• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Ideas

D

Deleted member

Ruined Dragon
O2
Lord Fredrick
Rabbid Kong
The Calamity

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Necrozma/Ultra Necrozma (2-part battle)
Dr. Eggman
Giygas
Dr. Wily
Andross
Lord Frederik
Medeus or Anankos or Velezark
DJ Octavio

Honorable Mentions: Zero (Kirby), Majora, Volcarona

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Dr. Eggman
Andross
Mother Brain
And the glorious returns of Duon and Porky.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
DJ Octavio
Ultra Necrozma
Lord Fredrick
Armor Ritter
Cagney Carnation
Yaldabouth
Cyberdemon
King Boo
Giygas

Last edited:

qerl08

Smash Rookie
I kind of would like corrin's dragon form to be a boss, it would be very unique to have a "Good guy" be a boss. it could also be interesting for a boss to have who's strengths lie in agility and evasion (I think it could be (relatively) smaller than the other bosses) rather than power and tankiness.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Duon and Porky makin' a comeback.
Yellow Devil, Metal Head, and all other stage bosses removed from the stages and made into proper boss encounters.
Shadow Queen (Paper Mario).
Heavy Lobster.
Zero-Two (The living manifestation of misery from Kirby, not the dinosaur anime lady with the pink hair).
DJ Octavio.
Hades.
Andross.
Emperor Bulblax.
Kraid.
Adam Malcovich.
Huey Emmerich as a joke boss.
Metal Gear REX.
Egg Dragoon.
E-101 Beta MK2.
Diablon.
Necron.
True Ogre.

No point in adding Majora, Zant, Galacta Knight, Masked Man, Octolings, Black Knight, Medusa, Sylux, Dr. Eggman, Dr. Wily, any of the Street Fighter Villains, Kefka, Sephiroth, Kuja, Heihachi, Henry Cooldown or Risky Boots as bosses when you can just make them playable characters.

D

Deleted member

Captain Onishima (Jet Set Radio)

because if he's there, wouldn't there also be a playable character from the series he's from, maybe like BEAT FROM JET SET RADIO.

if Captain Onishima is there, then it's an almost guaranteed for my boi Beat to get in. Even if Beat from Jet Set Radio doesn't get in, it still would be nice to see that SEGA didn't forget about Jet Set Radio if this happened. Plus I think fighting Captain Onishima would be a challenging yet fun boos battle.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Mother Brain. With the second phase from Super Metroid.

Emperor Bulborb if you're in the mood for a niche pick. Not sure if there's something more fitting in 2 or 3 though.

Table Cat

Smash Apprentice
Here's my ideas:

Kraid: finally he made an appearence in a glorious HD graphic, but it's quite a waste to use that amazing 3D model only for a stage hazard. His boss fight could be placed in a stage similar to the Castle Siege's third segment, where he attacks throwing his claws and maybe some new attack like fireballs.
Andross: this guy fits perfectly well as a boss. Of course he has to appear with his modern design, unlike the assist trophy. The fact that he uses his floating hands for attacking makes him kinda similar to Master and Crazy Hand, but of course his attacks will be different. This boss fight could have more phases, the first one where we have to destroy the hands, and the second one where we have to hit his head.
UltraNecrozma: even if i hate with all my soul the gen 7, i think that this would be the best Pokémon boss in Smash (excluding the possible Rayquaza return). The boss fight could be placed in the Ultramegalopolis main tower (just like in the original game) and his attacks could be energy balls, beams etc. Sometimes he could hide inside ultra wormholes and reapper below us, like Marx does. When he got defeated his light body will dissolve, letting his few solid parts fall to the ground.
Enderdragon: i don't want any Minecraft representation in the game (at most an assist trophy), but since Vergeben "leaked" (even if it's not that believable anymore) the presence of a new boss from Minecraft i figured the possible Enderdragon boss fight. Basically many of his moves could be cloned from the Rathalos, he will ram and spit purple fire (made with pixels). When he got defeated, he will explode throwing cubes (like the enemies in the movie "Pixels").

These are my ideas for the new bosses, but i would really apreciate if the will bring back the Brawl's ones, especially Rayquaza, Porky (he doesn't even have a spirit, this is kinda weird), Petey and why not Tabuu.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rayquaza being a boss again would've been interesting, especially with it being able to mega evolve. On the lower intensities, however, you would only face normal Rayquaza.

