• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Does everyone really have so much trouble by the Cage Slam? I've been hit by it, ah... Once? Just jump and airdodge.

I know what you mean. After I beat it with all my mains (and a few other people), I got to the point where I wanted to beat it with EVERYBODY on Intense. With a 16-hour car-trip, and some Intense skillz, I was able to do just that. :D
... You... How... :confused:

ytv

Smash Apprentice
Got done beating it with Yoshi was about 8 minutes long. Took a couple try's but got it eventually.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I know what you mean. After I beat it with all my mains (and a few other people), I got to the point where I wanted to beat it with EVERYBODY on Intense. With a 16-hour car-trip, and some Intense skillz, I was able to do just that. :D
Brawl + X = Playing Brawl in the car

In other words, what allowed you to play Brawl in the car?

IC3R

Smash Lord
Hmm, hey IC3R, doesn't Kirby's short and deflateable stature allow him to duck under the Cage Slam? I was able to do that with Snake on multiple occasions.
!!!! No effing way!!!! (I knew I could duck under Master/Crazy Hand's Flying Fist, though)

Does everyone really have so much trouble by the Cage Slam? I've been hit by it, ah... Once? Just jump and airdodge.
Yeah, but it helps when I'm not in the middle of using an attack (Giant Swing or Triple Kick), which I usually am--I'm a pretty offensive player.

I avoided the Cage Slam by Air Dodging after the first time as well, but I still very much dislike the attack. As for the Barb Chain, I keep confusing it with his Blade Glide and jump out of instinct...then get nabbed, slammed, and KO'd...

Very frustrating...

====================

@ Firus: There are DVD players with seat-strap screens, AV input, and car adapters as well. The Wii itself may not have a car adapter, but there is a special car adapter that has an outlet identical to a wall outlet, allowing the Wii to be plugged in. Luckily, Brawl doesn't require the Motion Sensor to work, so that's not a problem.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Try Toon Link (Dairs are easy to link and do good damage, while his projectiles are fairly safe and do decent damage), Fox (Shine and Blaster are fairly safe and rack up damage fairly quick), or Mario (Dair is quick and does a lot of damage, while cape and fireballs are fairly safe and do decent damage).

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
Avoid as much hits as possible; that is my strategy. Otherwise, get ready to be destroyed by the likes of Porky and Rayquaza.

S2

Smash Lord
Well I'm getting down to the wire on my Boss Battles Intense runs.

I've finished Intense with all but 4 characters and its been a lot of fun. I'm thinking about writing a small faq, anyone interested?

Patinator

Smash Champion

I've finished Intense with all but 4 characters and its been a lot of fun. I'm thinking about writing a small faq, anyone interested?
YES YES YES YES. HOW THE CRUD DID YOU DO THAT?! :O

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
!!!! No effing way!!!! (I knew I could duck under Master/Crazy Hand's Flying Fist, though)

Yeah, but it helps when I'm not in the middle of using an attack (Giant Swing or Triple Kick), which I usually am--I'm a pretty offensive player.

I avoided the Cage Slam by Air Dodging after the first time as well, but I still very much dislike the attack. As for the Barb Chain, I keep confusing it with his Blade Glide and jump out of instinct...then get nabbed, slammed, and KO'd...

Very frustrating...
I know what you mean...the attacks I have the most trouble with on Boss Battles are those that look similar on startup. You do one thing to prepare and then BOOM! Unexpectedly owned.

@ Firus: There are DVD players with seat-strap screens, AV input, and car adapters as well. The Wii itself may not have a car adapter, but there is a special car adapter that has an outlet identical to a wall outlet, allowing the Wii to be plugged in. Luckily, Brawl doesn't require the Motion Sensor to work, so that's not a problem.
Ah...lucky. I don't have a DVD Player in my car. Guess that didn't occur to me. Well, there's always portable games.

Sierra Wolf

Smash Rookie
Brawl + X = Playing Brawl in the car

In other words, what allowed you to play Brawl in the car?
TV screen in the car, and an adapter that allowed me to plug the Wii into the car. :chuckle:

That's pretty much what's happened with me. I beat it with everyone, and I'm even writing a guide right now. :psycho: (I wrote a mini-guide on GameFAQs. If anyone's interested, just search for "mini-guide")

BlueBlood

Smash Rookie
Finally pulled off BB on intense about 2 days ago with fox in 8:07. Its more or less just repetition after a while which allows you to 0% most of the bosses once you start to notice what they do and when.

S2

Smash Lord
Well SierraWolf, if you're already writing a guide then best of luck to you. I'm not all that passionate about doing it, so I'm going to opt out and let you write one :) Besides, my always expanding Zelda guide already sucks up a good amount of time.

