• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well, six hours after I made my last post, I beat it with the last seven characters I needed to, and it only took me a few of those. Pit was the hardest left; I managed to do it with Snake the first time I tried (though in an embarrassing 9+ minute time). Space Wolf and Wario weren't so bad, nor was Peach, the very last of them.

Really, once you learn how to beat the bosses, its a question of learning which moves to use with which characters which are the most damaging and easiest to get away with afterwards so you can dodge their attacks. Over time you get much better at it.

Time to find the thread for overall speed. I'm at 1:29:change for my overall time, and I'm going to try to get it under an hour at some point.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I finally beat boss battle with no healing on Intense, and I will never perform that ever again. XD

NessBrawler

Smash Cadet
its a cakewalk! And if I do get owned. I just hope I fight an enemy who Ican use PSI magnet on. :laugh:

Craeter

Smash Apprentice
I beat it a long time ago a couple months after the game came out... with kirby I think if I remember right. *scratches head*

B0x

Smash Apprentice
i just got brawl at home and iv been trying to beat boss battles on intense but i cant get past tabuus butterfly like attack. It kills me in 1 hit. Its easy for me to get to tabuu but i cant beat him. Can any1 help me?

Ignatious

Smash Cadet
i just got brawl at home and iv been trying to beat boss battles on intense but i cant get past tabuus butterfly like attack. It kills me in 1 hit. Its easy for me to get to tabuu but i cant beat him. Can any1 help me?
All you can do is spot dodge the three rings. Practice makes perfect.

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Personally I use Fox. Lasers work when it's unsafe to run in. Dair, fair, and uair work wonders. Shine can reflect projectiles and is even good for attacking physically. Run in when it's safe, camp with lasers when it isn't, and know the boss' attacks. Being good with spot and air dodges, you can pretty easily make it through intense.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
I've managed to get Tabuu down to half health with Link. I messed up on the third wave of his wings attack.

Dair and Uair are great for floating enemies. F-smash works nicely for the ground based ones. Duon is pretty hard though.

MasterSwordStudio

Smash Rookie
I beat it on Intense with 2 people. Ness, and Meta Knight. I'm working on beating it with Lucas, Yoshi, and Ike. and maybe kirby.

{EDIT}I Beat it with Lucas, Yoshi and toon Link. Yaaaaay!

{EDIT} Good God I'm almost done with the roster! I beat it with 27 people!

MasterSwordStudio

Smash Rookie
Wish I had a competent friend to do this with. Most of my friends would probably end up getting killed because they don't know the bosses attack patterns. -_- Oh well, guess I'll be doing this by myself eventually.

First post btw. :O
Yeah, All my friends either dont play, or Spam one move and dont know how to gaurd.
It's sad...:glare:

SubZeroxtheWolf

Smash Rookie
well at first i tried it with snake. i used the dspecial and dsmash and a lot of dodging for bosses that were on the ground and usmash and air attacks for bosses that were in the air. i died on the 6th boss(stupid rayquaza). then i tried samus because her projectiles were decent and i died at the 7th boss(again, stupid rayquaza). now, im working with fox. i made it to tabuu twice with laser spamming, dairs, fairs, side and forward smashes. its actually a good strategy if you know the pattern of the bosses. also, with meta ridley, when shes about to shoot her fireballs, just jump up to her mouth and put on the reflector. easy kill. you need an immense amount of focus for the other bosses though because if you screw up once, youre done. either youre KOd or you have ~100% with any boss. (btw, i still havent beaten boss battles because of stupid mistakes like accidently doing a side special off the stage vs. tabuu)

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
I have tried using Charizards forward b which does a considerable amount of damage
That's how I beat Insane Boss Battles at first. If you play the bosses enough, you start to pick up on almost all of their patterns and signals, so dodging becomes easier. Charizard's forward B does monster damage to almost everyone, but when you reach Tabuu, it becomes a bit more challenging.

Top Bottom