If the intensity is 5.0 or above, when Rayquaza loses half of its HP, it'll perform mega evolution, and fully heal all the damage that it took. Mega Rayquaza would be far stronger, and can create strong winds to try to push the player off the battlefield.

On a side note, the player is given a recovery item before facing Mega Rayquaza.

Table Cat

Smash Apprentice
TheTrueBrawler TheTrueBrawler
Good picks, i see you used the icons made by Scooby at my request.
Mother Brain could be a cool idea if it's her second form from Super Metroid, but in my opinion Kraid would be a better boss.

D

Deleted member

Got around thinking of 3 bosses in no particular order, though these are from games that I've played before.

Titan Dweevil (Pikmin 2)

I've never played the 3rd installment to see whether if Plasm Wraith would fit as a Smash Boss, but I have finished Pikmin 2 before. Titan Dweevil is 1 of those bosses that could fit well as a Smash boss. What would make this boss stand out is that you have to take out all 4 weapons with each 1 lost limiting Titan Dweevil's attacks. Although there are only 4 attacks that it uses, that shouldn't stop the Smash team from creating new attacks for it. Once all weapons are gone, this leads Dweevil not being able to attack anymore and vulnerable to getting hit. It may perhaps the easiest of bosses out of the 3 proposed here.

The Final Floor of Dream Den would definitely be the stage for Titan Dweevil.
The intro to Titan Dweevil would be very similar to how it's introduced in the game, with Louie sitting on some treasure only for it to rise up from the ground. In defeat, Titan Dweevil bubbles up and explodes with the King of Bugs treasure falling on the floor.

Super Dimentio (Super Paper Mario)

Super paper Mario is 1 of my favorite games of all time, and it's crazy to think that Dimentio and Mr L are the only Super Paper Mario related spirits in Ultimate (plus Dimentio would perfectly fit as an AT). Nonetheless, Super Dimentio has a freakish design that makes it super memorable as a final boss. Although the boss fight in the game is pretty underwhelming in execution, Smash could do more justice in making Super Dimentio challenging and terrifying than the original game. Plus the theme when you fight Super Dimentio (The Ultimate Show) is incredible and wish that it, as well as most of Super Paper Mario's OST, get remixed more often.

Super Dimentio's stage would be the last stage in Castle Bleck with moving platforms.
Super Dimentio's intro would start with Dimentio watching a sprouted Luigi jumping into a Chaos Heart, turning into Super Dimentio with Dimentio entering its mouth afterwards. In defeat, Super Dimentio explodes, with only its head landing on the floor exploding while Luigi is spat out of its mouth.

Daimon (Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen)

The likelihood of any Dragon's Dogma representation in Smash are very slim considering it's not 1 of Capcom's biggest IPs, but it did get a Switch port at least. I've played DD:DA over 30 times and came to the realization that the final boss of Bitterblack Isle from the Dark Arisen expansion moves just like any of the bosses in Smash, if not faster. He's got a lot of attacks in his arsenal that range from physical attacks to magic attacks to even an instakill black hole that drains stamina called Rift Vortex (which I could imagine this move doing continuous damage to characters unless you hit him hard enough). Daimon is the hardest boss of the entire game since as previously stated he's the final boss of Bitterblack Isle and deals a lot of damage, not to mention he rarely staggers, and the only way of staggering him is if you hit him enough times while he does his rift vortex and the following attack after. Of all the possible 3rd party bosses out there, Daimon is the 1 that strikes out as the most Smash Bros-esque boss to me.

Bitterblack Sanctum even feels like a Smash boss stage, and it'd be cool to see Daimon knocking down pillars during the fight.
Daimon's intro would play exactly like the cutscene before the bossfight, where he stands up and jumps towards the protagonist, and his defeat sequence would play exactly like the cutscene after defeating him with the exception of Ashe's spirit emerging from Daimon's chest.

Daimon also has a 2nd form in the game when you go though Bitterblack Isle a 2nd time. In this form, his chest turns into a face resembling that of the dragon, he moves a bit slower, but his attacks are stronger, his size is bigger, he floats around the stage, and the torso/face is the only weakspot he has. If they decide to give Daimon his 2nd form in Smash, it'd play out like a reverse version of the Dracula Bossfight. Daimon's transformation from his 1st form to his 2nd would play out exactly like the cutscene but just without the blood and the dialogue. This would be the same with his defeat animation though it'd exclude the corpse rotting away.