As you probably know (having done Intense with everyone), once you get the bosses down then its really not too bad.

The only thing that angers me is when you make a dumb mistake on Tabuu. I'm more frustrated with the Red Rings of death now, since if I mistime the dodge... I'll know it even before I actually get hit. Kinda sadistic, considering that I tend to screw up on Tabuu after having near perfect runs more often than when I barely scrape through the other bosses.

Sierra Wolf

Smash Rookie
Well SierraWolf, if you're already writing a guide then best of luck to you. I'm not all that passionate about doing it, so I'm going to opt out and let you write one :) Besides, my always expanding Zelda guide already sucks up a good amount of time.
Hehe, thanks. I wrote a mini-guide at first, then a lot of people encouraged me to expand on it, clean it up, etc, and make it into a full guide. :) But yeah, any guide will do that with your time. :ohwell:

As you probably know (having done Intense with everyone), once you get the bosses down then its really not too bad.

The only thing that angers me is when you make a dumb mistake on Tabuu. I'm more frustrated with the Red Rings of death now, since if I mistime the dodge... I'll know it even before I actually get hit. Kinda sadistic, considering that I tend to screw up on Tabuu after having near perfect runs more often than when I barely scrape through the other bosses.
Yep, nobody on GameFAQs believed me when I said I did, but really it's not that hard after you've beaten it with a few people. The hard part is doing it the first time. And yeah, that's what happened to me a lot, mainly with the characters I'm not familiar with, because I don't know the timing for their dodges. Either that, or I stupidly get caught in his sword-slash thing when trying to attack him, then when I'm at 150% I get caught in an exploding teleport. XD

Pablicio

Smash Rookie
Anyone else tried Zelda? I got up to eight with her in one of my first few tries. It is very easy to sweetpot her bair and fair on them and it does alot of damage, and you can also use Din's Fire when it is a little dangerous.

SkipSandwich

Smash Rookie
Finally finished it with Lucas. His nair and PK Freeze are great for most bosses, and his dtilt works wonders on Rayquaza and Porky.
Never thought of trying it with Zelda...that would probably work pretty well.

On to stickers and trophies!

Patinator

Smash Champion
I did it earlier! Guess who? Come on!!!

...Jigglypuff!

No, actually, it was Fox. I feel SO special. -_-; At least it worked.

I did find Sonic and Pit to be competent, actually. I only took 22% from Tabuu! And I used my SECOND Heart Container for the ninth boss. o_O

Now I set my sights on 10 Cruel Alloys... *Gulp*

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I did it on my second try....

Yes i said that, ON MY SECOND TRY!!!

Call me lucky, or maybe i just have insane skills...

Tips if you want to beat it in less then 3 trys like me:

1) Patience
2) Defense first offense second
3) Use Charzard
4) Play like Redragon

Redragon

S2

Smash Lord
Yep, nobody on GameFAQs believed me when I said I did, but really it's not that hard after you've beaten it with a few people. The hard part is doing it the first time. And yeah, that's what happened to me a lot, mainly with the characters I'm not familiar with, because I don't know the timing for their dodges. Either that, or I stupidly get caught in his sword-slash thing when trying to attack him, then when I'm at 150% I get caught in an exploding teleport. XD
Yeah. Actually I'm changing what I said before based on something you mentioned. What angers me the most is dodging all of Tabuu's rings, dodging them again, and then doing something stupid that gets me killed (like double-jumping with Ike, getting hit by something stupid like the teleport explosion and being just out of recovery range right when your about to finish Tabuu off). Ugh. Ironically, this happens to me most when I'm playing as characters that are easier to finish Intense with.

Anyone else tried Zelda? I got up to eight with her in one of my first few tries. It is very easy to sweetpot her bair and fair on them and it does alot of damage, and you can also use Din's Fire when it is a little dangerous.
Yeah, Zelda isn't too bad. Not as easy as some, but still pretty good. Din's spam, play defensively and sweetspot everytime you're close. Basically every f/b-air will sweetspot. Too bad though that damagewise these aren't as good as other character's multi-hit attacks. Quick attacks you can hit over and over in succession in a small time frame tend to do the most damage. The b/f-air does a lot of damage, but it's slow.

And don't forget she has a reflector. This is very important in the Duon battle. What is normally a hard boss can be beaten by
1.) Spamming Din's from far away while avoiding his melee attacks for his blade half.
2.) Reflecting his shots for big damage on the laser half.
That and airdoding his own missiles into him. Which is even easier with Zelda, since if you don't have the timing yet, transforming into Sheik will make you completely invulnerable.

Myrmidon

Smash Cadet
not that it's a completely plausible way of going about it but...perhaps, this may help a little bit...

