villager is one of the slowest characters in the game and has a lot of unsafe OoS options with only really having jab and nair which both come out at f3, and maybe d-tilt (f9) depending on how far away you are and if you perfect shield that as reliable options. It also doesn't help that despite Villager's grab being the second strongest in the game, it's also slow and punishable with a spot dodge as it comes out as soon as f15 and its' faf is f56. Compare that to Mega Man's grab which comes out as soon as f6 while having a faf at f31. That's a huge difference. Add all of that on top of Mega Man being able to use lemons to stuff out pocket, lloid rocket, and coming out faster than sling shot by at least 3 frames along with having metal blades, crash bomber, and leaf shield to harass Villager equates to Villager being uncomfortable in the neutral compared to most of his other match ups as he/she is usually the one that dictates the pace of the game. It is however worth noting that Villager can just plant the seed near the ledge and then water it so the tree can grow and cover a lot options. Also, just because you're away from the tree, that doesn't mean you're safe from the axe as some Villager players out there only plant and water the tree just so they can gain access to the axe.

If available, I'd definitely take Villager to Final Destination as Villager wouldn't have access to platforms to drop bowling balls and flower pots and possibly Battlefield as the platforms on that stage would be the least problematic for us thanks to the large blast zones. I'd consider banning either Town & City or Lylat as those stages tend to benefit Villager's edge guarding game; making it even more difficult to come back.

Despite all of the bad stuff that Villager can do to us, if we play smart and optimally, then I truly feel that this match up is 60:40 in :4megaman:'s favor. Sure, Villager can give us serious trouble offstage and has his pocket. However, Mega Man just simply does what Villager does in the neutral, but better as lemons are just a superior version of the sling shot in almost every way and lloid rocket; which is one of Villager's most important tools, is a lot less valuable.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Mythzotick Mythzotick I knew deep down that using Hard Knuckle in this MU wasn't a bright idea. I just knew that something wasn't right when I used it in the early meta days.
CopShowGuy CopShowGuy Sorry. I forgot to credit you by mistake. I read your note, but mentioning you slipped my mind. ^_^;

I think I should bring some attention to what I've been thinking about. I don't think we should spend a week on MUs anymore. If anything, I think we should conclude talking about a character if there's no other input available. I also feel that waiting a week for other message boards to get back to us isn't enough time. For example, Mythzotick Mythzotick contacted the Tink boards, it took days for one to even respond. The same thing is happening with the Villager boards. I know people have their own lives, and the amount of time it takes for them to get to us doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that we set this time limit, and if they don't get to us in time, move on, time for the next character. I feel that it harms us because we need all the feedback we can get, even if it isn't positive. Maybe someone thinks a character we think we beat beats us? That could be used as a way to figure out new ways to get around that character.

Sorry if I'm coming off as preachy, but I feel that we need to take this in mind so we can be more successful in the future.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
I add a little vs villager. When edge guarding him when he recovers low dropping down facing the stage and pop his ballons with pellets is hilarious and works really well.

Villager needs to grab the ledge when recovering unless he wants to eat tremendous punishes. That makes trumping with leafshield very good and pops him down. Thats when you fall down and shoot his ballons with pellets. A good villager tend to be better then most at teching more common stage spikes like drop down bair etc. But there is no saving them when their ballons are gone.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Mega-Spider Mega-Spider I'm indifferent on whether we talk about a certain match up for a week or keep talking about a certain match up until we feel like we've got everything we need to know as they both have their pros and cons. On one hand, you have it organized and you know when a certain match up is still in discussion or when we're about to start talking about the next match up. On the other hand, you can get as much information as possible and in little time if it wraps up pretty quickly. I will say that for the non weekly method is that it could get problematic if a match up discussion goes by way too fast or drags out for too long as that has happened in this thread twice already. I propose the idea of maybe having a time frame ending any time between at the least 5 days to at the most 10 days. I feel like having a match up discussion for less than 5 days is premature or for more than 10 days would be over staying its' welcome. But hey, that's just me. It could be one of those things that may sound good on paper, but no so much when brought to life.

I also support the idea of revisiting a previous match up discussion, but only if the match up has changed drastically over the course of time if one of or both of the characters have new game changing tricks and the way the match up is usually played out also changes drastically as we've only talked about 16 characters so far with still over 40 characters to go.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Mega-Spider Mega-Spider I'm indifferent on whether we talk about a certain match up for a week or keep talking about a certain match up until we feel like we've got everything we need to know as they both have their pros and cons. On one hand, you have it organized and you know when a certain match up is still in discussion or when we're about to start talking about the next match up. On the other hand, you can get as much information as possible and in little time if it wraps up pretty quickly. I will say that for the non weekly method is that it could get problematic if a match up discussion goes by way too fast or drags out for too long as that has happened in this thread twice already. I propose the idea of maybe having a time frame ending any time between at the least 5 days to at the most 10 days. I feel like having a match up discussion for less than 5 days is premature or for more than 10 days would be over staying its' welcome. But hey, that's just me. It could be one of those things that may sound good on paper, but no so much when brought to life.

I also support the idea of revisiting a previous match up discussion, but only if the match up has changed drastically over the course of time if one of or both of the characters have new game changing tricks and the way the match up is usually played out also changes drastically as we've only talked about 16 characters so far with still over 40 characters to go.
I just don't want things to stagnate and want to keep things moving. That's all. I'm all for revisiting a character, but only if that character's meta has changed so much and that new strats have been found to deal with us.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
So who do we feel like talking about next? I've been thinking lately in no particular order either Bayonetta, Bowser, Marth, Mewtwo, Sonic, or ZSS.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Mewtwo (I dont think we have discussed him) could be good. Although I think hes a tad overrated, I wont deny that he is still a strong character and an interesting matchup

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I personally want to talk about Marth. Since we're on the topic of spacing characters, I think we should continue that trend by going with a character that's in a similar position as us: Once thought as nothing more than mid/low tier, but thanks to one or more players, is seen more favorably.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
None here. If we are going to talk about :4marth:, I think we should also talk about or at least briefly mention :4lucina:since she is really similar to Marth with the only real difference is that one has tippers and the other one is more well balanced.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
None here. If we are going to talk about :4marth:, I think we should also talk about or at least briefly mention :4lucina:since she is really similar to Marth with the only real difference is that one has tippers and the other one is more well balanced.
Yeah, let's take Lucina into account as well. I have different notes for her than I do with Marth, so don't be surprised to hear me say some different things for her.

Top Bottom