Honorable mention goes to King Hippo since he could be big enough for a boss but also big enough for a heaviweight fighter.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Mother Brain [Metroid]
Andross(N64 version) [Star Fox]
Giratina [Pokemon]
Porky [Earthbound]
Dark Dragon Medeus [Fire Emblem]
Medusa [Kid Icarus]
Liquid Snake piloting Metal Gear REX [Metal Gear]
Eggman piloting Death Egg Robot [Sonic the Hedgehog]
Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine [Mega Man]
Safer Sephiroth [Final Fantasy]

Last edited:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Maybe something like Smithy/the big sword to pay homage to Mario rpg. It shouldn't be that much of a stretch since Cloud is in the game now. And Mario Rpg was actually on a Nintendo system...cause you know it had the name Mario on it.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Duon and Porky makin' a comeback.
Yellow Devil, Metal Head, and all other stage bosses removed from the stages and made into proper boss encounters.
Shadow Queen (Paper Mario).
Heavy Lobster.
Zero-Two (The living manifestation of misery from Kirby, not the dinosaur anime lady with the pink hair).
DJ Octavio.
Hades.
Andross.
Emperor Bulblax.
Kraid.
Adam Malcovich.
Huey Emmerich as a joke boss.
Metal Gear REX.
Egg Dragoon.
E-101 Beta MK2.
Diablon.
Necron.
True Ogre.

No point in adding Majora, Zant, Galacta Knight, Masked Man, Octolings, Black Knight, Medusa, Sylux, Dr. Eggman, Dr. Wily, any of the Street Fighter Villains, Kefka, Sephiroth, Kuja, Heihachi, Henry Cooldown or Risky Boots as bosses when you can just make them playable characters.
Eggman and Wily...well, they're fine if they're bosses, but why would most of these characters, like Heihachi or the Octolings, be on the table at all...?

Anyways...

Demon Tower (Kingdom Hearts) just let me dream damnit

The stage for this battle is the Realm of Darkness. The Demon Tower, consisting of a swarm of Shadow Heartless, mostly just swooshes around and breaks up after a while, then reforms. Sounds simple, right? Well, it's not. The Shadows in the Demon Tower are fast and use a wide variety of moves. When together, they can get cunning and try to constrict you. When broken apart (which is at half health), they can flood over you like a wave and swirl around like a whirlpool.

D

Deleted member

• Rayquaza (Pokemon)
  • Porky (Mother)
  • Dark Matter (Kirby)
  • Kraid (Metroid)
  • Hades (Kid Icarus)
  • DJ Octavio (Splatoon)
  • King Boo (Luigi's mansion)
  • Kefka (Final fantasy)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I absolutely would love to have Petey, Rayquaza and Porky boss fights return from Brawl. Since we got Galleom back in as a boss, it shouldn't be too difficult for these to return and we already have Petey's model in-game.

Some additional bosses for other existing franchise in the game would be cool. M. Bison or Sagat would be good for a Street Fighter Boss, Kraid (they could even reuse its model from Brinstar Depths) for Metroid, and Dr. Eggman, if I can't have him playable, in the Death Egg Robot for Sonic, would all be good choices too. A Splatoon boss would be cool, though I haven't progressed in the story to know what would translate to a fun fight. For Mega Man, a Robot Master Boss Rush would be a nice twist on the boss battle formula; with the player fighting a series of eight slightly weaker bosses in succession instead of one big boss.

I also would like to see some more bosses from games that don't get playable characters like in the way Rathalos was handled. Perkilator Perkilator 's suggestion would be a great addition.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Chief Chilly (Mario)
KAOS (Donkey Kong)
Armogohma (Giant spider from Twilight Princess)
RB176 Ferrocrusher (Metroid)
Gator Train (Yoshi's Crafted World)
Zero (Kirby)
King Red-Eye (Star Fox)
Guzzlord (Pokemon S&M)
Giygas (Earthbound, the red nightmarish one)
One of the dragon bosses? (Fire Emblem)
Man-At-Legs (Pikmin, just imagine dodging the bullets and could have new weapons/attacks)
Bloomsday (Wario)
Scolopendra (Bayonetta)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
View attachment 194979
With this many, there would truly be a need for a boss rush mode.

The "Smash Bros" Icon by the way is Galeem and Dharkon at the same time.
I agree with all of these (to a degree, anyway) except Tabuu and Master Core. And I’m not exactly sure how I feel about the Enderdragon.

Maybe we could add someone like Seath the Scaleless or (one of my previous ideas) Magician Type-0?