I was just trying to the Galleom trophy, and playing him on Intense (obviously). My lead was Charizard, because I had read that spamming Rock Smash was an effective way to whittle down bosses' HP. (followed by Zelda/Samus/Falco to make up the difference)

after one loss, I wound up starting with Squirtle...instead of giving and re-entering with Charizard again, I just used Withdraw over and over.

Not only did I on occasion manage 2 consecutive hits against Galleom, but I took 1% damage the entire match (caused by not cancelling my Withdraw fast enough).

A subsequent attempt against Duon worked just as well, though it netted me a death for sloppy play.

perhaps, if someone's attempting to just use Rock Smash for most of the bosses, this could be an effective way to get around Galleom and Duon with little to no chance of getting hurt?

katanagash

Smash Apprentice
So far I've beaten Boss Battles up to hard mode at this time. Whenever I do it on intense mode, I'm going to use Fox's down air to rack off some good damage. That's how I beat hard mode.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I beat it yesterday :D Lucas is epic. nair and dair do wonders. His dsmash is a nightmare against Galleom, but at the cost of leaving him vulnerable to counterattacks. Tabuu himself is an irritant and his only dangerous move is the three red rings. I'e played intense so much that all the other modes are a joke.

Hate Porky, I can never dodge that **** laser of his.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
OMFG YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS! I just beat the ninth boss with one heart left! I was running to get the heart but I tripped and rolled forward into the warp! ARRRGGHHH!!! :(:(:(

Patinator

Smash Champion
OMFG YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS! I just beat the ninth boss with one heart left! I was running to get the heart but I tripped and rolled forward into the warp! ARRRGGHHH!!! :(:(:(
I believe it, because it's happened to me before. Only it wasn't the ninth boss, it was the sixth or fifth. I trip, roll into the warp with 96%, and meet my arch-nemesis, who I oh-so-affenctionately refer to as Porkchop or Pork-for-Brains.

Man was I mad! :laugh:

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
I think it's ironic; Porky is sooo evil and annoying to me. Everyone says they go through all the bosses with 0% damage through all of them and then die at Taboo. Taboo is actually really easy to me...but Porky, oh God...by the way I did it with Pit and Wolf, no I don't arrow spam lol

SirKibble

Smash Champion
After much further deliberation, I have now done Boss Battles on Intense with:

Toon Link
Ness
Kirby

Working on doing it with Meta Knight, since he's my best and favorite character, but it's tough with absolutely no ranged attacks to speak of, and no hard-hitting blows (Kirby's hammer and Ness's PK Flash work wonders, I tell you).

I maintain that Porky and Duon are the hardest bosses by far. Tabuu is nothing compared to either of them...

S2

Smash Lord
This post is completely selfish in every way. And I'm okay with that.

I have finished boss battles on intense with every character. I rule.

EDIT: I still rule

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
I think I took care of this challenge as soon as possible to make the rest of my challenge completion list faster. Haha. I'm too lazy to complete BBI with every character. I've only done it with Lucas. And got to 9 with Pit. But yeah... way too lazy to complete it with everyone.

Lord Omikron666

Smash Rookie
I did it with Charizard, his side-B, a whole lot of dodging, a whole lot of strategy, and a world of luck.

All you need to do is find out the bosses patterns and recognize their attacks, be able to dodge like crazy, and trust me when I say this, BACK OFF, don't be a berserker and charge headlong, that kills you, you have to know when to back off and be patient.

I was actually extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY) lucky to beat Tabuu before he used his red rings. He was just teleporting to probably do the attack, but I was able to get him before he got away. Happy day.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I did it first with Lucas, but since then have done it with Ganondorf, Charizard, Bowser, Wolf. It's really not to bad as long as you know the attack pattern and you play more conservatively

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
After much further deliberation, I have now done Boss Battles on Intense with:

Toon Link
Ness
Kirby

Working on doing it with Meta Knight, since he's my best and favorite character, but it's tough with absolutely no ranged attacks to speak of, and no hard-hitting blows (Kirby's hammer and Ness's PK Flash work wonders, I tell you).

I maintain that Porky and Duon are the hardest bosses by far. Tabuu is nothing compared to either of them...
Have you been using MK's Nair?

neji32

Smash Lord
This post is completely selfish in every way. And I'm okay with that.

I have finished boss battles on intense with every character. I rule.

EDIT: I still rule
Yea i doubt that, I'd like to see anyone beat boss battles with jigglypuff, gme and watch, peach ect. even bowser would be hard to beat it with. I dont think your telling the truth.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Have you been using MK's Nair?
Yeah, I've done it with him now. Heavy use of the n-air is the only way to go! That and sometimes b-air and f-air. The Dimensional Cape works pretty well too if you use it at the right times to dodge and then hit the bosses.

Top Bottom