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
My ideas for how Classic Mode bosses could have gone:
:ultmario::ultpeach::ultdoc::ultrosalina: Giga Bowser
:ultluigi: King Boo
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha: Dark Fawful
:ultdaisy: Tatanga
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool: Lord Fredrik
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda: Ganon
:ultyounglink: Skull Kid
:ulttoonlink: Vaati
:ultganondorf: Great Fairy
:ultsamus::ultzss: Mother Brain
:ultyoshi: Baby Bowser and Kamek
:ultkirby: :ultkingdedede:Marx
:ultmetaknight: Galacta Knight
:ultfox::ultfalco: Andross
:ultwolf: Aparoid Queen
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario: Rayquaza
:ultgreninja: Zygarde
:ultincineroar: Necrozma
:ultness::ultlucas: Porky
:ultfalcon: Deathborn
:ultgnw: The Octopus(?)
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena: Hades
:ultwario: Rudy the Clown
:ultsnake: One of the Metal Gears
:ultsonic: Chaos
:ultolimar: Plasm Wraith
:ultrob: Galleom
:ultmegaman: Dr. Wily
:ultlittlemac: Mr. Dream
:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter: The Dark Lord of Miitopia
:ultpacman: The Ghosts in their machine from PAC-MAN ARRANGEMENT
:ultshulk: Metal Face
:ultinkling: DJ Octavio
:ultsimon::ultrichter: Dracula
:ulticeclimbers::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt: Master Hand and Crazy Hand
:ultdarksamus::ultridley: :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin:*Joker* No ideas (because I'm unfamiliar with their games or I just don't know what to do)

Forgot a few by accident! But they are rather unimpressive...
:ultryu::ultken: M. Bison
:ultcloud: :ultbayonetta:Not sure

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:ultmario: - It’d be cool if instead of Giga Bowser you fought Ultimate Bowser from SM64 and to beat him you had to damage him sufficiently enough to throw him offstage.

:ultmegaman: - My initial thought is Wily Capsule 7 just to piss people off, but it’d be cool if they made one of the Robot Masters like Quick Man a boss.

:ultsonic: - Egg Viper, Death Egg Robot, Egg Dragoon, or Egg Emperor would all work, I think.

:ultkirby: - Obviously Galactica Knight is the only choice. He’s the quintessential Kirby superboss.

:ultryu: - M. Bison, obviously. And then when playing on higher difficulties, you would face Akuma instead.
A new take on Master Hand: he wields versions of famous Nintendo weapons scaled to his size.
-Master Sword
Master Hand wielding the Master Sword? What would you call that? The Master Master Sword? Or maybe the Maximum Oversword.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
You know, I’ve actually warmed up a bit to the idea of Master Core and Tabuu as bosses; maybe the former like in Smash 4, where you fight Master and/or Crazy Hand and then they change into Master Core, but with new forms; and the latter a secret boss in a boss rush mode. And while I’m thinking about it, here’s my personal list of bosses:

-Darkrai (fought by :ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultcorrin::ultdarksamus::ultfalco:): if Rathalos can be both an Assist item and a boss, then so can Darkrai IMO.
-Meta Ridley (fought by :ultsamus::ultzss::ultshulk::ultcloud::ultfalcon:): Giga Bowser and Ganon make this at least plausible.
-Duon (fought by :ulticeclimbers::ultmetaknight::ultfox::ultgnw::ultchrom:): I thought it was a missed opportunity for Ice Climbers and Meta Knight especially.
-Magician Type-0 (fought by :ultroy::ultlucina::ultsonic::ultincineroar::ultsheik:)

BowserKing

Smash Lord
As for who gets to fight the bosses in Classic Mode (with the bosses I choose above)

:ultness: and :ultlucas: will fight Porky
:ultike::ultcorrinf:and :ultsteve: will fight the Ender Dragon
:ultsamus::ultolimar: and :ultisabelle: will fight Mother Brain
:ultpikachu: and :ultlucario: will fight Giratina
:ultpokemontrainer: will fight Rayquaza
:ultfox: and :ultfalco: will fight Andross
Update: Since has joined years ago, I felt like updating this

Last edited:

i am idiot

Smash Rookie
  1. king boo
  2. tiki tong terror
  3. the blight ganons
  4. any boss (except ridley)
  5. galactica knight
  6. andross
  7. necrozma (2 part fight) or zygarde (4 part fight with each phase getting longer and longer)
  8. porky
  9. metal face
  10. any boss from persona 5 just cause jokers in ultimate

Top Bottom